WM_ENDSESSION problems after Lock PC

Hello,

I have a mfc application running as a service. When a user locks the PC (XP) 
and then an administrator unlocks the PC (this logs off the user forcefully) 
the CWnd::OnEndsession function gets called.  I retrieve the mesage and 
check  lParam to check whether it is a shutdown or a logoff :

const MSG* msg = GetCurrentMessage();

 msg->lParam  is  0 , falsely indicating that it is a shutdown

Is there a way how to handle that situation so that my app knows that it is 
not a shutdown of  a PC ? Normal Logoff\ Logon works correctly.

Lubo




0
Lubo (2)
1/26/2006 2:08:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
918 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 48

Hi,

Well, in a console process, the control handler should receive
the control signal CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT when the user logs off, or
if your process receives the windows message WM_USERCHANGED, if
your process has a window, this message is sent to all windows
after the user has logged on or off.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/handlerroutine.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/windows/windowreference/windowmessages/wm_userchanged.asp

Hope these information helps,

Kellie.

0
1/26/2006 4:29:12 PM
Hi Lubo,
Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup!

Based on the current scenario, please help me confirm the following 
information: Whether or not GetCurrentMessage method returns the 
WM_ENDSESSION message correctly? From my understanding, the reason you use 
GetCurrentMessage method is that OnEndsession in MFC doesn't provide the 
LPARAM for you. 
I suggest you could try the following way to pass the LPARAM to 
WM_ENDSESSION handler directly:
1. Write a WM_ ENDSESSION handler. The handler prototype is as follows:
void CMyWnd::EndSessionHandler(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
{	

	// TODO: handle this message
	//use lParam 
}

2. Override the WindowProc virtual method and detect whether or not the 
message is WM_ENDSESSION. If so, redirect the message to above handler. If 
not, use OnWndMsg method to do the default message mapping. Please refer to 
following code:
LRESULT CMyWnd::WindowProc(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
{
	if (message == WM_ENDSESSION)
	{
		//redirect the WM_ENDSESSION to your handler
		this->EndSessionHandler(wParam, lParam);
		return 1;
	}
	else
	{
	// OnWndMsg does most of the work, except for DefWindowProc call
	LRESULT lResult = 0;
	if (!OnWndMsg(message, wParam, lParam, &lResult))
		lResult = DefWindowProc(message, wParam, lParam);
	return lResult;
	}
}

I hope the above information is helpful for you. If you have any questions, 
please feel free to let me know. Thanks and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Terry Fei [MSFT] 
Microsoft Community Support
Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security



--------------------
>From: "Lubo" <Lubo@newsgroups.nospam>
>Subject: WM_ENDSESSION problems after Lock PC
>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:08:01 +0100
>Lines: 19
>X-Priority: 3
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2670
>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>Message-ID: <e#g2sHoIGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>
>Newsgroups: 
microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
>NNTP-Posting-Host: static-dupdsl-179.195-146-153.telecom.sk 195.146.153.179
>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel:37421 
microsoft.public.vc.mfc:464860
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
>
>Hello,
>
>I have a mfc application running as a service. When a user locks the PC 
(XP) 
>and then an administrator unlocks the PC (this logs off the user 
forcefully) 
>the CWnd::OnEndsession function gets called.  I retrieve the mesage and 
>check  lParam to check whether it is a shutdown or a logoff :
>
>const MSG* msg = GetCurrentMessage();
>
> msg->lParam  is  0 , falsely indicating that it is a shutdown
>
>Is there a way how to handle that situation so that my app knows that it 
is 
>not a shutdown of  a PC ? Normal Logoff\ Logon works correctly.
>
>Lubo
>
>
>
>
>

0
v-terryf (64)
1/27/2006 3:24:24 AM
Add ON_MESSAGE handler to catch WM_ENDSESSION in your MainFrame, this will 
get you its lParam and wParam.

"Lubo" <Lubo@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message 
news:e%23g2sHoIGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I have a mfc application running as a service. When a user locks the PC 
> (XP) and then an administrator unlocks the PC (this logs off the user 
> forcefully) the CWnd::OnEndsession function gets called.  I retrieve the 
> mesage and check  lParam to check whether it is a shutdown or a logoff :
>
> const MSG* msg = GetCurrentMessage();
>
> msg->lParam  is  0 , falsely indicating that it is a shutdown
>
> Is there a way how to handle that situation so that my app knows that it 
> is not a shutdown of  a PC ? Normal Logoff\ Logon works correctly.
>
> Lubo
>
>
>
> 


0
alegr (1131)
1/27/2006 6:08:58 AM
Hi,

Thanks for you answers. The message is really WM_ENDSESSION so I don't think 
it has a sense to try another handlers (or do you thing the message lParam 
could get corrupted ?).
It works OK in differentiating between shutdown and normal logon\logoff 
operations. The only case it is not working in is after forced unlocking 
(and automatic logoff of a prevoius user) and logon of an administrator .

Lubo


""TerryFei"" <v-terryf@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:cppgLFvIGHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl...
> Hi Lubo,
> Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup!
>
> Based on the current scenario, please help me confirm the following
> information: Whether or not GetCurrentMessage method returns the
> WM_ENDSESSION message correctly? From my understanding, the reason you use
> GetCurrentMessage method is that OnEndsession in MFC doesn't provide the
> LPARAM for you.
> I suggest you could try the following way to pass the LPARAM to
> WM_ENDSESSION handler directly:
> 1. Write a WM_ ENDSESSION handler. The handler prototype is as follows:
> void CMyWnd::EndSessionHandler(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
> {
>
> // TODO: handle this message
> //use lParam
> }
>
> 2. Override the WindowProc virtual method and detect whether or not the
> message is WM_ENDSESSION. If so, redirect the message to above handler. If
> not, use OnWndMsg method to do the default message mapping. Please refer 
> to
> following code:
> LRESULT CMyWnd::WindowProc(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
> {
> if (message == WM_ENDSESSION)
> {
> //redirect the WM_ENDSESSION to your handler
> this->EndSessionHandler(wParam, lParam);
> return 1;
> }
> else
> {
> // OnWndMsg does most of the work, except for DefWindowProc call
> LRESULT lResult = 0;
> if (!OnWndMsg(message, wParam, lParam, &lResult))
> lResult = DefWindowProc(message, wParam, lParam);
> return lResult;
> }
> }
>
> I hope the above information is helpful for you. If you have any 
> questions,
> please feel free to let me know. Thanks and have a nice day!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Terry Fei [MSFT]
> Microsoft Community Support
> Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
>
> --------------------
>>From: "Lubo" <Lubo@newsgroups.nospam>
>>Subject: WM_ENDSESSION problems after Lock PC
>>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:08:01 +0100
>>Lines: 19
>>X-Priority: 3
>>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670
>>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2670
>>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>>Message-ID: <e#g2sHoIGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>
>>Newsgroups:
> microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
>>NNTP-Posting-Host: static-dupdsl-179.195-146-153.telecom.sk 
>>195.146.153.179
>>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
>>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel:37421
> microsoft.public.vc.mfc:464860
>>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a mfc application running as a service. When a user locks the PC
> (XP)
>>and then an administrator unlocks the PC (this logs off the user
> forcefully)
>>the CWnd::OnEndsession function gets called.  I retrieve the mesage and
>>check  lParam to check whether it is a shutdown or a logoff :
>>
>>const MSG* msg = GetCurrentMessage();
>>
>> msg->lParam  is  0 , falsely indicating that it is a shutdown
>>
>>Is there a way how to handle that situation so that my app knows that it
> is
>>not a shutdown of  a PC ? Normal Logoff\ Logon works correctly.
>>
>>Lubo
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> 


0
Lubo (2)
1/27/2006 9:14:51 AM
Hi Lubo,
Thanks for your quick response! : )

After consulting, we know WM_QUERYENDSESSION & WM_ENDSESSION only could 
differentiate between shutdown and normal logon\logoff. In current 
scenario, these messages couldn't work well on the special case just like 
what you list in your previous post. I'll forward your feedback to the 
relevant team and keep an eye out for it in the future. We are looking at 
continual improvement, and it's this kind of feedback that let's know what 
things you're trying to do, that we haven't yet exposed for you. Thanks for 
your understanding!

Best Regards,

Terry Fei [MSFT] 
Microsoft Community Support
Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

--------------------
>Reply-To: "Lubo" <Lubo@newsgroups.nospam>
>From: "Lubo" <Lubo@newsgroups.nospam>
>References: <e#g2sHoIGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl> 
<cppgLFvIGHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl>
>Subject: Re: WM_ENDSESSION problems after Lock PC
>Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:14:51 +0100
>Lines: 111
>X-Priority: 3
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2670
>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>Message-ID: <eh#AqIyIGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>
>Newsgroups: 
microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
>NNTP-Posting-Host: static-dupdsl-179.195-146-153.telecom.sk 195.146.153.179
>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel:37466 
microsoft.public.vc.mfc:464946
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
>
>Hi,
>
>Thanks for you answers. The message is really WM_ENDSESSION so I don't 
think 
>it has a sense to try another handlers (or do you thing the message lParam 
>could get corrupted ?).
>It works OK in differentiating between shutdown and normal logon\logoff 
>operations. The only case it is not working in is after forced unlocking 
>(and automatic logoff of a prevoius user) and logon of an administrator .
>
>Lubo
>
>
>""TerryFei"" <v-terryf@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>news:cppgLFvIGHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Lubo,
>> Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup!
>>
>> Based on the current scenario, please help me confirm the following
>> information: Whether or not GetCurrentMessage method returns the
>> WM_ENDSESSION message correctly? From my understanding, the reason you 
use
>> GetCurrentMessage method is that OnEndsession in MFC doesn't provide the
>> LPARAM for you.
>> I suggest you could try the following way to pass the LPARAM to
>> WM_ENDSESSION handler directly:
>> 1. Write a WM_ ENDSESSION handler. The handler prototype is as follows:
>> void CMyWnd::EndSessionHandler(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
>> {
>>
>> // TODO: handle this message
>> //use lParam
>> }
>>
>> 2. Override the WindowProc virtual method and detect whether or not the
>> message is WM_ENDSESSION. If so, redirect the message to above handler. 
If
>> not, use OnWndMsg method to do the default message mapping. Please refer 
>> to
>> following code:
>> LRESULT CMyWnd::WindowProc(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
>> {
>> if (message == WM_ENDSESSION)
>> {
>> //redirect the WM_ENDSESSION to your handler
>> this->EndSessionHandler(wParam, lParam);
>> return 1;
>> }
>> else
>> {
>> // OnWndMsg does most of the work, except for DefWindowProc call
>> LRESULT lResult = 0;
>> if (!OnWndMsg(message, wParam, lParam, &lResult))
>> lResult = DefWindowProc(message, wParam, lParam);
>> return lResult;
>> }
>> }
>>
>> I hope the above information is helpful for you. If you have any 
>> questions,
>> please feel free to let me know. Thanks and have a nice day!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Terry Fei [MSFT]
>> Microsoft Community Support
>> Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
>>
>> --------------------
>>>From: "Lubo" <Lubo@newsgroups.nospam>
>>>Subject: WM_ENDSESSION problems after Lock PC
>>>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:08:01 +0100
>>>Lines: 19
>>>X-Priority: 3
>>>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>>>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670
>>>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2670
>>>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>>>Message-ID: <e#g2sHoIGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>
>>>Newsgroups:
>> microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
>>>NNTP-Posting-Host: static-dupdsl-179.195-146-153.telecom.sk 
>>>195.146.153.179
>>>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
>>>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl 
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel:37421
>> microsoft.public.vc.mfc:464860
>>>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
>>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I have a mfc application running as a service. When a user locks the PC
>> (XP)
>>>and then an administrator unlocks the PC (this logs off the user
>> forcefully)
>>>the CWnd::OnEndsession function gets called.  I retrieve the mesage and
>>>check  lParam to check whether it is a shutdown or a logoff :
>>>
>>>const MSG* msg = GetCurrentMessage();
>>>
>>> msg->lParam  is  0 , falsely indicating that it is a shutdown
>>>
>>>Is there a way how to handle that situation so that my app knows that it
>> is
>>>not a shutdown of  a PC ? Normal Logoff\ Logon works correctly.
>>>
>>>Lubo
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> 
>
>
>

0
v-terryf (64)
1/28/2006 3:03:23 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

IF(ISNUMBER.... problem
I can't seem to figure this one out. I am trying to make either a checkmark, someones intials or a check box (reall doesn't matter which but check mark would be best) appear in a cell when three other cells in that same form contain data. The cells that need to be searched woutl only contain dates but the accutall date entered is irrelevant to the check box so I would assume that it only needs to search for generic data. The dates are entered as 05/01/06. Using online help I have been trying and trying with "=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("/",AND (G5,H5,I5))),"checkmark...

sales Tax Problem Help!
Hi i Justa changed the Sales Tax on Store Manager using administrator user and pasword , then item by item Aplied sales Tax on each when i use the pos with tailer User and Password tax do not apear but if i use the Administrator user and password it apear ...

Font problem
Hi, I am trying to change the font in an Owner Drawn list box. The list box consists of a series of buttons with an icon and some text underneath the icon (still on the face of the button). The problem is that I am creating a font and selecting it into the device context but if you resize the window it sometimes changes the font. Is there any way to prevent this? I want the font to remain consistent even when the window is resized. The code to create the font is: VERIFY(myfont.CreateFont( 8, // nHeight 0, // nWidth 0, ...

Formula problem #13
I am trying to come up with a formula for the following: I have a range of five cells in a column which are store numbers. The 5 cells represent Monday thru Friday (the labels of Mon thru Fri are in a separate column and won't need to be a part of the formula). example: Monday 452 (c1) Tuesday 453 (c2) Wednesday 453 (c3) Thursday 452 (c4) Friday 453 (c5) This is a schedule showing which store numbers a person is supposed to be in on these days. The person above, however is assigned three stores: 452, 453, and 454. In the blank cel...

Problems with Columns
Attempting to change existing text to two columns but sections in wrong order when changed to columns. What could be causing this? ...

Exchange 2003 problem #2
We got problem with email, so I tried to check the Exchange 2003 server, all clients cann't resolve the exchange server which they using msoutlook xp. I tried to ping from client the server that can able to resolve the server. I already try to reintall ADC and Exchange 2003 but still thesame problem. From event viewer I got error event id 9175, 3015 and 3018. I format the server and reinstall everything and thanks god it works but suddenly the problem back again in thesame problem... We have norton firewall, symantec anti virus system and I also install symantec antivirus/f...

Microsoft Money 2005 Report Problem
I am trying to get a transaction report of all withdrawals for the previous year from my checking accounts and the only thing that is reported is deposits. I had previously printed this report without any problem. Now it doesn't. I tried reinstalling the program and upgrading it but it didn't help. What am I doing wrong??? Any ideas? Pat ...

access problem
Hello newsgroup, i have a microsoft access 2000 database. Now, i have to install it on the pc of our customer. The customer has installed 2003. I can export all data, but i can not open the reports of this database. I will get the message ( if i got some) an active x or ole object is not installed. But i don't know which on can't be used. If i will create an equal database which the same references, it is not the problem. The only thing which i can not use on this pc is "insert a diagram" After this, we have installed a access runtime 2000, but the same error. Have somebod...

Problem with CArchive
Hi I am saving and loading a CArray using CArchive. CStdioFile file(fileName, CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); CArchive arc(&file, CArchive::store); mPad.Serialize(arc); CStdioFile file; CArchive arc(&file, CArchive::load); mPad.RemoveAll(); mPad.Serialize(arc); mPad is declared as CArray <Song, Song&> mPad; where Song is my own data struct. I'm using CStdioFile because I want to use ReadString. It was working fine, until I increased the size of the array slightly (but still much less than 4k) - then it loads about half the array and the rest is blank, ...

SFO "Serious issue" on remote PC's
We have just completed the admin install to a server and then the installation CRM on a machine in one interstate office. Since the machine had never had CRM on it before, we were able to skip the parts relating to DLL refresh and CRM uninstall. The installation itself seemed to go smoothly, but when we first fired up Outlook as the user, it was frozen partially open, and we had to End Task. On starting it again I got the familiar message about Outlook experiencing a serious issue and got asked if I wanted to disable the CRM add-in. This is the same as what happened in one interstate office an...

I got problem, no stories
I have the money 2004 shut down problem, but when I search, I can not find stories 1 or 2 files? Larry, Are you sure you're looking in the right directory? C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\12.0\Webcache (for Money 2004) Try navigating there with a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd) and deleting them by hand. -Gary "Larry M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ace201c46637$2a60fc10$a301280a@phx.gbl... I have the money 2004 shut down problem, but when I search, I can not find stories 1 or 2 f...

problem with an invoice
An invoice was created and printed, the invoice was not posted there were errors on checking the edit list there is a total value but there are no items listed. Help! You did not mention the kind of invoice (SOP, Invoicing, Purchasing Invoice???) Assuming you are talking about the SOP kind, this has been seen when a work station crashes while working on an invoice. Try reconciling the document (Utilities->SOP->Reconcole/Remove, take the reconcile option only and reconcile only the damaged document. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Use...

RELAY Problem
Hi All, Exchange Server 2000 SP3 (build 6249.4) all patched up.... I configured it according to Microsoft's KB on how to fixe an open relay http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Exchange/ExBPA/6d2c9c82-bcc2-4261-a30d-90536577c873.mspx and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304897 to disable relay, yet when I scanned it with the updated Best Practices Analyzer Tool it still shows that it failed the open relay test (I also telented in on port 25 and confirmed that manually that I could send an email from a bogus domain) Microsoft doesn't make sense.... if you disable ano...

OpenRecordset problem
I am using Access 2003. I am fairly new at writing code. I have a Table (InvHdr) that contains Invoice information. I have another Table (InvDet) that contains the detail lines of each Invoice. They are associated by Inv_Num field in each Table. I open a table with Dim rs As Recordset Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("select * from [InvHdr]") I am able to work with each record in the InvHdr Table. Now while I have the InvHdr table open I would like to open the InvDet Table and work with the detail records of a certain invoice. Close the InvDet table and...

FRx upgrade problem
I just upgraded my GP to 9 from 8 and FRx to 6.7 I can no longer access FRx through GP (reports/financial/FRx) - I get a run application error...but I can access FRx through my desktop shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. Check the path located in this file FRXDYN.INI. It can be found in the code folder where you loaded Dynamics. You would need to point it to the correct path where FRx is loaded. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "Rebellyn" wrote: > I just upgraded my GP to 9 from 8 and FRx to 6.7 > I can no longer access FRx through GP (reports/financial/FRx) - I ge...

SetWidowText problem
hi all, as we can insert the text in an rich edit control with SetWindowText(string) API but is it possible to insert some character in between the existing string?? i mean if i know the caret position to insert that character and the actual character to insert then can i insert the characterwith this information?? e.g. if current text in rich edit control is love is in the air. and if i want to insert the character after "in" as "in/" so how i can do that?? please let me know if someone know's how to do this!! Thanks and Regards Harshal she...

PropertySheet, pocket pc
Hi, My question is more about MFC than about pocket pc so I am posting here. I would like to create a GUI with the following layout : at the top : a listctrl Below a PropertySheet control. So to to that I have added a Dialog in resource and put a listctrl and a Propertysheet inside. But I have two problems : First my propertysheet takes all the space. Second : when I close my propertysheet on pocket pc, I also need to close the dialog after. How can I solve this ? Vincent RICHOMME wrote: > Hi, > > My question is more about MFC than about pocket pc so I am posting here. > I...

Outlook 2003 and Windows 7 problem
I justed added Outlook 2003 to my new computer which came with Windows 7 preinstalled. Everything seemed to be working ok until I tried to add apic to an email. I pressed the insert file button and hit the drop down looking for the libraries folder to get a pic. I'm finding that in outlook this folder is blank. I have plenty of pics in libraries so I know that is not the issue. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and a possible fix? Thnaks Brian Office 2003 uses its own file browser which is not aware of the Library structure which was introduced in Windows...

Problems with Bank of America
Yesterday I upgraded my checking account at B of A to another one of their products. For the last four years I have happily been using Money 2004 and downloading checking data manually using "Active Statement." Today, when I tried to download the data I got a response from M2004 saying that the "file I attempted to import was invalid or contained corrupt data". A call to B of A resulted in them saying it was coincidental that I upgraded my account and that they no longer support M2004 (and don't support IE7 yet) and they don't know why it isn't working....

Problem installing Office 2003
Cannot get the setup process to get past the initial screen ? Any ideas ? Not without more details. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "jimschultz007" <jimschultz007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A3927C5-93E7-424A-89D3-35DBCBE76937@microsoft.com... > Cannot get the setup process to get past the initial screen ? > > Any ideas ? ...

Outlook 2003 Out of Office Assistant problem
On some of our clients I have the following problem. When opening the Out of Office assistant the client gets the following error message : Your autoupdate message could not be displayed. The client operation failed Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Thanks, Martin Try a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Martin van Herwaarden asked: | On some of ...

WM_ENDSESSION OnClose OnDestroy...
Hi, According to MS when WM_ENDSESSION is called WM_DESTROY an onClose are no longer called. Does anybody know the reason why? Doesn't it make the whole call WM_DESTROY a bit useless? I have some list ctrls that need to free some memory before the window is destroyed where should I put the clean-up to ensure that it is called both when the user close the dialog or it is closed when the user logs off? Many thanks Sims "David Lowndes" <davidl@mvps.org> wrote in message news:2qpqhvsc0ust8o44mqcc8r63ruulala05a@4ax.com... > >According to MS when WM_ENDSESSION is ca...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically)
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

Printer problem
Why does my printer ask me to "print to file?" What can I do to just get it to print a regular copy? Hi have you checked your settings in 'file - Print'. Make sure your printer is selected and 'print to file' is unchecked -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "miss piggy" <miss piggy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4299E911-251B-4161-BCF1-8118BAC9D7FD@microsoft.com... > Why does my printer ask me to "print to file?" What can I do to just get it > to print a regular copy? ...

Stationary problem
I am a happy user of WLM but have a couple of minor problems I should like to cure. Whenever I try and start a new email I get the message "Unable to create this stationary" After this it fires it up and I have to click on "Format" and say "No stationary" to get a blank sheet. I have to run through this procedure each email I want to send an email. Is there a way of making what I want default? Thanks in anticipation. David Alt + T, Options, Compose, take the checkmark out of the box by Mail. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail &q...