cannot delete text field

I have a shape group with a sub shape that displays one of the parent
shapes custom properties via a custom formula field.  I inadvertently
added two of the fields so that now the data is displayed twice.  When
I right click on the extra field in the "Insert Field" dialog  there
is no drop down menu, just hitting the delete key does nothing.  In
the shape sheet when I select the corresponding row the delete option
on the drop down menu is grayed out?

How do I delete this field?

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hey Guy don't abuse of the fresh beer when working on Visio (Dont be angry
i'm jocking)

    If you want to delete the custom propertie you must open the custom
properties dialog box (Shape=>Custom properties-Visio 2003 or  Data=>Shape
data - Visio 2007 or with the context menu of the shape) and not the insert
field command.

    In the shapesheet, to have the delete menu not grayed you must select a
row and not only the custom properties section.

All the best.

"Robert H" <robert.hatcher@l-3com.com> a �crit dans le message de
>I have a shape group with a sub shape that displays one of the parent
> shapes custom properties via a custom formula field.  I inadvertently
> added two of the fields so that now the data is displayed twice.  When
> I right click on the extra field in the "Insert Field" dialog  there
> is no drop down menu, just hitting the delete key does nothing.  In
> the shape sheet when I select the corresponding row the delete option
> on the drop down menu is grayed out?
>
> How do I delete this field?

0
mich.laplane (167)

Cannot delete subreport

Strange negative indent in plain text messages
Recently my Outlook 2007 installation decided to indent the first line of any plain text message about half an inch to the left, resulting in the first 2 letters not being displayed as they happen to be outside the display area. That applies to editing mails as well as displaying mails in a separate window and in reading pane. Up to now I wasn't able to figure out how to reset that indent configuration. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. sounds like a style is messed up. if the 'outdent' can't be changed using the Decrease indent button (next to the alignment b...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

M2004
Hi All The length of the Pay To field in the check register seems to be about 32 characters maximum. Is there any way to lengthen it? Thanks Jonathan In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan wrote: > >The length of the Pay To field in the check register seems to be about 32 >characters maximum. Is there any way to lengthen it? No. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171421 ...

Rule for Deleted Items

Tabbing between text boxes and locking all else.
I have built a user form using Excel 2000, I used the "View - Toolbars - Control Tool Box - Text Box" to make areas where the user can enter data. I saved this as a template and when I try to move from one box to the next using the Tab key, nothing happens, cursur won't move to the next box. I have to use the mouse to click on the next box to make it work. I would also like to make the sheet so that when it is opened up, the only place you can type are in the text boxes. I tried protecting the sheet, but that doesn't seem to do what I am looking for. (Unless I am doing s...

Manipulating Pivot Table Data Fields
Hi all, Have a question regarding the Data Field in pivot tables. I have a number of rows that have repeating values. What I want in the Data Field (Sum) is a count of DISTINCT values in the column. ie: FR065817 \ FR065817 |----> counted as one FR065817 / FR066154 \___> counted as one FR066154 / FR066158 -----> counted as one FR066159 \___> counted as one FR066159 / However I need all the data in the table as I'm using other columns for different fields in the pivot table. Is there a way to do this? If I have to split the table somehow, I'm willing to do...

Unable To Read Certain fields in Linked Excel Sheet to Access
I am using Acc 2003, but Acc 2007 should work the same (I think). I have linked an excel spreadsheet into my Access database. Almost all of the fields are available and can be read. There are a few fields that I can see in Access, but its in Excel. These fields were using a VLookUp function in excel to get the value from another excel worksheet. Also the linked excel sheet has fields that I believe should be text (in Access), but its was set to be a number. I am unable to change this. Is there a way to resolve this issue for me ??? I also assume that if I was to rea...

Delete macros

Adding text content to Memo field
I have two memo fields, Memo1 and Memo2. Memo1 cannot be edited (its locked property is set to true). So I have the user enter text notes in Memo2, and then I have a command button that allows the user to add the contents of Memo2 to Memo1with the current date. My code is as follows: Me!Memo1 = vbCrLf & Format(Date, "mm/dd/yyyy") & vbCrLf & Me!Memo2 & vbCrLf & Me!Memo1 Now I am recieving an error message: "Could not update. Currently locked by another session on this machine". I belive I have about 72K characters in the Memo1 field and was wondering if ...

pie chart legend text
My pie chart has 10 data values (e.g. 10 sectors). The legend shows a little box with the color that coordinates with each sector and they are automatically numbered 1 thru 10. I have the data in a column and the respective text in an adjacent column. I want the legend text to come from the spreadsheet. Right now, I get numbers 1 thru 10 next to the little box and I cannot seem to change the text. Maybe I have the data set up wrong? Should it be something other than columns? Tnx in advance for any help Brian becoon@twcny.rr.com Brian - A little work up front saves trouble lat...

Check boxes to text 05-12-10
Is there any way that I can have check boxes automaticaly transfer their information to text? example: Check boxes = red, blue, green If you click the red and green check boxes, the title would be as bellow. Title on the page = Lable order for: red, green Thank you Again, what you ask is at present incomprehensible. If the link I posted earlier does not work for you then the alternative is a userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_User...

Category field
Outlook 2003 SP2 What's the use of the "Category" field ? I gave every contact a category but can not use this field in any useful way. Outlook help states that it can be used to sort and select contacts. But that's it. No nothing on how Categories can be used. Is there something wrong with my Outlook or is this one of the microsoft bells and whistles ? I am triyng to be polite here and trying hard not to start a rant. Always found the Outlook contacts a disaster, made for geeks by geeks. Pol. you can group or filter by category. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Au...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

original text spell checked
running exchange 2000\sp3 with outlook 2000\sp2 clients. Mail format set to html, use word to edit html and rich text messages is checked. along with the option to ignore original message text in reply or forward on the spelling tab. We are still having the original text spell checked even though our options are set to not do this. Am I missing something? thanks, ...

Update field w/ string based on due dates
Hi, I have a form that provides a listing of various instruments that are serviced on a monthly to annual basis, with general info about the instrument, last and next service dates, etc.. What I am trying to do is create an On Open event procedure that will identify all instruments that are listed with a string of either "Past Due" or "Schedule Vendor" based on whether each of their respective 'Due' dates have already transpired or not from the current month. The code I initially created for this was as follows: Private Sub Form_Open() Dim myDate, myDue myDa...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel?
how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel? Hi Daniel, If they are Excel dates they represent the days and fractional days past Dec 31, 1899 if using the 1900 date system. So if you just have dates they have no fractional components and you just subtract the earlier date from the later date for the number of days. So it doesn't really matter if it is Excel or VBA same method. A1: 1998-11-28 B1: 2005-07-11 C1: =B1-A1 format c1 as number: #,##0 otherwise you will see: 1906-08-13 in VBA something like either of these, n...

field validation
I need to restrict the user to enter the numbers in a field such that only numbers like these are accepted: 0 0.25 0.5 0.75 .... 4.5 4.75 5.00 (doesn't matter with the decimals but) the rule being that the number MOD 0.25 = 0 and a max of 10. Can this be entered directly into the "validation rule" property? Thanks / Jesper I would do it in the Before Update event of the field: Private Sub TheField_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.TheField > 10 Or ((Me.TheField *100) mod 25) <> 0 Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Not A Valid Value" ...