HELP: 2003 Macros with DrawingObject

Hi,
I've a .Net application which uses the DrawingControl to display visio
documents - works fine...
.... unless the drawing contains Macros which need to run. Investigation
shows the MacrosEnabled property to be false on DrawingControl.

Is it possible for DrawingControl object to open the file (using .src=) and
have the macros run - or has this been disabled in DrawingControl as a
breech of security?  Anyone managed to run macros in DrawingControl?

Cheers,
Paul Wallis

0
pw1 (6)
9/10/2003 3:02:43 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm about 90% sure that VBA/Macros are not enabled for the Drawing Control
in Visio 2003. Security is a big reason for this.

I suppose your code could open drawings in an invisible Visio instance, and
have the macros run, but they wouldn't be able to affect what's in the Visio
control. But the macros could alter a drawing, then the control could load
that drawing thereafter. Sounds pretty kludgey, though.

--
Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP
visioguy@hotmail.kom

"Paul Wallis" <pw@cassini-software.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've a .Net application which uses the DrawingControl to display visio
> documents - works fine...
> ... unless the drawing contains Macros which need to run. Investigation
> shows the MacrosEnabled property to be false on DrawingControl.
>
> Is it possible for DrawingControl object to open the file (using .src=)
and
> have the macros run - or has this been disabled in DrawingControl as a
> breech of security?  Anyone managed to run macros in DrawingControl?
>
> Cheers,
> Paul Wallis

0
visioguy (5)
9/11/2003 3:50:14 AM
Thanks Chris

I think the best idea is to get shot of the VBA and re-code for .NET

Cheers

Paul Wallis

"Chris Roth" <visioguy@hotmail.kom> wrote in message
> I'm about 90% sure that VBA/Macros are not enabled for the Drawing Control
> in Visio 2003. Security is a big reason for this.
>
> I suppose your code could open drawings in an invisible Visio instance,
and
> have the macros run, but they wouldn't be able to affect what's in the
Visio
> control. But the macros could alter a drawing, then the control could load
> that drawing thereafter. Sounds pretty kludgey, though.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Chris Roth
> Visio MVP
> visioguy@hotmail.kom
>

> "Paul Wallis" <pw@cassini-software.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I've a .Net application which uses the DrawingControl to display visio
> > documents - works fine...
> > ... unless the drawing contains Macros which need to run. Investigation
> > shows the MacrosEnabled property to be false on DrawingControl.
> >
> > Is it possible for DrawingControl object to open the file (using .src=)
> and
> > have the macros run - or has this been disabled in DrawingControl as a
> > breech of security?  Anyone managed to run macros in DrawingControl?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Paul Wallis

0
pw1 (6)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Publisher 2003: Windows Installer error 1635
Publisher 2003 and the rest of Office 11 is also installed, Windows XP Home SP1 In Publisher > New Publication > Business forms > Invoice > I get several choices, but when I try to load one of them, I get the error alerts: "Publisher cannot run this wizard. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" When I try to install even with the Office CD inserted . "Publisher cannot run this wizard. Microsoft Office Publisher cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1635." It seems I used to have no problem ins...

Excel Macro to delete rows
Hello, I have an excel Sheet in which I have a blank row below the cell which contains "<<<Mem>>>". I vave some random data and multiple such cells. Can I get some help with the excel macros for the same? Harsh Assuming "Mem" is in column E: Sub DeleteRowBelowMem() For i=cells(rows.count,5).end(xlup).row to 1 step -1 if cells(i,5).value="Mem" then rows(i+1).Delete Next End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP HTH "Harsh" <cooldreamz83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1159983014.172239.234480@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

OWA 2003
how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to the sender of the email message itself? Also, is it possible to configure front-end and the backend in one box? please help TIA On 10 Sep 2004 20:45:36 -0700, google@joriz.is-a-geek.net (Joriz) wrote: >how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in >public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to >the sender of the email message itself? Yes, but the client must be using a front end ser...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

exch 5.5 help

Free/Busy not available after upgrading to Exchange 2003
After we successfully migrated the users to the new exchange server 2003, we find a new problem. User cannot see the free/busy when scheduling meeting in the calendar. I suspect this a replication issue. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. -- Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8207 Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine MXGBL2. The error number is 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. -KHY ...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Does HQ run better on XP or Win Server 2003?
I'm running HQ on a win2000 machine. I would like to upgrade. Does it run better in XP or Win Server 2003? Is it certified for Win Server 2003? HQ will run fine on either. Remember that there are many components to "HQ" - Server, Client, Manager and a database - you may want to split those functions across several systems. We normally recommend a full version of SQL Server rather than MSDE for HQ Environments, and that requires a Server OS - consider Small Business Server Premier which includes SQL Server as well as Win 2K3 Sever and some of the other MS Back Office s...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Address mapping and rewrite in Exchange 2003?
I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come in on @domain1.com and then forwarding it on to internal boxes as @domain2.com. Exchange 5.5 IMC could do it and I heard that 2003 could do it as well.... "Dima" <voland@begemot.com> wrote: >I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick >bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an >address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come >in on @domain1.com and then fo...

Macro Help

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

help me #2

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

Sort Macro #2
I recorded this macro to sort a list according to a custom list. The problem I have is that it does not sort on another users Excel because they don't have the same customs list. Is there a way round this problem? Sub Macro1() Columns("N:N").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("N1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=12, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal End Sub Hi! Application.AddCustomList ListArray:=Range("A1:A10") will add a custo list to a workbook using a range y...