ENTITY Stencil ReSize HELP PLEASE

Hello all, I am in the process of making an ER Diagram.  Now I realize that
the entity stencil is locked.  I tried unlocking it to resize it, but did
not work.  Anyone have a "CUSTOM" Entity Stencil that will resize using the
arrows at the corner of the stencil?  Or a CUSTOM Entity Stencil that looks
exactly like the Master one?  I have tried to create one, and realized too
soon that it was an impossible task for me.

THANKS ALOT
Karim

0
Karim
4/2/2004 6:45:37 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_536FBD91

Hi,

Though not advisable, you can still edit a stencil, with making modifications to the ShapeSheet for the shape.

Drag and drop an entity to the drawing. Select the shape on the drawing and then from the Window Menu > Select Show ShapeSheet

Under the Shape Transform section, remove the guard for the width and type in a value for the width, likewise type in a number for the height

Scroll down to the Protection section. Set LockWidth to 0 and LockHeight to 0

You can notice that you can now resize the entity on the drawing.

Thanks and regards,

Umesh V.G
Microsoft Visio Technical Support

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect and follow instructions today!

--------------------
From: "Karim Jessani" <kalusalu*!spam not*!@hotmail.com>
Subject: ENTITY Stencil ReSize HELP PLEASE
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:45:37 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.visio

Hello all, I am in the process of making an ER Diagram.  Now I realize that
the entity stencil is locked.  I tried unlocking it to resize it, but did
not work.  Anyone have a "CUSTOM" Entity Stencil that will resize using the
arrows at the corner of the stencil?  Or a CUSTOM Entity Stencil that looks
exactly like the Master one?  I have tried to create one, and realized too
soon that it was an impossible task for me.

THANKS ALOT
Karim

------=_NextPart_0001_536FBD91

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par Though not advisable, you can still edit a stencil, with making modifications to the ShapeSheet for the shape.
\par
\par Drag and drop an entity to the drawing. Select the shape on the drawing and then from the Window Menu > Select Show ShapeSheet
\par
\par Under the Shape Transform section, remove the guard for the width and type in a value for the width, likewise type in a number for the height
\par
\par Scroll down to the Protection section. Set LockWidth to 0 and LockHeight to 0
\par
\par You can notice that you can now resize the entity on the drawing.
\par
\par Thanks and regards,
\par
\par Umesh V.G
\par Microsoft Visio Technical Support
\par
\par
\par Go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect and follow instructions today!
\par
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "Karim Jessani" <kalusalu*!spam not*!@hotmail.com>
\par Subject: ENTITY Stencil ReSize HELP PLEASE
\par Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:45:37 -0500
\par Lines: 11
\par X-Priority: 3
\par X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
\par Message-ID: <eMk#6LOGEHA.3032@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.visio
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: 142.107.146.190
\par Path: cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
\par Xref: cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl microsoft.public.visio:7161
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.visio
\par
\par Hello all, I am in the process of making an ER Diagram.  Now I realize that
\par the entity stencil is locked.  I tried unlocking it to resize it, but did
\par not work.  Anyone have a "CUSTOM" Entity Stencil that will resize using the
\par arrows at the corner of the stencil?  Or a CUSTOM Entity Stencil that looks
\par exactly like the Master one?  I have tried to create one, and realized too
\par soon that it was an impossible task for me.
\par
\par THANKS ALOT
\par Karim
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_536FBD91--

0
vgumesh (41)

Help with repair workshop, IF statement, returning FALSE
Hi I am trying to set up a basic stock control for a repair workshop. However, I cannot figure out what is wrong with this formula: =IF(H10>=10 <=25,"Stock OK",IF(H10<=10,"Re-order!!", IF(H10=0,"? or no stock",IF(H10>25,"Stock Excellent!")))) The H Column refers to a cell that subtracts 'stock in' (column f) from 'stock out'(column g). The column is called stock balance. I get the following errors; I keep getting a 'FALSE' on a number that is between 10 and 24. i want it to return 're-order'. And the IF H1...

help
where do i get my user ID and password for my 90 day trial I would call MS at 800-456-0025. -- Charles Allen, MVP "jamieg" wrote: > where do i get my user ID and password for my 90 day trial ...

Need help troubleshooting an Entourage issue
Hi, I'm trying to help a non-technical friend of mine determine the root cause of an issue INVOLVING Entourage, but it's not the main application in the scenario. More than anything, I'm really just looking suggestions of things I haven't considered already. So, here goes: We're using 10.4.3 with Entourage 2004 11.2.1. The problem is with using Backup 3.0.1, the application included with .Mac to backup the Microsoft User Data folder from ~/Documents. I can backup the folder to CD/DVD without issue, but when I try to backup to my iDisk, Backup gives me a -54 error while tr...

Help
CRM1.2 running on SBS - has been fine but recently had to re-run Internet and email connection wizard and remote access wizrd in SBS. CRM is fine except now you can only log in if member of Administrators Group - noone else can log into CRM - though they can log on to other apps on this box fine. Certainly appreciate any advice on how to fix this. Roger Sorry everyone - please ignore. This problem was caused by having Sharepoint Services running at same time (phew!) Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u51Y2jssEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ...

Recurring appointment help
Can anyone tell me how I can schedule an appointment which occurs on the first Saturday of every month? TIA Ray Martin Ray, switch to your Calendar, then File > New > Appointment. Fill in the details, then click the Recurrence button on the toolbar (or select Recurrence from the Actions menu). Set up the recurrence thus: Monthly; the 1st Saturday of every 1 month. Set up the range of recurrence (if desired), then OK. Then Save and Close. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Ray Martin" <raymartin01@btopenwor...

company.local address mess
I need to sovle an email address configuration mess that is causing numerous undelivered/bounced emails from our corporate system. I believe the issue stems from having given the server the domain abccompany.local instead of abccompany.com. We own and deliver all our real-world email to abccompany.com, but some emails and all appointment invitations seem to be from email address 'name@abccompany.local', which obviously fails to deliver when it hits the real world. My setup is: >Small Business Server 2000 - (15 users) > server was named ABCServer.ABCcompany.local ...

Need help with SELECT statement (return MAX date).
I need to return the MAX date either of these 3 columns below. Thank you so you in advance. Below is the rules and desire results. IF OBJECT_ID('T1', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE T1 GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[T1] ( [LoanNum] [varchar](10) NOT NULL, [OfferPrice] [money] NULL, [MgrApprDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [DirApprDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [ExecApprDate] [datetime] NULL, [ExitStrategyMainCategoryID] [int] NULL, [ExitStrategySubCategory1ID] [int] NULL ) GO INSERT INTO dbo.T1([LoanNum],[OfferPrice],[MgrApprDate],[DirApprDate],[ExecApprDate],[...

If Then Conditional Help
I am fairly new at working with code. I am trying to write a statement that will open one report if a feild is true, and another if it is False. This is what I have so far Dim stDocName As String Dim strCriteria As String strCriteria = "[Event Name]='" & Me![Event Name] & "'" If ([Cash Calculations].[NewEvent] = Yes) Then DoCmd.OpenReport NewEvntCashCalc, acViewPreview, , strCriteria Else DoCmd.OpenReport PrevEvntCashCalcu, acPreview, , stCriteria End If When I try to run this code I get the Error Message ...

Help with formula #10
Is there a way to count how many days a specific number has been entered. Example: Column A Column B Part Number Date 12345 3-Oct-4 12345 3-Oct-4 99999 3-Oct-4 12345 7-Oct-4 99999 8-Oct-4 For part number 12345 answer would be from todays date to 7-Oct-4 I think you could use: =COUNTIF(A:A,"12345") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to count how many days a specific number >has been entered. Example: >Column A Column B >Part Number Date >12345 3-Oct-4 >12345 3-Oc...

Need help converting from Paradox to Access
I have files that end in .db, .px. y0? and x0?. The client requires me to import them into access. I do not own any copy of Paradox. When I try to open the .db file in Access I get the following message on several of the files. External table is not in expected format. Any suggestions as to what I can do? As a general rule you can't open dbase, or text files, or any other kind of document in ms-access. However...you can certainly as a general rule import data. Not sure what version of ms-access you are talking about..but if you create a blank mdb..you can then go: file->get ...

Linking...HELP (accidentally posted on Excel Programming)
I'm trying to change the source on a link. Every time I do it, however my system locks up. I actually have 4 workbooks that are linked up to one workbook. I hav to do the same thing three times, but the workbooks have to hav different names to them: ie: folder x -> worbookA WorkbookB workbookC workbookD BIGWORKBOOK new to use the exact information as above, but I have to have it in difference folder with difference names... folder y -> worbook1 Workbook2 workbook3 workbook4 SecondBIGWORKBOOK I've used the Edit-> Links-> change source (but that's where my syste loc...

Help displaying captured image and storing image links
I'm using EzVidCap activex which saves a webcam stream as a still image (.dib) using this code: Private Sub Command1_Click() ezVidCap1.SaveDIB "C:\Pic.dib" Image1.Picture = "C:\Pic.dib" End Sub What I would like to do is change/separate this into two command buttons: 1) cmdDisplayImage: Displays/transfers a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control in an image or OLE box (not sure which one is best) - preferably without having to save it to a file first. 2) cmdSaveImage: Saves the displayed image in a filename like: GuestID_FirstName_LastName_DateofPhoto.dib (or j...

Help needed with add-in code that tries to find the IDE 'Workspace' window.
I am trying to write a VC++ add-in that gathers all the function names that appear in the Workspace window (Class view tab). I have auto generated the add-in with help of the add-in wizard. I have posted my code here but this generates an assertion error in '...vc98\atl\include\atlbase.h' when run, not really surprising as I have stumbled my way through this code. I am finding it very difficult to find information on the subject - any replies containing book titles/code samples/add-in info, etc would be very useful. I have looked through the APPAUTO.H for the IGenericWindow interfa...

Help Needed
Hello I am using OL 02. I want to set up my OL in such a way that when i start my OL, it should prompt me to enter a password to open. I want to do this to keep my messages secure as there are multiple users at my PC Any ideas? Thanks in advance Rgds Rub Hi, Right Click on the Personal Folder and then click on Properties. Click on teh Advanced Button and then Click on the Change Password button. Dont enter anything in the old password and just enter the rest and then Click on OK. Close your Outlook and then restart it. It should prompt for the password for opening t...

Need help getting data from Word to Excel
I'm novice level with Word and Excel, so excuse what may be a basic question/problem that I've got. I asked an employee to enter lots of data into Excel. The data is company name, address, contact name, and phone number. I requested that each type of data be entered into different columns. Instead, the employee used MS Word 2003. To compound the issue, the employee did not use commas, tabs, or any other delimiter or formatting method that might allow me easily to get the data over into Excel (by *easily* I mean using a technique that I know ; ) The data in Word simply is s...

convert dynamic entity to core entity
Hello, I convert dynamic entites into core entities. If I do this in a console application the programm works fine. But integrated into a webservice the programm throws an error message: Object of type 'CrmSdk.Picklist' cannot be converted to type 'System.String'. It's exactly the same code. This is the line causing the error: PInfo.SetValue(BE, field.GetValue(p, null), null); PInfo is a PropertyInfo, BE is a BusinessEntity, filed is a PropertyInfo Do I have to consider something additional over the webservice? Thank you Martin Martin, Can you provide more informa...

Why do inline tables disappear when automaticallyshifting or resiz
Publisher 2003 Scenario: I have a parent table which contains a list of inline tables arranged vertically in one of its cells. Problem: Any time I perform an action that requires one of the inline tables to shift position (ex. adding text above/below it) or automatically resize (ex. adding text within it) the entire page layout disappears. I can cause the layout to reappear by selecting to view the Master Page (View->Master Page) then selecting to hide it. Thank you. Slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, ...

Windows resize small and stay stuck when moving from external monitor to laptop only
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have a window open in word on my external monitor, then unplug my laptop, when I open up my laptop again, the word window is shrunk to a 1/4 of the size and it can't be dragged/resized larger. I have to quit and restart word. How can I fix this? Click the little Display icaon at the top of your screen. Adjust the resolution smaller, then adjust it back to where you want it. Then it allows you to drag/resize. Marty Koenig CxO To Go TonyD@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 >Operating System: Mac ...

visio 2003 startup stencils
Is there a way in Visio 2003 to have some stencils automatically start when you start Visio (like in Visio 2000 you could put them in the startup folder). I don't see how to do that. Please advise, Charles. Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > File Paths and specify a folder under Startup. Put the templates you want loaded into this folder. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Charles" <none#none.com> wrote in message news:u03EoZtOFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > ...

Need help to filter data from multipule sheets to specific sheet
i have a data in sheet1, sheet2 and sheet3. Data in all sheets have unique id(number). I have to filter data with unique id in sheet3 if the same unique id exists in sheet1 or sheet2 the data of column B or C incorporated in sheet3 in specified column of the unique id row. Sorry friends my english is not good. Hi, If I didn't misunderstand you you want to compare the ID in sheet3 with the ID in sheet 2 or 1 and if it exist to bring the data from column B , if so use =sumproduct(--(a1=sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000),sheet2!$B$1:$B$1000) if this is not what you are looking for please ...

Need help with a relaying problem
I am having a very obscure relaying problem and I am looking for help. I will do my best to layout the scenario. Their current setup is a Windows Server 2003 AD with Exchange Server 2003 there is only one administrative group and there are SMTP connectors for primary and secondary connections to the internet. On these connectors all mail is rejected to the internet unless you belong to a distribution list called "Internet Users". I have 3 SMTP domain names being utilized in the Exchange Server environment. All of these scenarios below are users that are part of the "Inte...

Help with a window that pops up
Every time my email account checks for email a window pops up called "Outlook Send/Receive Progress". It must be removed to see the screen that I'm working on. I've checked the box that says, don't show this message but it keeps coming up. How do I stop this window from poping up all the time. ...

Outlook 2007 local help does not work
Hi, i also have another machine that does not load local help or online help. The error dialogue for the local help is: "the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." thanks Paddy ...

how to create this formula please
I need to create a formula do do the following, take an amount in a cell and add 50.00 then *1.175 and then *0.2 and display the total in a chosen cell. thankyou in advance. Rory. You've practically written it yourself. Suppose your amount is in cell A1, then your formula would b: =((A1+50)*1.175)*.2 Of course, it could be: =(A1+50)*(1.175*.2) But I think you should be able to get started. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Rory" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290D094B-5D88-4AD2-9D00-84E04EE776F3@micro...

Activity Entity
hi all On the phone call activity entity there is a field called subject which is locked and set to business required. CRM allows the updating of this field from business required to not required but does not allow the user to remove this field from the form. any ideas how i can make it invisible as this is not used in out business. thanks in advance regards ridhima that works. thanks heaps "Ridhima Sood" wrote: > hi all > > On the phone call activity entity there is a field called subject which is > locked and set to business required. CRM allows the updati...