grid off on one page

Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page?
thanks

0
iuouh (20)
2/14/2008 4:37:11 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page?

Not really as it is a document wide setting....
however, there is workaround
open the page shapesheet
menu window -> Show shapesheet
and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
SSADM for Visio          http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/
<SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page?
>
>Not really as it is a document wide setting....
>however, there is workaround
>open the page shapesheet
>menu window -> Show shapesheet
>and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value.

or use the menu Tools -> Ruler and Grid

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page?
>
> Not really as it is a document wide setting....
> however, there is workaround
> open the page shapesheet
> menu window -> Show shapesheet
> and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value.
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> SSADM for Visio          http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/

0
iuouh (20)
2/14/2008 6:42:20 PM
Ah, you are using inches! I was working in mm, 1000 being more
appropriate in my case.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:42:20 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote:

>OK,
>Set the XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to 10.
>seems pretty good.
>thanks
>

>"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page?
>>
>> Not really as it is a document wide setting....
>> however, there is workaround
>> open the page shapesheet
>> menu window -> Show shapesheet
>> and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
http://www.sdl.sandrila.co.uk/       SDL/MSC/TTCN/URN/UML2 for Visio

Need antivirus suggestion for only one Server
Gurus, I support several small organizations, each one with a server that does it all, including Exchange. I've recently become aware of the need to install an antivirus product on these machines that is specifically made to filter/clean at the mail store level, such as Symantec Mail Security. However, it appears as though I must buy at least 10 licenses for this product, and the other products (Trend Micro, etc.) seem similar. Is there no product that I can buy for installation on just ONE server? Thanks for any advice. On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:21:02 -0700, Holo20 <Holo20@discus...

Best grid for data...
I have to use a grid to display data. The data is not from a database and hence I cannot use data bound grids. Now, there are so many grids that Iam totally confused which one to use. For now, I just have to display information and sort the rows in ascending/descending order when the user clicks on the column header. This can be achieved even by MS Flex grid. But Iam looking for a grid that is flexible and extensible in case there are new requirements like editing cell data. Can somebody help me find a good grid? Ofcourse Iam looking for freeware. thanks for your patience. T...

Hiding Grids
How to hide grids in a selected group of cells? I want to keep grids in the rest of the sheet. I turn off the grid (tools|options|view tab) for the worksheet/window, then apply borders (format|cells|borders tab) where I want them. I find that I have the best control that way. But you could hide the grid by using a fill color (white???) for that selected area (format|cells|Pattern tab). M H West & Co inc wrote: > > How to hide grids in a selected group of cells? > I want to keep grids in the rest of the sheet. -- Dave Peterson Use a white fill - the tools with icon of...

footer page number not in series count
hi community can anybody kindly guide me on this: while typing a set of document, my page number at the footer, at certain pages, the number does not run in series format, an example, while typing at page 84 and when Word automatically wrap through next page, the page number should be 85 but it went bersek, it shows page 81. what i did was, i converted the normal page break to section break and re format the page number to be page 85. this happen not only at this page, i experienced it while at page 66 and next page showed page 51. ???? kindly assist me on this, and I ...

Clean a Grid
Hi, I am beginner in GP and I have a problem. I am programming in vba of GP, and I have the necessity to clean grid of form, somebody knows some procedure for this Ber Monterrey Mexico Can you be a bit more specific with the form you are working with and what you are trying to achieve? It may be that Dexterity would be a better tool to achieve your goal. Thanks David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contain...

Bank One E-Pay Problems
I've seen very little chatter about Bank One's "exciting" new online system so I'm guessing a lot of people don't care that the bank is taking your money out several days early (and earning interest on it while they do) but let me get to my question: Checks that will be electronically sent are taken out two days early, checks manually written by the bank come out five days early. But in my Money '04 register each electronic payment is dated THREE days early and manual payments come out SIX days early (Money is adding one extra day to every e-payment. Bank One s...

how do I create a single page a5 flyer in publisher 2003?
I am trying to create 2 a5 flyers on a single a4 sheet but am finding it impossible. Help please. Page setup, click custom, Portrait--- Width - 21 cm, Height - 14.85 cm. Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. If you are doing a landscape publication reverse the above measurements. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rossd" <Rossd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F3FC95-F3B5-48E7-8150-A610D9554DFD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create 2 a5 flyers on a single a4 she...

home page
I download my accout info from my bank at least once a week. I'm wondering why I can't get the "Updated" date on the home page to update correctly. Both my checking and savings are from the same institution. The date for my savings account will update to close to the current day when I download the info. The date on my checking, however, will never update. I have checked to see that the account information is correct and it is. I've got everything filled in just as I do with my savings. Why the difference? What is Money actuallying using to update this date...

Merge a field data for all records in a table into one output
Hi Team, I am desperately seeking help for a solution by which I would be able to merge the data for all records of any one field in a table to appear in the output of one specific selected record. Example, I have 10 period records in a table with (Field D) that contains data but not necessarily for all of the 10 periods. I would want to print the output of any specific period record which generates the data of all the fields for that record with exception of (Field D) which I want to output its merged data that comprises the data of the selected period record plus all the da...

HOW TO APPLY GRAY HIGHLIGHTING TO RANGE, BASED ON ENTRY IN ONE CELL
Hello, i am attempting to apply gray shading to the range i12:w12, based on the cell g12. That is, if cell g12 contains the word "yes", i want the cells i12 thru w12 to be highlighted gray. Is there a simple way to accomplish that result? Thanks for any suggestions. ......i.e., is there a good formula to use via the "CONDITIONAL FORMATTING" function. On Aug 26, 11:03=A0am, Dave K <fred.sher...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, i am attempting to apply gray shading to the range i12:w12, > based on the cell g12. That is, if cell g12 contains the word "yes"...

How can I limit a worksheet to one page?
I want my worksheet to be on one page so that a lot of pages don't print out if I forget to specify only one page when I print. In EXCEL 2007 try this:- Page Layout tab / Page Setup group / single left hand click on the arrow in the lower right hand corner / Page Setup should launch / Page tab / slect Fit to: (so that it has a gree dot in it) / and make ssure that to the right of this it reads 1 page(s) wide by 1 tall. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks! "xicapaty" wrote: > I want my worksheet to be on one page so that a lot of pages ...

exchange stops sending email after one invalid email
Recently migrated to sbs2003 from sbs2000, running exchange with smtp virtual server and pop3 connector. Problem: Previously if we sent an email to say 10 people, and one of those emails was invalid then we'd get an NDR for that one email address. Since migration/new installation, anytime we send an email out to multiple people, if one of those emails is invalid/bad, NO one gets the email, and I get an NDR looking like this (where the invalid address is obvious but none of the recipients receive it anyway). Anyone have any ideas where I can 'turn' this off? Or disable it? I...

scrolling grids
I have some vba that calculates totals for the lines in a grid (example document total). This document total is displayed in a new local field on the window; however, when the user clicks into the grid, the amounts recalculate as the grid repopulates!!! Anyone have an idea how to keep the amounts from recalculating? thanks! -g George, It would help to know what window, what scrolling window and what scrolling window event you are using to perform your calculations. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dy...

Sorting pages in Unfiled Notes causes error
Using the Sort Pages powertoy, on the pages in the Unfiled Notes notebook, I get the following error: "Could not UpdateHierarchy from OneNote. Error code: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004200B" The message comes up twice. Sorting pages works in other notebooks, just not in Unfiled Notes. What IS it about that notebook? Can't import text messages there except by a workaround.... Can't sort the pages, unless I take them out and put them elsewhere, sort them and put them back.... Maybe I have a jinxed Unfiled Notes notebook...! :) //Steve// Steve Silverwo...

Space Before a Paragraph at the Start of a page
Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before a paragraph at the top of a page? I would like a heading to have space above to separate it from the text. However, this space is unnecessary when the heading occurs at the start of a page and looks funny not starting at the top of the page. On Nov 28, 1:34=A0am, "faceman28...@yahoo.com" <faceman28...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before > a paragraph at the top of a page? > > I would like a heading to have space above to separ...

Problems executing commands on one file from another
I am executing a macro from one worksheet and wish to perform actions on another. With the commands below, I am able to open the existing file called "destinationfile" which contains a number of worksheets. It's with the 2nd command line below where I get an error message; for some reason, I am unable to "ACTIVATE" the file which I just opened (i.e. destinationfile) in order to select specific worksheets (called "Investment Models E" and "Open Models E") and save them as a combined PDF document. NOTE that these commands are be...

print cel in column to one page
How can I setup an Excel spreadsheet column (of many rows) to print out each row of this column on a separate page? For instance: Column1 Column2 Column3 aa 001 print1 ab 002 print2 ac 003 print3 I would want "print1" to print on a page, by itself; "print2" to prin on a page by itself, etc... I only want the cels from Column3 to print; only those cels. How can I do that -- Steven Young You can click on "View/Page Break Preview" and, by dragging the page breaks, set each cell u...

cannot open one or more attachments
When I send ie .pdf, .zip, or any attachment I am unable to view. Where can I configure these settings in exchange 2003 to allow? What makes you think Exchange is doing anything to the file attachments? Can you provide more detail? When you send a zip file to someone outside your network, do they get it? When they send you one, do you get it? Jack Temple wrote: > When I send ie .pdf, .zip, or any attachment I am unable > to view. > Where can I configure these settings in exchange 2003 to > allow? Can you explain that again? If you sent them, where are you trying to view the...

Print multiple mail merge results on each postcard page in Publish
After creating a postcard in Publisher and successfully completing a mail merge, I only seem to be able to print one "addressed" post card per page. When I choose multiple copies (4 per page), I get the same addressee 4 times. Is it possbile to print 4 mail merge results on a single page, to minimize paper waste? Are you actually printing the cards or relying on what print preview is telling you? Print preview shows all the cards the same, it is a bug in the program. For a mail merge to be successful you can only have one card on your screen. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://...

Only have one Calendar?
Is there a way to eliminate the hotmail associated calendars and just have the local Outlook calendar? Or is there a way to have meeting requests sent through hotmail only go to the local Outlook calendar? Thanks "elguapo99" <elguapo99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E77A611-DD52-46EC-8C6C-A18F3F7B2ABA@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to eliminate the hotmail associated calendars and just have > the local Outlook calendar? > Or is there a way to have meeting requests sent through hotmail only go to > the local Outlook calendar? ...

Hide columns to all but one user?
Is it possible to restrict the view of several columns to one user? I have a spreadsheet that the whole team enters data into. The manager wants columns in the same spreadsheet where she can enter confidential information about each project, so she should be the only person who can view or unhide or ungroup those columns or something. Any suggestions? Here is what will happen. Test this in a blank new workbook: Enter in the following cells. A1: You're the B1: stupidest C1: man ! Rightclick columnheader B. Choose Hide. Now it says "You're the man !", which is far nicer...

One folder
I am using email folders for following up projects. In addition to (of course) emails I would like to keep summaries of discussions, phone call and so on. I tried using a Journal form, but than it will be saved in the journal folder. Transferring the form from the journal is not a solution as it is complicated and requires creating an email with an attachment. Is there a way of keeping summaries of discussions in an email folder? Thanks, Dan >Is there a way of keeping summaries of discussions in an email folder? Of course. Write the summary and send yourself a message containing it. --...

How do I get the entire boarder to print on one page?
I am trying to put a boarder around my doument in Microsoft Word 2007. When I hit print preview the bottom portion of the boarder shows up but when I print it the bottom boarder is missing. I have tried to adjust the page size and that will not work. Any suggestions? See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:58:01 -0700, Shanna <Shanna@discussions.microsof...

#name? error after saving excel spreadsheet as web page
I have written an excel spreadsheet that takes advantage of a fair number of excel functions. When I save as a web page with interactivity, I am getting #name? errors from a number of the functions in the spreadsheet (including if statements and lookups). I am using Excel 2002 on Windows XP with IE 6.0. Any suggestions on how to fix this? ...

You are not authorized to view this page #2
We are experiencing problems with our CRM system. When we try to access Workflow Manager we receive the following error: "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable or it is not a Microsoft CRM server. For more information, contact your administrator." We receive the following error when trying to access User Manager: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, if it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager. For more ...