XP styles and Unicode in VS 2005

I need to use XP style in my MFC projects.
My projects are not UNICODE.
In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles.
I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not able to use XP
styles.

Is it possible to use XP styles in NOT UNICODE projects in VS 2005?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"BobbyJones" <BobbyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to use XP style in my MFC projects.
> My projects are not UNICODE.
> In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles.
> I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not able to use XP
> styles.
>
> Is it possible to use XP styles in NOT UNICODE projects in VS 2005?

I don't think UNICODE has anything to do with it.  I don't know for sure,
but when I imported my VS6 project into VS2005, it ignored the MANIFEST
resource I had manually put into the .rc file.  There is a new Manifest
section in the project properties, and there was a conflict with that one.
I don't remember how I solved it, but it involved ignoring the VS2005 one
and keeping my manual one (or vice versa).

HTH,
David

0
dc2983 (3206)

Money 2005 bug in loan amortization?
I may have found one. In Money on my mortgage I clicked on the link on the left that says "Analyze Loan". The table that then displays looks errant. For example, next month the principal is $178, in January it's $149, in February $150, then in Martch it's $239. To my knowledge on a thirty year fixed note, the principal is a small amount at the front end of the loan and then ever so slighty increases from month to month until you cross over about 2/3rds of the way into the loan with the prinicipal amount becoming more than the interest. This jumping all about just d...

Financial series vs Sales Series
This may or may not be an unusual question, but when I have to do something in GP 9.0 like a utility and it tells me that everyone 'has to be out of the system to do so', does this include anyone who is doing something 'strictly with the financials?' I had told my employer one day that he would have to get out of the system so I could take care of what he requested that I take care of and he said he wasn't doing anything with sales or inventory, just working on the 'financial side' and he shouldn't have to get out. Because of my instance that it would o...

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

2 Qs re W2007 Styles, AutoCorrect
Q1: How do I delete styles that I've made? I don't mean delete from a document: I mean delete from the system. E.g. when I open a new document, and expand the Styles drop down list (click in lower right-hand corner of Styles group), old unwanted styles appear on the list. I delete them (I've tried deleting them directly from the list and from the Manage Styles window), but that only deletes them from that document: I open a new document and there they are again. I don't want to hide them, I want to delete them. Q2: Is there a way to work directly with the dic...

How do I create Page 1 of X style page numbers?
I wish to create page numbers that automatically update themselves in this format: Page 1 of X (i.e. a 10 page document would say Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, etc). Can this be done in Publisher automatically? Go to the master page, type *page* before the # and *of 10* after the #. (Without the asterisk) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paresh" <Paresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BEFAA8-6EFD-48DC-ABAC-F117296BF0B1@microsoft.com... >I wish to create page numbers that automa...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

AddMenuItem in VS toolkit for gp 9.0.
I'm trying to convert the event handler on p. 48 of the Programmer's Guide of the visual studio toolkit from C# to VB but I'm not having much luck. Here's the example given: C# Dynamics.Forms.SOPEntry.AddMenuHandler(OpenEstimateFreight, "Estimate Freight", "F"); static void OpenEstimateFreight(object sender, EventArgs e) { ....trimmed... //Always show and activate the WinForm EstimateFreightForm.Show(); EstimateFreightForm.Activate(); } Here's what I tried: VB Dynamics.Forms.SOPEntry.AddMenuHandler(OpenEstimateFreight, "Estimate Freight",...

AfxDaoInit fails on Win XP SP2
Hi, after deinstalling some test applications and then installing the Win XP SP2 a call to AfxDaoInit() fails with a CDaoException. This usually means that the Jet is missing. Windows however reports that the Jet is now part of the system so its not possible to install the latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP as well. Any idea how to check the presence of the Jet and solve the issue? Thank you for your time and help. Regards Thomas Trick ...

help! can't get money 2005 to import my money 2001 file
i bought a new computer and was using money 2001 - i have 4 years worth of data. i transferred the file to my new computer with money 2005 and it'll "convert" the file, but i can't see where the data is displayed. it says i have no accounts created...???? where is my data? is 2005 so different that i can't even FIND my data? please help- i have no idea what my bank balance is... File>Open. Find old file. It will make a copy as MXX, where XX is the version number (08? don't remember), then convert the original to the new version. If it looks like it started,...

Outlook XP and VPN
My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? "=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:915F9EA9-C3F8-42E9-A6E2-611B7AA19773@microsoft.com: > My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. > Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they > see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? What do you mean by "can't ...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...

Deleting Styles From Organizer
I am directly formatting paragraphs using Ctrl m (changing indents), Ctrl t (changing tabbing), Ctrl i, Ctrl b, (font formatting) and Ctrl 1, 2 and 3 for paragraph after settings, etc., etc. After setting up all the formatting I create a new style – Cs – which now incorporates all that formatting into the actual style formatting. I then use the following macro to now make all of these formatting attributes to be incorporated into a pre-existing style which has attributes I don't want but which I have to use (company protocol). [I use the direct formatting because it's ...

UPGRADE XP HOME to XP PRO SP2
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? Either uninstall SP3 from Home Edition or slipstream SP3 into your XP Pro installation media and create a new installation CD. -- -- "LURKER" <feelingdumb@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:uCoY16PdKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. > > I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 > > How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? there is very little difference between ...

Outlook 2002 or XP
I am interested in buying a laptop and having it sync with my desktop when I return home from trips. Is there a way to have Outlook sync all files so that they are identical to the desktop automatically? I don't want to have to import export files each time. I would like both computers on a wireless network to update to the most recent data without manual intervention. Similar to a Ipaq or Pocket PC. Thanks, Dave Dave, Refer to this article from Slipstick: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Chris Schatte use the Office Online web based newsreader here: http://www.micr...

windows xp & firewall.
Help please--My wife's thinkpad has xp home, serv pack3. No matter how many times I enable windows firewall it always is turned off when I reboot. I go to security center and set it. I also set it thru my wireless connection. But sure enough when I reboot I get the little red shield in the tray telling me no firewall. Any ideas? Thankyou for any and all help. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ HANGMAN wrote: > Help please--My wife's thinkpad has xp home, serv pack3. No matter > how many times I enable windows f...

E2K3 Auto-Accepts Scripts vs. Direct Booking
Hello, I'm looking for feedback from others around resource scheduling/calendars, conf rooms, etc. Back in the Ex5.5 day, early on we use Auto-Accept scripts, however MS did not support them. These scripts also didn't work very well, so we later switched to Direct Booking. Now we are on E2K3 and still using Direct Booking ... we've noticed some issues with calendaring and just recently learned the MS now supports Auto-Accepts scripts (event sink) on E2K3 and this will apparently eliminate some problems we are seeing with disappearing meetings, delegates, etc. So, my questions: ...