Can I still get Visio 2003 trial download?

My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild
about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues
with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.

Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able to
find it.

Thanks,
--
Scott
0

I'd suspect you'll have no luck in getting the 2003 trial version.

Michael

"ScottH" <ScottH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild
> about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues
> with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.
>
> Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able
> find it.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Scott

0
win_drift (16)
6/19/2008 10:23:59 PM

"ScottH" wrote:

> My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild
> about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues
> with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.
>
> Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able to
> find it.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Scott
0
KatyaOHIO (2)
6/28/2008 12:54:00 PM
ScottH:
I'm with you. My company has not yet upgraded to Office 07, my home pc is on
Office 03, and I need to show why Visio is a good buy for several business
purposes. If 07 version is incompatible in any way, what good will it do?
Microsoft needs to be supportive of its customers who use any version of its
software, not force them into making a decision to install software they are
concerned could bollix up their pc's OS. So, instead of making my life
easier, MicroSoft is just adding anxiety and uncertainty to my pc experience
(and preventing a sale) by not providing the means for me to download the
software I want to try.  Not a smart Marketing or PR move in my book.

"ScottH" wrote:

> My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild
> about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues
> with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.
>
> Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able to
> find it.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Scott
0
KatyaOHIO (2)
6/28/2008 1:07:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_318BC161

I can understand the desire to demonstrate Visio 2003, but I can confirm
that you are able to use Visio 2007 with Office 2003 to demonstrate
integration.  It is a supported installation and should work just fine.
The binary file format has not changed, and all of the Visio 2003 features
work correctly in 2007.  You can ignore the newer 2007 features (mostly
found on the Data menu).

What templates / solutions would generally be involved in your
demonstrations?

One note on installing mixed versions - it's best to install and patch in
version order.  So I would suggest installing Office 2003 and getting it
patched to your desired level first, then install the Visio 2007 trial and
demo.  This is our best practice suggestion, to ensure that newer updates
are loaded last.

Hope that helps!

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
[This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]
--------------------

"ScottH" wrote:

> My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not
wild
> about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts &
issues
> with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.
>
> Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able
> find it.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Scott

------=_NextPart_0001_318BC161

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 I can understand the desire to demonstrate Visio 2003, but I can confirm that you are able to use Visio 2007 with Office 2003 to demonstrate integration.  It is a supported installation and should work just fine.  The binary file format has not changed, and all of the Visio 2003 features work correctly in 2007.  You can ignore the newer 2007 features (mostly found on the Data menu).
\par
\par What templates / solutions would generally be involved in your demonstrations?
\par
\par One note on installing mixed versions - it's best to install and patch in version order.  So I would suggest installing Office 2003 and getting it patched to your desired level first, then install the Visio 2007 trial and demo.  This is our best practice suggestion, to ensure that newer updates are loaded last.
\par
\par Hope that helps!
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par [This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.]
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Can I still get Visio 2003 trial download?
\par
\par
\par ScottH:
\par I'm with you. My company has not yet upgraded to Office 07, my home pc is on
\par Office 03, and I need to show why Visio is a good buy for several business
\par purposes. If 07 version is incompatible in any way, what good will it do?
\par Microsoft needs to be supportive of its customers who use any version of its
\par software, not force them into making a decision to install software they are
\par concerned could bollix up their pc's OS. So, instead of making my life
\par easier, MicroSoft is just adding anxiety and uncertainty to my pc experience
\par (and preventing a sale) by not providing the means for me to download the
\par software I want to try.  Not a smart Marketing or PR move in my book.
\par
\par "ScottH" wrote:
\par
\par > My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild
\par > about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues
\par > with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.
\par >
\par > Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able to
\par > find it.
\par >
\par > Thanks,
\par > --
\par > Scott
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_318BC161--

0
barbway (115)
7/1/2008 10:04:00 PM
Use the Visio 2007 templates, which work fine with Visio 2003 database, as it is backward compatible.
Exercise more control over your charts and graphs with
Visio and discover how to create exciting marketing templates.
http://visiotoolbox.com/downloads/Templates

Scott wrote:

Can I still get Visio 2003 trial download?
19-Jun-08

My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild
about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues
with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.

Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able to
find it.

Thanks,
--
Scott

On Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:33 PM
Scott wrote:

Can I still get Visio 2003 trial download?
My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild
about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues
with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.

Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able to
find it.

Thanks,
--
Scott

On Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:23 PM
Michael B wrote:

I'd suspect you'll have no luck in getting the 2003 trial version.
I'd suspect you will have no luck in getting the 2003 trial version.

Michael

On Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:54 AM
KatyaOHI wrote:

RE: Can I still get Visio 2003 trial download?
"ScottH" wrote:

On Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:07 AM
KatyaOHI wrote:

RE: Can I still get Visio 2003 trial download?
ScottH:
I'm with you. My company has not yet upgraded to Office 07, my home pc is on
Office 03, and I need to show why Visio is a good buy for several business
purposes. If 07 version is incompatible in any way, what good will it do?
Microsoft needs to be supportive of its customers who use any version of its
software, not force them into making a decision to install software they are
concerned could bollix up their pc's OS. So, instead of making my life
easier, MicroSoft is just adding anxiety and uncertainty to my pc experience
(and preventing a sale) by not providing the means for me to download the
software I want to try.  Not a smart Marketing or PR move in my book.

"ScottH" wrote:

On Tuesday, July 01, 2008 6:04 PM
barbwa wrote:

[...]

"ScottH" wrote:

wild
issues

\par "ScottH" wrote:
\par
\par > My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild
\par > about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues
\par > with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve.
\par >
\par > Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able to
\par > find it.
\par >
\par > Thanks,
\par > --
\par > Scott
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_318BC161--

Putting Twitter Realtime Search to Work
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6100d85b-2f27-472d-af24-c9960b55b669/putting-twitter-realtime.aspx
0
Betty

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Setup.exe return the error 'not a valid WIN32 file'. (Can not install) What gives???? ...

Bulk attachments

Selection button not in Outlook 2003
I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, (just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button in the FILE/PRINT/ menu Please help? It only works on HTML formatted messages. On 21 Apr 2004 21:11, =?Utf-8?B?SG93ZWV5?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, >(just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button >in the FILE/PRINT/ menu.Please help? > -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Can't delete email #2

CListCtrl
Hi, Does anybody know an easy of removing the black vertical tracking line that appears while resizing columns? I've been trying to prevent it through HDN_ENDTRACK / HDN_TRACK, but I wasn't successfull. Is there a specific flag that I can set to disable it instead? Thanks in advance for your time, Best regards, -Onur I can't imagine why you'd want to do that, but here's my suggestion: Override the CListrCtrl and CHeaderCtrl class, and have your listview control use your derived header control. In the header control class, handle the WM_SETCURSOR message and load a d...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

Money Plus Trial and Spending Tracker
I have been running the trial version of Plus for about a week now (upgraded from 2006). Initialy I experienced very sloooowwww performance as my Home page was compiled and displayed. CPU usage ran at 100%. After trouble-shooting I discovered that the spreading tracker feature and Spending Insights slow my system and run my CPU usage to 100%. When I removed the spending tracker graph from my Home page, performance is as fast as 2006. My data goes back less than 2 years and I am running XP (SP2). Is there a bug in the Spending Tracker? ...

Tidying up 5.5 pre 2003?
OK I'm going to spend some time tomorrow tidying up our 5.5 directory ready for when I start migrating us to 2003. So far I'm planning on: Getting rid of all old/unnecessary mailboxes (duh!) Setting all resource mailboxes to no Primary NT account, users have access via the permissions tab (assuming ADC will create disabled domain account). Setting ex-employee mailboxes so that their already disabled domain account is the primary account, again their manager has access via the permissions tab. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? TIA, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net Pau...

Ms Outlook 2003 #5
Hi. I have Vista Home Edition. I am trying to set up my mail accounts with Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Vista. When I put all the details and I test the setting it asks me to verify the E mail address. I know its correct as it works ok in Windows mail Is Outlook 2003 able to work in Vista or do I have a setting wrong??? Outlook 2003 works fine in Windows Vista. Did you check your email = address as suggested? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =...

visio trial
Cannot download the Visio trial. I have tried several times. ...

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive