XP themed controls, how to disable them for a library ?

Hi,

I have this MFC application that uses an old library containing some
controls (stingray objective grid)
The application is a non unicode application.
I recently tried to have windows xp themed controls by embedding a
manifest, I tried it normally as with the ISOLATION_AWARE_ENABLED flag
as described on MSDN.
All seems fine, except the controls from the stingray library which
contain controls derived from standard windows controls (CEdit, etc).
For instance clicking on a textbox like control cause japanese and
nonprintable charachters to appear in the textbox.
Rather than trying to fix this library, is there a way to force this
library to use the old controls (from user32.dll)
while have themed controls in the rest of my application ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,

Michael Verschaeve

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't know of any way to get XP themed controls on part of your
application.  I'm surprised the Objective Grid doesn't work with these
though.  I haven't used Objective Grid for many years, but their site still
seems to be active: http://www.roguewave.com/stingray/stingray.cfm.  Perhaps
someone there could give you more insight.

Tom

"Michael" <Michael.Verschaeve@telenet.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have this MFC application that uses an old library containing some
> controls (stingray objective grid)
> The application is a non unicode application.
> I recently tried to have windows xp themed controls by embedding a
> manifest, I tried it normally as with the ISOLATION_AWARE_ENABLED flag
> as described on MSDN.
> All seems fine, except the controls from the stingray library which
> contain controls derived from standard windows controls (CEdit, etc).
> For instance clicking on a textbox like control cause japanese and
> nonprintable charachters to appear in the textbox.
> Rather than trying to fix this library, is there a way to force this
> library to use the old controls (from user32.dll)
> while have themed controls in the rest of my application ?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Michael Verschaeve

0
tom.nospam (3240)

Assign control source in code
I have been assigning the control source to my reports in code like this: If Me!ClientID = "ABC" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "rptABC", acViewDesign Reports!rptABC.RecordSource = "qryABC" DoCmd.Save acReport, "rptABC" DoCmd.OpenReport "rptABC", acViewPreview Else... However, I need to convert the database to an mde file, thus removing the ability to go into design view. Is there another way to assign the control source of a report in code? This way will not work with an mde file because it trie...

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Can I add a control to a menu entry?
Hello out there, I want to provide the option to clone GUI elements. I envision a context menu with an entry like Clone - Horizontally - ?How many? - Vertically - ?How many? and in the entry marked as ?How many? above I would like to add a NumericUpDown. Is something like this possible? Best regards Helmut Giese "Helmut Giese" <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote in message news:ebksh5pel5o98dc3jqgpr6dh26necilkq9@4ax.com... > Hello out there, > I want to provide the option to clone GUI elements. I envision a > context menu with an entry like &g...

How do I disable the automatic "help" popping up?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, Every time my husband makes a typing error, the Excel Help, or Word Help, appears on the screen. In earlier versions of Office, you could disable the Help Assistant (which was called something else); the only thing I can see for Office Mac is to uncheck online help. Is that the same thing? Or will it only result in the screen being for computer-based help? I just want no screen at all to appear. Thanks, Marg ...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

I want to disable the auto hyperlink feature.
I have a spreadsheet with lots of hyperlink-like data (but that are not actually hyperlinks) that is edited frequently. It is very frustrating when excel decides to auto-format the data into a hyperlink, especially because right clicking on it and picking "remove hyperlink" also removes ALL formatting for that cell. How can I disable the auto hyperlink feature? (I already searched the forum and there are other messages which looked hopeful but the threads cannot be displayed) You can type an apostrophe at the start of the entry, and Excel won't create a hyperlink. For example...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Error 429
I am getting the error "Error 429: activeX component can't create object". Here is all the code (it executes when I click on a control in a form): Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim sock1 As Winsock Set sock1 = New Winsock sock1.RemotePort = 1000 End Sub Any insight would be appreciated ...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Putting Bitmap into a Dialog Picture Control
I am trying to use a Picture Control (from the dialog editor) to display various bitmaps as my program is running. The general approach is to get the control (pWindow), load a bitmap from a resource (pBitmap) and call my DrawBitmap function. Everything appears to work well but no bitmap is drawn. BTW, my Picture Control is of type "Frame" and it is visible. As an aside, I don't seem to be able to find much documentation on Picture Control. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I would definitely consider another approach if this is doing it the hard way. Bob Curry void...

256 Character Limit on Edit Box Control/ODBC MFC App
Hi I’m developing a SDI project that allows a user to edit text in a MSSQL7 database table. This is achieved via ODBC through an edit box control. I'm using Visual C++ 6 on Windows 2000 Server, but will shortly be carrying on the project on NT4 workstatio The data type on the db field is varchar (2000) and the VC++ member variable type for the edit control is CString value with validation - again 2000 characters However I've found that whenever over 256 characters are entered an error is returned i.e: 'Please enter no more than 256 characters. Using the debugger I've tra...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

Sending Ctrl + Numeric+ to a list control...?
Hi all, As I'm sure most of you know, if you hit Ctrl and Numeric + (VK_ADD) within a (report style) list control the list control will auto-resize the column headers. (At least it does this under XP - not sure about other OS's). Quite a nice feature - which is why I was surprised to find that this functionality is not exposed within CListCtrl itself. Or is it...? I had tried previously to programmatically fake the Ctrl + AK_ADD key combination but with no luck... I focused mainly on sending messages (WM_CHAR, WM_KEYDOWN, etc.) and keyboard events (keybd_event() and SendInput()), but...

Shift/Control Key locked
I need help!!! I am creating an Excel worksheet (XP) and my settings seem to have changed. when I select an individual cell, Excel is selecting several cells at the same time, as if I have the Shift/Control key down at the same time, even though I don't?? Also, when I have the caps lock on, it prints lower case and vice versa. This has only just happened, I have been using Excel all morning. What can I do to rectify it??? Any urgent help would be appreciated. Thank you. Louise Try this, Louise: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/cursor_keeps_selecting_cells_in_microsoft_excel....

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

AfxDaoInit fails on Win XP SP2
Hi, after deinstalling some test applications and then installing the Win XP SP2 a call to AfxDaoInit() fails with a CDaoException. This usually means that the Jet is missing. Windows however reports that the Jet is now part of the system so its not possible to install the latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP as well. Any idea how to check the presence of the Jet and solve the issue? Thank you for your time and help. Regards Thomas Trick ...

CONSTRAINT to disable the update of some values
Hello, I have a a table with data from some operations. The status (char(2)) of the operations can be changed. But there are some status that are "final" and should not be changed. Is there a way the create a constraint that checks the previous status? So if the previous is, for example, "fi" (final), won't allow an update? Thanks!!! -- ____________________________ Carlos Sosa Albert You cannot do this with a constraint. You would need a trigger. Tom "Carlos Sosa Albert" <betun (arroba) hotmail> wrote in message news:586FA...

Outlook XP and VPN
My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? "=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:915F9EA9-C3F8-42E9-A6E2-611B7AA19773@microsoft.com: > My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. > Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they > see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? What do you mean by "can't ...

UPGRADE XP HOME to XP PRO SP2
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? Either uninstall SP3 from Home Edition or slipstream SP3 into your XP Pro installation media and create a new installation CD. -- -- "LURKER" <feelingdumb@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:uCoY16PdKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. > > I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 > > How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? there is very little difference between ...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...