Export from Visio to Word

Hi,

I created a EER database model in Visio and I would like to send/export it
to word so that I can print it  and other people with MS Word can see it
because my professor and GTA they do not have MS Visio.

Thanks
Tiger

0
aaa0715 (1)
2/13/2006 7:15:47 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 01:15:47 -0600, "tiger" <aaa0715@omega.uta.edu>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I created a EER database model in Visio and I would like to send/export it
>to word so that I can print it  and other people with MS Word can see it
>because my professor and GTA they do not have MS Visio.

Save the diagram as an image (GIF or PNG). The image can either be
distributed or embedded in a Word document.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/
"Paul Herber" <Usenet-paul@pherber.com> wrote:

> Save the diagram as an image (GIF or PNG). The image can either be
> distributed or embedded in a Word document.

But be aware that GIF format is either 72dpi or 96dpi; fine for screen
viewing but lousy for printing.

Paste or Paste Special ... Picture works very well (except for broken lines
at angle.

Paddy

0
paddy1 (17)
2/19/2006 9:53:56 AM
Just embed the VISIO drwg. into WORD (copy & paste) to view and zoom it in
WORD (no VISIO required for viewing).

Frank W.

tiger <aaa0715@omega.uta.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
ui26JzGMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I created a EER database model in Visio and I would like to send/export it
> to word so that I can print it  and other people with MS Word can see it
> because my professor and GTA they do not have MS Visio.
>
> Thanks
> Tiger

I would like to be sent a copy of Microsoft Visio. Can a recieve one from you

"tiger" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a EER database model in Visio and I would like to send/export it
> to word so that I can print it  and other people with MS Word can see it
> because my professor and GTA they do not have MS Visio.
>
> Thanks
> Tiger

0
DEbeltoft (1)

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

Text disappears when format changed in MS Word (Office X)
I save Word documents in Mac Word 5.1 format while using Office X. Sometimes when I resave, the format changes to the generic Microsoft Office document format. After this happens and I open the document, the text of the document is missing entirely. I an using Panther 10.3.3. Any ideas? Thank you. James Costello ...

Export / Import Security

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

Control Word Files From Excel
I have been successful in moving data from Excel to Word in VB. From Excel (2003 running on Windows XP Pro) I am able to create several Word files from the same starting Word form. Now, using Excel VB, I need to connect these files into one Word report and have three questions. 1) End of document I need to move the insertion point to the end of the first file before I insert the second file. I’ve recorded a macro in Word and tried the following: WordApp.ActiveDocument.Selection.EndKey Unit:=6 But it does not work. Do you know what will work? Please provide code example...

Export item ID?

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Lock the number of pages in a word Doc
Hi, I really need some help, quick :-) I have built a Word doc in Office 2003, I have managed to to built different headers on different pages. BUT! I need to look the document to 4 pages, how? I don't won't page number 5, just 4 pages thats it.... Thank you!!!! So what do you want Word to do if you (or someone else) put more than 4 pages worth of text and graphics in the document? The usual way to do this is to use tables with fixed row heights to create a layout that won't change. If more text is typed or pasted into a cell than will fit within the fi...

Splitting 1 cell w/2 words into 2 separate cells
Hey everyone! I have a listing of fantasy football players listed as (Firstname Lastname) in one cell. How can I split them up, so the first name is in one cell, and the last name in another? I need this so I can then sort by last name. Thank you! Gary Gary, Select the column, then use Data - Text to columns. Specify a space as the delimiter. Ensure that the next column is currently empty first. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gary Hopkins" <garyh@somewhereoutthere.com> wrote in message news:41...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Want to print the grid background in Visio on a floor plan
AFAIK it's a standard function on v2003.... For something else you might have to put the lines in yourself. al "goodgolf" <goodgolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BCFDF96-E505-4725-9353-14064093A72E@microsoft.com... > ...

Exporting to Powerpoint

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Getting Error: Word cannot print. There is no printer installed
NOTE: This automation problem is not happening when used with server 2003. Operating System: Windows Server 2008 64 bit. Printer: Any normal printer We have a windows service that takes document from a local folder and performs automated printing from background to a specified printer. This has been working perfectly in our Windows 2003 environment. We just switched to Windows 2008 environment and we are getting "Word cannot Print. There is no printer installed." I have gone through following articles: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223418 http://www.tek-...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

Macintosh Word X Indentation Issue
I am using Microsoft Office Mac X purchased December 24, 2003. Problem: I have a 250 page document, suddently the first line of each = page=20 is indenting and I am having to go to the individual pages to drop the=20 opening line down to eliminate the indent. The only explanation I can think of -- I had originally number the = pages,=20 then using the header/footer facility in View Mode, I deleted the page=20 numbers, creating this formatting inconsistency, which is extremely=20 disabling. I tried copying the full document onto another blank = document=20 but the formatting carried over. ...

Importing MS Word file
I read somewhere that Publisher is the best for large documents, but it's the only DTP I can afford, so I want to do everything I can to see if I can get it to work for me. I have a novel that is around 76000 words. I'm wanting to put art work in my document and then have it printed on a commercial printer. I used Word to create a pretty nice document, but it doesn't seem good enough for the commecial printer. They sent me an email saying DPI settings were to small (I imported my art work at 300 DPI but I believe Word must have lowered the DPI to 199), also there is a prob...

Word Converted My WordPerfect Documents
Hi. I installed a trial version of OFFICE, which somehow converted all of my many WordPerfect documents over to Word, thus causing a lot of difficulty. I have tried for several weeks to contact MS, for this simple question, and haven't found help. When I uninstall Office, will my original documents stored in WordPerfect, plus any additions I added while they were in Word, be fully restored to WordPerfect with no inconvenience to me? Thank you very much. You're in the wrong newsgroup for this question. This group deals with Microsoft Access - you want one that deals with Mic...

Can I export my Publisher document into MS Word?
Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document into MS Word? Hi Matt (matthew_removethis_@mccallister.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document || into MS Word? No you cannot. You can open one instance of Publisher and one instance of Word and copy/paste between the two programs, or do a CTRL+Drag and Drop between the two programs. Some formatting will be lost however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Excel and Word 2007
Is it possible to switch back to the 2003 display with pull down menus in lieu of all the new Icons? If so how? I find the 2007 versions very difficult to use. You can get (some are free) addins Classic Menu and Toolbars in XL 2007 http://www.addintools.com/english/menuoffice/ Excel-2007 add-in to display XL 2003 menubars & toolbars http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/addins.htm ToolbarToggle: http://www.toolbartoggle.com/ But if you give it a decent chance you will get used to the ribbon best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme ...

Automatic word selection in Outlook
Using Outlook 2003, I've gone to Tools / Options / Other / Advanced Options and cleared the "When selecting text, automatically select entire word" box, but Outlook still selects entire words. Is there something I'm missing here? Also, is there some way to turn this "feature" off in Internet Explorer also? It's been irritating me for years. Andrew Bernhardt http://www.dtjsoft.com andyb@volcanomail.com <andyb@volcanomail.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2003, I've gone to Tools / Options / Other / Advanced > Options and cleared the "When sele...