XP Themes on Forms

Sorry to re-post this, but I still need a little assistance.

"thatsalok" <thatsalok@NO_gmail.com_I_DONT_NEED_SPAM> wrote in message
> You need to Enable Xp theme in your Appliation look for more info here
> http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3101831
>

> --
>
> With Regards
> Alok Gupta
> Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com
>
>                           "I think this will Help"
> "axis" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
>> When I run a dialog I've created in Visual Studio .Net 2003 (C++), with
>> buttons, tabs, and such, it doesn't look nice like the forms that come up
> if
>> I run the Control Panel items or even the Start > Run dialog. Windows
>> dialogs have buttons with rounded edges and lighter backgrounds, for
>> example. Whereas buttons from the Visual Studio designer end up being
> square
>> and grey. How do I set up my dialogs so that they inherit these same
> styles
>> that the windows forms have?

I've read through the page, and also the MSDN documentation at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/vbtchUsingWindowsXPVisualStylesWithControlsOnWindowsForms.asp
.... but I can't get it to work. I follow the instructions and my application
does not start (it says 'The application has failed to start because the
applicaiton configuration is incorrect...')

This is probably due to  a value in the manifest being off... In the portion
of the manifest where one is supposed to put the 'application name', what
exactly are they referring to here? The AssemblyTitleAttribute in my
assemblyinfo.cpp? The fully qualified class path for my main application
form? The executable name?

Anything else you can think of, from the error message?
Otherwise, any tips on debugging the issue?

I'm really surprised at how convoluted this is... You'd think that at least
by VS .NET 2003 they would have made this a simple build option.

0
NoSpam2208 (77)
2/22/2005 12:25:15 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

After reading your previous Post, I went ahead an implemented it in my
project.
I read that the Application Name and Version are not important.
Buf for grins, call it your App.exe.
The Version number is located in the Resource Viewer, under
Version\VS_VERSION_INFO

<assemblyIdentity
    version="1.0.0.1"
    processorArchitecture="X86"
    name="ScopeApp.exe"
    type="win32"
/>

What is important is the Resource ID. It should be 1.

I would suggest making a directory in res. Call it rest\Manifest
Copy the manifest file and change the name to whatever you want. I call it
YourApp.Manifest.
Then, do what it says in this article
http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3101831

Properties for Manifest
    FileName: res\Manifest\ScopeApp.manifest
    ID 1

Good Luck,
-
Christopher J. Holland [!MVP]
http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/
http://www.codeguru.com
http://www.codeproject.com
http://www.naughter.com/
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/howto/
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/
www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm

> Sorry to re-post this, but I still need a little assistance.
>
> "thatsalok" <thatsalok@NO_gmail.com_I_DONT_NEED_SPAM> wrote in message
>> You need to Enable Xp theme in your Appliation look for more info here
>> http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3101831
>>

>> --
>>
>> With Regards
>> Alok Gupta
>> Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com
>>
>>                           "I think this will Help"
>> "axis" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
>>> When I run a dialog I've created in Visual Studio .Net 2003 (C++), with
>>> buttons, tabs, and such, it doesn't look nice like the forms that come
>>> up
>> if
>>> I run the Control Panel items or even the Start > Run dialog. Windows
>>> dialogs have buttons with rounded edges and lighter backgrounds, for
>>> example. Whereas buttons from the Visual Studio designer end up being
>> square
>>> and grey. How do I set up my dialogs so that they inherit these same
>> styles
>>> that the windows forms have?
>>>

> I've read through the page, and also the MSDN documentation at
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/vbtchUsingWindowsXPVisualStylesWithControlsOnWindowsForms.asp
> ... but I can't get it to work. I follow the instructions and my
> application
> does not start (it says 'The application has failed to start because the
> applicaiton configuration is incorrect...')
>
> This is probably due to  a value in the manifest being off... In the
> portion
> of the manifest where one is supposed to put the 'application name', what
> exactly are they referring to here? The AssemblyTitleAttribute in my
> assemblyinfo.cpp? The fully qualified class path for my main application
> form? The executable name?
>
> Anything else you can think of, from the error message?
> Otherwise, any tips on debugging the issue?
>
> I'm really surprised at how convoluted this is... You'd think that at
> least
> by VS .NET 2003 they would have made this a simple build option.

0
msnews (126)
2/23/2005 1:01:43 AM
Thanks Christopher! I'll give it a try today.

"Christopher J.
Holland..........................................................................................................."
<msnews@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> ... but I can't get it to work. I follow the instructions and my
>> application
>> does not start (it says 'The application has failed to start because the
>> applicaiton configuration is incorrect...')
>>
>> This is probably due to  a value in the manifest being off... In the
>> portion
>> of the manifest where one is supposed to put the 'application name', what
>> exactly are they referring to here? The AssemblyTitleAttribute in my
>> assemblyinfo.cpp? The fully qualified class path for my main application
>> form? The executable name?
>>
>> Anything else you can think of, from the error message?
>> Otherwise, any tips on debugging the issue?
>>
>> I'm really surprised at how convoluted this is... You'd think that at
>> least
>> by VS .NET 2003 they would have made this a simple build option.

2/23/2005 1:52:27 PM
I think the problem was that my app didn't have a Version resource. I added
one, followed the instructions, and it worked.

Thanks for the help!

> [...]
>> ... but I can't get it to work. I follow the instructions and my
>> application
>> does not start (it says 'The application has failed to start because the
>> applicaiton configuration is incorrect...')
>>
>> This is probably due to  a value in the manifest being off... In the
>> portion
>> of the manifest where one is supposed to put the 'application name', what
>> exactly are they referring to here? The AssemblyTitleAttribute in my
>> assemblyinfo.cpp? The fully qualified class path for my main application
>> form? The executable name?
>>
>> Anything else you can think of, from the error message?
>> Otherwise, any tips on debugging the issue?
>>
>> I'm really surprised at how convoluted this is... You'd think that at
>> least
>> by VS .NET 2003 they would have made this a simple build option.

Printing a workbook one row at a time filling in a form with the d
Hello I have a workbook with about 20,000 rows of data. I want to design a form and have the information from one row inserted into the form and be printed out. The form would also have empty places for the sales people to write additional information on the paper after they make the sales call. The information is name, phone number, address and several other customer related information cells. I am using Excell 2000. IF possible I would like to print these 2 up on a standard piece of paper 8.5 by 11 inches. This means I would print two forms on one page with a seperate record/row fi...

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Form Wizard Unable to create form
After navigating through create form wizard I get message saying wizard unable to create form. Can anyone help me with this . I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2003 Profesional. What EXACTLY does the error message say? How many fields are in the form's Record Source? The usual message is that Access can't create a form because there are too many fields, which means just that. The forms wizard is intended to help the casual user create a simple form. Complicated form with bunches and bunches of fields doesn't fall under this heading. These forms have to be created using ...

Locking Form and Subform-What am I doing wrong?
Okay, I have a form that includes a checkbox "Closed_Check", when this box is checked I need to lock that specific record in the form and subform. Currently I've tried: If Closed_Check = True Then Me.AllowEdits = False Me.AllowDeletions = False Else Me.AllowEdits = True Me.AllowDeletions = True End If and placed this in the On Current event field for both the form and subform. It works, problem is it locks the following records that are not closed. What am I missing? HELP -- Lori A. Pong With continuous forms, it...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

How do I tie a web Form to an excel database
Dear All, ...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

Detecting Shift key when form is opened
What is the best way to tell if the Shift key is held down when a form is opened? The form is being opened from a toolbar. I don't want to react to the Shift key's being pressed after the form is opened. I only want to react if the Shift key was being held down when the toolbar option was clicked. Also, is there a way to do this for reports? Thanks in advance. James ...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Export from a form
I know there are several ways to programatically export, like docmd.transferspreadsheet, but I want to export data from a form. I however do not want the file button available to my users. I thought this might work DoCmd.DoMenuItem , acfilemenu, acExport, , acMenuVer70 but it did not. Basically all I want to do is have a command button act like what happens when you click file, export. I want the user to click the button, and then select the location and the format to export to. Am I on the correct track with the DoMenuItem? Nevermind, I figured it out. I guess it helps to keep rea...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

Outlook Task request form
Hi there, I am hoping that someone out there knows the answer to my guestion! I am creating a customized task request form that eventually will sit on every users desktop in the school district where I work. My goal is to have the users enter a request for technical assistance that generates an email to each of the 4 technology members here. The e-mail will generate a task item when accepted and send a reply to the "owner" (staff member initiating the request). The problem I'm encountering is when I customize the form and turn off the display of the default task page, m...

Filter by form search field showing non-distinct values in pull do
Howdy. I'm using Filter-by-Form for searching. For each field, when in FBF, the pull down shows a list of distinct values for that column. One field on my form, though, is showing a list of non-distinct values, so the list has over 200,000 entries, many of them duplicates (in this case, NULL or zero length string). What's going on? This particular field was fine earlier in development, and the other search fields are still fine - showing only distinct values. Any suggestions on where to look/what to do??? Thanks. Danny Danny - Just a guess here, but since...

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

AfxDaoInit fails on Win XP SP2
Hi, after deinstalling some test applications and then installing the Win XP SP2 a call to AfxDaoInit() fails with a CDaoException. This usually means that the Jet is missing. Windows however reports that the Jet is now part of the system so its not possible to install the latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP as well. Any idea how to check the presence of the Jet and solve the issue? Thank you for your time and help. Regards Thomas Trick ...

Data input form
I have 20 cells values that must be input to a row 128 times within about a half hour to 45 minutes. I need to do this once each month. In Excel 97 there was a 'data input' form that could be used. I cannot find that in Excel 2002. Any advice would be appreciated since I think it would really help speed things up. Barney Are you looking for.... Select your data range, including col headings. From the Excel main menu: Data>Form Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Barney" wrote: > I have 20 cells values that must be input to a ...

Otlook forms
Hi, MS Outlook 2000. In my MS Outlook 2000 I have created some custom forms for contacs. Every of the form has some additional fields, which I use during a contact with the person in question. Unfortunately, I had a comp crash. But I have a backup, made before the crash happend. When I have recreated the environment at a new machine, and imported there the contact list in question, I have quickly found out that the additional information entered via my custom forms into a contact has been imported along with normal data, and is is great. But what worries me is how to migrate the forms the...

Outlook XP and VPN
My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? "=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:915F9EA9-C3F8-42E9-A6E2-611B7AA19773@microsoft.com: > My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. > Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they > see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? What do you mean by "can't ...

UPGRADE XP HOME to XP PRO SP2
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? Either uninstall SP3 from Home Edition or slipstream SP3 into your XP Pro installation media and create a new installation CD. -- -- "LURKER" <feelingdumb@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:uCoY16PdKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. > > I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 > > How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? there is very little difference between ...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...