Drawing Backgrounds

I have attempted to put  built-in backgrounds into Visio 2003 drawings, and
they all have a "washed out" appearance.  Is there anyway to enhance the
colors?
Thank you
Marsh
0
Marsh (25)
2/29/2008 7:58:03 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:58:03 -0800, Marsh
<Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have attempted to put  built-in backgrounds into Visio 2003 drawings, and
>they all have a "washed out" appearance.  Is there anyway to enhance the
>colors?

That is the colours they are supposed to have, but you can edit them
to suit your owen preferences. You can either edit the background
shape once you've added it to your page or you can edit the master
shapes.
Or you can use any graphic image you like as a background.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

a new drawing not erase previous drawing?
visual studio c++ 6.0, mfc, graphics in my program a new drawing erases previous drawing. How to manage that all that is drawn stays alive on the window? And is not erased when the window is covered by another window, as well. And that the image does not flicker... Those last two have from time to time appeared in my attempts to solve the first problem. And that I didn't manage at all - make the first drawing, then the second, see them both at the same time on the window. I have tried the following and maybe more: Invalidate(false), InvalidateRect(false), override OnEraseBkgnd, ...

Move child dialog to background
I'm working on an MFC dialog based program in Visual Studio 2005 under Windows XP. From the main window I launch a child window. The I need the child window to go behind the parent when the parent gets focus. The way it is now, when the parent gets focus I can interact with it, but the child is still on top and needs to be moved to the side so I can see all of the parent. Here's how I'm creating the child: CDialog* gchild; void CWinGPIODlg::OnToolsShowOverview() { gchild = new CChildGPIODisplay; gchild->Create(CChildGPIODisplay::IDD,NULL); ...

how to draw a bitmap transparently?
Hi, I have an owner draw button associated with a bitmap. In the bitmap editor, I turn off the option "draw opaque" for the bitmap. That is, I make it transparent. However, the the bitmap's background color still shows up on the button. The bitmap has only a solid circle in the middle. What else do I have to do? Please help. Thanks. Tony One thing you can do--and this works only for some restricted cases, which you may or may not have--is to make the button background 192,192,192, and when you LoadImage, you specify LR_MAP3DCOLORS. It will change the 192,192,192 to...

owner draw CListBox, how to draw "no item found"
Hello, I have an owner draw listbox, in the DrawItem I draw the items. If the listbox doesn't contain any item I would like to display a message "no item found" but this is no item, so DrawItem is the wrong place. Where should I do this? OnPaint, OnEraseBkgnd? I thought I would be able to do something like this for a test (just paint the window blue) but it's always white BOOL CmyListbox::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { if (m_pItemList.GetCount() < 1) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); pDC->FillSolidRect(rc,RGB(0,0,255)); return TRU...

Draw a horizontal line after the last record is printed on each pa
The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to accomodate text size changes. I would like to have a horizontal line drawn when last record finishes printing on the page and joins the end of the last vertical line to make a table. Please help. Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer There was at least one answer posted to your same question yesterday. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to > accomodate text size changes. I would like to ha...

Anyone want to draw roads?
Just thought that if anyone wants to do diagrams with roads or rivers as double lines then Jeff Lanam (this n/group) kindly provided me with this link to a free programme called OCAD. Its a tiny file, is EASY to use and the results can be exported as a .bmp into Publisher. www.ocad.com I asked on this newsgroup how to achieve this and many threads resulted, so thought I'd post the solution. Many thanks Jeff (see reply to your post) Chrissss........ Glad you solved your map problem. An interesting program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Drawing graphs on Modal dialogs
I've encounter a strange phenomenon: I have an MFC application that creates a child dialog using DoModal(). Within this child dialog I have a couple of buttons and a graph plot drawn within the area of a Cstatic using a third party API from GraphicsServer. This modal dialog has a minimize button, but when I minimize the dialog, the graph doesn't minimize with the dialog is always on top of the screen. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you think is is a GraphicsServer issue or a Microsoft issue? I've called Graphics Server and they say that they haven't countered my proble...

Where did the drawing go?
Visio 2003 SP2 with all the latest patches. I have an extensive floor plan created in a file. I renamed the page by double-clicking on the tab and replacing the name with 'Current'. I then added a page and called it 'Proposed'. The program hour-glassed for a bit which I thought was curious and then hung. I could close the program and since I did some editing on the file, I saved it when prompted. The next time I opened the file, the design was not visible and the scale was literally off the charts (it says X = - 46 ft., Y = 89478492 ft. 6, and if I go into Page Setup a...

How to draw text always visible
Hi NG, I Have program which is drawing objects(PIPES)using the OPENGL. The labels for the for the PIPE is drawing using the GDI. The text colour for the labels is same that of the objects. The labels are usually positioned at out side of the pipe so that it will be visible always. But while rotating there are possibilities that the labels and objects coincide. I want to set the labels always visible with respect to the back ground colour. I used SetRop2() but it has no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated Best regards Raghuram.k ...

sharing imagelists with different backgrounds?
i have an imagelist with a couple of icon in it (all the icons my app needs) and i have the situation that i need icons from it in the tabs of a TabControl and in a TreeView at the same time. My problem is that the background is not the same for the controls but (so it seems) alway the same for my icons, that is, my icon has background=white in the Tabs when i enable my TreeView and when i disable it (now showing sys-dlg-color as background), they're also getting that (now correct) backgroundcolor in the tabs. this there a possibility to have _one_ imagelist with transparent background usa...

Owner draw main windows, will left some drawing on the background of the window, I want the reason and how to prevent this happen? 01-05-10
Hi, Everyone! Ownerdraw main window , I used SetWindowRgn to cut down the four corners, but there will left something drawing here when you drag the corners and borders to resized the window on the background of the main window. Only 3 corners of the four corners do this. I used HDC hWindowDC = GetWindowDC(); Draw the non client area on hWindowDC In class of WTL: class CMainFrame : public CFrameWindowImpl<CMainFrame>, public CUpdateUI<CMainFrame>, public CMessageFilter, public CIdleHandler Thanks a lot! Have a Happy New Year! begin 666 problem.JPG ...

background commands running in Excel?
I have created a new spreadsheet for some reporting that involves many charts that feed off one worksheet within the workbook. Every time that I open the workbook, the chart tab names are reset to "chart 1" "chart 2" etc. Also, even if I open the workbook and immediately close it, it asks if I want to save changes. The file is NOT linked to any external files. Is there any way that I can see the internal processes occuring that are changing these tab names and triggering the "save changes" command? Do you have an VBA code running in the workboo...

How to get cell background color
Hi All How to get cell background color by Formula ? just in A2 input formula to get A1 background color. Excel 2003 moonhkt Use the following UDF: Public Function BColor(r As Range) As Long BColor = r(1).Interior.ColorIndex End Function User Defined Functions (UDFs) are very easy to install and use: 1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window 2. ALT-I ALT-M opens a fresh module 3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window If you save the workbook, the UDF will be saved with it. To remove the UDF: 1. bring up the VBE window as above 2. clear the code out 3. close the VBE wi...

Paisley background
I am interested in using a paisley background for a Publisher project. It is not available in the background menu. Have any idea of where I should get it and download it into my project? Barb wrote: > I am interested in using a paisley background for a Publisher > project. It is not available in the background menu. Have any idea > of where I should get it and download it into my project? ================================ Try searching Google Images for Paisley: http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice...

Controlling drawings (a CM problem)
Can you save me the trouble? I'm looking for a cheap and easy tool to support the control of drawings (which in fact are currently Word documents) that describe hardware components and how they build up through sub-assemblies into assemblies and systems. It needs some version control at the drawing level, and a baselining function. I know we could do it with something like Dimensions, or maybe even ClearCase, but they're too big and expensive. If necessary. I'll write something myself in Access, but before I do, is there anything out there (freeware, shareware?) that migh...

How Draw a chart showing the following function: y=sin(x)
Can someone explain me how can i make this chart i excel? Remember i don't want use function to count! I want draw! Thanks for hel -- Pusie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PusieK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1621 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27630 For a variety of approaches adapt the ideas at Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm particularly the three sections: Enumerating a set of points in a worksheet Using...

How custam draw separator in custom draw menu
Good morning! I was obtain menu from handle and its submenu CMenu* mmenu = CMenu::FromHandle(m_hMyMenu); CMyMenu* submenu = (CMyMenu*)mmenu->GetSubMenu(1); ^^^^^^^^^ I was set that a item ID_FILE_NEW has flag MFT_OWNERDRAW MENUITEMINFO m_MenuItemInfo; m_MenuItemInfo.cbSize = sizeof (MENUITEMINFO); m_MenuItemInfo.fMask = MIIM_FTYPE; submenu->GetMenuItemInfo(ID_FILE_NEW,&m_MenuItemInfo); m_MenuItemInfo.fType |= MFT_OWNERDRAW; submenu->SetMenuItemInfo(ID_FILE_NEW,&m_MenuItemInfo); In function "void CMyMenu::DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct)" I w...

Form background grid size
Access 2007: On a form, in design mode, the background grid dot spacing is too large. How do I change it to a smaller dot pattern? On the form's property dialog, on the format tab, scroll down to Grid X and Grid Y and change them to smaller numbers. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "slindee" <slindee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:127AA98F-E9E1-46C1-9184-FDE2181FC636@microsoft.com... > Access 2007: On a form, in design mode, the background grid dot spacing is > too large. How do I change it to a sma...

drawing graph of function
How can I draw a graph of a function without first making a table? S can I make a graph by just giving the function -- wim rademaker ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wim rademakers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3013 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49831 wim rademakers wrote: > How can I draw a graph of a function without first making a table? So > can I make a graph by just giving the function? > > ------------ Make a table. Bill Hi, Hi are a few exam...

Print background
How can I make a background image print? -Stacy Stacy, You can't, if it is an image you added using Format | Sheet | Background. Those images don't print. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "stacyjhaskins" <stacyjhaskins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EE35A6-CB6E-4F04-9739-F3D4F867448A@microsoft.com How can I make a background image print? -Stacy ...

CTreeCtrl and custom draw
OK, so having given up on SetIndent() I'm having a look at custom draw ... The problem: Display a tree control with a long thing graphic for each item (say, 48 pixels wide, normal tree item height) plus text. I've read lots of articles on custom draw but nobody seems to do anything directly relevant. I seem to have discovered: (1) The only way to get the boxes and lines drawn for you (I have no reason to want to do these myself!) is to let CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT do its default drawing and tell it you want CDRF_NOTIFYPOSTPAINT and draw the item in CDDS_ITEMPOSTPAINT. (2) To avoid wasti...

Drawings
Is visio good/detailed enough to draw a floor plans of a corporation? If not what do you recommend On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:28:48 -0700, Visio beginner <Visiobeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is visio good/detailed enough to draw a floor plans of a corporation? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Bow tie for Visio http://www.visio-bowtie.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Drawing in a View
Hi, I have a view which show a map of a city centre in which I display some icons to represent certain places of interest. I need to be able to have some sort of rectangular box away from each icon which has information regarding each place of interest. I am thinking of something like a messagebox like below ------------------ | | | INFO | | | ------------------ | | | | | | | | ...

how can I call the default drawing in owner draw
I have a CTabCtrl and want to do owner draw on it. But I just want to owner draw a part of the CTabCtrl, i.e. I just want to remove the bottom border edge of CTabCtrl, and I want the other part of CTabCtrl untouched. But how can I write the code to let other part(tab, left/right border) draw themselves same as MS do? Can MS let us call the default drawing functions of CTabCtrl? ...

Tables and banding color in background
I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur. This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had success with this functionality? Thanks in advance for your help. Color banding can be applied as part of a table style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sharon27lily" <sharon27lily@di...