why destructor is not called

Hi,
How is this possible that destructor is not called
when I quit my application? This is toolbar for IE.
For one of my classes destructor is not called causing
memory leaks. Class was created on the stack and there is no inheritance.
thanks for advice

0
kc2ine (84)
4/14/2005 9:58:19 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

write part of the source code. which is the class and where it is used.

andrew wrote:
> Hi,
> How is this possible that destructor is not called
> when I quit my application? This is toolbar for IE.
> For one of my classes destructor is not called causing
> memory leaks. Class was created on the stack and there is no
inheritance.
> thanks for advice

I am assuming you are doing this thru COM. Depending upon your flow,
its possible that there is a reference to it by some other object (IE
or your own code). That may cause your module to stay in memory. There
is no general way to figure it out. Can  you see what is ref count on
the object when you expect it to be destoryed?

---------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
4/15/2005 5:05:03 PM
yes, this is com plug in for IE.
Probably you're right -something sitting in memory after close.

>I am assuming you are doing this thru COM. Depending upon your flow,
> its possible that there is a reference to it by some other object (IE
> or your own code). That may cause your module to stay in memory. There
> is no general way to figure it out. Can  you see what is ref count on
> the object when you expect it to be destoryed?
>
> ---------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0