Windows CE .net

I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my
existing application it says it is missing part of the application. I look
for the
mfc dll and it is not there. I try copying the mfcce30.dll from the ARM
folder inWindows CE Tools and it still doesn't work. Any ideas or am I
missing something really obvious.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

TIA,

Will Singer

0
will (3)
10/19/2004 2:39:14 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Will Singer" <will@pdmb.com> wrote in message news:<OSwjoletEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my
> existing application it says it is missing part of the application. I look
> for the
> mfc dll and it is not there. I try copying the mfcce30.dll from the ARM
> folder inWindows CE Tools and it still doesn't work. Any ideas or am I
> missing something really obvious.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.
>
> TIA,
>
> Will Singer

Are you building your application and uploading it as a Windows CE
kernel or is the application developed by somebody else and you hoped
to just move the DLL to a directory? If the latter, how do you know
that it is *just* the mfcce30.dll the application is whining about?
0
rquirk1 (133)
10/20/2004 12:18:16 PM
Thanks... as ususual, just missed the obvious. Also needed the olece300.dll.
Are all .net machines coming without these already installed? I was really
pleased when CE 2.0 came out and automatically included these and a few
other standard dlls on the machine. I hope we are not going back to the
'find the right version' game.

Thanks for the help,

Will Singer

"Headache" <rquirk@tandbergtv.com> wrote in message
> "Will Singer" <will@pdmb.com> wrote in message
> > I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my
> > existing application it says it is missing part of the application. I
look
> > for the
> > mfc dll and it is not there. I try copying the mfcce30.dll from the ARM
> > folder inWindows CE Tools and it still doesn't work. Any ideas or am I
> > missing something really obvious.
> >
> > Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Will Singer
>
> Are you building your application and uploading it as a Windows CE
> kernel or is the application developed by somebody else and you hoped
> to just move the DLL to a directory? If the latter, how do you know
> that it is *just* the mfcce30.dll the application is whining about?

0
will (3)
10/20/2004 1:50:57 PM
"Will Singer" <will@pdmb.com> wrote in message news:<#uiEVvqtEHA.160@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Thanks... as ususual, just missed the obvious. Also needed the olece300.dll.
> Are all .net machines coming without these already installed? I was really
> pleased when CE 2.0 came out and automatically included these and a few
> other standard dlls on the machine. I hope we are not going back to the
> 'find the right version' game.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Will Singer
>
> "Headache" <rquirk@tandbergtv.com> wrote in message
> > "Will Singer" <will@pdmb.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my
> > > existing application it says it is missing part of the application. I
>  look
> > > for the
> > > mfc dll and it is not there. I try copying the mfcce30.dll from the ARM
> > > folder inWindows CE Tools and it still doesn't work. Any ideas or am I
> > > missing something really obvious.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > >
> > > Will Singer
> >
> > Are you building your application and uploading it as a Windows CE
> > kernel or is the application developed by somebody else and you hoped
> > to just move the DLL to a directory? If the latter, how do you know
> > that it is *just* the mfcce30.dll the application is whining about?

Well it all depends on the product! Windows CE can be used as a
general O/S on a palm-top or it can have a reduced kernel to run a
particular application. I have programmed the latter. When I did this
it was for a dedicated handheld device (of which there are many
examples .. let's pick one .. language translator). One program runs
taking in one language and translating it to another) not much demand
for a GUI, large database (dictionary). For such a device retailing at
say 30 dollars you want the cheapest chips possible. This means low
memory requirements. With such low memory a programmer would use
Windows CE PlatformBuilder to create a minimal kernel. The small O/S
kernel and application might run in 64MB of flash with 512MB
disk-on-chip for the dictionary itself. When Windows CE runs as a
generally full O/s on a Palm top you will most likely have the correct
DLLs for a wide variety of applications. In that regard - yes I am
astonished you're moving DLLs around!
0
rquirk1 (133)

VB.NET CF, Excel 2003, and XML
Hello, I am trying to open the contents of a dataset (contained in a pocket pc) as an xml file in Excel 2003. I created an XMLTextWriter and exported the dataset like this: DataSet.WriteXml(XMLTextWriter, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema) Office 2003 was unable to open the file properly and confused the header with the data. If I use the XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema parameter, I am still unable to get the columns labelled properly. In the XML source window, I load the schema through the XML Maps... button. When I import the data, it says no schema is specified and creates a NEW map with ns1...

Windows Installer Service
After running this removal tool to clean upall version of .Net framework I got this error 2908. How to fix this as its so annoying on my desktop to see this pop up that says "windows configures copy"? Please advise what to do? CrystalBall© sez... Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework versions are currently installed: How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and whether service packs have been applied http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/kb00318785.aspx Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in thi...

Window mail attachments
I have Windows Mail and starting ~ 3 weeks ago I can not open an attachment regardless of what type of ectension it was sent with. Have searched the internet and tried the only thing I could find but to no avail. All help will be much appreciated. p.s.Sorry for the previous question thinking that I had outlook express -- steve See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#1 and see it that is any help. Its the = same in WinMail as in OE. Try sending a message to yourself and include an attachment and see if = you receive it properly. steve "steve" <steve@discussions.micro...

ON_THREAD_MESSAGE in VC.net
Hi All, I'm moving my project originally developed by VC6 to VC.net 2003. This proj was developed in MFC. I have made use of ON_THREAD_MESSAGE message map in a class derived from CWinThread to handle inter-thread communicatino. I just found that the new IDE doesn't have class wizard, and yet according to MSDN, I can't find any message available in the CWinThread class. The compiler gives me error like this: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'BOOL (__thiscall CMyThread::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)' to 'void (__thiscall CWinThread::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM...

Manually enhance .Net program's permissions?
Hello, I am not a .Net programmer, and hopefully I've picked the right forum. My company uses a .Net-based utility program that when not run with administrator permissions, disables certain functions, crashes, and displays other odd behaviors. All our users run in a locked-down environment for security, and we don't really want to enhance their permissions. We have complained to the vendor, but for the foreseeable future, there will be no official workaround or fix. I can think of other ways to tackle this problem, but knowing something about .Net's security.config file,...

Moving to MSVC++.Net
I have a perfectly good application in VC++ 6.0 and I dont want to convert it to the .Net environment but (and sorry if this is a naive question) can I continue to use standard MFC C++ programming but use the Visual Studio.Net environment. If so are there any good pointers on potential problems. Thanks for any help you can offer Phil I use Visual Studio .Net and there is no reason you have to use the ..Net features for standard MFC C++ programming. It still allows a standard interface and you can use the same unmanaged features that you use in VC++ 6.0, so no worries. You shouldn'...

.net Web Service on WSS 03?
We want to create a web service to write files to our NAS box. Can a .net Web Service run on Windows Storage Server 2003? ...

C:\WINDOWS\Installer directory contents
I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3. I recently converted my C: partition from FAT32 to NTFS. The conversion ran smoothly with no error messages. I have a full backup of the C: partition from before I ran the convert program. I've found that there is nothing in the C:\WINDOWS\Installer directory other than the few OS updates I've installed since the conversion. My pre-conversion backup of that directory contains lots of stuff from the day I built the system up through the date of the backup. I have many desktop and start menu shortcuts which have lost their icon ass...

links in windows live mail beta
when I send a link to windows live mail beta it is not active so you can't open it I can send the same link to yahoo and you can open it. Is there something I can do to make this work ? Thanks It won't be active in the message composition window. Never has been in any version of WLM (or Outlook Express for that matter). It should be active in your Sent Items folder and when received. Is that not the case? If not, are you using Plain Text or HTML format? How are you inserting the link? Are you including the full link, including the http:// ? -- Mike...

Disable Ability to swich to other windows program
Hi All, I just want to disable the ability to switch to other Windows programs, when my programing is running(just like as the login prompt). I thought of using "SetSysModalWindow" but it now it comes under the Obsolete command set. Is there any other method by which we can achieve the same. Thanx in advance Sujan NOTE: i have already posted this in another messagegroup and got the reply to write a keyboard hook appln. I was just curious 2 know, is there any "HIDDEN" function just like "SetSysModalWindow" ...

How can I email my photos including captions from Windows photo
How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. Open your photos in Paint or a similar program, use the text tool. Save. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce1950" <Bruce1950@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80567ADA-54A0-40CF-B22C-B0AA944AAB7D@microsoft.com... > How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? > > When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. ...

computer freezes during scan (be it Windows Defender, Anti-virus, or SFC/scannow)
Hi everybody, This friend of mine has real problem with her laptop (Vista sp1). it was first noticed when her anti-virus did a scheduled scan. The anti-virus program hung whilst scanning the System32 folder. I tried with Windows Defender. Same thing, it hangs after a while. I de-activated her anti-virus program (forgot the name. Not a well known brand) and downloaded/installed Avast, to no avail. it also hangs whilst scanning the System32 folder. I also tried to scan using SFC/scannow. The PC freezes at 68 % of the scan. I tried these different manipulation in safe mod...

publisher 97 compatible with windows xp?
Iam using publisher 97 with windows xp when I print the first one comes out fine the second on loses the clip art on the screen and does not print the clip art only text. Help!! Are you running current printer drivers? That doesn't really sound like a Publisher problem but more of a printer driver issue. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rebecca burnette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3663C4EF-EB09-4CC9-B3A3-448E33FC1F7E@microsoft.com... > Iam using publisher 97 with windows xp when I print the first one comes out fine the ...

Can I use asp.net editor to create a vbs?
Can I use asp.net editor to create a vbs with intellisense and syntax check? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/200911/1 On Nov 20, 10:45=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote: > Can I use asp.net editor to create a vbs with intellisense and syntax che= ck? > > -- > Message posted via DotNetMonster.comhttp://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Foru= ms.aspx/asp-net/200911/1 What editor do you mean? Visual Studio .Net? Yes, it does intellisense for vbs (why don't you try before...

Chart sizes with window frame check box frozen in the checked stat
I am running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on my laptop. Under the Tools:Options menu there is a check box for "Chart sizes with window frame". It is currently checked. If I uncheck the box the check mark disappears, but when I click on "OK" nothing changes and the zoom box on the toolbar does not activate. When I open the Tools:Options menu again the check box is still checked. It will not turn off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without effect. I have compared settings with my Excel 2000 installations on my desktops at home and at work (where thing...

clipart window not showing
when i click on the insert clipart icon nothing happens but when i open wordpad and insert an object i can select clipart and the clipart manager shows up. i have tried reinstalling publisher 2000 twice and still no luck. I am running windows xp sp2. Can you open the Gallery at all? The Gallery is in a folder similar to this: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry\CAG.EXE" Double-click the CAG icon, does the Gallery open? If it does, right-click any image in the catalog, click recover. If that doesn't do it, double-click the "artgalry.exe", a messa...

Net Display
Hi All, I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to display HTML files that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'. I have two issues with this setup. 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for eac...

Access runs slow under Windows 7
My client has new machines with Windows 7. On an Access 2002 app, a particular screen takes 90 minutes to load running under Access 2007. On another new laptop running XP, the same screen takes about 10 seconds running Access 2007. On a remote desktop session running Access 2002 it took 2 seconds. Is anyone else having this problem and did you cure it? Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Hi Mark, I've been running Access 2003, 2007, and 2010 under Windows XP and Windows 7. My XP machines are considerably faster because I have more RAM on most of th...

scrollbars not refreshing properly in a static splitter window
I have a window with a horizontal splitter, and in the top half of the window, 6 vertical splitters. We have a tool bar at the top of the window that lets you choose which of the six splitters should be viewed... and only one of the views will be shown at a time. So, when you first start the application, one of the six views is shown, and the user can click on the buttons in the toolbar to change which of the views is visible. Here's my problem -- when I drag down on the horizontal splitter, or resize the window, the code is trying to redraw the horizontal scrollbars for all six views. ...

New HDD does not appear in Windows Explorer!
I have Windows XP pro. I have just connected a new HDD 1Tb Seagate ST31000528AS sata. It appears on the "Device Manager" in the MyComputer properties. But it doesn't appear in Windows Explorer! What am I doing wrong. Please help. FM On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:06:23 +1000, "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote: >I have Windows XP pro. > >I have just connected a new HDD 1Tb Seagate ST31000528AS >sata. > >It appears on the "Device Manager" in the MyComputer >properties. > >But it doesn't a...

How to open a Hyperlink open to another window
When someone clicks on a hyperlink, I want the target open into another window. I do not see any way of getting a target into the anchor code? ...

MFC DLLs in Windows CE 6.0?
Hi: MFC dlls was no longer part of Windows CE 6.0 platform builder, so MFC App have to use static library. If we still want to use MFC DLLs, where they are? Thanks On Jan 6, 10:03=A0am, ydlu <yudian...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi: > > MFC dlls was no longer part of Windows CE 6.0 platform builder, so MFC > App have to use static library. If we still want to use MFC DLLs, > where they are? > > Thanks I got it. the MFC dlls under: $(BINDIR)\$(ARCHFAM) directory. Thanks ...

Use Dll created from .Net
Can I use a dll created from .Net in a Visual C++ 6.0 project? ...

Can't register Windows Scripting Host with Windows 7
I have a vb6 app. which uses Windows scripting host. The inno installer has always worked well on Windows 95 through to Vista but on Windows 7 produces this error. C:\Windows\system32\wshom.ocx unable to register the Dll\OCX: regsvr32 failed with error code 0x5 Any ideas? I've heard the installation of windows scripting host is now considered a bad security risk from windows 7 onwards. You should always know the redist. situation with any file before you ship it -- and not just on the level of hearsay. Sorry if that sounds scolding, but we're shipping files to other ...

Deleting new window created
After accidentally creating a new window in an excel worksheet that has links to other workshhets, we cannot delete this second window. I have a way to hide the window, but am looking for a way to actually get rid of it without hurting our worksheet. I personally do not have a problem with it jusy being hidden, but we have several users that are not very computer literate, such as the person who accidentally created this window. If someone would accidentally unhide it, this would cause much confusion on which one of the windows to use. Help, would like to delete this window. Thanks Ju...