Autocad import error

I am evaluating Visio for possible purchase and have a downloaded trial
version of Visio Professional 2003. I am trying to open or import Autocad
files. Using either the Import - Cad drawings option, or just the Open
option, I am still getting the error message about the files not being in
..dwg or .dxf format or being corrupt. I have tried the suggestions in
2000 .dxf, or Autocad 2004 .dxf and still get the same error message.

Am I missing something? I am a very new user. As in just today. I appreciate
any suggestions, Thanks!!
0
Mindy (50)
5/22/2006 2:59:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You might check the limitations of the trial s/w. I have succesfully
imported .dxf without problems using Visio std...came in as a "picture" and
allows for scale change on import.
============
"Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am evaluating Visio for possible purchase and have a downloaded trial
> version of Visio Professional 2003. I am trying to open or import Autocad
> files. Using either the Import - Cad drawings option, or just the Open
> option, I am still getting the error message about the files not being in
> .dwg or .dxf format or being corrupt. I have tried the suggestions in
> 2000 .dxf, or Autocad 2004 .dxf and still get the same error message.
>
> Am I missing something? I am a very new user. As in just today. I
> appreciate
> any suggestions, Thanks!!

0
ds-mail (25)
5/23/2006 12:29:37 AM
I have developped a powerful autocad converter for visio that support all
dwg file including 2006 format. If it can help ask me on my personal mail.
"Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
7793FD8D-BA99-466B-B91D-7D87E317FF89@microsoft.com...
>I am evaluating Visio for possible purchase and have a downloaded trial
> version of Visio Professional 2003. I am trying to open or import Autocad
> files. Using either the Import - Cad drawings option, or just the Open
> option, I am still getting the error message about the files not being in
> .dwg or .dxf format or being corrupt. I have tried the suggestions in
> 2000 .dxf, or Autocad 2004 .dxf and still get the same error message.
>
> Am I missing something? I am a very new user. As in just today. I
> appreciate
> any suggestions, Thanks!!

0
mich.laplane (167)

error on item creation
anyone get this error when creating a new item key column information is insufficient or incorrect Too many rows were affected by update and the windows closes yet the item is created This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006E_01CAFE69.A8C95B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hozay, What version? Any add-ons? Have you tried running a database re-index and a database Check in SO = Admin? Backup First!! --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this ne...

Ofx file import and "aliased" transactions
In Money 06, I find that some transactions imported into my checking account from Paytrust as ofx files get "aliased" into completely unrelated transactions -- for example, a payment to Jeff the lawn guy gets =EFmported as a payment to Greg the occasional housesitter. The data looks to be correct in the ofx file, so the issue seems to be at the receiving end. The payees, and categories are unrelated, and it doesn't seem to be a case of similar payment amounts. Tonight, when I downloaded 4 transactions, half were right, and half were wrong. I can manually change things back, ...

Imported folder empty
Hi, I am trying to import my messages from OE to Window Live Mail but the Imported Folder under Storage folders remains empty even though I followed all the steps. I also tried to do the suggested drag-and-drop procedure but I couldn't drag the messages out of OE. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks. Is OE and WLMail on the same machine? Did you click on any triangles to expand folders? (Hint: They're small). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "RickieZ" <RickieZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook Internet Error Message
I have 2 users that when trying to access CRM through Outlook the asp forms don't load in the Outlook window. The CRM outlook adding toolbar works and attaches data into CRM however the forms don't load to specify where to attach something. They are hitting the database just unable to view the CRM forms through the outlook window. They have Outlook 2003 on Win XP. I have 100 other users, same versions and no problems. Any ideas? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I have 2 users that when trying to access CRM through >Outlook the asp forms don't load in the ...

IMPORTING SHEETS
Hi, again. I am using EXCEL 2003. I need to import several specific sheets from a certain xls file into another xls file. I can't find the information on how to do this. Could an expert please explain in easy English how this can be done? Thanks. The simple answer is Cut (or Copy) and Paste. Either Click on the box above the vertical cell number and to the left of the horizontal cell letter to highlight the whole of the spread sheet. Click on <Edit><Copy> Open a new spreadsheet Click on <Edit><Paste> to import the spreadsheet Or Highl...

importing/exporting contacts?
I am running Office XP and I'm having trouble importing some contacts. For whatever reason, the original file folder I'm importing from is called SE Contacts, so when I import it, the info doesn't get imported into the main Contacts folder, but it's own folder called SE Contacts. How do I get those addresses, etc, into the main Contacts folder? Any help in doing so would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Before starting the Import Wizard, make sure that the main Contacts folder is selected. On the last step of the import wizard, ensure that the radio button ...

Compile Module Error (TBRun9) just won't go away
Hi there, this error seems simple enough--but it won't go away. THE ERROR: "Compile error in hidden module: TBRun9" The error appears when I open or when I close excel. I have found the KB article and I have removed all files from the XLStart folder, I have also removed all files named TBRun9. I have researched further and found that add-in programs could be to blame, so I have uninstalled ALL Adobe programs, all scansoft programs, uninstalled/reinstalled and updated office. I ran norton windoctor and fixed all errors it found. But still I have this error. I believ...

Error at installation because Timezone issue
When I try to install CRM 3.0 I got an error: Install exception.System.Exception ...."Microsoft.Crm.Scheduling.WindowsTimeZone" at Microsoft.Crm.Scheduling.TimeZoneLoader.TimeZoneRegistryLoader(Hashtable timeZones, Hashtable timeZoneNames) at Microsoft.Crm.Scheduling.TimeZoneLoader.TimeZoneHardCodedLoader(Hashtable timeZones, Hashtable timeZoneNames) I think that it is a problem with Timezone Editor but I can't find a way to fix this problem. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Lucio Antoniolo ...

Import .txt file format into two columns and not one row
I want to know how to import a text file, comma seperated, or delineated, ..csv into Excel and have Excel display it into two columns instead of one long row. My file is a list of names and corresponding email addresses Sounds like the .csv file does not have the end of record marker set correctly. Try opening the file in Notepad or Word to see if there is anything you can use to do a Find & Replace with - assuming you don't have commas within the data, you could replace comma with comma plus Line-break (Hard Return). This will effectively give you a single column sheet when you im...

How do I change the default location for importing text files?
In earlier versions of Excel, when I wanted to import text files, I would click "Data", "Import external data", and "Import data". For the first file to import, I would navigate to where the file was, and click on it to import it. After the first file was imported, I would always be in the last folder from which I imported data when I went to get a new file. Now I've upgraded to Excel 2002 using Windows XP Pro. When I want to import data, the import process always starts in the same place -- My Data Sources -- rather than the last place I used, mean...

Import Data #2
When I'm trying to import from an external data source via (Data--> Import External Data--> Import Data.) I have to navigate for the data sources. I was wondering if there was a way to make excel default to a directory other than the "My Data Sources" directory? Can this be edited in the registry? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank You, Shane Smith I'm don't know the answer to your question, but if you need to extract data from databases into excel on regular bases, I found this software named Sql-batch suite, which let you create new menu in excel with...

Export/Import accounts and contacts to/from Office Accounting
For all CRM users who want to export their existing accounts to office accounting as customers and their corresponsing contacts as well - we have the solution for you! CRM2OA is a connector bridging CRM 3.0 with Office Accounting 2007 with the following integration points: - Accounts - Contacts - Invoices To find more about our product visit us at http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx ...

AutoCAD images
How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003? Also, how can I position the image in the object window? You will have to convert the DWG into a Publisher usable format, or copy/paste special from the AutoCAD application. Are you using the image on a web page? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C27582-5C6A-428A-B947-0F9D3AA4FA2C@microsoft.com... > How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003? Also, how can &...

Import several hunder users
I need to import several hundred users into a new Active Directory domain. I will receive a spreadsheet with basic information like first and last name and department. What is the easiet way to import these users into a windows 2008 r2 Active Directory domain. I need a quick how toThanks "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B0C598-4381-4886-ABF5-98EEFFD66EAA@microsoft.com... >I need to import several hundred users into a new Active Directory domain. >I > will receive a spreadsheet with basic information like first and last n...

error when opening Publisher file
I'm getting an error: "Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" when I open a Publisher file that I created, sent off to a colleague for editing, and she sent back to me. We're both on Pub 2002, but we have different numbers in parens after Pub 2002. Are there different versions of Pub. 2002 that would prevent me from opening a file that she saved on her computer? I can open other Publisher files sent by someone else.... Do you both have the Service Releases installed? www.microsoft.com/office -- Aft...

customer data import failed to import the address info
I use the intergration manager trying to import a bunch of new customers. The source csv file has the customer id, customer name, address, phone, email, address id, ship to address id, bill to address id etc. After the importing, I found the address ID is created but the address is blank. So I went to table import to import the address but it says the address ID is already existed. Then I ran the table import again and name the address ID differently and it seems working and now how can I update the statement id, ship to id and bil to id address field with table import? I also wanted ...

Import for Outlook Express
I have tried to import a message file that I had on my laptop to my desktop. I have hidden files turned off and when I try to drill down to outlook Express, it wont allow me to look at the individual files. Does anyone have a solution? Yhanks Jerry Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried to import a message file that I had on my > laptop to my desktop. I have hidden files turned off and > when I try to drill down to outlook Express, it wont > allow me to look at the individual files. Does anyone > have a solution? Yhanks Jerry A...

Error code is 80040154
I am getting several "Failed to access the metabase, error code is 80040154 (Class no registered). And after reboot Msg - Error initializing session for virtual machine "server". Th error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store i running. Msg - The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuratio from the DS, error '0x80040154'. We have only had Exchange now for 2 months, and it worked fine u until a few days ago. Cannot seem to pinpoint the issue, but tryin to restart the "store", and restart services, and even rebooting nothin...

Outlook 2000 import
I am a brand-new Outlook 2000 user. I have attempted to import a VCS file of addresses from my Palm and Outlook only seems to pick up the first record. Any help, please. Many thanks. Outlook 2000 can only import one .vcs file at a time. Can you export your Palm data to a .csv file? Have you tried Chapura for synching Palm and Outlook? What version of Palm OS? Many previous Palm OS CDs contained the Palm Chapura conduit. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted...

Error: 800410A when trying to receive in Outlook 2002
I am using Windows XP; Outlook 2002 (XP) with Service Pack 3. I can send emails (using Adelphia cable for my ISP), but can't receive them. I get the error that the receiving POP server was found but the operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving POP server (error 800410A). I have turned off my firewall and virus scan (McAfee). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. I have deleted and re-set my Account settings. I have no large emails in my web-based email account. I can't even receive the Outlook test message. Adelphia can't figure it out (they told...

import .vcf directly into CRM
hi. can i import an attached v-card (.vcf) from my outlook email directly into CRM? or do i need to import it into outlook contacts first followed by an import into CRM? thanks. Shane, using the build-in import under TOOLS your able to specify outlook folders. By now I don't know of any possibilty importing a attached v-card without using the sdk. Steffen "shane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9e7601c4344c$97180870$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hi. > > can i import an attached v-card (.vcf) from my outlook > email directly int...

Autocad import error
I am evaluating Visio for possible purchase and have a downloaded trial version of Visio Professional 2003. I am trying to open or import Autocad files. Using either the Import - Cad drawings option, or just the Open option, I am still getting the error message about the files not being in ..dwg or .dxf format or being corrupt. I have tried the suggestions in previous threads, including saving the files back at Autocad 2000, Autocad 2000 .dxf, or Autocad 2004 .dxf and still get the same error message. Am I missing something? I am a very new user. As in just today. I appreciate any sugg...

Importing an Access query
I'm trying to import an Access query into an Excel spreadsheet. The Access query is a totals query: The SQL looks like this: SELECT qryBase.STOCK, Sum(qryBase.ACTG_MATL_INVT_QTY) AS Total FROM qryBase GROUP BY qryBase.STOCK; everytime I try to link it to the Excel spreadsheet, I get "Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 2(Total)" I'm assuming it's because I'm trying to import a totals query. This never happens with queries that do not use the GroupBy and Sum functions. Is it not possible to link a totals query into Excel? Any...

error during install
When trying to load software from Verizon and logged on as administrator, the following error message appears "Install shield engine (ikernel.exe) could not be launched". Software has loaded successfully on other machines. Any suggestions? Address this question to the appropriate Windows NG. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Bill Sims" <simsbill@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:037501c35601$84cb0700$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to load software from Verizon and logged on as > administra...

Importing From Outlook Express #4
On my new computer I have Vista and Office 2007. On the old computer Win98 and OE 5.0. I have copied the mail boxes to the new computer but there does not seem to be a process to import the emails. When I use the wizard it does not allow me to specify where the emails are and therefore Outlook cannot locate the files. Same with Windows Mail. Any ideas? Thanks Try doing an export from OE rather than an import in Outlook. -Peter <PhantomPoster> wrote in message news:Xns9A2F67F82DE26PhantomPoster@211.29.133.50... > On my new computer I have Vista and Office 2007. On the old com...