wierd problem about using Resources

there's a customized resource type in my project which is written in
vc2005,
i named this type "XSLT" which in fact is associated with an external
xslt file.
here's it's conent:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/
Transform">
  <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" cdata-section-elements=""/

  <xsl:param name="indent-increment" select="'   '"/>
  <xsl:template match="*">
    <xsl:param name="indent" select="'&#xA;'"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$indent"/>
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates>
        <xsl:with-param name="indent" select="concat($indent, $indent-
increment)"/>
      </xsl:apply-templates>
      <xsl:if test="*">
        <xsl:value-of select="$indent"/>
      </xsl:if>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="comment()|processing-instruction()">
    <xsl:copy/>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
here is how i use this resource in program:

CComPtr<IXMLDOMDocument> spXSLTDoc;
spXSLTDoc.CoCreateInstance(__uuidof(DOMDocument));
spXSLTDoc->put_async(VARIANT_FALSE);
HINSTANCE hInst = _AtlBaseModule.GetResourceInstance();

HRSRC hResInfo = ::FindResource(hInst,
MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_XSLTFORMAT), L"xslt");
HGLOBAL hResData = ::LoadResource(hInst, hResInfo);
CComBSTR bstrXMLData = (LPSTR)::LockResource(hResData); // in debug
version vc will append "MSFT" after my xml string??? it leads to
loadXML failure, why????

VARIANT_BOOL bSuccess;
hr = spXSLTDoc->loadXML(bstrXMLData, &bSuccess);

sometimes i just edit and save the xslt file again, it will work in
debug version but  failed in release version, i just cant it work both
in debug and release version ? can anyone tell me why??

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 02:22:03 -0700, thinktwice <memorialday@gmail.com>
wrote:

>there's a customized resource type in my project which is written in
>vc2005,
>i named this type "XSLT" which in fact is associated with an external
>xslt file.
>here's it's conent:

>////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>here is how i use this resource in program:

>HRSRC hResInfo = ::FindResource(hInst,
>MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_XSLTFORMAT), L"xslt");
>HGLOBAL hResData = ::LoadResource(hInst, hResInfo);
>CComBSTR bstrXMLData = (LPSTR)::LockResource(hResData); // in debug
>version vc will append "MSFT" after my xml string??? it leads to
>loadXML failure, why????

I've tried the above code in an MFC dialog-based app with VS2003 in
both release and debug mode, in Unicode build (because I assume that
VC2005 has Unicode build by default), and no "magic" strings are
appended at the end of the resource data.

I've tried also by adding a

  CString s;
  s = bstrXMLData;
  AfxMessageBox(s, MB_OK);

and everything is fine, in both debug and release builds: the original
XSLT resource is displayed.

MrAsm
0
mrasm1 (2)
6/15/2007 11:20:05 AM
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 02:22:03 -0700, thinktwice <memorialday@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>there's a customized resource type in my project which is written in
>>vc2005,
>>i named this type "XSLT" which in fact is associated with an external
>>xslt file.
>>here's it's conent:
>
>>///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>>///////////////// here is how i use this resource in program:

>>HRSRC hResInfo = ::FindResource(hInst,
>>MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_XSLTFORMAT), L"xslt");
>>HGLOBAL hResData = ::LoadResource(hInst, hResInfo);
>>CComBSTR bstrXMLData = (LPSTR)::LockResource(hResData); // in debug
>>version vc will append "MSFT" after my xml string??? it leads to
>>loadXML failure, why????

Resources are not necessarily null terminated. The way I load an XML file
is:
	HRSRC hrSrc = FindResource(AfxGetResourceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE
(IDR_XML_DEFAULT_CONFIG), _T("XML"));
	if (hrSrc)
	{
		HGLOBAL hRes = LoadResource(AfxGetResourceHandle(), hrSrc);
		if (hRes)
		{
			DWORD size = SizeofResource(AfxGetResourceHandle(),
hrSrc);
			char const* pData = reinterpret_cast<char const*>
(LockResource(hRes));
			CStringA str(pData, size);
    	    	    	// translate CStringA into usable string since I'm in
unicode
			FreeResource(hRes);
		}
	}

Dave Connet
0
dcon1 (6)
6/15/2007 2:06:29 PM
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:06:29 -0500, David Connet
<dcon@agilityrecordbook.com> wrote:

>Resources are not necessarily null terminated. The way I load an XML file

This is a good point, thanks.

>			FreeResource(hRes);

I would not call FreeResource:

<cite url="http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms648044.aspx">
The FreeResource function is obsolete and is only supported for
backward compatibility with 16-bit Microsoft Windows. For 32-bit
Windows applications, it is not necessary to free the resources loaded
using function LoadResource.
</cite>

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
6/15/2007 3:12:17 PM
There are two key problems I see here:

First, there is no reason to suspect that there is a NUL character at the end of the data,
and therefore, it is not a well-terminated string.

Second, you have chosen to interpret the data as raw bytes; are you absolutely sure the
resource is stored as 8-bit bytes?  Depending on what program created the file you are
using, it could very well be an Unicode character sequence of data, and therefore
immediately casting it as an LPSTR  could lead to problems.
					joe

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 02:22:03 -0700, thinktwice <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote:

>there's a customized resource type in my project which is written in
>vc2005,
>i named this type "XSLT" which in fact is associated with an external
>xslt file.
>here's it's conent:
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/
>Transform">
>  <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" cdata-section-elements=""/
>>
>  <xsl:param name="indent-increment" select="'   '"/>
>  <xsl:template match="*">
>    <xsl:param name="indent" select="'&#xA;'"/>
>    <xsl:value-of select="$indent"/>
>    <xsl:copy>
>      <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
>      <xsl:apply-templates>
>        <xsl:with-param name="indent" select="concat($indent, $indent-
>increment)"/>
>      </xsl:apply-templates>
>      <xsl:if test="*">
>        <xsl:value-of select="$indent"/>
>      </xsl:if>
>    </xsl:copy>
>  </xsl:template>
>  <xsl:template match="comment()|processing-instruction()">
>    <xsl:copy/>
>  </xsl:template>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>
>////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>here is how i use this resource in program:
>

>CComPtr<IXMLDOMDocument> spXSLTDoc;
>spXSLTDoc.CoCreateInstance(__uuidof(DOMDocument));
>spXSLTDoc->put_async(VARIANT_FALSE);
>HINSTANCE hInst = _AtlBaseModule.GetResourceInstance();
>
>HRSRC hResInfo = ::FindResource(hInst,
>MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_XSLTFORMAT), L"xslt");
>HGLOBAL hResData = ::LoadResource(hInst, hResInfo);
>CComBSTR bstrXMLData = (LPSTR)::LockResource(hResData); // in debug
>version vc will append "MSFT" after my xml string??? it leads to
>loadXML failure, why????
>
>VARIANT_BOOL bSuccess;
>hr = spXSLTDoc->loadXML(bstrXMLData, &bSuccess);
>
>sometimes i just edit and save the xslt file again, it will work in
>debug version but  failed in release version, i just cant it work both
>in debug and release version ? can anyone tell me why??
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
6/17/2007 6:26:03 PM
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:26:03 -0400, Joseph M. Newcomer
<newcomer@flounder.com> wrote:

>There are two key problems I see here:
>
>First, there is no reason to suspect that there is a NUL character at the end of the data,

OK, David Connet already signaled that in the thread.

>Second, you have chosen to interpret the data as raw bytes; are you absolutely sure the
>resource is stored as 8-bit bytes?

This is a very good point in general, thanks.
But in the OP's specific case, IMHO I think he is doing the right
thing with LPCSTR (const char *) because he embedded an XSLT file,
which cleary states in its header that it is encoded with UTF-8:

>>here's it's conent:
>><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/
>>Transform">
>>  <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" cdata-section-elements=""/
                             *****************
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In general, it seems to me that XML (and XML-derived formats, like
XSLT, etc.) tend to use UTF-8 as encoding, and I think it is fine; in
fact, with UTF-8 there is no problem about underlying processor
little-endiannes or big-endiannes (while encodings that use 16 bits or
32 bits code units can be LE or BE). So UTF-8 is very useful e.g. to
exchange text through the Internet, when you don't know the CPU
endianness of the target machine. And UTF-8 is "only UTF-8" (while
UTF-16 and 32 can be UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF32-BE...).

As I wrote in other posts, I tend to use UTF-8 encoding outside the
app, and convert to UTF-16 to use the string inside the app.
I use UTF-16 inside just because it is the "native" Unicode format for
Windows (at least, this is my understanding), so I think that UTF-16
(I think it is UTF-16LE, because Intel CPUs are little-endian) is the
fastest way to handle Unicode in Windows apps.
(Even if we pass an Ansi string to some Win32 API ending with "A" e.g.
::SetWindowTextA, I believe that the Win32 implementation would
convert the Ansi string to Unicode and forward the call to
::SetWindowTextW).

So, to store UTF-8 strings, I think that using
LPCSTR/CStringA/std::string is fine.

Then the OP could convert his UTF-8 string read from resources and
stored into CStringA(/std::string/...whatever) to UTF-16 using
::MultiByteToWideChar.

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
6/18/2007 8:17:07 AM
See below...
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:17:07 GMT, MrAsm <mrasm@usa.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:26:03 -0400, Joseph M. Newcomer
><newcomer@flounder.com> wrote:
>
>>There are two key problems I see here:
>>
>>First, there is no reason to suspect that there is a NUL character at the end of the data,
>
>OK, David Connet already signaled that in the thread.
>

>>Second, you have chosen to interpret the data as raw bytes; are you absolutely sure the
>>resource is stored as 8-bit bytes?
>
>This is a very good point in general, thanks.
>But in the OP's specific case, IMHO I think he is doing the right
>thing with LPCSTR (const char *) because he embedded an XSLT file,
>which cleary states in its header that it is encoded with UTF-8:
>
>>>here's it's conent:
>>><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/
>>>Transform">
>>>  <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" cdata-section-elements=""/
>                             *****************
>                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*****
Although this would require that the input be converted from UTF-8 to ANSI.  In that case,
it usually takes two transformations, ::MulitByteToWideChar for UTF-8 to Unicode and
::WideCharToMultiByte to convert back to ANSI.
*****
>In general, it seems to me that XML (and XML-derived formats, like
>XSLT, etc.) tend to use UTF-8 as encoding, and I think it is fine; in
>fact, with UTF-8 there is no problem about underlying processor
>little-endiannes or big-endiannes (while encodings that use 16 bits or
>32 bits code units can be LE or BE). So UTF-8 is very useful e.g. to
>exchange text through the Internet, when you don't know the CPU
>endianness of the target machine. And UTF-8 is "only UTF-8" (while
>UTF-16 and 32 can be UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF32-BE...).
****
I tend to use UTF-8 for the same reasons for intermachine communication; for example, my
recent rewrite of the abomination Microsoft called a multithreaded socket example uses it
for the transport layer.
*****

>As I wrote in other posts, I tend to use UTF-8 encoding outside the
>app, and convert to UTF-16 to use the string inside the app.
>I use UTF-16 inside just because it is the "native" Unicode format for
>Windows (at least, this is my understanding), so I think that UTF-16
>(I think it is UTF-16LE, because Intel CPUs are little-endian) is the
>fastest way to handle Unicode in Windows apps.
>(Even if we pass an Ansi string to some Win32 API ending with "A" e.g.
>::SetWindowTextA, I believe that the Win32 implementation would
>convert the Ansi string to Unicode and forward the call to
>::SetWindowTextW).
>
>So, to store UTF-8 strings, I think that using
>LPCSTR/CStringA/std::string is fine.
>
>Then the OP could convert his UTF-8 string read from resources and
>stored into CStringA(/std::string/...whatever) to UTF-16 using
>::MultiByteToWideChar.
>
>MrAsm
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Database file in use
I am having problems with one of my Access databases in which the database file is locked and only one user can get in at a time. If anyone else tries to get into it, it says "file in use." I have not made any changes to the database, including security, since this problem started or even before it. The only way to clear the problem is to restart the server. The problem is then temporarily resolved. The ldb file for that database is also locked up when this problem happens. If you try to open it with Word or Notpad, it says "Access denied." Has anyone else come...

Date problem #6
I have a column containing 4/21/2004 10/7/2003 5/5/2004 Which I need to convert to UK dates. because of the variables(4/, 10/) I am unable to use mid etc in seperate columns. also =TEXT(f2,"DD/MM/YY")fails to work. Hi are these values 'real' date values. If yes a simple format should do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gerry" <Gerry.Briant@goodrich.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9a4601c486b0$01ac1f40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a column containing > 4/21/2004 > 10/7/2003 > 5/5/2004 > Which I need to convert to UK dates. > bec...

Problem with BSP include(s) and WINCEOEM=1 / _OEMINCPATHs
I am having trouble building a routine included with a BSP I added into my installation of Platform Builder. I know the problem is relating to the include directories the complier is reading during a build. For example (using command line debug build): cd C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\TI_EVM_3530\SRC\TEST\SHELL build -c returns the error: BUILD: [01:0000000026:ERRORE] C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\TI_EVM_3530\SRC\TEST\SHELL\.\shell.cxx(1322) : error C2065: 'DEVMODE' : undeclared identifier Basically, the compiler can't find the header file, in this case (wingdi.h) which contai...

Problem Saving
Wow, got a good one and finding nothing... I have a user who checks out a file, (Excel in this case), Edits the tile, saves and checks back in via Excel. Then when another user opens said file the changes are not present. The version history lists the revision time and date by the user but the changes are not present. No errors on saving or checking in, nothing. Extremely weird and I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this... WSS 3.0 Client is Windows 7/IE8/Office 2007. Any ideas are welcome... Thanks, Derek Weird. May not have anything to do w...

Is there another way to administer folder-level security without using outlook?
I have some Outlook web access only users who would like to share a folder with other users. The only way that I know how to do that is in outlook '03 (right click the folder, properties, permissions tab, Add...). Is there a way for the user to do this themselves via OWA? Alternatively is there a way that I can administer this with the exchange system manager or some other MMC snap-in. Thanks, Steve On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:11:38 -0500, "Stephen M" <smeier-spamless@primelink1.net> wrote: >I have some Outlook web access only users who would like to share a folder &g...

FTPTree.sln Problems
Hello, I tried to run the sample of FTPtree.sln application which I got from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_mfc_FTPTREE.asp?frame=true in Visual C++ Express but I got the error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory. I think that even if I had 'afxwin.h' I would still need 'afxext.h' and 'afxcview.h' as they appear to be MFC core components and extensions to run FTPTree.sln solution. I am new to Visual C++ environment and have no idea what to do could somebody please tell me ...

Problems with Deserialization...
Hi, I'm having problems with some very simple deserialization code and would appreciate it very much if I could get some help here. The following is the code: ========================================================= XmlReader reader = new XmlTextReader("test.xml"); XmlValidatingReader vr = new XmlValidatingReader(reader); try { while (vr.Read()){} XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Event)); ev = (Event)xs.Deserialize(reader); } catch (Exception e) { System.Console.WriteLine(e.Message); } System.Console.WriteLine(ev.Config.User); <<<< This ...

Problem with MFC on Vista
Hello, A new problem appear in an old app when i go on Vista (not so old ... 1 year old) - I have an opengl context in a pop-up window. I need to have the focus on the window when the mouse in on it, so i procede like that : OnMouseMove() { SetFocus(); ... Set Things with mouse move ... } .... In another thread while(notexit) { ... glVertex3f(...) ... wglSwapBuffer(); } The problem appear ONLY on Vista, when the window does not have the focus and the mouse enter in the client area, a fram...

OWAADMIN PROBLEM
Hi, I have installed OWAADMIN in my frontend exchange 2003. My problem is that I can't change any parameter because all texbox are showed "disabled". I logon with the exchange service account. What's wrong? Somebody known this tool? Thanks. Install it on your backend server. AM <jose.manuel.miranda@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1169035791.611507.77010@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I have installed OWAADMIN in my frontend exchange 2003. My problem > is that I can't change any parameter because all texbox are showed > "disabled". I ...

My Documents problem
Hi My computer is running Win XP Pro and is part of a domain network. After I log on, the I: drive (which is my home drive) is redirected to My Documents. From the desktop, double-clicking on My Documents will open it - no problem. From My Computer, opening of the I: drive will open it - no problem. From Word (Excel or any Office 2003 app), clicking on File | Open and navigating to My Documents will display an error. The error is: You do not have access to the folder '\\serverXYZ\ShareABC$'. See your administrator for access to this folder. It seems that this proble...

Problem Sequentially Numbering Records
Hi everybody. I am having a problem with a query that I am working on. I have a table containing customer names, trade dates, and dollar amounts. Customers can have multiple trades on the same day, sometimes even the same dollar amount. I want to have the table sorted by name, date, then dollars so the query pulls everything in from lowest/earliest to highest/latest. I was trying to make a query that pulled in the customer name and trade dates, then added a new column called "Row" that had the record number. I want the query to show all names and dates, since there are ...

Problem about customize CFileDlg
Hi all! I set a ONFHookProc function for CfileDialog to save a file.In this hook function,I process the CDN_FILEOK notify message. When the selected file is read-only, I return like this, let the user select file again: // read-only file... ::SetWindowLongPtr(hdlg, DWL_MSGRESULT, 1); return 1; Otherwise, return and save the file: // normal file... ::SetWindowLongPtr(hdlg, DWL_MSGRESULT, 0); return 0; But CFileDialog's DoModal function generated an assert at this time, though it not affected saving file: ASSERT(pThreadState->mpAlternateWndInit == NULL); Why there was an assert? I ...

OWA Problem #5
I am running Bussiness 2003 server with Outlook Web Access When I try to access my email from my laptop at home running XP I can view my mail but cannot access my inbox to read my email. Can anyone help. Thanks ...

Outlook 2000 hangs after using Outlook 2003
Hi all I'm running Exchange 2000 and a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients with users having roaming profiles so they work on different machines. I have a problem where a user will work on a machine with Outlook 2003 fine, but then when going back to an Outlook 2000 machine, Outlook hangs on exit and has to be closed with task manager. I have tried deleting the users' profiles and recreating them, and then confining them to machines running only Outlook 2000, but it seems like that one run-in with Outlook 2003 has changed something somewhere that really annoys Outlook ...

Toolbox problems
Open toolbox. Select Scrapbook copied graphic. Place the graphic in a document by dragging, double click on the graphic and select place object behind text. This causes word to crash. When I open the document again I can then select place behind text save and not crash. BTW I am using a signature graphic, Before anyone can even try to help you'll need to indicate your current version & update levels for both Office & OS X. Without that info it's hard to guess where to begin. -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "scubadoc" <ajo911@gmail...

A problem with relative reference
I have created column A and B with numerical values. All the respective (same row) cells of column C, as the LAST COLUMN, contain the formula: =ROUND(((RC[-1]-RC[-2])*100/RC[-2]),1) The idea is simply for the last column to show the difference in percentage between the values of the LAST TWO COLUMNS THAT PRECEEDED it - I intend from time to time introduce a new set of numerical values in a new column I would add from time to time to the left of the last column. But, as I insert new columns with values left to the last column, the last column keeps to show its original values, that is, the diff...

Using Access Queries in Excel
All, I have a lot of data in access, and I have built a sample query to get the data summary that I want. I also have a chart in Excel that charts the data. What I would like to do, is allow the user to select a data range, for example and have the query be changed to select the dates chosen. How do I do that from Excel? Can someone point me to information on this? Thanks, Steve Why not do the charting in Access? It's much simpler to do all the work in one application. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat f...

Case-sensitive sort problem
I'm using Excel 2000 9.0.7616 (sp-3). I enter in column A the i individual cells the values of upper-case A & B lower-case a & b, hyphen and an underscore. I high-light the cells with data, click o data and then sort. In the sort window I click Options and the leaving 'first key sort order' as normal, I check the Case sensitv option on. Click Ok to get back to the sort window. I'm sorting b column A, I click ok and expact the resulting ASCII sequence sor results to be hyphen, upper A & B, underscore, and then lower a & b. Instead I get hyphen, underscore, ...

problem with AUTD sending notifications
I have a PPC running WM2003 and I have successfully synched with the Exchange server manually. However, when I receive email to my exchange account, my PPC is never notified. I ran the AUTD test tool, it shows the correct information for my phone, but when I attempt to send a test message through the test tool, I'm told: Send Test Mail to Device Attempt to send mail failed because of the following error: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. Sending a test email to my cell phone number at the address that the test application lists works successfully. A search on that error h...

Check box problem
I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock the table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the others parts of the table/form. Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of the form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and click on the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user friendly solution for what surely should be simple.) V For a form that includes check boxes, you must add text f...

Attachment wierdness
Hi, I have a strange issue with attachments. I have reviewed other posts on this subject and am not too sure if they are applicable. Permit me to explain. I have ONE person who is sending an email a person at a client. The email contains an attachment (we tried it with a .TIF file). When the recipient gets the attachment, it is encoded in the message as Winmail.dat but is not visible to the user as an attachment. The sender is using Outlook 2003 on small business server and the recipient is using OE 6 with all the latest updates. So far, this sounds like the RTF problem, right? Here's ...

Outlook 2003, using Word 2002 as editor
Outlook 2003 only seems to give Word 2003 as an option for the Word editor. We only have Word 2002 installed, so the option is greyed out. How do you get it to use Word 2002? Also, is there an option to make it come up with a 'yes/no' option when you get new mail? "You have recieved new mail, would you like to read it?" Like it does in Outlook XP? Thanks! Versions must match. Always been that way. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29e301c3afa0$dfedd600$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Out...

Custom view problem
I had a custom view name "partial function" added which include autofilter. after using the selected custom, I set autofilter to display all again, saved the file. Next opening of the file, freeze panes automatically activated at half the current view of the spreadsheet! Is this a bug? ...

xsl:if and nested td tag problem
I'm using XSL to transform an XML document to HTML, however I'm encountering the following problem.I want to test a couple of values using an xsl:if statement and then print a couple of HTML tags only when the condition is met: <xsl:if test="position() = $countPar"> </td> <td width="50%" valign="top"> </xsl:if> However, the parser takes offence at the td closing tag following an xsl:if opening tag. What do I do? Thanks Steven Steven wrote: > I've got a number of elements that each contain a...

Copy Rows found using Find All feature
I am looking for data in a spreadsheet containing a certain word. If i do a Find All, I am given all of the rows that contain the word. Is there a way to then copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyword? I find myself clicking each line found in find all, going back to the spreadsheet, copying and pasting in a new spreadsheet. I then keep repeating this task. there has to be a better way. thank you, Hi Scott, > I am given all of the rows that contain the word. Is there a way to then > copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyw...