Gantt Chart Import Invalid Column Error

Trying to import an Excel table into the Gantt Chart in Visio.  The Finish
date works fine, but every time I try to map the Start date, I get an
"Invalid Column Format" error.  Tried changing the format of the Start date
field, and it doesn't change anything.

Excel 2007
Visio 2007 SP2 and 2010 Beta, both with the same issue.

Any suggestions?
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

some people have luck with exporting a file from Visio first, then using that as a dummy file to enter data into and import back. I also found that visio chokes on blank date fields.
0
angi

copy and past chart 11-21-07
I have 22 employees. I have created 22 different queries for different performance data. From these I want to creat a chart for each employee. Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but it took a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look exactly the same in appearance. I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and then just change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do this? I successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the criteria accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source fo...

Chart overlay and joined secondary chart
I created a hi-low-close stock chart with excel, but would like to add an independent indicator on top of the main chart without disturbing the axis scale on the main chart. So my first question is: can I make an overlay chart? Secondly, if I decide to add another indicator below the original chart, is there a way to join the two charts, so the data will be aligned? Thanks Hi, Have a look at Jon's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignCharts.html It may be possible to create a combination chart, which is usually a better solution than trying to overlay them. Chee...

KB956572 install error
The KB956572 installation keeps failing to install via WSUS. Log file shows: "Failure Content Install Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800f0102: Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956572)." I have deleted the softwaredistribution folder and let the server download updates and I still receive the error. How can this be fixed? "For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through your usual support contacts." WSUS newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/...

display cell value on a pivot chart
After perparing a pivot chart and showing it to my customer, he requested some other information on the chart. He would like to see the grand total of the selected data displayed as a numeric value (i.e. not plotted just a label followed by a value). Does Excel provide any way to customize the chart to add a label and value to a random location on the chart? ...

Importing Contacts from MSN to Outlook 2002
How do I import MSN Hotmail contacts into Outlook 2002? When I follow the faq's, they ask me to browse for a file on my own computer. I cannot find any "*.pst" files on my hard drive. Please help! anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I import MSN Hotmail contacts into Outlook 2002? > When I follow the faq's, they ask me to browse for a > file on my own computer. I cannot find any "*.pst" files > on my hard drive. Please help! If you have a PST on your hard drive, it's in a hidden...

Pivot Charts
I need to update about 120 charts per week using pivot charts. Since the data changes weekly, I lose any formatting to the lines on the graph. Can I update all the graphs using a macro? If so, where do I start the macro - on the pivot data tab or on the pivot chart itself? At the simplest level, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the charts manually. Then, play the macro each week to automatically perform the task. Depending on how the PivotCharts change, and where they're located, you may be able to write some code to loop through them and make the changes. ...

import data from .txt to excel
Hi, I have various report extracted from different applications in .txt format. I would like to transfer the same report from .txt format to excel.......the report in .txt is generated on regular basis. The report in .txt format contains many unwanted fileds. Can we write a macro to export the data from .txt to excel so that the fileds required can only be exported to excel. Please help.... Cheers, Mandeep The simplest way is to record the process of opening a .txt file with the wizard as a macro. You will have an option for each column to omit it. Regards, Stefi „Mandeep Dhami”...

import 05-10-06
In my CRM menu I have the menu choice of "Import", but when I click it nothing happens. Is there a module missing I need to install or enable? ...

9554 errors
I am getting the following event logged. It started a couple of days ago. Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 21/04/06 Time: 2:04:21 PM User: N/A Computer: PEGASUS Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: af941007-94e5-47f5-8d34-e3fa85e3ac9c. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. I have followed KB articles 322308 and 555433 but have had no luck in finding o...

error 0x8000ccc0e when sending & receiving e-mail
I am unable to send/receive messages in Outlook 2000. The error number is 0x8000ccc0e. The message says that it is unable to connect to the server (POP3). I have checked the all the server ports which are either 80 and 110 or 25 and 110. Please help me figure of the issue. -- thank you, megan http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302339&sd=RMVP -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "levymegan" <levymegan@dicussion.com> wrote in message news:76172BE6-0B1A-4C24-A0F8-C09B68E8D6AB@microsoft.com... >I am unable to send/receive messages in Outl...

Bar charts with a differing starting point
I need to plot a bar chart where the values is a price range. In my graph the x-axis is a price range (i.e. 25, 50,100, etc) and the y-axis is the product name (i.e. toyota, honda, bmw, mercedes, ferrari). The bar should reflect the position of a prodcut name's price range (i.e. toyota, 25-50) in the graph. This way toyota will have a bar starting from the 25 grid to the 50 grid, honda (30-60) will have a bar starting from 30 grid to the 60 grid, etc. Teng, Set your data up like this (assume Toyota is in cell A1, 25 in B1, and 25 in C1 - Honda info is in row 2): Toyota 25 25 Honda...

Which best chart for income?
What kind of chart (for example, a bar graph, line graph, or pictograph [e.g., pie chart]) would be good for displaying Patty's income and why? Why would displaying her income in a chart be good for Patty? How will having a chart for her company's income be looked at by the bank? "EqualacornLady" wrote > What kind of chart (for example, a bar graph, line graph, or pictograph > [e.g., pie chart]) would be good for displaying Patty's income and why? > Why would displaying her income in a chart be good for Patty? How will > having a chart for her comp...

How do I print a worksheet with embedded charts?
I have two embedded charts overlaying my worksheet. I need all three to print as it appears on my screen. When I print my worksheet, the two charts disappear. I can print it all separately, but not together. Please help. Presentation tonight! Thank you Valerine - The default behavior is to print the charts as they appear on the worksheet. Something is strange, let's see what we can do. Hold Shift while selecting a chart, so you get white handles on the corners instead of black. On the Format menu, choose Object, click on the Properties tab, and make sure the Print Object box i...

charting performance speed
So am I correct in finding that the charting preformance speed of 2007 is an absolute dog? Trying to chart 16 datasets with 2055 data pointrs each on an x-y chart, with the colours of some of the lines adjusted to keep them in four "matching sets". I have to wait for nearly a minute for a redraw when you flick back a tab. Can't type any headers without taking a break for a coffee. Am I missing something please? Your impressions match my own. Excel 2007 with SP1 installed is slightly better in some situations. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials ...

Showing Grand Totals in Pivot Charts
I have created a pivot table which contains a Grand Total column. This grand total column displays the sum of the counts for all the columns correctly. This number does not seem to be available to me when I generate a pivot chart. How can I make the grand total from the pivot table display in the pivot chart? Hi Nikki - Unfortunately pivot charts aren't as flexible as regular charts. But you can make a regular chart from pivot table data. Select a blank cell that isn't near the pivot table. In step 2, click on the Series tab, then one by one add the series and the data range ...

Integration Manager (v9) and Price Level SOP import problems
"Customer6" has default price level = "A". "Item6" has default price level = "STANDARD" and has some additional price levels defined, but not one called "A". When I manually create and SOP Order for the "Customer6" and enter "Item6", I get a warning box "the default price level has been used for this item ..." and I click OK. The item in the order does has the price level set as "STANDARD" and that is OK. If I try to import this order using Integration Manager, it will cause the whole order to fail...

GANTT
Does any body have an easy to follow Gantt chart I can forward on to a new Gantt user.. Why not start with http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html ? -- David Biddulph "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:47c42c85$0$7004$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Does any body have an easy to follow Gantt chart I can forward on to a new > Gantt user.. > ...

Pivot table error- too many records
I am assisting a customer that was just upgraded to Excel 2003. This was working fine in an earlier version. Customer has 2 gigs of memory so I don't think this is an issue. She is creating a pivot table with about 160 rows by about 200 columns. When trying to create the table she gets this error: There are too many records to complete this operation. She claims she was doing just fine with this on the earlier version. Is there an environment variable here which may need to be set? TIA George Maybe she was close to the limit in the previous version, and has added a few records sinc...

Grouping information in a chart
What I'm trying to do is probably fairly simple, but I don't know much about making charts with Excel, and I couldn't find anything in the help files for this. I have a large amount of data that I need put into a chart. Each entry is grouped into a category. What I need to do is have Excel make a chart that shows the total revenue for each category. From my attempts, I can only make a chart that has the correct axis values, but each individual entry comes up within the group (so, instead of one big bar for a category, there are several smaller ones next to each other that don&#...

plot chart for alphaneumeric data vs time
Hi Guys, I got a requirement to plot chart for alphaneumeric data vs time.. here is a snapshot of the data Locations Time a1 7.05 a2 7.1 a4 7.2 a3 7.3 a4 7.4 a2 7.45 a6 7.56 a7 8.01 Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.. Hi, What do you want your chart to look like? Which parameter do you want on which axis. You could plot a line graph of the times, and have the a1, a2, a4 etc along the x axis. Not sure whether it shows anything meaningful, though. Dave ...

3D Funnel Chart
Good afternoon everybody, is there a web site and or someone that could help me in setting up,step by step a 3D Funnel Chart? Thank for the help Giovanni 3D Funnel charts are among the worst graph types you could use. They're based on a flawed metaphor, and this faulty metaphor makes the graph very difficult to interpret properly. I describe the problem and offer alternatives here: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/29/bad-graphics-funnel-chart/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech...

copy an intial cells contents into the next series of blank cells in a column
When doing a pivot table, the data in a column might have the initial cell inditifer, such as a date and the remaining cells if they have the same date will be blank. I know there is a process that you can highlight the cells in a range and have copied the initial cell into the next suceeding blank cells, I just don't remember the sequence of steps to get there. can anybod help? Select the column with data. F5>Special>Blanks>OK Type an = sign in active blank cell. Arrow or point to cell above. CTRL + Enter to fill all blanks with value from above. Gord Dibben MS Excel MV...

Can I SAVE AS while preserving hidden-nes of columns?
I have a spread sheet that I would like to turn into a text or Word document, but I want to preserve the hiddennes of the columns? But when I use SAVE AS to a Uniary Text type, .txt, all the columns are visible. I'm very surprised that I can't convert it to a Word document. Maybe I'm missing something somewhere? TIA LAS Copy the visible range to a temporary location (a temporary worksheet). (ctrl-g, special|visible cells only) Then copy from there and paste to MSWord. Laurel wrote: > > I have a spread sheet that I would like to turn into a text or Word &...

Lock pivot chart formatting colors
Is there anyway to lock the color etc. When I do a refresh it changes them all back to their originally created colors! thanks robert Things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: --On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options --Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Depending on your version of Excel, you may also have to enable selection (From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select, and click on...

To separate two line in a line chart
Hi all, I drew the confidence intervals (the vertical black lines) of each points in this line chart (please see below). However, the intervals would overlap at some places. In MS-Excel, is there any tip to shift one of the two lines a bit horizontally? So that I can prevent the overlapped intervals, especially as in black-and-white chart later. Thank you!! Seeing the figure, please click this url: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgtvrqj3_10fr9frz HsinJen Chen Hi, You would need to create a new set of x values for one of the series by adding or subtracting a constant. The chart type...