XML and MFC

Hello guys,

What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to
integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation
anywhere, please post me a link to it.

Thank you in advance! :-)

0
gt2990 (27)
6/8/2004 6:01:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yea, I wanna know it too. Who would give a hand?
0
anonymous (74717)
6/8/2004 6:26:02 AM
> What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to
> integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation
> anywhere, please post me a link to it.

After digging left and right, I remained with two main options:
 - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:
   should be installed and registerd, all the registry mess
 - Xerces (xml.apache.org). Open source, cross-platform,
   binding to C++, Java & Perl, install == copy some DLLs

Do I need to tell which one is my prefered choice? ;-)

--
Mihai
-------------------------
"Mihai N." <nmihai_year_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to
> > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation
> > anywhere, please post me a link to it.
>
> After digging left and right, I remained with two main options:
>  - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:
>    should be installed and registerd, all the registry mess
>  - Xerces (xml.apache.org). Open source, cross-platform,
>    binding to C++, Java & Perl, install == copy some DLLs
>
> Do I need to tell which one is my prefered choice? ;-)

I guess you don't need to :-))) Anyway, could you please additionaly give me
some info on pure XML logic, generally, how does it work?
Best!

0
gt2990 (27)
6/8/2004 7:07:10 AM
Check out TinyXML when you want a rather simple solution (e.g. you don't
need validation).

We used it as our file writer/reader.

 --- stefkeB ---

"Mihai N." <nmihai_year_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to
> > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation
> > anywhere, please post me a link to it.
>
> After digging left and right, I remained with two main options:
>  - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:
>    should be installed and registerd, all the registry mess
>  - Xerces (xml.apache.org). Open source, cross-platform,
>    binding to C++, Java & Perl, install == copy some DLLs
>
> Do I need to tell which one is my prefered choice? ;-)
>
> --
> Mihai
> -------------------------
> Replace _year_ with _ to get the real email

0
stefkeB (8)
6/8/2004 9:20:21 AM
Try: http://www.w3schools.com/

Balboos

Gelmir Tinehtel� wrote:
> "Mihai N." <nmihai_year_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>>What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to
>>>integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation
>>>anywhere, please post me a link to it.
>>
>>After digging left and right, I remained with two main options:
>> - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:
>>   should be installed and registerd, all the registry mess
>> - Xerces (xml.apache.org). Open source, cross-platform,
>>   binding to C++, Java & Perl, install == copy some DLLs
>>
>>Do I need to tell which one is my prefered choice? ;-)
>>

> I guess you don't need to :-))) Anyway, could you please additionaly give me
> some info on pure XML logic, generally, how does it work?
> Best!

0
balboos (139)
6/8/2004 12:14:01 PM
"Balboos" <balboos@masonicbrother.com.No.Spam> wrote in message
> Try: http://www.w3schools.com/
>
> Balboos

Thank you! Very valuable info, especially for XML beginners, like me.
Regards!

0
gt2990 (27)
6/8/2004 4:02:05 PM
I've been using the EXPAT system (open source). I've only used it in incremental mode, not
to build a DOM, but it can be used in both modes.
				joe
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:01:18 +0200, "Gelmir Tinehtel�" <gt@nospam.com> wrote:

>Hello guys,
>
>What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to
>integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation
>anywhere, please post me a link to it.
>
>Thank you in advance! :-)

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
6/8/2004 6:09:30 PM
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:07:10 UTC, "Gelmir Tinehtel�" <gt@nospam.com> wrote:

> "Mihai N." <nmihai_year_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to
> > > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation
> > > anywhere, please post me a link to it.
> >
> > After digging left and right, I remained with two main options:
> >  - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:
> >    should be installed and registerd, all the registry mess
> >  - Xerces (xml.apache.org). Open source, cross-platform,
> >    binding to C++, Java & Perl, install == copy some DLLs
> >
> > Do I need to tell which one is my prefered choice? ;-)
> >

> I guess you don't need to :-))) Anyway, could you please additionaly give me
> some info on pure XML logic, generally, how does it work?
> Best!

  I'll add that someone, forgot who, pointed me to Jabber XML library.
I was looking more for XML packets in streams and parsers like MSXML
didn't seem to like that concept.  Still learning it though.  I'm
not thrilled with the solutions found thus far.  Way too much parsing
overhead.

  David
> I guess you don't need to :-))) Anyway, could you please additionaly give
me
> some info on pure XML logic, generally, how does it work?

http://www.w3schools.com/ is great, indeed. I didn't know about it. Thanks.

My advice would be to dig and understand the two main models: SAX and DOM.
Most XML parsers will implement both or only one.

What helped me was using Perl with Xerces.
I was able to try all kind of ideas fast, test my understanding,
writing small scripts instead of compiling a C++ application.

When I am not sure about something and the info is contradictory,
I always "use the source": http://www.w3c.org/

--
Mihai
-------------------------

http://www.firstobject.com/dn_markup.htm

Tom

"Gelmir Tinehtel�" <gt@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello guys,
>
> What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to
> integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation
> anywhere, please post me a link to it.
>
> Thank you in advance! :-)

0
tserface (3860)

How to add Dynamically Menu in SDI application in MFC
Hello EveryOne, I am new in MFC. I would like to ask about How to add Dynamically Menu in SDI application in MFC? I require stepwise information starting from how to create SDI application in MFC to Dyanmically Add Menu in SDI Thank You in advance I know You will help me....... kotakmayurr@gmail.com wrote: > Hello EveryOne, > > I am new in MFC. I would like to ask about How to > add Dynamically Menu in SDI application in MFC? > I require stepwise information starting from how to create SDI > application in MFC to Dyanmic...

XML Header

MFC & OPC Server
Anyone know what tools I need to exchange data with an OPC server running on the same PC using C++ MFC? Thanks Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- Don't have much detail about OPC servers, but a google search revealed these: http://software.techrepublic.com.com/download.aspx?docid=282369 http://www.metadynamics.com/IndustrialAutomationGroup.htm AliR. "Ron H." <rnh@mmm.com> wrote in message news:46cb2710$0$22557$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binarie...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

String to xml document

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

adding class to MFC wizard
Hello, When you create a MFC application with the wizard in VS.Net, at the end you can select what particular kind of view class you want to inherit from. I would like to be able to select my own special view class I have made. How can I add it to the list so the wizard will show it up? ...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

http xml post
Hi I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and send response back. But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a single key" I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Cindy "CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:eg9EfjVsIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). > > In my t...

Problem creating XML file...
Hi all! I'm trying to create this XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Build type="Daily" sync="True" compile="True" assemble="True" > <Sync version="1.0.0.0" branch="QA"> <Directories basePath="//OpicsPlus/Source/Release" /> </Sync> </Build> For this, I'm trying to use the code below: private static BuildConfiguration SaveXML(XmlDocument xml, string fileName) { // Creates the nodelist XmlNodeList nodeList; XmlElement user = xml.Docume...

MFC and sqlext.h
HI All, i'm going to write a MFC program with dialogs and other components. but i have also class connecting with database throught ODBC. and i would like do it without MFC CRecoedset mechanism. I would like to do it directly from API using sqlext.h and sql.h headers. But i have problem with linking it . Compilator return errors "unresolved names" for functions from API such as SQLAllocEnv or SQLAllocConnect. Is there any way to use not MFC connecting with DB in MFC application?? thanks for all letters. best regards yopwojtek Are you linking with odbc32.lib? When you i...

writing an xml inside XmlReader or XPathDocument to a file.xml
I believe this should be pretty elementary, but for some reason I cannot seem to think of how to write the an XML file from an incoming XML file. Basically this is what I do: Input: XmlReader instance from another module (beyond my control) Operations: XPathDocument = new XPathDocument(XmlReader); Then translation using XslTransform and output into XML2.xml NOW THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO: How can I ALSO write the Incoming XmlReader to a file ? I need this to help debug issues with the incoming file. So in essence I want to be able to take an XmlReader or XPathDocument and write it...

XML vs. SQL Database
I am developing a home project to be later released as an online application. I am currently using XML to store game data, user/member data, and other. Assuming a user base of 10,000 active users, is there a conflict if one user is updating information and another user is creating data on the same xml file? For example: User 1: update inventory that exists in the XML file User 2: new user adding their inventory data in the XML file Thanks for your help. Michael "Michael Jesse" <michaeljesse1973@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:tUVDd.13357$iC4.7938@newssvr30.news....

XML Import to MM2000
Please bear with me if I ask a question that has been previously addresssed by this group, to which I am new! Is it possible to import to MM2000 a file with extension .FXXML? My bank provides account transactions in that and .CSV formats only and I can only find reference in MM2000 to .OFC and .OFX files. Thanks in advance for any information. Dave "David Spencer" <dispencernomorespam@a1.net> wrote in message news:403b5e78$0$28382$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > Please bear with me if I ask a question that has been previously addresssed > by this ...