XP 64 bit and Power Schemes

Hi,

I have a 32 bit application that creates custom power schemes using Windows
API calls (Ex. WritePwrScheme). From what I understand, I should be able to
use the 32 bit exe as it is on an x64 environment (The WOW abstraction is
supposed to do the translation). I am seeing the following behavior:

1. WritePwrScheme call returns 1 (Success)

2. A power scheme entry gets created with a new index value under
HKCU\Control Panel\PowerCfg\PowerPolicies (looks similar to the existing OS
ones).

3. However none of them (my schemes) show up in the OS power options.
Further if the index  of this new scheme is say 11, it gets listed in the
registry after 0 and 1 and somehow seems to be causing a problem with
anyother scheme below that showing up as well. So the power options will only
show the 0 and 1 schemes (Home/Office Desk and Portable/Laptop).

Any idea what is going on? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Priya

0
Priko (1)
7/27/2006 2:29:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Priya,

Thank you posting!

This newsgroup is focus on the MFC programming issue.

I think this issue is more appropriate to post in the Windows XP platform
specific or SDK newsgroup, you would get more specific help there.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

v-garych (605)

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

Power Point 2007
Have Office 2000 - which doesn't have PPS - I have downloaded the viewer - and when I receive an email with PPS - I cannot open - have to save to desktop and have no problem opening once it has been saved - My question is - is there anyway that I can add the viewer to the "open with" - because when I click on the item - cannot locate and takes me to website - Thanks for any help "Ginnie" <Ginnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CA225F4-56CE-48FF-A2DE-767C2C674E28@microsoft.com... > Have Office 2000 - which doesn't have PPS ...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

AfxDaoInit fails on Win XP SP2
Hi, after deinstalling some test applications and then installing the Win XP SP2 a call to AfxDaoInit() fails with a CDaoException. This usually means that the Jet is missing. Windows however reports that the Jet is now part of the system so its not possible to install the latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP as well. Any idea how to check the presence of the Jet and solve the issue? Thank you for your time and help. Regards Thomas Trick ...

Outlook XP and VPN
My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? "=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:915F9EA9-C3F8-42E9-A6E2-611B7AA19773@microsoft.com: > My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. > Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they > see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? What do you mean by "can't ...

UPGRADE XP HOME to XP PRO SP2
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? Either uninstall SP3 from Home Edition or slipstream SP3 into your XP Pro installation media and create a new installation CD. -- -- "LURKER" <feelingdumb@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:uCoY16PdKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. > > I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 > > How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? there is very little difference between ...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...

Outlook 2002 or XP
I am interested in buying a laptop and having it sync with my desktop when I return home from trips. Is there a way to have Outlook sync all files so that they are identical to the desktop automatically? I don't want to have to import export files each time. I would like both computers on a wireless network to update to the most recent data without manual intervention. Similar to a Ipaq or Pocket PC. Thanks, Dave Dave, Refer to this article from Slipstick: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Chris Schatte use the Office Online web based newsreader here: http://www.micr...

windows xp & firewall.
Help please--My wife's thinkpad has xp home, serv pack3. No matter how many times I enable windows firewall it always is turned off when I reboot. I go to security center and set it. I also set it thru my wireless connection. But sure enough when I reboot I get the little red shield in the tray telling me no firewall. Any ideas? Thankyou for any and all help. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ HANGMAN wrote: > Help please--My wife's thinkpad has xp home, serv pack3. No matter > how many times I enable windows f...

Money 99 and Windows XP SP2
Hi folks. After updating Windows XP with SP2, my old loved Microsoft Money 99 stop working. When I try to open the program, nothing happends. It appears in the processes list for a moment and then disapears. Any idea? Try reinstalling the program, SP2 may have overwritten some settings that Money 99 wanted. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.mic...

Outlook 2002 (XP) Holidays for 2006
How do you get the holidays added to your outlook calender for 2006? When I do the Holiday Add-in under options it says it can only add holidays for years 2001 - 2005. Is there anyway to add the 2006 holidays? Thanks in advance. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Lisa Beach asked: | How do you get the holidays added to your outlook calender for 2006? | When I d...

Publisher in XP Pro 2002
We are using XP Pro 2002 in our office and I am wondering why Publisher is not offered as one of the choices. -- IOG122 The choices for what? Did you ask your IT department if they installed it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "IOG122" <IOG122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23338370-5002-4394-A028-FE0AE0C2859B@microsoft.com... > We are using XP Pro 2002 in our office and I am wondering why Publisher is > not offered as one of the choices. > -- > IOG122 Publis...

Outlook 2007 + windows XP
I get this error: 0x80042112 when I try to download mail. Help Me!!!! It's likely an issue with antivirus/firewall/security suite. Disable the integration with Outlook, make an exception for Outlook on the firewall, and try again. Please post back to let us know how you make out. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Simbo" wrote: > I get this error: 0x80042112 when I try to download mail. > > Help Me!!!! Remove the email acct. Close outlook, make sure its closed in Task manager and then...

XP/sp3 and xp/sp2
The machine came with XP/SP3. Is there a way to revert from XP/SP3 to XP/SP2? Thanks for any help. Uninstall SP3. Sunny T. wrote: > The machine came with XP/SP3. > > Is there a way to revert from XP/SP3 to XP/SP2? > > Thanks for any help. > > No, not if SP3 isn't in the Add/Remove Programs. "Sunny T." <Sunny@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ur6$EqHaKHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The machine came with XP/SP3. > > Is there a way to revert from XP/SP3 to XP/SP2? > > Thanks for any help. N...

Outlook (Office XP) #3
I have set up my Outlook on my home PC to mirror the setup of my email account at church. I have made this email account the default account but cannot send a test message or get any in box messages to show (there are few message in the in box). I would like to be able to check for emails on my church address from home without having to connect to a church PC. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > I have set up my Outlook on my home PC to mirror the setup of my email > account at church. I have made this email account the default account &g...

XP Look in VC7 apps
I tried to follow the information I could read about using the new comctrl32.dll (v6) to access the XP look and feel, but it seems not to be working well. Where could I find more information on this subject? Thanks Jacques I went to Google, typed in "Microsoft XP Visual Style" and then pressed "Search". http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xptheming.asp "Jacques Abada" <Jacques.Abada(supprimerceci)@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bn0a04$b6p$1@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr... > I tried to follow the information I ...