Why the results of debug and release version is different.

Hi,
I create a project with vs2005 (both c++ and c# are used, sames the
problem is about c++) and it working well in Debug version but the
result is wrong in Release version. I checked again and again and no
difference of logic is found between two versions. I'm confused and
don't known how to correct it. Is there anyone encountered similar
deed? Any tips is wellcome.

Regards.

Bai Xiaoliang.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

bantamweight@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I create a project with vs2005 (both c++ and c# are used, sames the
> problem is about c++) and it working well in Debug version but the
> result is wrong in Release version. I checked again and again and no
> difference of logic is found between two versions. I'm confused and
> don't known how to correct it. Is there anyone encountered similar
> deed? Any tips is wellcome.
>
> Regards.
>
> Bai Xiaoliang.

You can change the release build setting to generate the debug info
file.  This will let you debug your release version.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
9/9/2006 6:09:27 PM
Depends on what your result is.  Since you don't say anything about what went wrong,
there's no way to guess whether this is a bug in your code that only shows up in release
code, or a bug in the compiler, or whatever.

There are lots of tips if you can explain what the problem is beyond "my program doesn't
work".
			joe

On 9 Sep 2006 10:50:28 -0700, bantamweight@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>I create a project with vs2005 (both c++ and c# are used, sames the
>problem is about c++) and it working well in Debug version but the
>result is wrong in Release version. I checked again and again and no
>difference of logic is found between two versions. I'm confused and
>don't known how to correct it. Is there anyone encountered similar
>deed? Any tips is wellcome.
>
>Regards.
>
>Bai Xiaoliang.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
9/9/2006 8:07:39 PM
> I create a project with vs2005 (both c++ and c# are used, sames the
> problem is about c++) and it working well in Debug version but the
> result is wrong in Release version.

What is result? What is supposedly wrong? You mention you are using C# as
well. Is this managed C++/CLI?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
9/10/2006 1:11:01 AM
Hi,
Thanks for all kindly answers.
The problem is caused by my negligence.
My solution including several projects, yesterday, I moved one header
file which including template classes from project A to B and corrected
implemention of the template classes. I only build the release verion
of the solution without clean solution first. Thus the wrong result is
gotten. And after clean the solution firstly before build the
solution(or rebuild), every thing is right.

Regard.

Bai Xiaoliang

Web install reverts to trial version
I downloaded the trial version and then used web install to upgrade to the full version. I installed the web install and after the automatic updates are downloaded Money reverts back to the trial version. After I relaunch money the product now changes back to the trial version. Can you help In microsoft.public.money, TomZ wrote: >I downloaded the trial version and then used web install to upgrade to the >full version. I installed the web install and after the automatic updates are >downloaded Money reverts back to the trial version. After I relaunch money >the product no...

If statement result appearing in different colors
Is there a way to write an IF statement where the text will change color depending on the result? eg =if(x=0,"RED-colored text","BLACK-colored text") where 'RED-colored text' would appear in RED, etc Thank You! WayneD Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting. WGD wrote: > > Is there a way to write an IF statement where the text will change color > depending on the result? eg > > =if(x=0,"RED-colored text","BLACK-colored text") where 'RED-colored text' > would appear in RED, etc > > Thank ...

Conditional Formatting using result of Cell Formulas
Hi, I'm trying to make a conditional format when the result of a formula results in a value being entered in a cell. I'm using Excel Xp and my formula is as follows. =IF(F160="Need Info",TODAY()-S160,"") I've tried using formulas like >0, <>"", <>BLANK etc. but they all seem to fail. All cells are formatted, even entirely blank cells, as if the condition has been met. BTW, is this formula better strategically than the above formula. =IF(F160<>"Need Info","",TODAY()-S160) Just curious. TIA!!! Norm If ...

Please help me decipher the result of COUNT.
Following data from A1:A7 Sales 12/8/2008 19 22.24 TRUE #DIV/0! =COUNT(A1:A7,2) returns 4. I don't understand where the four occurrences of 2 come from. 22.24 = 3 occurrences 12/8/2008 = 2 occurrences total of 5?? I know I am missing something. Please tell me. Is there a tool that I can use to trace? I tried the formula auditing toolbar, no luck because there is no error and trace precedents is not detailed enough. Appreciate explanation. Epinn have a look in the help index for COUNT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr...

How to paste Conditional Formatting to other cells but using different data cell
I've made a spreadsheet that has a column for days of testing and another column that calculates the actual days it took for testing. Each row has a different day requirment of when testing should be complete. How can I format the column of "actual days of testing" to color the cell in red with bold type when the value of this cell is greater than the cell of "days of testing"? I tried conditional formating, but this only works for one row, when I tried to paste the format to other cells it used the data source from the first row. It would be too time consuming to indiv...

sql result different to excel result
Hi, Just wondering why I am having such problems rounding figures, when I round the same figure on an Excel Sheet, I end up with a different end result to what appears in sql. The Excel Looks Like This. Net Vat Total Allocated Result (=(NET+VAT)/Allocated*Total) 900.00 157.50 1721.38 1721.38 1057.50 150.00 26.25 1721.38 1721.38 176.25 The Result field is a calculated field and is rounded to 2 decimal places, the calculation is in brackets next to the title name. The Table in SQL has the same structure but the net, vat,...

Count results from query with no results
I have continous form with an unbound text box [keyword] and a button [search]. There is also an unbound textbox [numberofresults] that counts the number of records returned. If the search produces no results, the [numberofresults] needs to read 0, instead it is just blank. What is the proper way to show zero results as 0 and not blank? It depends on how you are doing your search? Do you have a function? Are you just filtering the recordset? Dale -- email address is invalid Please reply to newsgroup only. "Ryan Tisserand" wrote: > I have continous form with an un...

Debug output cleared
For the first time ever, I decided to choose 'Clear' in the shortcut menu in my Debug Output window. Now, even after closing VC(6) and reopening it, the Debug Output will not display anything. 'Build' and 'Find in Files' are fine. Any suggestions? And now it is displaying again. ----------- "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23K5EjuY1GHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > For the first time ever, I decided to choose 'Clear' in the shortcut menu > in my Debug Output window. Now, even after closi...

Formula to return numerical, text result?
I need to create a formula that based upon three possible factors, wil return one of two calculations or a text message. If cell B="Good", the formula in cell C returns "Text" If cell B="Better", the formula in cell C returns cell A*.3 If cell B="Best", the formula in cell C returns cell A*.5 Thanks in advance for any tips -- burgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- burgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2023 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

How to replace a function with its result or resulting reference in a formula?
Hello How to replace a function with its result in a formula? For example, =INDEX(...)+INDEX(...) with =result_of_INDEX(a...)+result_of_INDEX(b...)=1025+1307. How to replace a function with its resulting reference in a formula? For example, =HLOOKUP(1...)+HLOOKUP(2...) with =b11+z11. I need to replace in 1000 cells automatically. "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:%23cF5PL9zFHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to replace a function with its result in a formula? For example, > =INDEX(...)+INDEX(...) with > =r...

Hide results
I am putting together a summary spreadsheet of dates from seperate worksheets in an excel file. In the summary sheet I reference the 'end' date from the summary sheet. If there is no date in the original file, what formula can I use to leave that cell blank/hide on the summary sheet? The way I have it now the results show the default of 1/0/1900 Here is the formula used to reference the info from. =Summary!K5 =IF(Summary!K5="","",Summary!K5) -- David Biddulph "bigred72" <bigred72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Access to view worksheets with different passwords
I know how to password protect a workbook at the workbook level for viewing and editing. I would like to be able to set up the workbook so that it always defaults to the same tab, and once inside, users can only view the other tabs in the workbook if they have a separate password unique to that tab. Example: The workbook has tabs: "Group Sales Results", "Mark's Sales Results", and "Sandy's Sales Results", where group results are a roll-up of Mark and Sandy's results. How can I structure the workbook so that Mark and Sandy use a common password t...

Rounding actual results
Hi, I've got a grid that says: Hr Min Maths: 5 25 English: 7 25 And so on. I'm wanting to work out how much time is devoted to learning in the whole week. What I've got so far is: Hr Min Total learning time: =A1+A2... (counts up all totals in hours column) My current answer for hours is 18. I'm stuck with what to do with the minutes column. so far, I've got an ...

Microsoft Money Version 3
I went to balance my checking account and had to postpone. When I was ready to continue balancing I went to Tools/Balance Account and got a warning message that says "You have previously postponed balancing the account. If you entered a service charge or interest amount last, you can't change them here. You can change them later in the Account Book window. I clicked "OK" but it still would not allow me to continue. I went back to my Account Book and deleted the service charge and interest owned amounts. However, now the amounts shown on Service Charge and Interest Earn...

ExBPA v2.1 Released Today!
For more info on enhancements, see the Exchange Team blog http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/archive/2005/06/24/406846.aspx -- -- Melissa Travers, MCSE MVP Lead - Exchange Server, Security & Virtual Machine Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Debugging the Cause of a BSOD on Vista Home 32bit
Howdy All, So i am currently working on a friend's laptop and it has me truly stumped. It is a Dell Inspiron 1420 running Vista Home 32bit. After a clean Vista install the laptop starts to BSOD on start up after installing all the initial Windows updates. I can confirm that the system continues to work/function just fine if I leave the updates off - but I am bear to do so because I know there are some critical system updates included among those first update batch. I did a bit of debugging work and at first though it might have been the hard-drive causing the issue (I ran a ...

Formula Result is different from the shown result
In the Function Arguments dialog the official Formula Result is different (and wrong) from the result shown after "=" just under the Serial number field. I am using the Year formula. Whatever formatting I use for the date neither this formula nor Text to Columns can return the correct year. EG: Date is 15-05-07 or 39217, Forumula Result = 1905 but under serial number field it shows the correct result of = 2007 Dan, This question; at least to me, isn't clear. What are you entering and where and what is the formula you are referring to? If you enter something ...

Displaying and hyperlinking search results in MFC app
I have an MFC (MDI) app that was written using Visual Studio 6. The app retrieves some search results from the database and I want to display those to the user. From the search results I want the user to be able to click via hyperlink to pull up the item. Within MFC what is the best way to display this data? The requirements are: 1. I want to be able to include a small icon for each seach result. 2. I want to include some descriptive text and have the ability to change the colors of that text. 3. I need to be able to trap the clicked event on the hyperlink. 4. It would also be nice if ...

[ANN] 12.0.1 targeted for release March 11
For details see the Entourage Help Blog: <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Diane Ross <diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote: >For details see the Entourage Help Blog: > ><http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Good news, Diane!!!!! Do you know the details of what it is expected to be corrected with this update? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Plea...

Business Portal 3.0
Hi, I cannot see any Project related data in the Business Portal Queries. I have checked, double-checked and triple-checked security, and all seems valid. My user is a Project Manager and Project Approver. The Project Manager role definitely has Data Permissions access to all the Project objects. There are about 142 projects in total. If I click in Project-Queries-Projects, I get the message: Query Returned No Results Any ideas? Regards Konrad ...

HQ Client Debug Mode
We are using RMS 1.3 with HQ in windows 2003 environment having four Outlets. HQ Clint of one store is showing Debug Mode with red alert and events information in HQ client are showing in very different format then normal communication information. Beside these data is communicating correctly. I am afraid if this would create some problem in future. Any one having this experience and how to resolve this issue? Thanks in Advance. Regards, Any one have face this problem or know about it please help to resolve it "NAVEED" wrote: > We are using RMS 1.3 with HQ in windows 200...

Too Many Different Cell Formats!
Has anyone ever gotten this message? I have a large spreadsheet. I keep adding more info and change a format like maybe text color and this message pops up, "Too Many Different Cell Formats!" It has shut down excel on me at the worst or just stopped me changing the format at the least. Copying part of the sheet to a new workbook just copies over the problem. Is there any way to stop this, or reduce the number of formats? Starting over is not an easy option. I have run across this problem in the past. Unfortunately, excell has a limitation as to how much formatting...

ANN: Liquid Technologies Releases New Freeware XML Studio And Silverlight Code Generator
Liquid Technologies Ltd (http://www.liquid-technologies.com) is pleased to announce the latest release of its free graphical XML development environment, Liquid XML Studio 2009. Liquid XML Studio 2009 extends and improves on the existing functionality by introducing other new tools and technologies that our users have requested in order to continue to make Liquid XML Studio the best value XML development environment available, and include: - Silverlight code generation, which has been added to the Liquid XML Data Binder to generate code for Silverlight 2.0 in both C# and VB .Net, and include...

Debug assert annoyingly generated...
I have a program that has a few windows in it. Most of the windows are modeless, but the main window is a modal dialog - well, the real main window. (Windows thinks the main window for all of the windows is an invisible window. I'll fix that later.) Any how...at present, when I close the program, I get the following debug assertion: Debug Assertion Failed! Program: <path>\myprog.exe File: f:\vs70builds\3077\MFCATL\ship\atlmfc\include\afxwin2.inl Line: 46 The lines brought up when I hit retry are the following: afxwin2.inl, lines 45-46: _AFXWIN_INLINE BOOL CWnd::PostMessage(UI...

Feature I would like to see in future version
I have such a hard time keeping track of all the medical bills and deductibles and such. I wish MS Money had a feature to deal with keeping track of medical bills. Almost like the 401K manager or something along that line. I could enter my health insurance parameters: co-pay, deductible, maximum out of pocket, etc. and then MS Money would keep track of how much I will owe. Then once the insurance statement came in I could reconcile the amounts and move the balance due over to my Bills. Sweet! M05 would indicate that future development will concentrate on weaning us from existing...