why crash in the second method of one interface

Hi,

Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The
strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in :
0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page
to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK.

 ITemplateManage mytemplate;
 if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage"))
 {
  IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in
FUN_Template::Add()");
  return false;
 }

 result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename);
 decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templatefilename);//error in this line.

Can anyone suggest possible problem?

Thank you
Kelvin

Make your own website
http://www.ewisoft.com
Ewisoft Website Builder

0
Kelvin_gl (33)
9/1/2003 9:54:12 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 09:54:12 UTC, "Kelvin" <Kelvin_gl@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The
> strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in :
> 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page
> to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK.
>
>  ITemplateManage mytemplate;
>  if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage"))
>  {
>   IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in
> FUN_Template::Add()");
>   return false;
>  }
>
>  result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename);

  Should you have checked the value of result?

>  decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templatefilename);//error in this line.

  Are you certain templatefilename is valid before the call?

> Can anyone suggest possible problem?
>
> Thank you
> Kelvin
>

> Make your own website
> http://www.ewisoft.com
> Ewisoft Website Builder

  David

Money 2005 Crashes on Starup
When I start Money 05 and sign in online, the program goes to the My Money homepage and then crashes. This happens every time I start money while online. If I check the Work Offline checkbox, the system is fine, but I can't download anything. To get it to work I have to start Money 05 and then before I log in, I kill the mnybbsvc.exe program. Then it will occasionally work, but often requires another kill/startup cycle. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. PS: I have the latest version and it has worked fine for me so far. Brian In microsoft.public.money, Brian Vallelunga wrote: ...

outlook 2003 crashes when opeing inbox email
on certain emails that have a read-only word doc as an attachment, that are in the Inbox, when I go to open them, outlook completely shuts down. other emails are fine. tried this as well: right click on the same email and move to another folder - now I can view it fine. if I reboot the compter, the same situation happens all over again. signed, puzzled Paul in PA ...

crash in Exit_Instance
I have a simple dialog-based application that loads a dll. I am having a problem with it as follows: When I close the main window, I get an access violation in the ExitInstance function. I see that ExitInstance is called once for the dll (which succeeds) and then once for the main app (which is the call that fails). Stepping through the code, I see that the access violation occurs because the pointer returned by AfxGetModuleState for the second call of ExitInstance points to memory that appears to have been deleted already, and in fact is the same as the pointer returned by the fi...

Information store crashes due to IMC??
I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed in KB article 278320. Yet the fix listed in the article is SP4 for Exchange?? I even reinstalled SP4 early last week & it's still crashing every third day or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Patrick Ford Start by applying post-SP4 hot-fixes. If it continues to crash - call MS PSS and ask for help. KC2NC wrote: > I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 > My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed > in KB article...

linking charts to one database
I want the same chart from the same database to be linked to two different worksheets so that any changes made will transfer to both charts. ...

anyway common way to handle crash i com object?
Any common way to handle com interface crash?actually i coudn't finout exact reason of crash..(crash coming in releasing time,once in a while) any help really appreciable What kind of crash? Is it throwing an exception? AliR. <hellokareem@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145870108.295757.254160@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Any common way to handle com interface crash?actually i coudn't finout > exact reason of crash..(crash coming in releasing time,once in a while) > any help really appreciable > You have provided no information to help you. Make a releas...

Copy column widths from one spreadsheet to another
I need to copy (reapply) the column widths from my formatted spreadsheet to another one. I get an new copy of the spreadsheet each week from our finance admin with updated data and I want to copy over just the column widths (and if possible hide certain columns) without overwriting the updated spreadsheet's cell formats (font color and highlights). I know about Format Painter but it seems to overwrite the cell formats and other highlights. Thanks, Joe drumbeat, Try select/copy/paste special/column widths.... Beege "drumbeat54" <joe@dicara.ca> wrote in message ne...

Clip Organizer Crash Crash Crash
At my wit's end. Win Xp Pro SP1 Office 2002 SP2 Pentium 2.4Ghz HT 1GB RAM Defragged Disk Clean up - OK Recycle Bin - Empty Internet Cache - Clean Temp Folder - Empty Clip Organizer - Compact Video Drivers - OK (Installed when system was set up, operating for 6 months without a problem.) Working on Publisher files. Insert picture, Enter key word, Search, Get results, Start to scroll through results, Little by little, clips start to appear more slowly until finally the program hangs and clips no longer continue to appear, I get 'Program has stopped responding', or have to s...

Picklist with option to choose more than one item
I need to create a picklist in which one can choose multiple items. For example, I want to create a picklist for Account Type where I could choose several of the following options: customer vendor manufacturer a/p a/r distributor international etc... I can't believe this isn't possible. The only time I can choose how to show this on the form designer is if the option is a byte. Then you can choose whether you want a list, radio button or check box, but you can only have two choices... ...

My rows are off by one row, ie. data on line 10 should line up wi.
Please put your question in the *body* of the post... In article <29625C7E-C790-4C0E-88C6-DBAF98AD63FF@microsoft.com>, lindamari <lindamari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

how outlook combine splitted attachment back to one?
In Outlook, how can I combine several emails with splitted big-size attachment back into one? I see Outlook Express can do this automatically, it's pity Outlook without this feature! Rgds, Dove <it@andrewliu.com.hk> wrote in message news:%231nLmXxEJHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > In Outlook, how can I combine several emails with splitted big-size > attachment back into one? Download from the Internet one of the may tools available to do this. I like UUD32Win, available from http://www.marks-lab.com/ > I see Outlook Express can do this automatically, it's p...

Money 2003 Crashes
Whenever I change the portfolio view from "standard" to "performance" the Money 2003 Standard program crashes and closes. Do I reinstall the program after backing up my data, or do I first uninstall before doing the reinstall. Thanks, FL Green Reinstalling may not help. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=85. "FL Green" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1922101c44c83$d4b5fda0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I change the portfolio view from "standard" > to "performance...

Outlook crashing when selecting Tools/Macros or VBA
Outlook 2K3 crashes ( and restarts ) when you select Macros or Visual Basic editor in the Tools-Menu. Can anyone help me to sort this out ? ( I'am using Windows XP Home Edition ) ...

Latest updates crashed Application Pools on my IIS server!!!
This morning I installed several new updates on an IIS 6.0 server hosting WSS 3.0. It's a standalone SharePoint installation and the same server also runs the SQL 2005. Once the updates were installed and the computer rebooted, all my Application Pools were in "stopped" state with "unspecified error" as description. Of course, all sites hosted on this server came back with "service unavailable" page. I uninstalled four out of seven updates, 955759, 973917, 973904 and 976325 (IE8), and the sites came back online. I had a similar experience wit...

displaying several charts, one at the time
I have several charts on the result sheet. I would like to create the procedure which will display one chart after another, one at the time, putting it in the middle of the screen, like the user form or message window. In addition I would like to add the continue button to move to the next chart to be displayed. Is it possible ? I could put each chart on separate sheet but I prefer to keep them all on one sheet. Thanks for advice. Tony try this url http://edferrero.m6.net/Content/ChartSelector.zip Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EAF1C1E-650D-4EE9-...

file size sometimes doubles when changing one or two cells
Hi, i have a very strange problem with excel2000. When i change one or two cells in a sheet containing links, the file size doubles or triples in size? This is only the case when working in a terminal server environment. When working with the same files in a normal environment (pc + network drive), this is not the case. Can this be a wrong setting in excel2000 on the terminal server environment? Any help or hints are very welcome. Thanks Wim ...

subquery returned more than one value
When I run this query: update a set a.[UPC] = b.[IDSCE], a.[AltDescription] = b.[IDESC], a. [Weight] = b.[IMNNWU], from [ProductVariant] a inner join [IIMWEB] b on a. [SKUSuffix]=b.[IPROD] I receive an error: The statement has been terminated. Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Procedure trig_NotificationProduct, Line 19 Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. "Mary Phelps" <icanhelp33@gmail.com> wrote in message news:509dc9e2-11a0...

crash
Hi, I have a property page derived class CProp and I tryn to instantiate it like this:- CProp *test = new CProp; When I do this? It crashes in mfc in the below function on line "hInst = AfxGetResourceHandle();" When I use a static library it doesn't cause problems. So I guess I need to be doing some more initialisations before I can instantiate via a shared mfc dll. What is the extra thing that needs to be taken care of? Thanks Vipin HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxFindResourceHandle(LPCTSTR lpszName, LPCTSTR lpszType) { ASSERT(lpszName != NULL); ASSERT(lpszType != NULL); HI...

Outlook 2007 crashing when opening tracked emails
Hello, Some of my users are experiencing intermittent Outlook 2007 crashes when attempting to open already "Tracked in CRM" emails. Event viewer shows that generic faulty application error. I have tried running office diagnostics, crm diagnostics, re-installs, and adding the most recent CRM 4.0 hotfix. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone experienced the same thing. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Crashing
A friend of mine is having a somewhat serious problem with Outlook and so far I've been unable to fix it. One day it was working fine then when she went to start Outlook it reported that it had crashed, the exception code appears to be 0xc0000005 which I've Googled. In most cases people have reported this problem being caused by a corrupt profile or a damaged office installation. Before trying anything else, I ran a chkdsk with both "automatically fix file system errors" and "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" just in case this was some d...

Add-In causes excel 2003 to crash on startup
Hi all, I have a question regarding Microsoft Excel, VBA and add-ins. The story is as follows. We have developed an Excel Add-In using VBA, initially in Excel 2000. They were working fine until the computers were upgraded to Office 2003 (Company IT policy, no choice about it). They stopped working, as some libraries which were referenced by the VBA code changed location. Specifically, it was the Microsoft Office Web Components and the Solver.xla. We managed to find the new locations of these files and changed the references to match these new locations. Next we recreated the add-ins (.xla f...

Style Crashes
I have been following the excellent shauna Kelly's websie on styles. When I try and base my Heading 4 on Heading 3, word crashes (cpu at 50% for ages) Any thoughts? Much obliged Does this happen in a particular document only? If so, the document is probably corrupt. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/corruptdoc.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Hugo" <Hugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9E0F78E-A77A-45E8-BB44-8743AA4B150A@microsoft.com... >I have been following the excellent shauna Kelly's websie on styles....

how do i change color on one page of anninvitation?
While making an invitation, how do i deep the cover page one color, and chabge the inside card print to black. Use a block of that color under your text. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "confusious" <confusious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A65AFFF-E611-4366-8450-7FC56ED34C60@microsoft.com... > While making an invitation, how do i deep the cover page one color, and > chabge the inside card print to black. ...

UMDF crash when uninstall/disable
Hi all, My UMDF driver crashes when it is being disabled or uninstalled. Using Windbg, I got the following error: ntdll!NtWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory+0xa: 00000000`772317ba c3 ret When I used !analyze -v command, it only shows the following info: Last event: 13dc.12b4: Exit process 0:13dc, code 70000003 debugger time: Sun Jun 6 16:35:05.808 2010 (UTC + 8:00) Then I dump the thread info: .. 1 Id: 13dc.12b4 Suspend: -1 Teb: 000007ff`fffdc000 Unfrozen Start: ntdll!TppWorkerThread (00000000`771f8f00) Priority: 0 Priority class: 32 Affinity:...

Mac Office v.10 WORD X 10.1.7 and EXCEL X 10.1.6 FLASH AND CRASH on Opening!
I am on a PowerPC G4, using X v.10.4.10. after I tried to open an attachment in Excel to an email the identity screen would flash and then crash! The same thing happened when i tried to open a document in Word that is-stored on the desktop. the attachment should have been safe as it is class material and came from the Prof. Any suggestions please as to what to do? thank you, Victoria On 10/28/07 6:57 AM, in article 1193579835.110467.23190@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "2b4Charliethedog@gmail.com" <2b4Charliethedog@gmail.com> wrote: > I am on a PowerPC G4, using X v.1...