Windows Explorer folder columns layout

Where does Windows Explorer store column layout for Details View for a
particular folder? I need to be able to set which columns are shown and their
order for a particular folder.
0
Sasha1 (27)
3/22/2007 12:02:00 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I know Explorer stores a lot of information in:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/custom.asp

I'm not sure that's where it stores the view for each folder, but perhaps
starting there will lead you somewhere.

Tom

"Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where does Windows Explorer store column layout for Details View for a
> particular folder? I need to be able to set which columns are shown and
> their
> order for a particular folder.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/22/2007 12:34:30 AM
I know that Explorer stores a lot of information in:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/custom.asp

I don't know if this is where it stores the folder specific information, but
maybe starting there will lead you somewhere.

Tom

"Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where does Windows Explorer store column layout for Details View for a
> particular folder? I need to be able to set which columns are shown and
> their
> order for a particular folder.

0
tom.nospam (3240)

What is the correspondence to SqlDataSource in windows
Hello! The SqlDataSource Class is a part of System.Web Assembly and used by data-bound controls in ASP.NET Can somebody tell me what is the nearest correspondence to SqlDataSource in windows form //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in news:fTbWm.13647$U5.204106@newsb.telia.net: > The SqlDataSource Class is a part of System.Web Assembly and used by > data-bound controls in ASP.NET > > Can somebody tell me what is the nearest correspondence to > SqlDataSource in windows > form SqlDataSource is a wrapper ...

Windows server 2000 strange crash
Hi, i have a strange problem in my network, 1 dc 2000 server which is also dhcp server and dns server ,and 1 member server 2003 acting as fileserver. When rebooting the dc, it will work properly. Running dcdiag and netdiag will not show any problems, all tests passing, no errors, no warnings. But after 14 hours (at night when nobodys working), the DC simple stops findind himself...running netdiag gives dc_list and ldap errors, dcdiag wont even run, gives just an error 31 with ldap. After this, i get replication errors, problems with connectivity, leading to server stop responding...

Hyperlink to folder on Save
Hi I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter when its saved on other network PCs? Try using the HYPERLINK() function instead =HYPERLINK("file:////c:\filename.xls","Book1") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "F...

Save charts as Windows Metafiles
This has undoubtedly been asked before, but: Is there a method, plug-in tool, VB script or something that enables you to save Excel graphs as WMF or EMF files? Without first copy-pasting it into some drawing program and saving it there? Ideally, one would copy the graph to the clipboard, and then be able to access a dialogue direclty from/in Excel that lets you save it as a WMF file. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide! Jeroen Dekker jeroen@square1.nl ...

Importing column in comma saparated values.
Hi, This is my first post here..:) I have some values in a column in excel and I want to have them i comma saparated values. The Outout can be in any type of file as lon as I can copy it..I am sure, the experts here can solve this and hel me a great deal...Please help... Thanks in advance. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could File/Save As then select .CSV ??? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If it's just one column (out of many used columns), then I'd just copy and paste into NotePad and save from there. But I'm not quite sure how y...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

Badmail folder filling up
Anyone know how to correctly delete files from the badmail folder. It is filling up and will eventually use up all my disk space. Also, is there any way to move this folder to a different drive. I don't want this folder filling up and crashing my server. Thanks! Stop SMTP Services and recreate the VS1 folder with all its content. Then start the services again. BUT, you may having a realy or virus problem, so if you move the folder to a bigger disk, you will still have the problem. Look forward and see if you are infected or your sistem is ised to mail relay. >-----Origina...

How can i stop same data being repeated in a column
I have a list of contract numbers relating to application numbers or payments. they are in the format nnnnnnan or nnnnnnpn. The columns are fixed to this format only. If they are entered with the a or p in the wrong place or if they have been left out completely an error message will appear to alert the user. I want to know how to alert the user if they enter an application or a payment number that has already been entered. ie if they enter 022079a4 but that same application has been entered else where in the column. Hope you can help Ru Hello See Chip Pearson's http://www.cpearson....

Windows Explorer may quit unexpectedly.
Does anyone have the fix? kbWinXPpreSP2fix kbfix kbbug KB810806 just go to this link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810806 looks like you have to contact MS support but they should waive the charge if its just a bug fix you are after "Ed" <ed@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:099901c37f35$2570a780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have the fix? kbWinXPpreSP2fix kbfix kbbug > KB810806 ...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 09-23-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 SBN: 978-1-4461-4031-4 / Copyright: ilias el issaoui / Language: English /page : 460 / file : pdf This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportuni...

Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be found
I'm new to Exchange. I'm setting up a very small exchange system at home (MSDN), in order to learn a little about it before making the decision to move to it in the office or not. My home server is acting as both a PDC and Exchange Server. All appears to be fine, and I can access my exchange account, while my other half can access her exchange account. However, although I've given myself access to my other-half's inbox (sharing, given my user "Publishing Editor" access to her inbox), when I attempt to open her inbox from Outlook, I receive the message "Unable...

Windows Live Mail Error
For the last two days I have been trying to send some emails, but I'm getting and error message: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC68 That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here.=20 We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Teresita" <Teresita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:3123D0B2-59CE-4F44-BFA6-25883FB7F6BC@microsoft.com... ...

Some fonts not visible in drop down window
When using the font drop down box to change fonts most of them are listed using the actual style as a sample. Some, however (i.e. Baby Kruffy, Alba, etc.) are only visible in a generic font until I actually select them. I noticed the same problem on my aunt's computer so I know I'm not alone. Any fixes out there? Now what version of Windows and Publisher are you using? -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

How can I know the folders of searched out mails?
Hello, If I search for mails - particularly those already in Archive folders, I get a list of such mails and can of cours open them etc., but I do not see any way to establish in which folder they are actually stored. Harry120 You'll need to use google or windows desktop search (or other search tool) - outlook won't give you folder paths. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Schedule+ Free Busy System Folders "Access Denied"
Have you guys seen issues where full exchange administrators are unable to delete empty schedule+ free busy folders from system manager....they are constantly prompted for authentication I'm working on an Exchange 2003 SP2 site consolidation and migration from 10 exchange 5.5 sites to 2 Exchange 2003 Admin Groups...using the site consolidation features, the free busy folders from the consolidated sites remain in the Org, but they have empty replica lists due to the consolidated mailboxes now have new legacyexchangedn and use just the two admin groups free busy folders. So, I have ...

Items not showing up in the Personal Folders list
I'm having a rather bizarre problem with Outlook 2003. My Contacts, Journal, Calendar folders aren't showing up in my "Personal Folder List" anymore. I know there has to be a setting buried somewhere to get them back. It happened after I had to export my pst file before a fresh install of Windows. After I imported it all the messages They showed up just fine under Personal Folders->Inbox as well as Deleted Items, Drafts, Junk E-mail, Outbox and Search Folders. Now how do I go about getting Contacts, Calendar and such to show up again? Thanks in advance, Scott -- Scott Be...

changing layout after publication is created
does anyone know if it is possible to change the layout of a blank print publication that is about 18 pages to newsletter format? thank you Can your printer print 11 x 17? If your printer can add two pages, in page setup select booklet. If the publication is blank, why not delete it and start from scratch? Publisher works in groups of four. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "katerina" <katerina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27160461-1AF9-4AEC-84B4-B3809195681E@microsoft.com... >...

Excel column and VB.NET
Hello: I an trying to extract info from an excel file and populate datatables in a dataset. One of the columns (a modifier column) I use to filter the info obtained from the excel file contains both alpha and numeric entries. If i create my own test file with the same values and using the same modifiers in this specific column it works fine. Unfortunately if I use a file that was made by another user, my SELECT statement cannot read / detect the rows that have the numeric modifiers. Is there a way to solve this. I have tried changing the cell formating from General to text to number.....But i...

Selecting a directory or folder in Hyperlink dialog box
I am building a macro that will automate the first few steps of building a hyperlink. Because I don't know the location or name of the file to which the hyperlink will point, I would like the user to complete the process past a certain point. So, I have the following items in the macro thus far (for 2007): Application.SendKeys ("%NI") Application.SendKeys ("%L") This opens the Hyperlink dialog box and then activates the Look In block. Now I would like to direct it to a certain directory in the Look In block allowing the user to complete the h...

How do I divide footnotes into columns?
Is it possible to put footnotes into columns but leave the text without columns? No. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Barnum" <Barnum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4D660EE-1856-4B9B-B86A-603103BB53E0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to put footnotes into columns but leave the text without > columns? > ...

Windows Update Does Not Recognize Administrator
Vista SP1. I just completed many updates from the Windows update site. With several non critical ones left, I went back to finish. Now I can't download / install because it says I need Administrator permission. I checked user accounts and of course there is only one account listed and it being administrator, which I'm logged in on. I tried changing the account and it recognizes me as an administrator and allowed me to make changes. Applications requiring administrator work just fine but the update site does not :( As per an earlier post I read here, I ran Update Agent 3, s...

cannot open messages in folder, low memory, low disk space
Hi Everyone, I am getting this message on a few folders at present. Having looked online for a solution I have tried the following: - renaming the outbox.dbx to outbox.old, allowing a new one to be built then deleting the original - searching the mailstore for files that do not belong there - renaming/deleting the dbx file for that particular account but I get access denied. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Gordon Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. He...

Windows XP startup issue, Profiles damaged ... cannot access OS.
With Windows XP startup, none of my user profiles (incl. one with administrator rights) can get through the log in cycle ... not even in safe mode. When I click on any Profile, it immediately logs out ... so I cannot get beyond the Welcome Page to use the operating system to troubleshoot issue. "Cooperr71" <Cooperr71@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:06A2F278-9CFD-4BFB-8F08-1F330B87A14C@microsoft.com... > With Windows XP startup, none of my user profiles (incl. one with > administrator rights) can get through the log in cycle ... not e...

calendar issues with column headings #2
I have users that display multipe calendars at once. We are using OL 2003 with Exchange server 2003. When they have 5 or more calendars open, the column heading gets truncated. This is not a problem except that the column header is being center justified instead of left justified. When this happens, the name of the calendar becomes unreadable due to the names being similar in the middle of the calendar name. I found a setting in the views to change this for email column headers, but not for calendars. In OL2007, the calendar column heading is left justified. Is there an easy way ...