download Word file into visio 2007

Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools 
plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but thought 
as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft 
programme. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

Thanks
Alan Speer
0
Speer (1)
8/5/2009 8:53:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

7 Replies
955 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the 
purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
al


"Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft.com...
> Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but 
> thought
> as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> programme.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Alan Speer 

0
edlund1 (616)
8/5/2009 9:15:49 PM
Al
I was hoping to incorporate this TEXT file into Visio and enable me to edit 
and scale pre-existing school floor plans that were originally drawn in WP5.1

Thanks

"AlEdlund" wrote:

> Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the 
> purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
> al
> 
> 
> "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft.com...
> > Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> > plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but 
> > thought
> > as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> > programme.
> >
> > Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alan Speer 
> 
0
AlanSpeer (2)
8/6/2009 6:38:02 AM
That's an interesting approach.  Generally, if the bulk of the document is 
text, with a few diagrams, then you'd import in the opposite direction, 
graphic content into text document.  That's easy enough to do. 

 Is there a problem with the WP graphics?  You could go into Word, copy the 
graphic, and paste into Visio (say, onto a background page), then re-draw in 
Visio.  Once re-drawn, throw away the background image.  This will give you a 
scalable drawing to put back into Word.  Seems like a lot of work.  

Or perhaps just save the WP graphic and convert to a raster format?

HTH
Wapperdude



"Alan Speer" wrote:

> Al
> I was hoping to incorporate this TEXT file into Visio and enable me to edit 
> and scale pre-existing school floor plans that were originally drawn in WP5.1
> 
> Thanks
> 
> "AlEdlund" wrote:
> 
> > Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the 
> > purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
> > al
> > 
> > 
> > "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft.com...
> > > Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> > > plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but 
> > > thought
> > > as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> > > programme.
> > >
> > > Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Alan Speer 
> > 
0
WapperDude (134)
8/14/2009 12:58:01 AM
Thanks,
Does seem alot of work but thought BOTH Microsoft products would be 
completely compatible. Have now obtained better plans in both .pdf and .dwg 
formats so will use a different software package like AutoCad or Solid Works 
to incorporate and edit plans. 

Thanks again.
Alan

"WapperDude" wrote:

> That's an interesting approach.  Generally, if the bulk of the document is 
> text, with a few diagrams, then you'd import in the opposite direction, 
> graphic content into text document.  That's easy enough to do. 
> 
>  Is there a problem with the WP graphics?  You could go into Word, copy the 
> graphic, and paste into Visio (say, onto a background page), then re-draw in 
> Visio.  Once re-drawn, throw away the background image.  This will give you a 
> scalable drawing to put back into Word.  Seems like a lot of work.  
> 
> Or perhaps just save the WP graphic and convert to a raster format?
> 
> HTH
> Wapperdude
> 
> 
> 
> "Alan Speer" wrote:
> 
> > Al
> > I was hoping to incorporate this TEXT file into Visio and enable me to edit 
> > and scale pre-existing school floor plans that were originally drawn in WP5.1
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > "AlEdlund" wrote:
> > 
> > > Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the 
> > > purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
> > > al
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft.com...
> > > > Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> > > > plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but 
> > > > thought
> > > > as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> > > > programme.
> > > >
> > > > Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks
> > > > Alan Speer 
> > > 
0
AlanSpeer (2)
8/14/2009 7:32:02 AM
Sounds like you have an efficient solution.  It's not so much an issue of 
compatibility with the MS products, but rather an issue with the format of 
the graphic imbedded in the Word document.

Wapperdude



"Alan Speer" wrote:

> Thanks,
> Does seem alot of work but thought BOTH Microsoft products would be 
> completely compatible. Have now obtained better plans in both .pdf and .dwg 
> formats so will use a different software package like AutoCad or Solid Works 
> to incorporate and edit plans. 
> 
> Thanks again.
> Alan
> 
> "WapperDude" wrote:
> 
> > That's an interesting approach.  Generally, if the bulk of the document is 
> > text, with a few diagrams, then you'd import in the opposite direction, 
> > graphic content into text document.  That's easy enough to do. 
> > 
> >  Is there a problem with the WP graphics?  You could go into Word, copy the 
> > graphic, and paste into Visio (say, onto a background page), then re-draw in 
> > Visio.  Once re-drawn, throw away the background image.  This will give you a 
> > scalable drawing to put back into Word.  Seems like a lot of work.  
> > 
> > Or perhaps just save the WP graphic and convert to a raster format?
> > 
> > HTH
> > Wapperdude
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Alan Speer" wrote:
> > 
> > > Al
> > > I was hoping to incorporate this TEXT file into Visio and enable me to edit 
> > > and scale pre-existing school floor plans that were originally drawn in WP5.1
> > > 
> > > Thanks
> > > 
> > > "AlEdlund" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the 
> > > > purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
> > > > al
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > > news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft.com...
> > > > > Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> > > > > plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but 
> > > > > thought
> > > > > as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> > > > > programme.
> > > > >
> > > > > Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks
> > > > > Alan Speer 
> > > > 
0
WapperDude (134)
8/14/2009 2:21:01 PM
"Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft.com...
> Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but 
> thought
> as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> programme.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Alan Speer


I am working on a conversion from MSO shapes to Visio drawings and I 
probably can not help you at this point, but I would be interested in seeing 
your Word document to see how the WP drawing is represented in Word. Could 
you send me a copy of the document to VisioMVP@magma.ca?

John... Visio MVP 

0
lancucki (505)
8/14/2009 5:33:11 PM
John --
It looks like he also has dxf version of the graphics.



"John... Visio MVP" wrote:

> "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft.com...
> > Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> > plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but 
> > thought
> > as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> > programme.
> >
> > Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alan Speer
> 
> 
> I am working on a conversion from MSO shapes to Visio drawings and I 
> probably can not help you at this point, but I would be interested in seeing 
> your Word document to see how the WP drawing is represented in Word. Could 
> you send me a copy of the document to VisioMVP@magma.ca?
> 
> John... Visio MVP 
> 
> 
0
WapperDude (134)
8/14/2009 7:09:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

can I import excel cells into word as labels
I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to import into Word as individual labels. can this be done? -- Trial and Error takes too long! Use Mail merge. :) http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into ...

Is there a way to recover a deleted file?
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background ..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup" all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is there a solution that I'm going to like? Regards, When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on your keyboard? If so then these files must...

Problem converting Money 2002 files to Money 2008
I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read. (Changing to Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money). Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and eventually crashes the program. The window says "Converting file..." with a progress bar that never even begins to fill. If it helps, here are the "Problem Details" after the program crashes: Problem details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MSMoney.EXE Appl...

central storage of .pst files ..
Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to store users .pst files , in such a way that which ever pc a user use on the network, their .pst is the same file & thus the emails are always there ? a way seems to me is anyway to deploy a customized package on all pc's that automatically maps that fileserver location for each users individually . input needed thanks On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:09:59 -1000, S t i n g r a y <sting@youbastard.com> wrote: > Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to > store users .pst ...

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

creating an changing a picute file in RW
Our payroll checks (GP10) were modified in report writer to add a picture file for the signature. We want to change the signature on these checks. This leaves me with a few questions: Any suggestions on how to best create the signature file for the new signature? Can I modify the modified report with the new picture file? Is this easy to do? Lastly, this is something I inherited. It seems to me that having the a signature image so readily available is a huge risk. Is there an easy way to lock this down and minimize this exposure? Thanks. -- Jim Hi Jim, ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

hyperlinks between word documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently upgraded to Word 2008 for Mac OSX. In previous versions (and on Word for Windows) I was able to easily create hyperlinks to specific locations in other Word documents. By simply pasting "as a hyperlink" Now when I do this, the hyperlink simply takes me to the top of the linked document - not specific location in the document that I would prefer to link to. Is there some way to do this without manually creating a bookmark in the document every times? ...

File/Send/Page by E-mail; File/Send/Link by E-mail links grayed ou
win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. When In IE8, I try to send a link via email I am not able to; as the menu options are grayed out. What is the solution to this with only WLM installed. "JoKing" <JoKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCD4C8C2-E373-488D-BE7C-30E00FE3F398@microsoft.com... > win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build > 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. > > When In IE...

new user login problem using existing Money file.
I moved my home computers to a Windows domain with domain-based logins. Previously, I accessed a Money 2003 file on the server from a machine-specific login. Now, when I open that file under my Domain login (and it does open fine, no permissions problems) I can't see my accounts, transactions, etc. (Thank God I didn't nuke that machine account!) When I return to the machine account, everything's still there. How can access the existing data from the new account login? Thanks in advance. Anybody even going to take a whack at this one?? Domain security and authentication is...

Can't open Outlook 2000 pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam how did you move it to the vista machine? is...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Cannot export Access 2007 reports to Excel 2007
I would really like to know whose bright idea it was to get rid of this feature in Access 2007. In Access 2002 and Access 2003, I created so many reports (Crosstab in particular with many many calculated fields that I could not do in the query) and have a macro export to excel with all the calculated fields and a parameter to pick the beginning date and the ending date from the reports that is THEN linked to another Excel spreadsheet that creates charts with automatic updates. Several of those spreadsheets have arrays that create charts when the data changes each month to more or less ...

Convert Contacts to MS Word
I believe Outlook Contacts to be the best software tool to manage these details. So here's my requirement. I want to copy all my contacts in the "business card" format (including the picture!!) into say MS word so it can be printed as a hard copy of the entire address book. I'd also like to do the same and convert each contact in "business card" format to static HTML so it can go on a web site. ...

How to open large HTML FILES IN EXCEL In quick Time
hi, i am using the following code to generate a xls file using the content type now when the user opnes the file at his pc it takes long time to open..if the no of records in file is large does the use of html tags has slow down the process of opening in excel... does speical care needs to be taken so that large html files open in excel quiclky..................... Please advise your feedback.... Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.Write("<basefont face=""Arial Narrow"" size = ""2"" color=""#00000...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Need keywords and index in Office help file. Online help no good
Online help can be annoying unless you know the exact words and phrase to type. If your searching for help and unsure what to type you end up with lots of useless suggestions. It was alot easier to determine what help may be usefull when a person could view and index and keywords based on what you were currently typing in the index box. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

Unhide a File
Recently I mispalced my flash drive. Today I got a new one and started to copy the files to the new flash drive from where I had backed them up on my hard drive. Instead of moving the one folder with all the files in it, I opened the file and did Edit - Select All. A message came up saying something about there were 2 hidden files that wouldn't transfer. Then I did a Tools - Folder Options - View - Show hidden files and folders - Apply and viewed the files that were hidden. They were Word docus that I had created and stored on the flash drive. I do not remember hiding these f...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

how do i construct a bar in microsoft word?
how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? > how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? Use Word to write a letter to a general contractor. Ask the contractor for a quote to build a tavern to your specifications. Be as specific as you can about the specs. ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Outlook 2000 to 2003: Using old pst file
I recently bought a new computer and have installed Office 2003. I think I must have started Outlook and created a personal data file before copying the pst file from my old version of Outlook (I think 2000) into the Outlook 2003 folder. In any event, I have two Personal Folders in Outlook 2003. Following instructions regarding using old pst files ("Reconnect your old Outlook data file" located at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx? AssetID=HA010771141033&CTT=98), I have tried renaming the old pst file by right-clicking its Personal Folder icon, going t...

to Brian Tillman re: outlook express transferring files
I have read a few responses from you regarding tranferring files from your old computer to your new one. I don't quite understand how to do this. I'd like to transfer my emails, contacts from old computer to new one. Please explain how to do this in detail step by step if possible. Thanks Mark ...

How to print page # 1 only in Outlook 2007?
We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista. How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message? How do we set Outlook to print first page first, instead of currently printing last page first? How do we page one particular page in a multiple page email massage? Thank you. First page last or first is a setting in your printer's options, not OL. In my HP printer, it's under Preferences, Layout, Front to Back. It might be different in yours. You can print only one page or a selection if it's in HTML format. Plain text is memo style--prints all or nothing. To print one page, e...