Curve radius

I use Visio 2000 (SP2) and have Accident Reporting and Crime Scene
add-ins to create scale diagrams of traffic accident scenes. Is there
any way to automate curve length, chord and radius? Any tip that allows
the use of the "Size & Position" window would be most helpful, but any
tip at all will be appreciated!
I have used Visio since 2000 came out and am comfortable with it, i.e.,
I can use it to automate other shapes, but I dont see any where to
automate curves!!!
Thank you in advance!

0
pwpd406 (10)
4/16/2006 11:21:05 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It can be automated by creating some VBA code. Most highway and residential
curves are compound curves where the radius decreases as you enter and
increases as you leave the curve.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm

"L Scholes" <pwpd406@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I use Visio 2000 (SP2) and have Accident Reporting and Crime Scene
> add-ins to create scale diagrams of traffic accident scenes. Is there
> any way to automate curve length, chord and radius? Any tip that allows
> the use of the "Size & Position" window would be most helpful, but any
> tip at all will be appreciated!
> I have used Visio since 2000 came out and am comfortable with it, i.e.,
> I can use it to automate other shapes, but I dont see any where to
> automate curves!!!
> Thank you in advance!

0
lancucki (505)
4/16/2006 12:37:07 PM
I'm not sure how to code it. The curves I'm trying to recreate are
usually skidmarks which are not predictable. When I get my field
measurements I get a beginning point and an ending point of the arc and
plot them in Visio. In the field I measure between these points for a
Chord, then measure from the Chord to the apex of the arc giving me a
Middle Ordinate; these measurements are critical for my speed
evaluations. I would like to be able to use the Chord and Middle
Ordinate measurement to plot the mark in Visio. Any ideas?
Thank you in advance for your time.

0
pwpd406 (10)
4/16/2006 3:55:45 PM
If you upgrade to Visio 2003, you can create a series of straight lines and
use the Operation "Fit Curve" to create a line to match.

You mentioned that you had Visio 2000 SP2. That is currently the oldest
version of Visio that qualifies for an upgrade. The next version will be
ready at the end of the year and Visio 2000 may not qualify for that
upgrade. If you feel lucky, in the past there has been a grace period in
which you could upgrade to the current version and get a free upgrade to the
new version, but there is no guarantee that that will happen again.

> I'm not sure how to code it. The curves I'm trying to recreate are
> usually skidmarks which are not predictable. When I get my field
> measurements I get a beginning point and an ending point of the arc and
> plot them in Visio. In the field I measure between these points for a
> Chord, then measure from the Chord to the apex of the arc giving me a
> Middle Ordinate; these measurements are critical for my speed
> evaluations. I would like to be able to use the Chord and Middle
> Ordinate measurement to plot the mark in Visio. Any ideas?
> Thank you in advance for your time.

0
lancucki (505)
4/16/2006 8:09:15 PM
How do I get the upgrade? I have never heard of that one, but I sure
would like to do it!!!

0
pwpd406 (10)
4/17/2006 4:57:37 AM
The upgrade should be available in most retail stores that sell software, or
you may have to go to an online retail store.

> How do I get the upgrade? I have never heard of that one, but I sure
> would like to do it!!!

0
lancucki (505)

Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......Scatter Curve.
The variables are part of a scatter diagram, i.e. the variables plotted on X axis do not have any defined relationship with the Variables of Y axis...... Hi, I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve.. I have data poitnts...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable X) and on Y axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in Excel Sheet how should i proceed. Data points are : Issuers Defaulters Cum Issuers % ...

Curve radius
I use Visio 2000 (SP2) and have Accident Reporting and Crime Scene add-ins to create scale diagrams of traffic accident scenes. Is there any way to automate curve length, chord and radius? Any tip that allows the use of the "Size & Position" window would be most helpful, but any tip at all will be appreciated! I have used Visio since 2000 came out and am comfortable with it, i.e., I can use it to automate other shapes, but I dont see any where to automate curves!!! Thank you in advance! It can be automated by creating some VBA code. Most highway and residential curves are comp...

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...

calibration curve
I am setting up a chemistry calibration curve using data below OD reading Concentration ..020 0 ..045 10 ..245 40 etc Plotting in XY scatter chart and get trendline using polynomial function. How can I determine the concentration of an unkown solution ? I want to use trendline data to do this. Put the Conc data in column A and the OD data in B You can have headers ("Concentration", "OD" ) in row 1 Let's say the last row is 10 Select A1:B10, click the chart tool, select XY chart, use the first subtype (ma...

I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank!
I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank! ...

curve fitting a charging capacitor type curve
Hi all, Newbie to this forum, but need some excel help. I have collected a bunch of data from an object as it heats up. The curve is very similar to a capacitor charging current curve. In my case, manually trying to approximate this curve, I come up with a formula of y= (rise)*(1-exp(-time))+ambient. Is there a way in excel to fit a curve like this or do I need an aftermarket solution? I need something that will use the data points and perform calculations to determine the curve. Thanks, Sean -- mcgradys ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mcgradys&#...

looking for a template of bell curve graph
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "darrich" <darrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4465F7C1-22CB-4D4D-8344-6C5C0B33AC72@microsoft.com... > I have the percentages for a bell curve; I just want to plug in the percentages with a professional-looking bell curve model. I am a graduate student assisting a professor with his Power Point lectures and I am having a difficult time making a bell curve that would look professional. darric wrote: looking for a template of bell curv...

Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......
Hi, I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve.. I have data points...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable X) and on Y axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in Excel Sheet how should i proceed. Data points are : Issuers Defaulters Cum Issuers % Cum Defaulters % C 3 0 0.287907869 0 B 4 2 0.671785029 7.407407407 BB 35 5 4.030710173 25.92592593 BBB 242 15 27.25527831 81.48148148 A 293 4 55.37428023 96.2962963 AA...

Bell Curve Chart
I have 2 columns of data - see below. My boss wants me to create a bell curve chart, but if I use the chart wizard and select "Line" from the Standard Types tab then my chart has steep angles. I reviewed Article 213930 "How To Create A Bell Curve Chart" - 4 pages of complicated how to's and got hung up on the first page. Can anyone provide me with some easy to follow instructions? A-1 11 A-2 16 A-3 23 B-1 60 B-2 32 B-3 18 C-1 9 C-2 4 C-3 2 Try using an XY chart with smoothed lines. As for creating a Bell Curve Chart - those are the simples...

Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector???
Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector??? Any connector can be double arrow simply by selecting the arrowhead dialog box (it's a button on the toolbar). Just put in a curved connector (stencil Visio Extras > Connectors), and then change the arrowhead settings. >-----Original Message----- >Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector??? >. > Thank you for your help but I may have asked my question wrong. I am using the CURVED ARROW from stencil: BLOCK DIAGRAMS>BLOCKS. I would like to use a curved arrow like this but I need i...

how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve
how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve ) with VB , VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ? thanks in advance In article <3CDB610D-71E4-4593-A808-928EA4B5AE89@microsoft.com>, sunlite@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve ) with VB , > VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ? > > thanks in advance Program the solution to equation, then use your favorite plotting tool to plot it. D thanks David so much! Would y...

Visio normal curves
The Normal Curves in Viso 2003 Professional should actually look like they came from the normal distribution. They are the wrong shape! A normal distribution curve is not as pointed at the top. It is much more smooth. I would be embarassed to say this was a normal curve! Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Bell Curves #2
I am looking to graph a bell curve for a set of numbers. I did not find anything undertemplates ot one of the listed charts. If anyone has a template or can direct me to where I may find instruction on programing a bell cure i would appreciate it. "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FDD5300E-757F-4550-A172-5E711C86029C@microsoft.com... >I am looking to graph a bell curve for a set of numbers. I did not >find > anything undertemplates ot one of the listed charts. If anyone has a > template or can direct me to where I may find ...

drawing curves
I am trying to draw a curve following this Publisher Help: < On the Objects toolbar, click AutoShapes , point to Lines, and then click Curve . In the publication, click where you want to start the curve, and then continue to click wherever you want to add a curve. Do one of the following: To complete a shape, leaving it open, double-click. To complete the shape by closing it, click near its starting point. > I follow these instructions but I can't get it to work. I expected to get a curve which would have a centre point that I could drag into the curve shape I want. Where am ...

Curve Fitting to Data
Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a data series? Charlie - Bernard Liengme has an example on his web site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Charlie Webb wrote: > Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a > data series? ...

distribution curve (skewness)
Hi all, How can i draw a distribution curve (normal curve) which skew to th left or right?Thank -- hendr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hendra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3551 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56353 The normal distribution is not skewed. The gamma distribution is skewed, and Excel will calculate its probability density function. Jerry "hendra" wrote: > > Hi all, > > How can i draw a distribution curve (normal curve) whic...

Gradient of curve
How can I use Excel to find teh gradient at any point of a cumulativ frequency curve ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use LINEST to find the equation of best fit. Differentiate the equation and evaluate at the points of interest. Bernard "loz-quiches" <loz-quiches.xeg2b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:loz-quiches.xeg2b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > How can I use Excel to find teh gradient at any point of a cumulative > f...

Data from the curve of a chart
I have a basic chart fusing the following data 1:52 3.58 7:24 2.35 13:58 3.89 20:46 1.91 2:58 3.79 8:51 2.15 15:00 4.12 21:44 1.57 3:50 4.09 9:51 1.82 15:52 4.41 22:31 1.22 I put this in as a line chart then smooth the lines to give me a nice smooth chart. I was wondering if the Excel chart can then give me the x & y values of points on the curve in between the data values above. I used to have a casio programable calculator that had a trace function on it that could do exactly this where the cursor followed the curve and provided an x value with a corresponding y value - but it g...

Curved arrrows?
Hello, I'm creating a type of flow diagram in Publisher and would like to link TWO text boxes with a curved linear arrow (as opposed to a curved block arrow). I would then like to write text alongside the curved arrow, although I'm not sure whether this second part will be possible. Is there a way I can do any of this? Thanks for your suggestions, A Ok, sorry, I've now realised I can used the 'connectors' function in Autoshapes to create my curved arrows - but any suggestions about the text? Or will it be a case of inserting curved wordart text and fiddling...

Sigmoid Curve
Hi, Apologies if my question appears basic or I don't include relevant info! I've been asked to plot a sigmoid curve to plot the sales cycle of a product. I don't know if a sigmoid curve is alway a certain shape (like the product life cycle ) or if it depends on the data I enter? Either way, how would I go about plotting one in Excel 2003? I then need to plot several points along this curve - is this also doable? Thanks in advance, Claire This will tell you what a sigmoid curve is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmoid_function If you already have the data and you plot Sal...

can I make a bell curve from this data?
A colleague at work asked if I could put some simple Excel data into a bell curve. I don't know what I'm doing, math-wise, and I don't know if my data even lends itself to a bell curve. Here it is: We have 19 cars in our division. There are usually 3 cars that are driven a lot and 3 that don't get driven much, so we periodically rotate the highs and lows so that mileage somewhat evens out. So what I have is the annual mileage for each car. My colleague is hoping this will look great on a graph. Can this be put into a bell curve format? Or would some faux work-around make it l...

How do I create a bell curve?
I'd like to create a bell curve with certain values to be distributed over a certain period of time. How do I do this? Any help would be much appreciated. You may want the function NORMDIST. Look it up in Excel help. -- David Biddulph "A little stuck" <Alittlestuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB4606B-88BC-4389-B415-C89C5A8D1D0A@microsoft.com... > I'd like to create a bell curve with certain values to be distributed over > a > certain period of time. How do I do this? > > Any help would be much appreciated. A wrote on ...

how to fit a curve to
Hi there I need to draw a curve to best fit some point on a chart. is there an easy way to do this approach without going into deep programing ? thanks Have you looked at the Chart's Add Trendline facility? Right click the data on the chart and select Add trendline from the shortcut menu; on the dialog box pick the type of curve you need and specify if you want to see the equation. Come back with more questions, if needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "yosi_lb" <yosi_lb@bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:45c5...

bell curve
I'm trying to find instructions to do a bell curve on Excel and can't locate them. Does anyone have this? Melanie - Tushar Mehta has this on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com. Check the list of features on the left side of the screen. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Melanie Gallegos wrote: > I'm trying to find instructions to do a bell curve on > Excel and can't locate them. Does anyone have this? ...

how do i read directly off of a chart
i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec. any ideas? Mark - Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate' http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:...