Create Visio Diagrams in Access

Hi

I have been tasked with designing, or at least outputting visio diagrams
form Access 2007, I believe there is a sample database somewhere with info
on how to do this.  Please can someone point me to it, or inform me if I am
going down the wrong track and let me know if this is just not feasible.
Basically I need to output Idef0 diagrams.

BTW, I have never worked with Visio before so I am on crash here

Also any help or pointers that you can provide to me will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cya

0
steve7619 (1)
2/20/2007 7:04:39 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can only retroengineer a mdb database through a ODBC datasource.
Just create a database diagramme, you will see a new database menu that
gives you that possibility.

"Ihar" <steve@pmadashconsulting.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
eRSMm1LVHHA.5100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> I have been tasked with designing, or at least outputting visio diagrams
> form Access 2007, I believe there is a sample database somewhere with info
> on how to do this.  Please can someone point me to it, or inform me if I
> am going down the wrong track and let me know if this is just not
> feasible. Basically I need to output Idef0 diagrams.
>
> BTW, I have never worked with Visio before so I am on crash here
>
> Also any help or pointers that you can provide to me will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cya

0
mich.laplane (167)

c10306a7 error when access public folders
While access public folders through Exchange Admin, I get the following error: _ The available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows and try again. ID no: c10306a7 Exchange system manager - This is a 2000 server standard running Exchange 2003 enterprise (upgraded from Exchange 2000) This error message was happening in Exchange 2000 as well, and I was hoping the upgrade would resolve the issue. This error message prevents me from access public folders and performing any maintenance. I am guessing this is more of a rights issue rather than a memeory issue. I have ...

Offine access to secondary mailboxes.
Is there any way to have offline access to secondary exchange mailboxes? I am opening my main mailbox plus 4 other exchange mailboxes. Offline for my main mailbox works just fine. However the secondary mailboxes do not work offline. Rick No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RickS asked: | Is there any way to have offline access to secondary | exc...

old email addresses replaced by new will not allow owa access
Hello all, We have changed our email format from first initial last@XXX.com with firstname.lastname@XXX.com I went to remove the old email address for my account. once I did that I was not able to access OWA. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. How do you log on to OWA? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Rollin West" <Rollin West@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF891802-5928-4E91-9F64-1AC93EB6E45A@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > We have changed our ema...

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

How to connect to remote server and access the tables
I am working on Vb.Net application. I have to connect to remote server(it's IP address)(this server is not on my network). This company has provide me username, companyname and password. Once, I get connected, I get the SessionID. Now, I need to download some of the tables from here. How do I do this. Pls note, this company has some web services. If I create a reference to it's web services, how do I access it's database(tables)? I appreciate your quick response and thanku in advance If you connect just to a web services then you need to know what they return to you when y...

Error generating the xml document when trying to access the web service
Hi There, I get this error when I try to access the web method..I can see that the objects are constructed properly before they are passed....All I am doing is this... ------------------------------------ I have these two classes in the client class as well as the web service.... public class ResponseChartImage { public int InstanceId; public int VariableId; public byte[] ImageByte; public ResponseChartImage(){} } public class RequestChartImage { public int InstanceId; public int VariableId; public RequestChartImage(){} } ------------------------------------------------...

Assign Doc # When Creating SOP Returns
It would be nice to assign the document number when creating SOP returns rather than the system trying to assign the next number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.msp...

Create an identical Chart Worksheet in Excel 2003
Hi: I used the F11 key to create a chart, which inserts just a chart as a new worksheet and gives it a default name, such as chart 2. My question is, can I create an identical chart as a new worksheet. This wouldn't be a copy, rather, a duplicate that is pulling information from the same location in the entire workbook. The reason I want to do this is because I currently have data for 12 different series, and each series has 7 values. What I would like to do is keep the same chart, but reduce the number of values per series from 7 to just 4. The easiest way seems to me to be to create ...

Running an Excel macro from Access problem
Hi I'm trying to run the following code in an Access function in order to run an Excel macro. The problem I have is that I wish to close the excel workbook but with changes saved. If I add in the line 'objExcel.Save' before the close command it throws errors saving do you want to replace 'resume.xla'. 'objExcel.Workbooks.Save' doesn't seem to work either. How can I get the workbook to close with changes saved? Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objExcel.Workbooks.Open ("C:\[file path and name here].xls") objExcel.Vis...

How do I apply a template I created to an existing publication?
I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved in a publisher format. I do not want to have to recreate the publication in the new format, just change it! "Publication Options" "Apply Template" brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and want to use. Help! Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse to the templates. They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hi...

Does anyone create sites without using tables for layout?
I know that a trend is to create websites that are pure css, and don't rely on tables for layout. Are asp.net devs taking that approach also? I checked a couple of major asp.net websites like newegg.com and they do seem to use tables for layout. Any info out there focused on table-less asp.net dev? Most of us try but I think our dirty little secret is most also cop out and start using tables here and there when their pages become increasingly complex. You'll note most of the "pure" CSS sites are often little more than what we call StackPanels in XAML using CS...

automate email from MS Access
I have email addresses in an Access table that i want to drop into a "to" field of a a new message - can i automate this? CAn i also do it for an email i have saved as draft or canned message? Hi Adam As long as you can display the address in a text box on a form there's no problems. Have a look at this post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/d027ec1c58326b5a/f4e7f6921bed3101?lnk=st&q=#f4e7f6921bed3101 -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Adam" wrote: > I have email addresses in an Access table that i want to drop in...

indicating alternate keys in Visio 2002
In my ERD diagram, I can indicate primary keys, foreign keys, and indexes. How in the world do I indicate an alternate key? I want it to show the AK# in the left column similiar to the PK and FK that are displayed. I have tried numerous things and cannot find the way to indicate that an attribute is an alternate key. The help index says that the AK will be shown, but I can't find any information on how to identify the attribute as being an alternate key. HELP!!! 1.Double-click the Entity shape 2. Click on Primary ID 3. Select the "Generate as" drop down menu It should show ...

set tab order in Access 2007
I can't figure out how to set the tab order for a form in Access 2007. I spent at least 20 minutes at the so-called online Access help and couldn't find this. It's easy to find for Access 2003, but not 2007. Indirectly related to this, F1 doesn't bring up help. Is there "help" associated with Access 2007? Thanks very much. Bob You have two ways of doing it in design view: 1) Right-click any object and select Tab Order 2) In the ribbon at the top, select Arrange. In the Control Layout section you'll see Snap to Grid and Tab Order I know 2007 takes a bit ...

Access 2007 development in Access 2010
For those of you with Technet subscriptions, Office 2010 Pro Plus retail (both x64 and x86 versions) are now available for download. Questions: All of my clients are obviously still Access 2007. If I install 2010, can I still package and deploy my 2007 apps as 2007 apps? Will Access 2010 Runtime be available immediately upon the release of Office 2010 in May? (Technet doesn't have it, and Microsoft/Download only has the beta.) Will Access 2010 have better ribbon development? I've been using IDBE Ribbon Creator because of the lack of ribbon tools in 2007. Th...

Create unique list from duplicates
The solution for this is probably a quite simple array formula wit COUNTIF, but I cannot seem to get it exactly right. All I want to d is take a list with many duplicates and list each duplicate once, in separate list, without modifying the first list. For example: Column 1 1 2 8 5 9 8 5 4 8 would generate: Column 2 1 2 8 5 9 4 Thanks in advance, Stephani -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Stephanie, What you are looking for, I believe, is Data > Filter > Advanced Filter. Select "Copy to another location" then click the "Unique records only&qu...

How to create an order with products using workflow
It appears that using Workflow we can create a new Order record, but there does not appear to be any way to add Products to that Order once it has been created. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi, This will require custom development. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Bevan Edwards" wrote: > It appears that using Workflow we can create a new Order record, but there > does not appear to be any way to add Prod...

Showing database properties in diagram
Hi people I have scanned the relevant groups and haven't seen an answer to my simple problem. Can I change which of the database properties are shown on the entity diagram? Specifically, can I configure it to display the 'notes property? I am trying to use Visio as an heuristic for building an Access database. I therefore want to start with entity diagrams with little detail and iteratively raise the detail and accuracy of the definitions. Some tables are fully defined and have 30+ columns. Having to show all these does not help my objective and does take up a lot of room. Con...

how to create a clustered, 100% stacked combination chart
I want to create a chart with 2 100% stacked columns to compare % of 2 different years. Hi, Maybe you can use the information here but using 100% stacked columns. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Keri in Vermont wrote: > I want to create a chart with 2 100% stacked columns to compare % of 2 > different years. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

visio blog
I've just started a blog that covers Visio topics at http://blogs.msdn.com/mailant, if anyone is interested. It will cover end user tips as well as developer topics. I will be riffing on things that that come up in the newsgroups, as well as other sources. I expect to post between one and three times a week, with at least one end user tip and one developer topic. The blog reflects my personal perspective on Visio, and has a forum for folks to post feedback on my posts. Thanks, Mai-lan Lead Program Manager, Visio Microsoft Corporation. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no w...

Using Access w/Word Merge (Access 2002)
I inserted a column in a data table for expiration date. While writing a merge letter where I wanted to insert that information I discovered it didn't show up in the Merge Fields. Should I have instead renamed an existing column (field) and moved it where I wanted it on the data table? I deleted all extraneous column/fields, so I don't have an empty field to utilize. Must I create a new database or is there a way to identify this new column as a data field? How are you getting the data into your merge document? Query from Word, Access query, VBA? Steve "Helen" w...

Chinese Character in Outlook Web Access
Why all chinese email read using OWA shows ???? but it is ok if I open it using Outlook. Please advise. Regards, Hello Gareth I believe I understand your question if not forgive me. Have you 1) Installed the Chinese language pack on the Exchange server running OWA? If so did you reboot the server that has OWA installed (this also in effect restarts the IISAdmin service) to set the changes? 2) Have you set language preferences in Internet Explorer on the client's computer by going to the "Tools" menu, clicking "Internet Options", and then clicking "Languages&...

Client for Calender access only
A customer has Exchange 2003 installed. They use automatic booking of resources (meeting rooms implemented as mailboxes). This works fine. A couple of users in the organization needs access (read only) for calender viewing. These users will not be allowed to use mail (Inbox). Is there a calendar client (like the old Schedule+) ? Or can this be done in Outlook, by denying permissions to the other folders in the users own Mailbox (Inbox, Contacts, Notes...) ? -- Sindre On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:49:02 -0800, Sindre <Sindre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A customer has Exchange 200...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep If you file has any indication of which data goes in which field you could just parse the CSV file and update the records one by...