2010 Visio Services Information

For those that may have missed these

Great article on how to configure Visio Services
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee524059.aspx

A critical piece of insight on what to expect by Chris Hopkins in his
Visilog

http://blogs.msdn.com/chhopkin/archive/2010/05/03/supported-diagrams-and-entities-in-visio-services.aspx

hth,
al

0
AlEdlund
5/15/2010 4:44:33 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Visual Studio 2010 Quirk?
I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the Solution Explorer. Add New Folder. Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder. They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh. If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder, but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view shows both!! Really strange.... I cant e...

can not mount information store
i am receiving event id 454, Information Store (2704) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -540. . in exchange admin i get the error An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both we have plently of disk space available which is stated as the cause by a number of tech notes. Can anyone help? Hi Did it happen after restore? Try to move the exchange log files (cut-paste) and mount the store. If still can’t mount run eseutil.exe /p -- "nick reed" wrote...

MSX 2010 with DPM 2010 RC
I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM 2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window 'Specify Exchange DAG Protection' comes the message "The selected datasource(s) cannot be configured for copy backup because it is either a standalone Mailbox DB or a replica (ID: 52528). What's the problem? Regards Wolfgang On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:19:01 -0700, WKrauss <WKrauss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM >2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window '...

service
hi! which is the best (common) way to install something like a timer within a service? as everybody says using sleep was a poor thing (i agree) i am not sure how to achieve this. should i create a helper window that provides a timer? is it possible at all to use a helper window when the flag SERVICE_INTERACTIVE_PROCESS is not set? thanks philipp Timers depend on a windows message pump. You do not need to actually have a window to have a message pump but it is normal to do so. You may want to consider using WaitForSingleObject or WaitForMultipleObjects, it really depends on what your t...

Page Breaks in OneNote 2010
Is it possible to see where page breaks are when using the infinite page in 2010? If not, is it possible to choose Letter, but keep adding pages to the bottom of the existing page (allows me to see page breaks in an alternative fashion)? The lack of visible page breaks has been a major drawback (one of the few) in my usage of OneNote 2003 and 2007. I did see that if I use the Letter setting, I can continue typing beneath the "page bottom" into the dark gray area beneath, but it would be nice to have the view all white with a dotted line for the page break. Thanks for pointing to thi...

DPM 2010 to DPM 2010 DR on Windows 2008R2 not available?
Hi I recently deployed a DPM 2010 primary and secondary server in our environment (mainly to protect our Exchange 2010 servers). I installed the agent from the secondary DPM server onto the primary. The next step is to select the agent under the Management tab and down the bottom of the screen reveals the version, thottling disabled but it is not showing "Protected computers enabled for Protection" Is there anything that needs to be done in addition to setup the secondary DPM server to protect the primary? If I am not mistaken, you are trying to locate the...

Setting up CRM 4.0 Services on specific days of the week.
Does anyone know if you can set up Services to start on specific Days of the week? You can set them to start every X days, but not, say, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. My client runs Lessons that go from Mondays-Weds, and they'd like to restrict scheduling this service only to these days of the week. Does anyone know of a hack to accomplist this? create a new entity, call it working days or whatever you like and use it from within the service entity. -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com Dodd wrote: > Does anyone know if you can set up S...

project 2010 timeline view
Hello, What is the purpose of the timeline view? Where you add in specific tasks. Why arn't all tasks in it? Why would you only want to see some tasks? thanks Greg -- In the future, please ask your Project 2010 questions in the following newsgroup: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads To answer your question, the Timeline view allows you to show a timeline of your project and show only the tasks you want to see as either bars or Callouts. To add any task to the Timeline view, right-click on the name of the task a...

Office 2010 required for SharePoint 2010?
Will Office 2010 be required to utilize SharePoint 2010, or will users still be able to leverage Office 2007 with SharePoint 2010? An answer could be found at the Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 "Paul K" <PaulK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E134C33-8756-4CF0-B241-54BC0EFD0C9C@microsoft.com... > Will Office 2010 be required to utilize SharePoint 2010, or will users > still > be able to leverage Office 2007 with SharePoint 2010? ...

How to remote start/stop services using windows API?
I tried to use WNetAddConnection2 and OpenSCManager. But WNetAddConnection2 will fail if there are a existing remote mapped drive to the remote manchine. It seems WNetAddConnection2 has other limitations. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Tom Lee What does WNetAddConnetion2 have to do with services? It has nothing to do with starting or stopping services, nor does it have anything to do with OpenSCManager. Is there any correlation between your subject and your question? What does "fail" mean? I have no idea of the dozen or so documented error codes this A...

OL 2010 Date (Conversation) view
Hi - can't seem to find a way to fix this in Outlook 2010. My Inbox is set up to group incoming mail by date (Today, Yesterday, Last week, etc). In this new version, it also groups conversations by subject. I thought this was pretty cool, however, it groups unrelated conversations. Meaning, if I have two different senders send me a message, and the subject from both is "Hello" - all of the emails with that subject heading are grouped together. If the list is not expanded, it only shows one name in the From field - so, I have to remember that I had an email from anot...

Visio upgrade?
I have .Net 2003 Enterprise with Visio and I have found a Visio file I cannot open. I was amazed to find on the MS website information saying that Visio 2003 in ..Net is really Visio 2002. Can I upgrade to Visio 2003? Will I loose the coupling with .Net 2003 and the code generation options? thank you mark VEA 2003 was released before Visio 2003 and so it does contain Visio 2002. An update, VEA 2005?, using Visio 2003 should be released this spring. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA....

Exchange 2010: Are the Shared Calendar Issues Resolved?
Hello-- I work for a large corporation that is currently running an Exchange 2007 cluster with clients on a mix of Outlook 2003 and some 2007. We are having issues with delegates and scheduling and have referred them to the article regarding Essential Do's and Don'ts and yet the issues of random calendar items disappearing, etc. etc. continue to occur. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011276781033.aspx So, my question is if any of the consequences associated with the items mentioned on the website I referenced are resolved with Exchange 2010 and the ...

Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003
When is service pack 1 for Exchange 2003 coming out? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Should be sometime this week. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%23eIcR%23kQEHA.2468@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When is service pack 1 for Exchange 2003 coming out? > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator > > Nicholas,...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable #5
Howdy, I had a primary domain controller with exchange server 2003. Everything was running fine. I got a new server and promoted it as a secondary domain controller (no exchange). This morning the OWA when logging in would give the error: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. Employees using outlook get the message the exchange server cannot be found. KB282230 told me to remove the davex.dll file from the virtual directory's wildcard application maps. So I did, restarted IIS, and now I get a page cannot be displayed after putting in my login name and password (in OWA). Event Viewer E...

intermediate results 2010
intermediate 1st year results 2010 Check intermediate results 2010 Results at http://knowledgeatheaven.blogspot.com/2010/04/intermediate-results-2010.html Please click above link to view the intermediate 1st year 2010 results. ...

netbios and computer browser service
I have had some problems of late with XP Pro (both machines ) seeing each other with Classic share setup (with pswds) . But I have gotten it to work (with limitations ). I can now connect by doing the \\RemoteComputerName\SharedFolderName in the explorer or by clicking on previous access shortcuts of the above same. But try to go thru the MS Windows Network I get as far as my WorkgroupName and then an error msg stating the list of servers for this Workgroup is not currently available. And if I try net use I get New connections will not be remembered. Status Local Remote...

Reporting Services and CRM Server in same directory
I have installed Reporting Services and the CRM Server in the same directory. This is a pilot program install. I am now getting the below error which is addressed with KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948012 which resolution 2 does not seeem to work. I am now faced with reinstalling the CRM Server or Reporting Server, which is easier to recover from if I have to do them? An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help Error executing child request for /ReportServer/Pages/ ReportViewer.aspx. The type Microsoft.Crm...

Medical processes / Visio 2002
Hello I have been looking for information about Visio 2002 templates, tencils etc. used in mapping medical processes. For example patient flow charts, mapping medical procedures and that sort of thing. They seem to be very rare or at least difficult to find, so any help is appreciated :) Yours truly ...

Question about client backups in 2010
I’m very interested in the new client backups from DPM 2010, does anyone know exactly how the backup system will work. From what I understand you can set path and file types not to be backed up, but then does it work on a normal/incremental type backup, or block level. Will the “full” backup only happen one time, and then all future backups be block levels that get applied to full when the retention is up? Basically will it work how DPM works with servers, as in all the data won’t go over the wire after the first full backup? Full backup happens only at one time, all l...

outlook 2010 view full message source (headers + source)
hello, in outlook 2003 i could add a registry hack to view the full source of an email message, with the SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders registry key. i've tried it in Outlook 2010 but it does not seem to work? does anybody know how i can see the complete source of an email message in outlook 2010? i need this to let my spamassassin learn from the spam messages that get through. thank, stig forgot to mention we use also Exchange 2007 maybe that's the problem? but i don't understand why MS does not make this possible when using Exchange? how do people with Exchange get the full mes...

DPM 2010 MP for SCE 2010
Does anyone know when the management pack for DPM 2010 might be available? They were released on the same day as the new all in one solution so wouldn't you think they would work togther? Chris Management pack for DPM 2010 is not yet released. Once its available we will communicate to newsgroup and forums. -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmana...

2010 RC: Feedback
Hi there, thanks for the RC. I'm still experimenting. So far things are looking good, except for those four things: 1. Couldn't update the agents on some computers. (The "Needs update" -> "5%" -> "Error" -> "Needs update" problem). I believe this will be fixed in RTM? 2. Backups on disconnected clients are still too resource intensive. Doing the shadow copy and reading it is still done with normal I/O priority. It just took me 17 seconds to switch from one browser tab to another... How can you expect me to deploy this?!? (...

Windows Time Service
Windows 2003 R2 Standard SP DC server All of a sudden I get errors from windows time It is getting invalid reponce data from the time server Event id 38 37 47 29 etc trying from time-b.nist.gov Is that site down Is there a new list f time servers that are functioning available Thanks Tom Here you go. http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Thomas R Grassi Jr" wrote:...

Visual Web Developer 2010 Express
Hi, I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here. Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL 5. I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System -> DSN already. Alan T wrote: > Hi, > I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here. > > Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL > 5. > I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System -> DSN already. > > <http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=connecting+to+mysql+using+odbc+ado....