winsock: fail to register to receive broad cast messages

hi,

I am new to winsock programming.I am trying to create a socket to
receive broadcast messages. But when i try to set the socket options as
follows:
setsockopt( s, IPPROTO_IP, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, (const char*)&mreq,
sizeof(struct ip_mreq) )
it returns error 10049 which signifies invalid address, but i am using
the INADDR_ANY macro to specify the address.Does anyone have some idea
what possibly could be the error.
Thanks
sk

0
shrutik (1)
2/13/2006 7:43:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mail doesn't receive or open *.doc properly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using my PC, I emailed a *.doc (as an attachment) to my Mac. The Mac receives it as a *.dat file (instead of the *.doc format), which Word on the Mac cannot open. Can someone tell me what's the problem? Thanks This KB article will give you the general gist of what's actually originating on your PC side. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278061 To avoid the problem zip your document file before attaching & send the zipped copy. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 9/14/08 4:05 PM, in article 59b597...

Compile Error Messages
Help Please! Upon opening Excel XP I get an error message "Compile error in hidden Module: AutoExecNew". Upon clicking OK the message disappears and I can use Excel ok. Similarly on closing Excel I get "Compile error in hidden Module: DistMon". Again on clicking ok it disappears and Excel closes ok. I think these may have been caused by once having loaded the full Adobe Acrobat. I uninstalled that because I no longer use it and do not wish to reinstall. Any hints or tips to get rid of these irritating Compile error messages would be appreciated, thanks TC Check ou...

Routing incoming message from a specific domain
Hello, Someone in my organization wishes to monitor all incoming messages from a domain. How can I have Exhange 2003 cc (or at least send a copy of) all incoming messages from a specific domain to a local user's email? Thanks, -Jay You can turn on Message journaling, but that will copy every incoming and outgoing email for a specific Storage Group, not domain specific. You could probably sort the messages once they are received using some mailbox rules. Otherwise you may have to look at third-party solutions. No native functionality as such to capture/forward messages from a parti...

Items Fail to be archived
Using OL2003, when I try to archive a mail folder, with the rule that all items prior to a certain date be archived, I find that many older items are not archived even after repeated passes. I have checked the [Include items with "Do not Autoarchive" checked] box, of course. Does anyone have a clue why this is so and what steps I could take to have OL everything older than the selected date? Perhaps the modified date of these items is later than the archive date? Archive functions against modified date "Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote in...

OWA fails on internet connection
Hi, Environment is: 2k3 AD domain where GC is DC, ISA 2k4 on the primeter, behind which is Exchange 2k3 single configured for both OWA and RPC over HTTP. OWA work on the LAN but fails to get the forms-based authentication page on internet connection (no SSL.) Where to debug please. Thanks Yba On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 03:56:02 -0700, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >Environment is: >2k3 AD domain where GC is DC, ISA 2k4 on the primeter, behind which is >Exchange 2k3 single configured for both OWA and RPC over HTTP. >OWA work on the LAN but fails to get t...

DCOM error, the server did not register with dcom
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CA8BDF.5CB368F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've got a machine here and in the event viewer it comes up with error = 10010, The server {7F6316B4-4D69-4765-B0A3-B2598F2FA80A} did not = register with DCOM within the required timeout. What server would {7F6316B4-4D69-4765-B0A3-B2598F2FA80A} be? And what to do to get rid of this DCOM error? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CA8BDF.5CB368F0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

Outlook 2007 Error message 03-16-10
I am getting an error message when i click Send/Receive email. Outlook 2007, OS Windows Xp. Julio wrote: > I am getting an error message when i click Send/Receive email. > Outlook 2007, OS Windows Xp. "an error message". Oh yes, Outlook only has just one error message. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't well explain your situation by providing the ...

POP3 Receive Mail Problem
I have had a problem occur out of the blue. I have Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients. Half are MAPI clients and the rest are picking up mail using POP. A number of the POP clients have developed a problem whereby send/receive will hang and only download messages at about 1 byte/s. Restarting POP, exchange services will not rectify the problem. The only workaround I have found is to move the mailbox to a different Mailbox store / Storage group. This seems to fix it for the time being, but is not ideal as I do not know why this is happening and whether there is a (more serious...

550 Sender verify failed
You probably just need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ejszZatsDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Mathieu wrote: > I get that message right away when I'm trying to send a message using > Outlook 2000 (with Exchange 5.5 SP3). I've checked with eventid.net > and microsoft and haven't found anything for that ...

error message #39
I get the following message when trying to open Outlook Express. Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. Anyone know what to do? cheryl <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get the following message when trying to open Outlook > Express. > > Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL > could not be loaded. > > Anyone know what to do? Yes. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is ...

Receive email and calendar on outlook
All, I have two requirements using outlook: 1. I want to keep my emails in about two days on exchange server, and then I can receive my email from home using POP3. I will have about twenty rules on outlook, and I don't want to apply these rules to server, only on outlook client. 2. I also need to use calendar function of outlook to do the schedule. I try to set up exchange services for calendar, and internet email for receiving email, but I got the strange issues, one email is reproduced many copies on server, in that case, my mail box is always full quickly. How can I set up outlook ...

Registering a CWnd class
Can some one help me register a windows class for an MFC CWnd object, which CWnd->Create() requires. I plan on using the window to display vector graphics, and use MFC message mapping. CWnd *pWnd; pWnd = new CWnd; WNDCLASS wc wc.lpfnWndProc = // Specifically, what goes here. wc.hInstance = AfxGetInstanceHandle(); // Is this correct? Now, the MFC documentation says that if I call CWnd->Create using NULL instead of a pointer to a WNDCLASS object, it will create an object with "default CWnd attributes". Where might I find what these default attributes are, and can they be mod...

PowerShell interop to Excel fails when PIA are installed
Here is a PowerShell script to union two Excel ranges – $xl=new-object -comObject Excel.Application $file="D:\test\test.csv" $xl.visible = $true $wbk = $xl.Workbooks.Open("$file") $wks = $wbk.worksheets.item(1) $r1=$wks.Range("A1:D1") $r2=$wks.Range("A2:D2") $mis = [System.Reflection.Missing]::Value; $r3 = $xl.Union($r1, $r2, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis, $mis) This works good if .Net primary interop...

Update failed
I have tried to update the following , .netframework version 3.5 and it fails everytime and this has been going on for several weeks yet my error reports gives me no helpful info. I am running XP version sp3 "cturner399" <cturner399@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F96A529-5ACF-43E9-B3FF-014F2451DDAC@microsoft.com... >I have tried to update the following , .netframework version 3.5 and it > fails everytime and this has been going on for several weeks yet my error > reports gives me no helpful info. I am running XP version sp3 We need...

RsPublishAction failed.
Hi, While installing MS-CRM V3.0 Reporting services, I receive the following error : "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RSPublishAction failed. The specified path is not a metabase path. Parameter name:path". I am planning to install MS-CRM v 3.0 on a separate sever and SQL Server 2005 + Reporting Services on another server. Any help will be appreciated. Regards, -Sekhar ...

Message exceeds server limit on IMS
I can't send outgoing message with big attachments even though that I didn't set any message size limits on IMS and MTA. It always give me this error: -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:45 AM To: receipient@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable: RE: Subject Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Sent: 7/29/04 9:45 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: receipient@domain.com on 7/29/04 9:45 AM The content length of the message is too long for the recipient to take delivery The MTS-I...

Windows 7 upgrade advisor fails to install
Downloaded the advisor, installed it on my XP system and it worked fine. Copied the download to my VISTA system and tried to install. It quits immediately with no error, no indication of any kind. I've tried "Run as Administrator", restarted the system, downloaded the package again. Nothing helps!!! Please repost your inquiry in the Windows 7 Forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads tadams61 wrote: > Downloaded the advisor, installed it on my XP system and it worked fine. > Copied the download to my VISTA system and t...

Cannot send email, no error message
I have a newly installed Windows Small Business Server 2003, and Exchange Standard 2003. All users are able to receive external email, but they cannot send any. I do not receive any error messages or bounce messages, but they simply do not show up to the desired address. I tried sending to multiple domains with the same result. All users can send internally. Any help would be appreciated. 1) Did you change anything on the default SMTP Virtual Server and/or the default connector? 2) If you go to the server and type "telnet mailc.microsoft.com 25" do you get a SMTP banner or...

Can't open email message
We have a generic email account that receives mail and forwards it to multiple users on the local lan. One user is unble to open emails forwarded to them from this account...sometimes. (2 out of every 100 messages). The user also has a rule that moves the message from this account to a folder. When openning the message they get "Can't open this item. The operation failed". All other users can open the message without problem. All users are using Outlook 2002 sp2 (can't use sp3 because it breaks another program they use). The AV running is the same on all workstations...

send/receive error message in Microsoft Outlook
My Microsoft Outlook has been working fine, now I get this message, Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK' Thanks ...

receivings #3
When we are receiving products, we noticed that the freight and miscellaneous charges are not coming over from the PO. Why is that that and how do we go about correcting it? Lynn, I don't remember them ever coming over. These amounts on the PO document only serve as a reference. If you need these amounts as landed cost for your on your receipt transaction you will need to setup a landed cost schedule. If they are simple expenses then you will need to enter them on the purchasing invoice as they appear on the vendor invoice. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maxim...

Create Company Failing
Because of violation of constraint PKSY60100. Any thoughts? Thanks, Morgan Whoops.. Forgot I had access to customer source. Article 871699 hopefully fixed it. Thanks, Morgan "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message news:%231F7RDjqEHA.708@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Because of violation of constraint PKSY60100. Any thoughts? > > > Thanks, > > Morgan > ...

Message appears tiny even if font is set at normal- how do I fix?
When I set font at arial 10 for example, the diplay shows the typing as too tiny to read- and connot be corrected by changing font type or size. All else is normal- hpw do correct this diplay? What version of Outlook? If using Outlook 2007, you need to reset the Zoom to 100% -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ALWAYS post your Outlook version! Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "JB2425" <JB2425@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A131809-31FE-4A2B-B483-8ED45F47D992@micr...

Detailed Tape Inventory failing
This is the error I receive. It appears the inventory is trying to run when the tape drive is already busy writing backups. Is there not enough intelligence built into DPM to recognize when the tape is being written to? "The detailed inventory of tape failed for the following reason: (ID: 3316) Operation failed since the slot 12 in library IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library was empty. This tape is currently present in Drive LTO Tape drive (ID: 24027)" This is a known issue, it’s the problem with the Library driver. Please make sure that you have the latest...

Outlook 2007 does not receive messages vista
Hello, I am trying to fix a friend's problem so any help would be great. When we click on send/receive, nothing happens, no progress shows. When he sends to himself, you can see the message leave the outbox but does not go to the inbox. ISP confirmed settings are correct. "test account settings" works fine. Tried office diagnostics - did not help. Repair office in add-remove programs - did not help. Downloaded all updates - did not help. Turned on logging. In the opmlog.log there is no reference to the POP3 server, strange. Only SMTP. What could we try next? Thank yo...