AutoCad Import to Visio

Any suggestions for importing AutoCad Files in Visio 2007?

I have tried several versions of AutoCad files (2010 and previous) and none will import
into Visio 2007. The import feature used to work!

Any suggestions in a work-around to get them converted to work in Visio 2007?

TIA
0
mikepen49 (1)
10/15/2010 11:14:16 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Imported folder empty
Hi, I am trying to import my messages from OE to Window Live Mail but the Imported Folder under Storage folders remains empty even though I followed all the steps. I also tried to do the suggested drag-and-drop procedure but I couldn't drag the messages out of OE. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks. Is OE and WLMail on the same machine? Did you click on any triangles to expand folders? (Hint: They're small). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "RickieZ" <RickieZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Ofx file import and "aliased" transactions
In Money 06, I find that some transactions imported into my checking account from Paytrust as ofx files get "aliased" into completely unrelated transactions -- for example, a payment to Jeff the lawn guy gets =EFmported as a payment to Greg the occasional housesitter. The data looks to be correct in the ofx file, so the issue seems to be at the receiving end. The payees, and categories are unrelated, and it doesn't seem to be a case of similar payment amounts. Tonight, when I downloaded 4 transactions, half were right, and half were wrong. I can manually change things back, ...

IMPORTING SHEETS
Hi, again. I am using EXCEL 2003. I need to import several specific sheets from a certain xls file into another xls file. I can't find the information on how to do this. Could an expert please explain in easy English how this can be done? Thanks. The simple answer is Cut (or Copy) and Paste. Either Click on the box above the vertical cell number and to the left of the horizontal cell letter to highlight the whole of the spread sheet. Click on <Edit><Copy> Open a new spreadsheet Click on <Edit><Paste> to import the spreadsheet Or Highl...

importing/exporting contacts?
I am running Office XP and I'm having trouble importing some contacts. For whatever reason, the original file folder I'm importing from is called SE Contacts, so when I import it, the info doesn't get imported into the main Contacts folder, but it's own folder called SE Contacts. How do I get those addresses, etc, into the main Contacts folder? Any help in doing so would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Before starting the Import Wizard, make sure that the main Contacts folder is selected. On the last step of the import wizard, ensure that the radio button ...

Import .txt file format into two columns and not one row
I want to know how to import a text file, comma seperated, or delineated, ..csv into Excel and have Excel display it into two columns instead of one long row. My file is a list of names and corresponding email addresses Sounds like the .csv file does not have the end of record marker set correctly. Try opening the file in Notepad or Word to see if there is anything you can use to do a Find & Replace with - assuming you don't have commas within the data, you could replace comma with comma plus Line-break (Hard Return). This will effectively give you a single column sheet when you im...

How do I change the default location for importing text files?
In earlier versions of Excel, when I wanted to import text files, I would click "Data", "Import external data", and "Import data". For the first file to import, I would navigate to where the file was, and click on it to import it. After the first file was imported, I would always be in the last folder from which I imported data when I went to get a new file. Now I've upgraded to Excel 2002 using Windows XP Pro. When I want to import data, the import process always starts in the same place -- My Data Sources -- rather than the last place I used, mean...

Import Data #2
When I'm trying to import from an external data source via (Data--> Import External Data--> Import Data.) I have to navigate for the data sources. I was wondering if there was a way to make excel default to a directory other than the "My Data Sources" directory? Can this be edited in the registry? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank You, Shane Smith I'm don't know the answer to your question, but if you need to extract data from databases into excel on regular bases, I found this software named Sql-batch suite, which let you create new menu in excel with...

Export/Import accounts and contacts to/from Office Accounting
For all CRM users who want to export their existing accounts to office accounting as customers and their corresponsing contacts as well - we have the solution for you! CRM2OA is a connector bridging CRM 3.0 with Office Accounting 2007 with the following integration points: - Accounts - Contacts - Invoices To find more about our product visit us at http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx ...

AutoCAD images
How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003? Also, how can I position the image in the object window? You will have to convert the DWG into a Publisher usable format, or copy/paste special from the AutoCAD application. Are you using the image on a web page? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C27582-5C6A-428A-B947-0F9D3AA4FA2C@microsoft.com... > How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003? Also, how can &...

Import several hunder users
I need to import several hundred users into a new Active Directory domain. I will receive a spreadsheet with basic information like first and last name and department. What is the easiet way to import these users into a windows 2008 r2 Active Directory domain. I need a quick how toThanks "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B0C598-4381-4886-ABF5-98EEFFD66EAA@microsoft.com... >I need to import several hundred users into a new Active Directory domain. >I > will receive a spreadsheet with basic information like first and last n...

customer data import failed to import the address info
I use the intergration manager trying to import a bunch of new customers. The source csv file has the customer id, customer name, address, phone, email, address id, ship to address id, bill to address id etc. After the importing, I found the address ID is created but the address is blank. So I went to table import to import the address but it says the address ID is already existed. Then I ran the table import again and name the address ID differently and it seems working and now how can I update the statement id, ship to id and bil to id address field with table import? I also wanted ...

Import for Outlook Express
I have tried to import a message file that I had on my laptop to my desktop. I have hidden files turned off and when I try to drill down to outlook Express, it wont allow me to look at the individual files. Does anyone have a solution? Yhanks Jerry Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried to import a message file that I had on my > laptop to my desktop. I have hidden files turned off and > when I try to drill down to outlook Express, it wont > allow me to look at the individual files. Does anyone > have a solution? Yhanks Jerry A...

Outlook 2000 import
I am a brand-new Outlook 2000 user. I have attempted to import a VCS file of addresses from my Palm and Outlook only seems to pick up the first record. Any help, please. Many thanks. Outlook 2000 can only import one .vcs file at a time. Can you export your Palm data to a .csv file? Have you tried Chapura for synching Palm and Outlook? What version of Palm OS? Many previous Palm OS CDs contained the Palm Chapura conduit. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted...

import .vcf directly into CRM
hi. can i import an attached v-card (.vcf) from my outlook email directly into CRM? or do i need to import it into outlook contacts first followed by an import into CRM? thanks. Shane, using the build-in import under TOOLS your able to specify outlook folders. By now I don't know of any possibilty importing a attached v-card without using the sdk. Steffen "shane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9e7601c4344c$97180870$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hi. > > can i import an attached v-card (.vcf) from my outlook > email directly int...

Autocad import error
I am evaluating Visio for possible purchase and have a downloaded trial version of Visio Professional 2003. I am trying to open or import Autocad files. Using either the Import - Cad drawings option, or just the Open option, I am still getting the error message about the files not being in ..dwg or .dxf format or being corrupt. I have tried the suggestions in previous threads, including saving the files back at Autocad 2000, Autocad 2000 .dxf, or Autocad 2004 .dxf and still get the same error message. Am I missing something? I am a very new user. As in just today. I appreciate any sugg...

Importing From Outlook Express #4
On my new computer I have Vista and Office 2007. On the old computer Win98 and OE 5.0. I have copied the mail boxes to the new computer but there does not seem to be a process to import the emails. When I use the wizard it does not allow me to specify where the emails are and therefore Outlook cannot locate the files. Same with Windows Mail. Any ideas? Thanks Try doing an export from OE rather than an import in Outlook. -Peter <PhantomPoster> wrote in message news:Xns9A2F67F82DE26PhantomPoster@211.29.133.50... > On my new computer I have Vista and Office 2007. On the old com...

Importing an Access query
I'm trying to import an Access query into an Excel spreadsheet. The Access query is a totals query: The SQL looks like this: SELECT qryBase.STOCK, Sum(qryBase.ACTG_MATL_INVT_QTY) AS Total FROM qryBase GROUP BY qryBase.STOCK; everytime I try to link it to the Excel spreadsheet, I get "Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 2(Total)" I'm assuming it's because I'm trying to import a totals query. This never happens with queries that do not use the GroupBy and Sum functions. Is it not possible to link a totals query into Excel? Any...

Scroll when importing data
Excel 2007 I have a VBA-routine that imports data from an external source. There will be hundreds of rows imported, and this takes several minutes to complete. I would like to always have the last imported row visible. As it is now the page does not scroll as the import takes place. Does anyone understand what I am after, and does anyone have a solution? I do not have the VBA-routien at hand right now so I can't share it with you. Thanx Knut you can try adding something like this to the end of your routine, just change the column letter. lastrow = ActiveSheet.Ce...

trying to import a template from word, to publisher
I downloaded the template I need, to word. My project is in publisher.Not sure what to do Either look for a similar template suitable for Publisher or spend a fun few minutes creating one.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/user http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "gettingdizzy" <gettingdizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7BF85C3-E200-4189-8EFF-9287E1950603@microsoft.com... >I downloaded the template I need, to word. My project is in publisher.Not > sure what to do > Or copy, paste... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

import .dbx files
I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. Pat That is fine. Just follow what Gordon posted -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88CC5B9-EFCE-4F45-B9B8-BAB7ACCA284F@microsoft.com... >I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. Pat wrote: > I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. You should have added it to your original thread. You started a NEW and *disc...

IMPORTING A FORM
I have to fill out a payroll form each week for each contractor showing gross, deductions, net, hours and wages for each one. I have a form in formtoolv5 that I go in and edit. My quickbooks will download the payroll information I need into excel, but is there a way I can import this form and it would put things in the proper columns? I can not figure out how to do it in excel. I am very new to excel and all I have managed to accomplish is a headache. Any info would be helpful. I'm not familiar with FormTool v5. Where can we find out some more about it? Part of Quickbooks? Is ...

Newsletter Importing
I have taken over my sons Scout Troop newsletter. As I could not find a converter in publisher 07 from the troops pdf that I want to use as a templet I converted the pdf to word with another program. Upon importing the three page word document publisher spread the three pages over twelve pages. What settings do I need to adjust to correct the issue? -- Old Bear Light is fast but when donuts are involved I'm faster. Why not just design it in Publisher? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Old Bear" <OldBear@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Excel Based Budgeting will not import
I created a blank budget and exported, then added all my accounts and budgets etc. We were able to import all our previous years budgets, but this time, it does through the import progress screen, but then flips back into Great Plains and does nothing (ie it usually spends about 10 minutes on the updating tables, but this doesn't happen at all). I have tried this on 3 other workstation with the same results. I have copied and pasted into another worksheet, but still will not import. The accounts are all setup with dashes. I had this problem too. It turned out the stored proced...

Creating shape-templates in Microsoft Visio
Hi, I use Visio in datamodeling and want to make some default entity-shapes that contain some default columns. Designing and adding the shape to a stencil works fine. But when I drag and drop the custom entity-shape to a new drawing, it looses all columns. Is it possible to keep default columns in a entity-shape in Visio 2003 (10.0) and use it as a table-entity template ? Thanks Jorgen ...