Disable Visio 2003 Pro Custom Toolbar

With Vision 2003 Pro SP1 (and original version), how can I disable the PDF
maker toolbar from Acrobat 6 Pro? I rarely use it, it always comes up, and
it's always in some weird place that messes up all the other toolbars.

I don't see a Startup directory, etc., like the MS Office suite uses.

0
onews (4)
7/29/2004 4:57:56 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_0F769391

Hi,

To resolve the issue, delete "pdfmvisio.vsl", it is an Adobe Acrobat add-on
for
Visio to display Acrobat toolbar and menu items.

Steps:
1. Search for "pdfmvisio.vsl"
2. Rename or move the file to some other locations.
3. Launch Visio 2003. You may get a error message, like "unable to load
Adobe
Acrobat add-on". Click OK to continue.
4. To avoid this error message, re-install Visio.

Thanks and regards,

Umesh V.G
Microsoft Visio Technical Support

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect and follow instructions today!

------=_NextPart_0001_0F769391

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par To resolve the issue, delete "pdfmvisio.vsl", it is an Adobe Acrobat add-on for
\par Visio to display Acrobat toolbar and menu items.
\par
\par Steps:
\par 1. Search for "pdfmvisio.vsl"
\par 2. Rename or move the file to some other locations.
\par 3. Launch Visio 2003. You may get a error message, like "unable to load Adobe
\par Acrobat add-on". Click OK to continue.
\par 4. To avoid this error message, re-install Visio.
\par
\par Thanks and regards,
\par
\par Umesh V.G
\par Microsoft Visio Technical Support
\par
\par
\par Go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect and follow instructions today!
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0F769391--

0
vgumesh (41)
8/5/2004 11:43:15 PM
Instead of reinstalling Visio, search for that file in the registry.
You fill find 3 or so components that refer to that object.  Remov
them and this should prevent you from having to reinstall anything.

-ives

Umesh V.G wrote:
> *Hi,
>
> To resolve the issue, delete "pdfmvisio.vsl", it is an Adobe Acroba
> add-on
> for
> Visio to display Acrobat toolbar and menu items.
>
> Steps:
> 1. Search for "pdfmvisio.vsl"
> 2. Rename or move the file to some other locations.
> 3. Launch Visio 2003. You may get a error message, like "unable t
> load
> Adobe
> Acrobat add-on". Click OK to continue.
> 4. To avoid this error message, re-install Visio.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Umesh V.G
> Microsoft Visio Technical Support
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n
> rights.
>
> Go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect and follow instructions today
> * :aaa :aa

-
ive

Correction to earlier post... please see the following:

http://www.mcse.ms/message909799.html

Notes:

Visio 2003, Resolution #1 works without re-installing Visio (modify
install of Acrobat components by removing Visio AddOn).

Earlier versions of Visio there is a startup folder where the .vsl file
is located.

-ives

--
ives

Excel 2003 Copy Paste Failure
Good afternoon. I have a user who uses excel quite a bit for their job. This has been going on for a while, and has just been brought to my attention. The user has reported that when they work in excel on workbooks that contain 30+ sheets in them. Some of them require the same formula on each of them. They have been able in the past to copy that, and then paste it to all of sheets. Now they only get about 6-10 pastes done after a copy before the program blows up. They lose the function to ctrl+c, and ctrl+v, and then have to manually go to copy, and paste each time the...

How Do I Copy Customized QAT from Desktop to Laptop?
I customized the quick access toolbar in Excel 2007 on my desktop (running Win XP), adding a number of buttons to it, and want to copy the settings to Excel 2007 on my laptop (Win 7). I located the Excel.qat file on my desktop and copied it both to [UserName]/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Excel and to ..../Microsoft/Office on the laptop. However, when I open Excel on the laptop, the default minimal quick access bar appears. How can I get the desktop qat into laptop Excel? Thank you, Terry Hi Terry Copy it here C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Excel.q...

Viewing Distribution List Memberships in OWA 2003
Is it possible (to view distribution list memberships in OWA 2003). If so, why can't I do it now? ...

Blind Distribution Lists in Outlook 2003
I am using Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I used to be able to set this up easily in Outlook 2000 using KB article Q266339. It should be easier in Outlook 2003. I continue to put my email address in the email address dialogue box then tab down to the "Display As." The name I placed in the "Full Name" box, let's say 'Committee," then appears in the "Display As" box. It is followed by my email address. After deleting the email address and saving the contact, up reopening and clicking on "New Message To Contact," it shows the name "C...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #5
I have XP Pro, Office 2003 Pro with Business Contact Manager. I am using MSN for dial up ISP but have other POP3 email accounts. 1-Can not get Outlook to send message out to mail server. SMTP. Error says it found the server, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. I sent the error to the mail admin and he checked all setting on the server and says there is not problem on his end. I have never had to set SSL settings and port settings for email. 2-Just started Outlook 2003 and received the following error: There was a probl...

+ OL 2003: Organize Using Colors Problem + #2
I use Outlook 2003 to retrieve mail from 3 different email accounts. I'm trying to assign a different color to each account so I can easily tell which account the mail is coming from. What I want is for the emails to be colored in this way: mail to jxd@yahoo.net = blue mail to john.doe@pmail.com = green mail to jd@earthlink.org = black I created rules to accomplish this. But, the problem is that if my name appears in the "To:" field instead of my email address, the mail is not colored correctly. That is, as long as the mail says "To: jxd@yahoo.com" it works, but if t...

Outlook 2003 send/receive error (0x80040900)
Hi, I have a laptop running XP-Pro SP-2, Office 2003 SP-2, BCM SP-2, all updated. When I launch Outlook, it synchronizes the folder lists and the modem lights indicate traffic. When I press the send/receive button, I immediately receive this error message: "Task "Pipe and Tanks-Receiving' reported error (0x80040900).'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.' " I have the Outlook Send/Receive Progress pinned. When I click on the "Cancel All&q...

Report-Custom
Hi all, Could anyone tells me how to active this HQ Manager-Reports-( CUSTOM ) <--- I am trying to add modified report to my existing reports. Look in the .../Headquarters/Reports directory make a copy of one of the files and rename it using this convention: Custom - My Report Name.qrp Note the spaces around the hyphen - they have to be there! Restart HQ Manager and the Custom menu will now be active and you will see a report listed under it. ..qrp files are just text files - you can customize them by editing them in notepad. You should always make sure you have a backup copy o...

Custom function returning VALUE error
Hi, I am trying to construct a simple function to calculate distance between 2 points on Carthesian plane. The function I wrote: Function FieldsXY(startx, starty, endx, endy) FieldsXY = Application.SQRT((endx - startx) ^ 2 + (endy - starty) ^ 2) End Function The only result I'm getting is #VALUE! error. I tried to declare all arguments as integer, didn't help. Help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm no expert in this :). regards, Alex -- alex.k ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alex.k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

Disable automatic receive
Before I installed Outlook 2007, I had things set up so that my email would not be downloaded unless I initiated the process, but outgoing emails would go as soon as I clicked on Send. Can the same thing be done in Outlook 2007? I tried going to Options/Mail Setup and checking "Send immediately" in the Send/Receive section, but that seems to cause mail to come in immediately, which I don't want. If I uncheck the box, outgoing mail sits in my outbox until I click on send/receive. TIA, Pic Ctrl+Alt+S then edit the send and receive group. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

Is IIS a prerequisite to install Exchange 2003 (or at least admin tools)
I downloaded the evaluation version and just started the install. I ran forestprep and domainprep. When I run Exchange setup, I cannot select typical under "action". It says "The Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools cannot be assigned the action "install" because : - The NNTP component of Microsoft IIS is either not installed or disabled - The SMTP component of Microsoft IIS is either not installed or disabled etc I selected a Custom install and selected None for the tools, but it didn't seem like Exchange installed at all....no errors, said it finished, but ...

Exporting From Visio to Sql Server
I have set up my database schema in my Visio Professional 2003. Is there a way to export the schema to my Sql Server? There is an Export function, but it doesn't seem to be for creating tables from the schema. Thanks, Tom. you have to be at visio enterpise level to export, not professional. Al "Thomas Scheiderich" <tfs@deltanet.com> wrote in message news:10lcead2rpijja4@corp.supernews.com... >I have set up my database schema in my Visio Professional 2003. > > Is there a way to export the schema to my Sql Server? > > There is an Export function, but it...

Exchange 2003 Cluster issue
We're testing Exchange 2003 for implementation later this year and have currently setup a test lab with the following: Windows 2003 Standard Server (Global Catologue) Compaq DL380 Cluster (2 node) - configured as member servers Windows 2003 Enterprise Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 The problem we have is that when we create a new user, it doesn't give the option to create a mailbox. Forestprep and Domainprep were both run on the Catologue Server to begin with. Never seen this before so suggestions are greatly appreciated. Jay In the last exciting episode, "Jay" <p...

F7 - Set Customer
I want to use FIND function to find customers by last or first name or other data that has been collected in Additional notes. When I click on F7 and then click on Find I then click on Find Now and customer names pop up. Finally, I either double click or choose the customer and click OK. But unfortunaty, it doesn't do anything. The screen simply goes back to the original Set Customer window without actually highliting the individual that I just selected. This seems like an error in the program. This same process is slightly different when using F2-Lookup. In Lookup, if I do F...

User based mail routing in Exchange 2003
Has anyone successfully set up user based e-mail routing on a single Exchange 2003 Enterprise server? I have some ideas, but so far this has eluded me. I have tried setting up multiple SMTP connectors, turning on restriction checking, and then applying access control lists to the connector. The connectors were initially set for equal cost and using the same Virtual server as a bridgehead. At first this appeared to work, but I have a requirment that one of the SMTP connectors must use a smart host while the other uses DNS to route mail, and as testing progressed all mail was trying to use the...

CRM4 problem with custom workflow activity
I have created a custom workflow activity (CWA) based on an example I found on the net - this has been compiled and installed and works fine. I then created another CWA and have revised it several times - reloading each time. However when I run a workflow which uses this second CWA, it goes into Waiting state and indicates an error has occurred. I have even resorted to having no parameters and nothing but the return statement in the code. Still with the same result. Is there something I've missed here? Should I just start again? Should I unload the CWA between updates? (I already ...

custom entity and email creating
Hello, I have created a custom entity. When creating an email activity for this entity, the Email address field isn't automatically added, as is the case in account, contact etc. also, when clicking the magnifier icon this entity doesn't appear in the "look for" field. Is there a way to do one or both of these things? Help would be most appreciated. If you create an email activity from within the account or contact entity, fields will be automatically populated vs. creating the email activity outside the entity and manually populating fields. "Chen Hirsh" wrote...

Messages stuck in "local queue" Exchange 2003
I've encountered somewhat strange issue with receiving messages in Exchange 2003. I can send messages fine to the internet through the SMTP connector, but incoming messages get stuck in "local queue" and stay there for a long time (anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour). This is both for incoming internet email and for local email. Did anyone ever experience this? The server was installed as Exchange 2003 Enterprise server into Exchange 5.5 site, and Exchange 5.5 mailboxes were moved to this box. It's running Native mode. Vadim Kaydanov ...

Visio 2003 Pro Customization Doesn't stick
Visio 2003 Pro SP1 (and prior to SP1). I customize the toolbar with Format Shape > Define Styles... and Format Shape > Style (the style selector). Lasts for the session, at least. Then, after exit all and restart Visio, even opening the same .vsd, tend to loose the customization and have to re-do it. Seems like a crap shoot, about 30% of the time the customization sticks, the other times it doesn't. These are custom pages, not from a built-in template, that is, File > New blank, then add shape stencils. There is a bug in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 that causes this problem in Visio. I...

outlook 2003 question
Hi All, I am using windows xp home sr3 with outlook 2003. I have several e-mail accounts one I use with outlook express the other I use with outlook 2003. Can I set up outlook with the two accounts and have them go into separate in boxes? Can this be done? Any help would be most appreciated. thanks, -- Regards, Gary Metzler send to: gmtravel@bellsouth.net http://www.outtasighttravel.com Msn messenger: gmetzler1150@hotmail.com Skype name: garymetz pop accounts? or? If pop accounts generally you create folders to sort mail on receipt / send, appropriately ...

Exporting Mail Between Outlook 2003 to Outlook Expresses & Visa Versa?
Exporting Mail Between Outlook 2003 to Outlook Expresses & Visa Versa? I'm a complete newbie to both Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express from using Eudora Pro for many yeas. My question is, how do I export all mail from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 and/or from Outlook 2003 into Outlook Express? Is it possible to do that? If so, can you PLEASE tell me in detail? Thanks very much. Matt _______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com <...

setup Microsoft Outlook 2003
I am trying to set up a new account to send/receive email. I thought I had it right but when I did a test and tried to send an email this is the error I received: Task 'Pat - Sending' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCCF4' Please help. It looks like this error is related to an HTTP type account. Are you trying to add a Hotmail or MSN account, and if so, do you have a paid account or are you trying to add a free one? You can't add the free ones to Outlook anymore... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will N...

Excel 2003 #9
Hi there I am unable to find the command "assign macro" to the command button when I use it in a spreadsheet. Is this only available in certain versions . Thank you for any help Terry There are two toolbars that contain buttons. The Forms toolbar has the button you wanted to use. You used a commandbutton from the Control toolbox toolbar. terry b wrote: > > Hi there I am unable to find the command "assign macro" to the command > button when I use it in a spreadsheet. > Is this only available in certain versions . > Thank you for any help > > Ter...

Custom Paper Sizes in Publisher 2003
Using Windows XP & Publisher 2003. I´ve added Custom Paper Sizes OK and they appear OK in Print Server Properties but they do not appear in Publisher or CorelDraw lists. I am using a newish Epson Stylus DX4800. Any thoughts? I convert to PDF setting the properties for the PDF to be a custom size and then print to my Epson PHOTO R2400 with no problem. "pastyman" <pastyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E3EF787-80DD-4004-BD01-B6E4CEF974D7@microsoft.com... > Using Windows XP & Publisher 2003. > I�ve added Custom Paper Sizes OK and they a...

Date range changes from 2003 to 2007
In several charts created in Excel 2003 I had a 12 month date range as the X axis, when opening these files in 2007 the X axis ranges have been changed to days instead of months, this has also happened when using the day format mm/dd ddd to represent a week such as 03/02 Sun through 03/09 Sun, when opened in 2007 it changes the format to 3/2 and just shows a single day. ...