Why the error "A required resource is not found" comes?

Hello All,

In my MFC MDI application, I am rotating the DC using SetWorldTransform()
and then drawing something. Only some part of the drawing will be done after
rotating the dc, the rest will be drawn in the unrotated dc. Now when the
user does some interaction on the view, which cuases a change in the way
things are drawn in the dc, sometimes sporadically I am getting an error
message box

"A required resource is not found"

This doesn't happen as soon as the user interaction happens, it takes some
time.

Can anyone tell me whether or not this is a common error, or is it something
specific. Anyone has an idea about the usual cause(s) of this error message?

Thanks in advance,
Jessy
0
Jessica (74)
2/7/2008 4:48:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You should debug and see where this error is coming from. I havent seen this
error and it is likely specific to your code. You can pause at the moment
the dialog shows up and see where it is in code and what resource it is
looking for.

---
Ajay

"Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> In my MFC MDI application, I am rotating the DC using SetWorldTransform()
> and then drawing something. Only some part of the drawing will be done
> after
> rotating the dc, the rest will be drawn in the unrotated dc. Now when the
> user does some interaction on the view, which cuases a change in the way
> things are drawn in the dc, sometimes sporadically I am getting an error
> message box
>
> "A required resource is not found"
>
> This doesn't happen as soon as the user interaction happens, it takes some
> time.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether or not this is a common error, or is it
> something
> specific. Anyone has an idea about the usual cause(s) of this error
> message?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jessy

0
ajaykalra (6841)

Why the error "A required resource is not found" comes?
Hello All, In my MFC MDI application, I am rotating the DC using SetWorldTransform() and then drawing something. Only some part of the drawing will be done after rotating the dc, the rest will be drawn in the unrotated dc. Now when the user does some interaction on the view, which cuases a change in the way things are drawn in the dc, sometimes sporadically I am getting an error message box "A required resource is not found" This doesn't happen as soon as the user interaction happens, it takes some time. Can anyone tell me whether or not this is a common error, or is it...