Drawing Control in VB.NET

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C50450.C6200850

I don't know if this post should be here or in the .net languages forum =
but I'll start here. The problem is I am trying to use the ActiveX =
control in a vb.net program and I have a form that includes this control =
.. The problem is that when the form initializes it starts Visio duing =
the initialize component module when it hits=20
Public vsoApp As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Application.=20

How do I disable this because the user interface is the vb.net windows =
form. This program is being converted from VB6 and this does not happen =
in VB6.

Vic

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C50450.C6200850

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't know if this post should be =
here or in the=20
..net languages forum but I'll start here. The problem is I am trying to =
use the=20
ActiveX control in a vb.net program and I have a form that includes this =
control=20
.. The problem is that when the form initializes it starts Visio duing =
the=20
initialize component module&nbsp;when it hits </FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>Public vsoApp As New=20
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Application.</STRONG> </FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How do I disable this because the user =
interface=20
is&nbsp;the vb.net windows form. This program is being converted from =
VB6 and=20
this does not happen in VB6.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Vic</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C50450.C6200850--

0
vicNoSpam (15)
1/27/2005 5:15:41 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C504B5.67E527B0

I'm not sure whether the issue is that Visio launches or that you see =
Visio launch.  You can instantiate the InvisibleApp object in Visio =
rather than the Application object to launch Visio with showing any UI.

--=20
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.

  "Vic Spainhower" <vicNoSpam@perfected.com> wrote in message =
  I don't know if this post should be here or in the .net languages =
forum but I'll start here. The problem is I am trying to use the ActiveX =
control in a vb.net program and I have a form that includes this control =
.. The problem is that when the form initializes it starts Visio duing =
the initialize component module when it hits=20
  Public vsoApp As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Application.=20

  How do I disable this because the user interface is the vb.net windows =
form. This program is being converted from VB6 and this does not happen =
in VB6.

  Vic

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C504B5.67E527B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm not sure whether the issue is that =
Visio=20
launches or that you see Visio launch.&nbsp; You can instantiate the=20
InvisibleApp object in Visio rather than the Application object to =
launch Visio=20
with showing any UI.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Mark Nelson<BR>Microsoft Corporation</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =

rights.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Vic Spainhower" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:vicNoSpam@perfected.com">vicNoSpam@perfected.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:e83fiPJBFHA.1632@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl">news:e83fiPJBFHA.1632=
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't know if this post should be =
here or in=20
  the .net languages forum but I'll start here. The problem is I am =
trying to=20
  use the ActiveX control in a vb.net program and I have a form that =
includes=20
  this control . The problem is that when the form initializes it starts =
Visio=20
  duing the initialize component module&nbsp;when it hits </FONT>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>Public vsoApp As New=20
  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Application.</STRONG> </FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How do I disable this because the user =
interface=20
  is&nbsp;the vb.net windows form. This program is being converted from =
VB6 and=20
  this does not happen in VB6.</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Vic</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C504B5.67E527B0--

0
marknel (439)

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C50548.A2F53410

You should get the application from the control.

Public vsoApp as Visio.Applicatons

....start form, Visio AX loads...

vsoApp =3D VisAX.Drawing.Application

--=20

Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

[...]

<DIV><FONT size=3D2>You should get the application from the =
control.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Public vsoApp as Visio.Applicatons</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>...start form, Visio AX loads...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>vsoApp =3D VisAX.Drawing.Application</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Hope this helps,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chris Roth<BR>Visio MVP</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Vic Spainhower" &lt;<A=20
  =
[...]

visioguy8694 (102)
1/28/2005 1:49:57 PM
Thanks Mark and Chris for the answers!

Mark you were right on, I changed the public dimension statement as follows
and it no longer launches Visio.

Public vsoApp As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.InvisibleApp

Vic

"Vic Spainhower" <vicNoSpam@perfected.com> wrote in message
I don't know if this post should be here or in the .net languages forum but
I'll start here. The problem is I am trying to use the ActiveX control in a
vb.net program and I have a form that includes this control . The problem is
that when the form initializes it starts Visio duing the initialize
component module when it hits
Public vsoApp As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Application.
How do I disable this because the user interface is the vb.net windows form.
This program is being converted from VB6 and this does not happen in VB6.

Vic

0
vicNoSpam (15)

Controlling Views by Sales Rep
How can we define Accounts/contacts owned by a sales rep will be only viewable by him/her and the admins and not by others. On Sep 28, 9:47 pm, Walt <W...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can we define Accounts/contacts owned by a sales rep will be only > viewable by him/her and the admins and not by others. You may control this by assigning the permissions to a specific role, example "Marketing Person", "Sales Person" and assign user to this particular role. So, add the Sales Rep to the "Sales Person" role and edit Sales Person role to give ...

Control On Cell Input
Hi, how do I put a control on a cell so that only a "-" i.e. -8 can be entered or conversely a control so that only a positive number can be entered. Thanks so much. Laura11;670644 Wrote: > Hi, how do I put a control on a cell so that only a "-" i.e. -8 can be > entered or conversely a control so that only a positive number can be entered. > > Thanks so much. Data|Validation... Allow:Decimal (or WholeNumber) Data:'less than or equal to' Maximum:0 OK. for positive numbers, it should be obvious now. -- p45cal *p45cal...

Stock Control #2
Dear All, When I build a marquee you can have sizes from 10 x 10 to 90 x 3 sq/mts. I want to put say in cell A1 = 10 and then in A2 = 10 ( 10 x 10). Then B1 would be called Poles and B2 = the amount of poles required depending on what is in A1 and A2. I hope this makes sense, please contact me if unsure Vija -- vijayk1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vijayk13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1574 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27259 ...

datetimepicker control
HI, I added a date time picker control to my program (a very small program) and while I can set the date to todays date on initialization AND the user can select any day that they want. When it returns to the program the member variables I have assigned to the date time picker control do not seem to update. They are always set to todays date. I tried callling m_dtpControlVariable->UpdateData();, just before I assign a local variable to the control's assigned date time variable, but it does not change. It's always todays date!!! ie. //get selected date m_dtpQuitControl.Update...

question about MFC and .NET framework
Is the new .NET framework supposed to replace the old MFC? In Visual Studio.NET, can the windows GUI design in VC++ is as easy as C#? another question is what the word "framework" means? is it another kind of class library? if it is so, what's the difference? On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 00:15:33 -0800, Brandon wrote: >Is the new .NET framework supposed to replace the old >MFC? In Visual Studio.NET, can the windows GUI design in >VC++ is as easy as C#? ..Net is not really a framework. There's no support I've seen in .Net for developing an MDI application equ...

a new drawing not erase previous drawing?
visual studio c++ 6.0, mfc, graphics in my program a new drawing erases previous drawing. How to manage that all that is drawn stays alive on the window? And is not erased when the window is covered by another window, as well. And that the image does not flicker... Those last two have from time to time appeared in my attempts to solve the first problem. And that I didn't manage at all - make the first drawing, then the second, see them both at the same time on the window. I have tried the following and maybe more: Invalidate(false), InvalidateRect(false), override OnEraseBkgnd, ...

Active X Control in Outlook
I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he gets the following error. Your current security settings prohibit running Active X Control on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer. I tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but no go. Where is the setting to disable this restriction. The user has some images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error. Thanks. Sounds like a default signature to me. Tried recreating the (HTM...

how to draw a bitmap transparently?
Hi, I have an owner draw button associated with a bitmap. In the bitmap editor, I turn off the option "draw opaque" for the bitmap. That is, I make it transparent. However, the the bitmap's background color still shows up on the button. The bitmap has only a solid circle in the middle. What else do I have to do? Please help. Thanks. Tony One thing you can do--and this works only for some restricted cases, which you may or may not have--is to make the button background 192,192,192, and when you LoadImage, you specify LR_MAP3DCOLORS. It will change the 192,192,192 to...

owner draw CListBox, how to draw "no item found"
Hello, I have an owner draw listbox, in the DrawItem I draw the items. If the listbox doesn't contain any item I would like to display a message "no item found" but this is no item, so DrawItem is the wrong place. Where should I do this? OnPaint, OnEraseBkgnd? I thought I would be able to do something like this for a test (just paint the window blue) but it's always white BOOL CmyListbox::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { if (m_pItemList.GetCount() < 1) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); pDC->FillSolidRect(rc,RGB(0,0,255)); return TRU...

IE8 Render Problem with IIS6 .net 1.1
I have been trying to debug a strange IE8 problem and have figured out what is causing it but no solution. I have an application written using .net 1.1 running on IIS6. When a user views a page on it with IE7, Firefox, Chrome it render fine. SOME users when using IE8 go to it it has no widths on textboxes and pull downs and some fonts are very large system fonts. Other IE8 users are fine. Compatibility mode makes no difference on these pages. I used an IE8 version fine for 2 months then overnight it all changed. Here is what I found out. I have some clients hosting the ...

How to detect when a child control is about to be destroyed
Hi all. I have a CEdit-derived control that needs to know when it is about to be destroyed (for example, by closing the dialog box containing it). I tried by implementing DestroyWindow virtual function but without success Any suggestion Thank Jaime "Jaime Stuardo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CEF6B89-8927-4C67-8D15-BD541843F867@microsoft.com... > Hi all.. > > I have a CEdit-derived control that needs to know when it is about to be destroyed (for example, by closing the dialog box containing it). I tried by implementing DestroyWindow ...

Draw a horizontal line after the last record is printed on each pa
The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to accomodate text size changes. I would like to have a horizontal line drawn when last record finishes printing on the page and joins the end of the last vertical line to make a table. Please help. Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer There was at least one answer posted to your same question yesterday. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to > accomodate text size changes. I would like to ha...

Listbox to control listbox
I have a list box with all phone numbers in it. I would like to be able to filter the listbox phone numbers by category. In other programs, I have seen two listboxes side by side and one be clickable to filter the results of the other listbox. How can I accomplish this result? Any suggestions on this would be helpful. NDClark wrote: > In other programs, I have seen two listboxes side by side and one be > clickable to filter the results of the other listbox. How can I accomplish > this result? You need: 2 tables: one containing the categories and on...

Anyone want to draw roads?
Just thought that if anyone wants to do diagrams with roads or rivers as double lines then Jeff Lanam (this n/group) kindly provided me with this link to a free programme called OCAD. Its a tiny file, is EASY to use and the results can be exported as a .bmp into Publisher. www.ocad.com I asked on this newsgroup how to achieve this and many threads resulted, so thought I'd post the solution. Many thanks Jeff (see reply to your post) Chrissss........ Glad you solved your map problem. An interesting program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Installing VS.Net in CRM Server
I know this is not a good practice. But has anyone tried installing Visual Studio .Net 2003 in the CRM Server (CRM 1.2 installed in Win2003 server)? Are there any issues with this kind of installation? Sammy: We have done it for our development purposes. It does make debugging custom code a lot easier than attempting to attach to the process all the time. Sean "sammy" <sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB1DF599-7C25-41D9-A04A-DB5611DF15A1@microsoft.com... >I know this is not a good practice. But has anyone tried installing Visual > Studio .Net...

Displaying text on a controls
Hi, I want to display a text on a button control and static control from a my program. I tried doing SetButtonText() API , but it is not displaying it on a button control. Is their any API's to display a text on a" Button" and "Static" controls. Hi, Use SetWindowText(if the parent is a window) or SetDlgItemText(if the parent is dialog). Thanx, Ch.T.Gopi Kumar. "lucky" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to display a text on a button control and static control from a > my program. > I tried doing SetButtonText() API , but it is not displaying it o...

Drawing graphs on Modal dialogs
I've encounter a strange phenomenon: I have an MFC application that creates a child dialog using DoModal(). Within this child dialog I have a couple of buttons and a graph plot drawn within the area of a Cstatic using a third party API from GraphicsServer. This modal dialog has a minimize button, but when I minimize the dialog, the graph doesn't minimize with the dialog is always on top of the screen. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you think is is a GraphicsServer issue or a Microsoft issue? I've called Graphics Server and they say that they haven't countered my proble...

Need to create a VB script for Microsoft Outlook
Hi Folks, I am a newbie to VB scripting. I have this problem I need to solve in outlook. Often we have seen when people reply to emails, they say "please see my comments inline marked BlahBlah". Whenever people do such inline commenting, I would like the script to copy that info to the top of that email, along with a "link" to that embedded line. When the user click that line, the cursor show point the actual place where that comment was made. Pls let me know how can I implement in a VB script.. When the user right clicks the mouse at the end of of his embedde...

Commercial component: joystick driver controlled by user software
Hello, I'm look after a commercial joystick driver controlled by my application (determine the number of axis, determine the number of buttons, transmit axis values and button values). I thing, the virtual joystick driver possible is a combination of an joystick or game port minidriver and a opportunity to control this driver through IOControl or an ActiveX component etc. which I can order about my application. Why I look after such comonent is, about the defined DirectInput interface other applications should be able to get data from my application (process communication). I thinking, ...

Visible Control Help
I have made a Combo Box (ComboHelp) on my form that shows a Query (qryHelp) from a table (tblStableSettings) field (Help Yes/No) I have a Control (cmbHelp1ComName) that I am tring to make Visible/NoVisible with this code below am I any where near it Thanks for any help.....Bob Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If ComboHelp = True Then cmbHelp1ComName.Visible = True If ComboHelp = False Then cmbHelp1ComName.Visible = False End If End If End Sub Hi Bob, Is ComboHelp a bound control? If not, the values will be text Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an a...

Analysis on whether a buyout by AOL Time Warner would affect the value of Miley5.net for existing shareholders
If AOL Time Warner continues with a 15% stake at $2.80 an ordinary share, this will equate a $210,000 investment. Projected out to the rest of the Company, this valuates the Company at $1.4 million. The purchase would instantly mean a $0.30 return for every ordinary share held by stockholders as soon as the Company floats. On Nov 25, 2:45=A0pm, ny.negotiati...@gmail.com wrote: > If AOL Time Warner continues with a 15% stake at $2.80 an ordinary > share, this will equate a $210,000 investment. Projected out to the > rest of the Company, this valuates the Company at $1.4 million. The &...

Where did the drawing go?
Visio 2003 SP2 with all the latest patches. I have an extensive floor plan created in a file. I renamed the page by double-clicking on the tab and replacing the name with 'Current'. I then added a page and called it 'Proposed'. The program hour-glassed for a bit which I thought was curious and then hung. I could close the program and since I did some editing on the file, I saved it when prompted. The next time I opened the file, the design was not visible and the scale was literally off the charts (it says X = - 46 ft., Y = 89478492 ft. 6, and if I go into Page Setup a...

How to draw text always visible
Hi NG, I Have program which is drawing objects(PIPES)using the OPENGL. The labels for the for the PIPE is drawing using the GDI. The text colour for the labels is same that of the objects. The labels are usually positioned at out side of the pipe so that it will be visible always. But while rotating there are possibilities that the labels and objects coincide. I want to set the labels always visible with respect to the back ground colour. I used SetRop2() but it has no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated Best regards Raghuram.k ...

Owner draw main windows, will left some drawing on the background of the window, I want the reason and how to prevent this happen? 01-05-10
Hi, Everyone! Ownerdraw main window , I used SetWindowRgn to cut down the four corners, but there will left something drawing here when you drag the corners and borders to resized the window on the background of the main window. Only 3 corners of the four corners do this. I used HDC hWindowDC = GetWindowDC(); Draw the non client area on hWindowDC In class of WTL: class CMainFrame : public CFrameWindowImpl<CMainFrame>, public CUpdateUI<CMainFrame>, public CMessageFilter, public CIdleHandler Thanks a lot! Have a Happy New Year! begin 666 problem.JPG ...

How to Control the Scrolling of the ListCtrl by Clicking on the Buttons?
Hi all, I've got a problem of controlling listctrl. I dont wanna display the scrollbar, and I wanna scroll it through clicking the 2 buttons on the left and right side. I know that it does not work that sending message WM_VSCROLL/WM_HSCROLL when I set "No scroll" to TRUE. Any suggestion would be appreciated. -- Best Regards, Simon Scrolls the content of a list view control. BOOL Scroll( CSize size ); Parameters size A CSize object specifying the amount of horizontal and vertical scrolling, in pixels. The y member of size is divided by the height, ...