Windows Vista/Windows XP Application Load Failure

Hello,
I seem to be having an issue with Visual Studio 2005 Professional on Windows
Vista Ultimate.  It seems to me that whenever I build an MFC application
(which contains several DLLs and an exe), the application runs beautifully on
Windows Vista (e.g. my development machine).  However, when I attempt to run
it on Windows XP I essentially get a failure to load DLL/Merge Module issue.
Upon inspection of the event viewer on XP I see the following error as being
logged:

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was
The reference assembly is not installed on your system.

However, on this system I have already installed both .NET Framework 2.0 as
well as the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable.

Any ideas as to why I am still receiving this error, as well as how I can
correct this so that this solution can run on Windows 2000-XP?

Regards,

James Simpson
Straightway Technologies Inc.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was
>The reference assembly is not installed on your system.
>
>However, on this system I have already installed both .NET Framework 2.0 as
>well as the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable.
>
>Any ideas as to why I am still receiving this error, as well as how I can
>correct this so that this solution can run on Windows 2000-XP?

James,

Does it perhaps require the VS2005 SP1 version?

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/23/2007 8:54:59 AM
Dear David,
  I am pretty sure I have Service Pack 1 for VS2005 installed.  Looking at
the Help->About dialog yields this version number:
Version 8.0.50727.867 (vsvista.050727-8600)
This is because I installed SP1 as well as Microsoft's update for Vista
since I am using Vista Ultimate with VS2005 Pro.  In addition the About
dialog lists the following updates:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU Service Pack 1
(KB926601)
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU
(KB937061)
Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU (KB932232)

I believe VS is all up to date so I think that potential cause is not there.
 Any other ideas?

"David Lowndes" wrote:

> >Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was
> >The reference assembly is not installed on your system.
> >
> >However, on this system I have already installed both .NET Framework 2.0 as
> >well as the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable.
> >
> >Any ideas as to why I am still receiving this error, as well as how I can
> >correct this so that this solution can run on Windows 2000-XP?
>
> James,
>
> Does it perhaps require the VS2005 SP1 version?
>
> Dave

>  I am pretty sure I have Service Pack 1 for VS2005 installed.

James,

I was referring to the redistributable package on your XP machine. If
your code is built with SP1, have you also installed the SP1 DLLs on
the XP machine?

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/23/2007 11:33:24 AM
Dear David,
  Thank you for your prompt response.  I didn't realize that there was a SP1
for the Visual C++ 2005 Redist.  After I installed it, my application worked
like a charm.  It appears that when searching for the Visual C++ 2005
redistributable you have to include SP1 in the query since there are 2 Visual
C++ 2005 redistrubtables:
-> The original RTM one
-> The one designed for VS2005 SP1
Anyways, thank you for your support.

Regards,

James Simpson

How to open a workbook into a new Excel application
Hi, I'm wondering if there a way to open a workbook into a new application by default. So, when you double-click the excel workbook, it will start in a new Excel application. I think about something in the Open event but I don't know how to cancel the process and restart it into an other application. Thank you! Alex -- Alex St-Pierre Alex, Excel is an application. Normally Excel runs with only a single instance of itself. You can do OLE linking with programs like MS Word. This sort of runs Excel inside Word. I have seen multiple instances of Excel running a...

Shell.UI and vista Unable to determine XP theme error message
I'm opening a .net project that loads Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI in order to make the app inherit the dexterity colors. When I open this project on an XP machine, it works fine. When I open the same project on vista and open the designer, I get the following message : System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to determine XP theme. GetCurrentThemeName returned C:\Windows\resources\themes\Aero \Aero.msstyles for the theme name. at Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI.LibWrapper.GetThemeName() Fair enough, it doesn't understand aero themes. :) Is there an easy workaround or am I stuck having ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Uninstalling PowerShell in Vista Home to upgrade to Vista Ultimate
I have Vista Home on a Dell studio laptop. I have just reinstalled this after a HD replacement. I am trying to upgrade to Vista Ultimate. A Compatibility check during the start of the upgrade says to uninstall Windows PowerShell. I went to the microsoft support site for guidance. I am unable to see PowerShell or its KB in the list of installed updates as the guidance said I should see. Hence, I am unable to select it to uninstall. The list of installed updates only says "Update for Microsoft Windows" or "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows." How can I get it to show ...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Repeated Loading Of Bitmaps
I need to load bitmaps at runtime, and it seems I can only use the following code once: VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); m_pic_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); If I try in a second loop, I get an error. Do I have to re-initialize m_bmp? Thanks, Matt "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0402132037.16f355e5@posting.google.com... > I need to load bitmaps at runtime, and it seems I can only use the > following code once: > > VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); > m_pic_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); > > If I try in a second loop, I get an error. Do I have ...

Windows recovery console

Duplex printing glitches/failure
I'm familiar w/ publisher...I've used it for a while. I'm familiar w/ my printer (duplex) I have a doc that prints in duplex mode fine....until I make a small change (correct a spelling)...then it goes from double sided to two seperate pages. I end up cutting and pasting the work to a new publisher doc and reattempt duplex and all is good....unless I need to modify the doc. What the heck? This is happening on multiple docs! Help! I'm running XP Pro "who cares" wrote: > I'm familiar w/ publisher...I've used it for a while. > I'm familiar w/ my ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Can't open Outlook for Web Access over the net using 2000 or XP but can with 98?? Any ideas
Hi there, Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 system can no-problem? Thx in advance. "David Sullivan" <dsullivan@bcl-international.com> wrote in message news:lGNLc.5216$Z14.6537@news.indigo.ie... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to > Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 > system > can no-problem? > > Thx in advance. > > What version of IE is running ...

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...