Color question?

Hello Everyone,

I am using Visio 2000 SR1 and have had difficulties copying and pasting into
Word.

When I do Control/c and Control/v, I get lines and color drawn incorrectly.
I fixed this by doing Edit/Select All/Copy. That preserved all of the lines
and most of the color.

However, I have a title that is in grey which continues to appear black when
pasted into Word. This happens when pasted from the clipboard or as a
picture. It is odd because other things are coming out grey as they are
supposed to.

Does anyone know what I might try to retain the grey color in my title?

Thanks a lot,

Bob

0
ergobob
4/17/2005 12:34:31 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"ergobob" <ergobob@sonic[REMOVE].net> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am using Visio 2000 SR1 and have had difficulties copying and pasting
> into Word.
>
> When I do Control/c and Control/v, I get lines and color drawn
> incorrectly. I fixed this by doing Edit/Select All/Copy. That preserved
> all of the lines and most of the color.
>
> However, I have a title that is in grey which continues to appear black
> when pasted into Word. This happens when pasted from the clipboard or as a
> picture. It is odd because other things are coming out grey as they are
> supposed to.
>
> Does anyone know what I might try to retain the grey color in my title?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Bob

Hello Again,

I think I found a solution for accurate copy / paste to Word. I found that
if I hit Edit/Copy Drawing, everything worked. I have no idea why this would
be different from a simple ctrl/c ctrl/v but it is. I was able to capture
all the grey text and had no odd artifacts with the lines.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Bob

0
ergobob
4/17/2005 4:18:33 AM
When Copy Drawing works and ctrl/c, ctrl/v doesn't if often means you have a
background page with text or graphics on it.

> "ergobob" <ergobob@sonic[REMOVE].net> wrote in message
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I am using Visio 2000 SR1 and have had difficulties copying and pasting
>> into Word.
>>
>> When I do Control/c and Control/v, I get lines and color drawn
>> incorrectly. I fixed this by doing Edit/Select All/Copy. That preserved
>> all of the lines and most of the color.
>>
>> However, I have a title that is in grey which continues to appear black
>> when pasted into Word. This happens when pasted from the clipboard or as
>> a picture. It is odd because other things are coming out grey as they are
>> supposed to.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I might try to retain the grey color in my title?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> Bob
>
> Hello Again,
>
> I think I found a solution for accurate copy / paste to Word. I found that
> if I hit Edit/Copy Drawing, everything worked. I have no idea why this
> would be different from a simple ctrl/c ctrl/v but it is. I was able to
> capture all the grey text and had no odd artifacts with the lines.
>
> Does this make sense to anyone?
>
> Bob

MFC question, writing my own ComboBox like control
Hello I am new to MFC programming and I want to do the following: I want to create my own Combobox like control, however using a CEdit. class CMyEdit : public CEdit { CListBox m_lbHistory; .. .. .. } I override both OnCreate and Create() of CMyEdit in order to get notification when the control is created, afterwards I want to create the m_lbHistory control then hide it, then later show it when user presses DOWN. 1) Why aren't Oncreate() nor Create() being called? 2) What is the proper way to create the m_lbHistory control from CMyEdit ? 3) How can I handle the messages that will...

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

Importing questions
Hello all; Since I have NO idea where to start, I'll throw this out and maybe someone can assist. I have a HUGE list of people in an MW Word file layout like: first middle last address each name has a space between that items (as shown above). What I want to do is import these names into excell as separate fields. Currently I past into notepad, copy and paste into Word, add tabs between the items, then copy paste into Excel... it there an easier way? please?? lol.. I appreciate the assistance! Charles You could copy and paste directly into Excel. The data should go into a single colu...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

Excel Newbie-Simple Question Regarding Numbers Formats
Trying to enter positive numbers (no decimal places) into cells that start with the number zero.No luck. Tried "Help"...couldn't figure it out (after 30 minutes). Can somebody walk me through it? I'm using Excel 2000. TIA! The only way I know a number starting with zero (0) can be entered in cell without losing the 0 is to put an apostrophe before entering th number, e.g. '012345 and this will register in the cell as 012345. But then, technically this is not in a number format. This will be a text. BTW, how can a number starting with 0 not have a decimal place i...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

Licensing question #2
Hi, Exchange 2000, per seat licensing. I've deleted the AD account and mailbox a long time ago for a number of users, however, they are still using an Exchange license according to Licensing. Is this expected? Do I have to delete the license every time I delete a mailbox? Thanks, Peter On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:43:29 +0700, noemail@com.com wrote: >Hi, > >Exchange 2000, per seat licensing. I've deleted the AD account and >mailbox a long time ago for a number of users, however, they are still >using an Exchange license according to Licensing. > >Is this expec...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

exmerge question
I am moving my exchange server to a new server, I have planned on using exmerge to accomplish this. The question I have is, is there a utility that will move over the mailboxes, or do I have to manually create them on the new server? Chris- Don't know about moving the mailboxes, but I know that if you use exmerge to save the mailbox as a .PST file you'll lose single-instance-storage, which saves a lot of space. -S >-----Original Message----- >I am moving my exchange server to a new server, I have >planned on using exmerge to accomplish this. The question >I h...

color code
I have trying to do this, but to no avail. I want cells to change color like: more than 60 days before certain date - they're green 1 - 60 days - they're yellow 0 days and days after - they're red Format | Conditional Format | Cell Value is < A1-60 where the date to check against is in cell A1. Define your Format. Same for the other formats -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Shihachi" wrote: > I have trying to do this, but to no avail. > I want cells to change color like: > more than 60 days before certain date - they're green > 1 - ...

Another Combo Box Question
Hello all, HELP!! I am trying to create a form to input maintenance requests. There are 3 tables: stores (StoreID-PK), vendors (VendorID-PK, RequestID-FK), requests (RequestID-PK, StoreID-FK, VendorID-FK). Here are the problems: I am trying to use 2 combo boxes: 1. To choose the store (by StoreID) and show it's address, etc. in corresponding text boxes; and 2. Another combo box to choose the vendor (VendorID), and show it's address, etc. in corresponding text boxes. I can one or the other to work and correspond with the requests data. But I can't get BOTH to work. ...

Money for ppc question ?
I don't see how to record buy/sells of a stock.Only my checking account allows me to input data.I s there a way to configure this ? Thanks ...

Scalability and General Question for you guys
Hello. I have a strange request… I am not looking for any one answer in particular, but perhaps your opinion on how to deal with the following situation… and may be how your company dealt with the following: The company I work for has grown very rapidly, almost to quick. We went from about 350 employees to over 1500 in 3 years. During this growth there was a need by our business units to track or analyze data, and of course no budget to do so. So they went and created their own MS Access databases with no input from the IT department. They have now created over 100 business critic...

color tab on spreadsheet
hi I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it thanks for hel Benjamin Is only possible in Excel 2002 and 2003 Ben -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C7D4B9-F271-45AF-A618-66680BF33EDE@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it ? > thanks for help > Benjamin Only way is to get Office XP (excel 2002)...

Result changes cell color
Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? Basically, I want the following: If cell = 1 Fill cell with Red If cell = 2 Fill cell with Yellow If cell = 3 Fill cell with Green Thanks for any help. format>conditional format>easy from there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "GSBohn" <genie@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:uDoqd.47388$Oc.10064@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? > > Basically, I want the following: > > If cell = 1 Fill cell with ...

changing font color in multiple textboxes
Hello, I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 textboxes so going and changing each text box is quite annoying. Any help is appreciated. kahlan715 wrote: > I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of > multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need > all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 > textboxe...

address book question #3
Using Outlook 2003... Whenever I open the Outlook Address Book, a dialog pops up telling me that the contact list associated with the address book can't be opened. Problem is, there are clearly contacts listed in Outlook. It gets really wierd when I check the properties for the address boon under "Tools --> Email Accounts --> View or Change existing directories or address books." There's nothing listed in there, yet there's a contacts folder listed in the "Show names from" dropdown in the address book dialog. So... How do I delete the current, e...

printing in color paper
Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear black no matter which font color I choose. Does any one have tried to print non black font in non white paper? Thanks a lot for your help Neither Word nor your printer has any way of knowing what color paper you are putting into your printer. If you try to print (for instance) with red ink on green paper, of course it will look black! On Feb 1, 11:41=A0am, MVR <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear > black no m...

How do I change cell color in excel based on text input?
I want the cell format (meaning color of the cell) to change based upon the text entered. I have used up the conditioal formatting. It only allows three formats, and i require more. I am inquiring if this can be made into a formula for a cell to have the color change upon certain text phrases? Try this event code. Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set r = Range("A1:A20") If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If On Error GoTo Endit Application.EnableEvents = False vals = Array("Cat", "Dog", "Gopher&...

Colors in Outlook Today
Is there any way I can add additional styles to Outlook Today to give me more color schemes besides Summer and Winter? -Mike Not natively from Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Mike D. asked this group: | Is there any way I can add additional styles to Outlook Today to give | me more color schemes besides Summer and Winter? | | -Mike ...