creating an index for multiple pages within a visio document?

I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it.  Is there an automated
way to create an index from the name of each drawing?

Thanks
Carol in Roy WA
0
clemonwa (2)
5/12/2006 7:55:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There used to be an add-on "table of contents" but I have not it used in
years in earlier versions, but try searching for it.

"clemonwa" <clemonwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it.  Is there an
>automated
> way to create an index from the name of each drawing?
>
> Thanks
> Carol in Roy WA

0
ds-mail (25)
5/12/2006 11:42:43 PM
There is a sample VBA procedure for creating a table of contents on the "VBA
examples" webpage listed below.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm

"Doug.S" <ds-mail@comcast.net> wrote in message
> There used to be an add-on "table of contents" but I have not it used in
> years in earlier versions, but try searching for it.
>
> "clemonwa" <clemonwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it.  Is there an
>>automated
>> way to create an index from the name of each drawing?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Carol in Roy WA

0
lancucki (505)
5/13/2006 2:55:54 AM
Thanks John!
I went to the page you referred me to....and I cant figure it out.  I am not
a programmer and am new to visio.
Is there a step by step direction document for creating the index from my
visio document??
Carol

"John Marshall, MVP" wrote:

> There is a sample VBA procedure for creating a table of contents on the "VBA
> examples" webpage listed below.
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm
>
> "Doug.S" <ds-mail@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > There used to be an add-on "table of contents" but I have not it used in
> > years in earlier versions, but try searching for it.
> >
> > "clemonwa" <clemonwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it.  Is there an
> >>automated
> >> way to create an index from the name of each drawing?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Carol in Roy WA

0
clemonwa (2)

Automatic Appling AR documents
- I'm looking for a routine that can be scheduled to run through all unapplied payments and auto-apply them for all customers within a GP10 Company. Any/all assistance is appreciated. Thanks Jon Jon, I believe the Microsoft Professional Services team has a tool for sale that will do this. Your GP Partner should be able to help you with details and pricing on this. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "JColesby" <jcolesby@gmail.com>...

create a roster

How to stop "Undo" across multiple spreadsheets
When I am working between multiple separate worksheets, Undo will work backwards across all of the worsheets that I have open. How do I get the Undo function to work only on the worksheet that I am currently on? ...

Generating a document from Opportunity
Opportunities for us are the center of the sales cycle. What is the "best practices" solution to create a document that is launched from an Opportunity that pulls in the relevant data of the Company name and address, and stock and custom Opportunity fields? In a perfect world it would automatically post an activity in the Opp's history and attach the said merged document to that activity. Any thoughts or direction, much appreciated. Rich Scott Hi, Richard. I have the same question. I actually wonder what are the "best practices" for creating a document from a...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

VLookup in other document
Here is my problem. Please help I have two documents A and B. In document A I have a table existing of codes and descriptions Range A1: B100 Column A contains codes, Column B contains descriptions In document B I want to lookup the description for a given code. I have a cell C10 containing the code and a cell C11 containing a formula =VLOOKUP(A1;'K:\Douane\Regressie\[RTScenario.xls]FxP'!$A$1:$B200;2) Till so far it works !! But I use this formula many times in my excel sheet and in many Excel documents, so if Ithe lokation of document A changes, I have to change all the for...

Task Create - Status

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

How to accomplish mixed page orientation?
How can I have some pages with portrait and some pages with landscape orientation in the same visio file? Thanks, Keith Brickey Keith, In the File > Page Setup dialog, go to the "Page Size" tab and make sure that "Same as printer paper size" is not checked. When printing, you'll need to change the printer orientation to match the page that you want to print. This is only necessary if you're running a version of Visio older than Visio 2003. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keith Brickey...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Or, index, match statements
I have a workbook with 8 workheets. The first 7 worksheet are name Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun. These 7 contain the name my employees and whether they show up to work in text statement. They all look like these. Mon Worksheet A1 B1 Name Tom Jason not show up to work Susan not Show up to work Ryan Bill not Show up to work Notice that if any of my 5 employees show up to work, cell in column B is leaving blank Similarly for Tues A1 B1 Name Tom Jason not show up to work Susan not Show up to...

when form created

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Protection of document properties ..??
OK, not sure if this is possible but here goes ... I have created a master document in Excel, this will be used by hundreds of people, they will be changing the information within the document but what I need to do is protect the settings of the document e.g. the page setup, whilst still letting changes to the information contained within the document itself. Is there anyway of doing this ? Cheers. Password protect the entire document, then unprotect the user data areas ....? If users need to print off specific bits of it for their own use, create interdependant user pages including jus...

Multiple tables output to multiple sheets in single excel workbook
Hi all, Been a while since I've done any access dev, and I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. I have 3 tables I need to export to Excel, preferably in one workbook as separate sheets. Using OutputTo simply overwrite the file, and I seem to recall using transfertext to accomplish this, but it says the file is read-only after the first table is output. Do I need to create an export spec? If so, how do I go about this? Or is this simply not going to happen without using the Office library reference and all that jazz? TIA, SusanV Thanks Tom - I'll give it a ...