connect Visio to DB

I'm trying to build troubleshooting guide with Visio 2007. The next
step would be to connect the Visio diagram to SQL DB. The thing is I
want to create such table in the DB, which will create a sort of State
Machine. Each item in the diagram that connected to other item has to
express it in the table:

For example:
problem1->question1->question2->solution1
                                                    |->solution2

How would I create such situation?

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Neat Lines in Visio
I am trying to create a UML diagram using visio 2003. On one of my diagrams I have an Actor (stick man) and a number of Use Cases (ovals). I have connected the Actor to the Use cases using straight lines. I want to change the lines to Right angle lines. When I do this the points at which the angles appear in the lines seems arbitrary and it looks very untidy. When I try to move the sections of line to make them neater the line seems to develop another joint and the whole thing looks a mess. Ive managed to get one of the drawing looking OK but it took me an age. Is there a quick w...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Saving a visio file
Hi, I have a Visio file with multiple pages in it. Is there a way that I can save this so that other users who do not have Visio installed can view this. I tried doing this by selecting 'Save As' and choosing 'Save As Types' of ..jig and .bmp, but they only save the current page. I'm looking to save the all files. Thanks in Advance, JeffH On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:52:37 -0500, "JeffH" <not@microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a Visio file with multiple pages in it. Is there a way that I can >save this so that other users who do not have Visi...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

No Internet connections in Network connections!!!
Hi im new to this forum and really need help. Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had not unp...

Microsoft Visio
Does Visio have the functionality to allow me to create a wizard that would ask some questions and then build a diagram based off of this? Visio is wide open to be controlled by most programming languages. So you have full control over Visio using your favourite language of choice. Visio does include VBA so that you can create your wizard within Visio. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm Visio Wishlist http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm "jjmunguia" <jjmunguia@discussions.mi...

Remotely connect to SBS 2003
I'm a little new here. Trying to remotely connect to a SBS2003 server. However, the ISP uses DHCP to assign addresses so every 2 days the external IP changes. How can I connect to the server without asking someone at the office to give me the new external IP all the time? I've already assigned a static IP to the server in the range of 192.168.1.XXX and allowed port 3389 to that address in the router. I can connect fine when I have the correct external IP. Thanks in advance! R. Hi Remi: Welcome..... You should have a static IP address, or a dynamic to static t...

Suitability of Visio/usability on a Mac
My wife works for a non-profit agency which among other things analyzes & attempts to streamline the way clients are steered to and apply for various government programs. They would like to create a flow chart to illustrate this process for one such program. Since clients can come to the program from various more or less interacting groups, the process is fairly complex (it is GOVERNMENT, after all ;-) Her organization is wondering if Visio might be appropriate for the creation of such a chart. They want something that will be fairly intuitive, not require any real outside trai...

Problem connecting socket
On one machine I am having problems making a socket connection. When I try to connect, I immediately get an FD_CONNECT notification response with a WSAENOTCONN error. Sometimes the connection works; most of the time it doesn't. I don't think I am doing anything fancy. The code has not changed and has been working for awhile. Suddenly this machine seems to have a problem. Below is the connection code without the notification code. Can someone think of something to look for? Thanks /*******************/ /* Create a socket */ /*******************/ m_hSocket = socket(PF_INET,...

Connections in Exchange 2003 server showing 2 connections.
My exchange server keeps giving me the following error in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing Engine/Service Event ID: 929 Date: 9/21/2004 Time: 1:15:24 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1940 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=IST external mail,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Gr...

How to connect Outlook To Aol for email?
How to connect Outlook To Aol for email? Thanks In article <0d5001c3bfee$53823630$a301280a@phx.gbl>, power4fl@bellsouth.net says... |How to connect Outlook To Aol for email? | |Thanks | You can't directly. I believe there is a third-party program that will do it for you. Try a google search. ...

no connection
When I try to 'send and recieve' I get a message "mail.bellsouth.netproperties not responding" I know some setting is messed up,but what & where? Thanks Has this account ever worked? Please post any error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "flhxcharlie" <flhxcharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDB240CE-E063-4C5C-A1D0-38E01B3A2D4C@microsoft.com... ...

Como definir objetos do VISIO ?
Estou precisando de definir obejtos que estarei usando em meu trabalho através da ferramenta Microsoft Visio, para não ter que refazer trabalho e definir de uma forma padrão todos os meus fluxogramas , e preciso de uma informação clara e objetiva de Vs. Senhoria. Desde já agradeço a atenção! ------=_NextPart_0001_41531187 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi ... If you can express your question about Visio in English, we will be better able to help you find answers! Thanks, Barb Way Product Support - Visio Microsoft C...

Connection Error Issues
I am working in SSRS 2005, and am building "ad hoc" reports with parameters in VS2005. Everything runs well with in VS 2005, I build and deploy the reports, with no issue, and they run fine in Report Manager. Then the report viewer is linked to a website that essentially lists the avaible reports. Here is the issue, the end user can access the webpage but when they click the link to the report it throws a connection error such as: "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'DataSet1'. (rsErrorExe...