drawing a defined line

I am working with the trial version of visio 2007.  I am trying to have a
line drawen by defining it's length, and then the system will draw the line
to that length.  Earlier versions of visio allowed this, but I can not find
it in visio 2007.
0
De (11)
7/5/2007 11:32:02 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

View > Size & Position Window may be what you are looking for.

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio

"De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working with the trial version of visio 2007.  I am trying to have a
> line drawen by defining it's length, and then the system will draw the
> line
> to that length.  Earlier versions of visio allowed this, but I can not
> find
> it in visio 2007.

0
marknel (439)

modify series data by changing chart lines?
I would like to change series data in a spreadsheet that has been line charted by manipulating the chart lines or trend-lines. Is that possible in Excel? Thanks for any help. ...

How do you add or subtract the subject line from the inbox / sent.
If you sign on to outlook and are in your inbox, you get a list of emails with name: subject: and date. How do you add or subtract the subject line? I have a friend who does not have the subject line and we can not figure out how to add it. Click your right mouse button over the grey column headings in the Inbox where the Subject heading is missing, select Field Chooser from the menu that appears and a box will appear containing all the mail fields, scroll down until you see Subject and then click and hold your left mouse button on the Subject field and drag it to where you want it in ...

define outlook profile for hidden user (exchange 2003)
Hi, I am looking for a way to define outlook profile for user with the "Hide from Exchange address book" option turned on. In exchange 5.5 we did it by using LegacyExchangeDN (like /o=Organization/ou=SITE/cn=Recipients/cn=mailboxname), but it doesn't work in Exchange 2003. Also, what is GAL update interval in Exchange 2003 and how we can do GAL update manually (I see Rebuild option for Offline Address list, but it doesn't exist for GAL) Thanks, Igor Hi Igor, Unfortunatly you will need to temporarlly unhide the mailbox before settin-up this mailbox in Outlook then...

a new drawing not erase previous drawing?
visual studio c++ 6.0, mfc, graphics in my program a new drawing erases previous drawing. How to manage that all that is drawn stays alive on the window? And is not erased when the window is covered by another window, as well. And that the image does not flicker... Those last two have from time to time appeared in my attempts to solve the first problem. And that I didn't manage at all - make the first drawing, then the second, see them both at the same time on the window. I have tried the following and maybe more: Invalidate(false), InvalidateRect(false), override OnEraseBkgnd, ...

how to draw a bitmap transparently?
Hi, I have an owner draw button associated with a bitmap. In the bitmap editor, I turn off the option "draw opaque" for the bitmap. That is, I make it transparent. However, the the bitmap's background color still shows up on the button. The bitmap has only a solid circle in the middle. What else do I have to do? Please help. Thanks. Tony One thing you can do--and this works only for some restricted cases, which you may or may not have--is to make the button background 192,192,192, and when you LoadImage, you specify LR_MAP3DCOLORS. It will change the 192,192,192 to...

owner draw CListBox, how to draw "no item found"
Hello, I have an owner draw listbox, in the DrawItem I draw the items. If the listbox doesn't contain any item I would like to display a message "no item found" but this is no item, so DrawItem is the wrong place. Where should I do this? OnPaint, OnEraseBkgnd? I thought I would be able to do something like this for a test (just paint the window blue) but it's always white BOOL CmyListbox::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { if (m_pItemList.GetCount() < 1) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); pDC->FillSolidRect(rc,RGB(0,0,255)); return TRU...

Secondary Axis Grid lines
Is there a way to show grid lines for a secondary y-axis? They've added this is 2007, which has so far only added to the confusion. It makes no sense to have two sets of Y axis gridlines, so set up the chart with the gridline-requiring data on the primary axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Arun" <Arun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CBEB888-9705-4F56-94CA-84BCC6FD875C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to show grid lines for a second...

Deleting Blank lines with VBA
Help I have a macro that runs multiple formulas. However, when the formulas are finished I am left with about 64000 blank lines. I am unable to insert a row on the worksheets as I get a Run-Time Error 1004 (Try to locate the last Nonblank Cell using CTRL-END). Here is a same of some of the formulas I am running ( the macro is very large). ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaI", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C27" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaJ", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C28" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaK&qu...

Line chart: Dates in uneven intervalls on x-achsis #2
'Supplementary' questions: Is there a clever way to make excel recogniz that '3 months' stands for '0.25 years', and '6 months' stands for '0. years'? I know, this is only cosmetics. Nevertheless it would be interesting ;) Gil -- gdavid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gdavids's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27378 You could use a helper column that divides months by 12 to scale as years. Jer...

Draw a horizontal line after the last record is printed on each pa
The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to accomodate text size changes. I would like to have a horizontal line drawn when last record finishes printing on the page and joins the end of the last vertical line to make a table. Please help. Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer There was at least one answer posted to your same question yesterday. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to > accomodate text size changes. I would like to ha...

Anyone want to draw roads?
Just thought that if anyone wants to do diagrams with roads or rivers as double lines then Jeff Lanam (this n/group) kindly provided me with this link to a free programme called OCAD. Its a tiny file, is EASY to use and the results can be exported as a .bmp into Publisher. www.ocad.com I asked on this newsgroup how to achieve this and many threads resulted, so thought I'd post the solution. Many thanks Jeff (see reply to your post) Chrissss........ Glad you solved your map problem. An interesting program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Indicate intersection point on a two-line graph
Hi, I have a simple line graph with two lines (line A and line B). They intersect at a given point (the break even point). How do I indicate on the graph that this is the break even point. I know its very easy to do with an arrow and text box. However, I would like the arrow and text box to move to a new intersection as I change the numbers around. Thanks, Greg Andy Pope has an example on his site which should help: http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Greg" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a simple line graph with...

Drawing graphs on Modal dialogs
I've encounter a strange phenomenon: I have an MFC application that creates a child dialog using DoModal(). Within this child dialog I have a couple of buttons and a graph plot drawn within the area of a Cstatic using a third party API from GraphicsServer. This modal dialog has a minimize button, but when I minimize the dialog, the graph doesn't minimize with the dialog is always on top of the screen. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you think is is a GraphicsServer issue or a Microsoft issue? I've called Graphics Server and they say that they haven't countered my proble...

Where did the drawing go?
Visio 2003 SP2 with all the latest patches. I have an extensive floor plan created in a file. I renamed the page by double-clicking on the tab and replacing the name with 'Current'. I then added a page and called it 'Proposed'. The program hour-glassed for a bit which I thought was curious and then hung. I could close the program and since I did some editing on the file, I saved it when prompted. The next time I opened the file, the design was not visible and the scale was literally off the charts (it says X = - 46 ft., Y = 89478492 ft. 6, and if I go into Page Setup a...

double line format button only formats single line when added to .
When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format when using this button. It's a bug. There's a workaround in the following thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com AlwaysLearning wrote: > When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, > Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button > to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format wh...

How to draw text always visible
Hi NG, I Have program which is drawing objects(PIPES)using the OPENGL. The labels for the for the PIPE is drawing using the GDI. The text colour for the labels is same that of the objects. The labels are usually positioned at out side of the pipe so that it will be visible always. But while rotating there are possibilities that the labels and objects coincide. I want to set the labels always visible with respect to the back ground colour. I used SetRop2() but it has no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated Best regards Raghuram.k ...

Graph Line Width ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Have a chart with a line graph. Guess it's called a Scatter Graph. Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of thing. Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points "thinner". After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line. How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ? Thanks, Bob On Apr...

Compatibility Mode error w/ Defined Names
I can't quite figure why I'm getting this error. I have two workbook templates called 'Budgets' and 'Accounts'. 'Budgets' has worksheets: 'Lists' and 'Budget Template'. Accounts has WS: 'Lists' and 'Account Template' I have a macro in 'Accounts' WB that checks if 'Lists' in Budget WB is newer and if so, deletes 'Lists' and copies 'Lists' from the 'Budget' workbook. The hitch is that when I save the file after the copy I get the following: ------------------------ Compatibility ...

comment boxes and associated lines
I have a worksheet that I've enabled "track changes" on. It's a pretty large worksheet. It was fine at first. Now when I attempt to show the comments, the connecting lines take me way across the sheet, requiring me to scroll sideways to find the comment box, then the box is squashed and needs to be resized to be read. This sheet acquires quite a few comments in a day. I found a visual basic "fix" for this "feature" in the help on the web pages, but I have no background with VB so I'm not sure where to put this script. Is there somewhere I...

Owner draw main windows, will left some drawing on the background of the window, I want the reason and how to prevent this happen? 01-05-10
Hi, Everyone! Ownerdraw main window , I used SetWindowRgn to cut down the four corners, but there will left something drawing here when you drag the corners and borders to resized the window on the background of the main window. Only 3 corners of the four corners do this. I used HDC hWindowDC = GetWindowDC(); Draw the non client area on hWindowDC In class of WTL: class CMainFrame : public CFrameWindowImpl<CMainFrame>, public CUpdateUI<CMainFrame>, public CMessageFilter, public CIdleHandler Thanks a lot! Have a Happy New Year! begin 666 problem.JPG ...

Secondary value in a LINE Chart
I've been trying to create a dual value line chart without success. I'd specifically want to have data for both the primary and secondary value Y axises as LINES not DOTS. Is someone able to help me out with this or am I facing a bug? I'm using 2000 btw. Thanks! Create a line chart from your data Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK Lauri wrote: > I've been trying to create a dual value line chart without > success. I'd specifically want to have data for both the ...

2003 documents converted to 2007, lines drawn in are misaligned
I have 100s of documents converted over to 2007 and anywhere there were lines drawn in from the "shapes" menu - they are not lining up properly on the page when printed out. ...

One Register with Line Display Not Working
Hi all ~ I've got a problem with one register's line display. It's a Posiplex 7000. I've got two of them, one works and the other doesn't. I was able to get the line display to work last week, except for the minor problem with the line wrapping from above. Now the text is messed up - it looks like the Matrix code. Actually, it looks like the font like the Matrix code (from the movie) or like ascii. I tried restarting the pc, unplugging the display and I re-tried the driver from Posiflex. It looks like it's a problem within POS, because if I switch to another app...

Data which is over 65536 lines long
Can anyone help? I am trying to open a file using Microsoft Excel. However, when I try to open it, as it contains data which is more than 65536 lines long, it will not open properly showing all the data. Is there anyway to show all the data? Is there a way to format the spreadsheets beforehand so when you open the file, anything over 65536 lines will automatically continue onto the next sheet? I would be grateful if anyone can help. Thank you. Hi KI See this kb http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;120596 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "KI&q...

How can I define or set the tab order in a form using Publisher
I am trying to set the tab order so that users can quickly fill out a form using Publisher 2003 You can set tabs for each line, this article has a graphical explanation http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051150711033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JDP" <JDP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF076B3C-E100-4321-8EBD-5BAC65BB300C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set the tab order so that users can quickly fill out a form > using Publisher 2003 I am not trying to s...