Creating E-R Diagrams In Visio Based On ACCESS Database

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C48BB9.47434CA0

I need to generate an E-R diagram for an ACCESS database that I have =
setup. In ACCESS I have defined all of the table relationships using the =
relationships tool. Now I am looking for a way to import that =
relationships data into Visio to create a more formal and commented E-R =
diagram.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

--=20
Gary Novosel

Recursion (noun). See recursion.
------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C48BB9.47434CA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>I need to generate an E-R diagram for an ACCESS =
database=20
that I have setup. In ACCESS I have defined all of the table =
relationships using=20
the relationships tool. Now I am looking for a way to import that =
relationships=20
data into Visio to create a more formal and commented E-R =
diagram.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>Any ideas?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>Gary</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Gary Novosel</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Recursion (noun). See recursion.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C48BB9.47434CA0--

0
novosel-g (1)
8/27/2004 2:08:55 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

create a roster

e-mail alerts don't work,setup but don't work-
I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any answers?, Thanks Studmn1. Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any > answers?, Thanks Studmn1. More details and symptoms needed. For example, what version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman office student and teacher edition 2003 for outlook, the pop up notification window doesn't pop up or change my mouse to the little mail icon or transperency window "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsof...

Database Engine Tuning Advisor and autocomplete
Hello there, in the never ending quest for better GP performance, I am onto indexes. I am convinced that there are additional indexes that can improve GP in real life situations, but have been unable to find anyone listing indexes they have used. So my question is, has anyone used the tuning advisor in sql server 05 and implemented its reccomendations? Were there noticable effects on GP performance? While I can run a trace against production and the advisor against a dev environment, I am still wary of implementing the changes in production... On a side question, where are the actu...

Task Create - Status

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

ms ACCESS 97 error 2645
The error occurs at: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Function CalcRate(frm As Form) Dim Mydb As Database, Myset As Recordset, Cd As String, Intrp As String Dim IRR As Currency, IAHR As Currency, ITR As Currency, Strcriteriaint As String Set Mydb = CurrentDb Set Myset = Mydb.OpenRecordset("LangRate", DB_OPEN_DYNASET) >>>>> Cd = frm.Lang_C <<<<<<<<< The exact error is : Run-Time Error 2465 Application-defined or object-defined error See whether using Cd = frm!Lang_C is any better. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Outgoing e-mail
I get the following message on most of my outgoing emails; "that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" Yet I send it from another computer on the same network, also using outlook 2002 it works fine. Yes and that worked thanks >-----Original Message----- >Are you authenticating to your SMTP server? > >Tony Sadler wrote: >> I get the following message on most of my outgoing emails; >> "that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts >> (#5.7.1)" Yet I send it from another computer on the same >> network, also...

Exchange Database Recovery
Hello, We are a small business with one Exchange 2003 Server. The hard disk died on the server the other day and we couldn't boot. I put in a new disk and reloaded Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Thankfully, several of us were using Outlook 2003 with Cached Mode, so we simply backed our email up and reloaded it into the newly restored Exchange. However, one user with several years worth of critical email didn't have Cached Mode turned on for some reason, so I'm trying to restore his email. I was able to connect the damaged hard disk and copy the Exchange database fol...

tabls in GP90 database
Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. thanks Within the program itself, Tools > Resource Descriptions Also, there are ERD's on the distribution CD's that you got when you purchased or upgraded the system - you have to install the SDK to get at them. -- Lyle U Adam Clark wrote: > Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables > in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. > > thanks ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

How to create Access macro shortcut

How to access Excel forum through Outlook Express
How does one access the Microsoft Excel forum through Outlook Express. Tools>accounts>add>news, your name, email (most use a bogus email to protect from spammers), then in step 3 under servers use msnews.microsoft.com then finish when you close it will download the different newsgroups and there you can select the excel groups you want to subscribe to. Most people that I know who have used newsgroups for a long time dislike OE since it is (albeit easy to use) rather limited as a newsreader -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Kenny Dee" <Kenny...

Creating an ad book