Which control should I use to display Unicode characters?

Hi,  there,

I want to show Unicode characters, such as Chinese and
Arabic.  Which control should I use?  Could you please
give me a bit of example code?

Thanks a lot.

Gary
0
gary_gzi (5)
8/18/2003 2:53:23 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You do not need specific control to display Unicode strings. Normally, you
would use SetWindowText function to set the control text. If you look in
winuser.h file this 'function' #defined as SetWindowTextA or SetWindowTextW
(depending on the type of the build). If you want to use Unicode text
regardless of build type, specify SetWindowTextW explicitly. Note that you
need to have appropriate fonts installed to able to view chinese or arabic
characters.

"Gary" <gary_gzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,  there,
>
> I want to show Unicode characters, such as Chinese and
> Arabic.  Which control should I use?  Could you please
> give me a bit of example code?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Gary

0
Yan

Excel display Fault
Out of about 50 people using an excel program I wrote, three people exhibits a problem after running a macro, where a worksheet shows parts of other worksheets. Moving a mouse over the areas clears the problem area. I believe some update from Microsoft has created this fault as it has only started to fault last week. All 3 people are running excel 2003 professional Turning auto calculate off fixes the fault, however turning auto calculate back on, immediately produces error I use the following commands trying to overcome problem with no positive results Application.Cal...

Using TAB key in a table
Hello folks I am sure that this would of been asked before but I cannot find any reference to it. Please can you tell me wether it is possible to use the TAB key within a single cell in a table. (not to advance to the next cell, but just to be able to line up text in another cell.) Maybe it is a key combination ctrl/tab for example. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation. -- Big Rick Create a text box the size of the cell. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Big Ri...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Use the Windows task scheduler to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com please do not post the same message in multiple newsgroups at different times, thank you this is posted and answered in: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal Access Basics http://www.AccessMVP.com/st...

Enable the 'cheque comment' field with using EFT
EFT is enabled, GP 8.0. In payables batch entry, when 'Bank Transfer' is selected and the batch is processed, the 'print payables cheques' window appears but the 'cheque comment' field is greyed out and cannot be used. The 'cheque comment' field could be used in UK BACS version 7.5 below - this is a reduction in functionality ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

I can't use outlook express to send mail
Hi, I need you help. My problem is that I can not use outlook express (window mail with vista) to send e-mail out. The error message is as following: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'ljkljlkjkl', Account: 'public.tpt.tj.cn', Server: '202.106.187.158', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can you please help me to find out how to settle this problem. Thanks, Grace Windows Mail is Windows Mail, not Outlook Express. '202.106.187.158' is not a server name. Call your ISP and ...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

Which version of S/MIME does Outlook XP use?
Hi Does anybody know what version of S/MIME Outlook XP uses? I think it is v. 3, and that Outlook 2000 uses v.2. Can anybody confirm this? I am writing a delphi application that sends signed, encrypted messages through Outlook. My client's email client cannot decrypt messages that come from Outlook XP. However, it can decrypt messages sent through Outlook 2000. He says that it fails because the content-type on the messages sent through Outlook XP is 'application/pkcs7-mime' instead of 'application/x-pkcs7-mime'. Is this because Outlook XP uses S/MIME version 3, instead of...

Display as ???????
Hi, I am using Outlook 2002on a Win2K system. I have my Contacts set up just as I want them, ie. "Surname,First Name." They appear like this in all the fields in the contact pane, however when I use the contact list button to enter an email address into a new message, the list of names is a mixture of "Surname,First name" and vice versa! I have looked in properties and cannot find any way to change the way they are listed. Any help appreciated Jon Mossman Tools - e-mail accounts - view/change address books. Properties of Outlook Address Book service: choose "file ...

Using lookup to find todays data and display in different worksheet
Dear all I am trying to write a formula.What I need is: On sheet 1 column A I have a list of dates (for next 2 years). With varying data in column C E G & J. On sheet 2 A1 I want it to lookup for todays date and display the data from the corrosponding row from colmn C, in A2 I want data from E, A3 data from G and A4 data from J. On sheet 2 Row 2 I want the same but for tomorrow. and again Row 3 for the next day. Help I have tried lots of variations but with my limited knowledge can't solve it! All the best Steve Hi Steve: You need to use the vlookup. on sheet 2: [A1] =toda...

Using XmlDataSource with templateControls
Hi, Does anybody know how to use the XPath function of TemplateControl like this? <asp:XmlDataSource ID="XmlDataSource1" runat="server" XPath="ROOT/query" /> <asp:DataList ID="dl1" runat="server" DataSourceID="XmlDataSource1"> <ItemTemplate> <% if #XPath("anything")="something" Then %> <b>Here whatever</b> <%Else%> <b>Here another thing</b> <%End if %> </ItemTemplate> I know that I can only use expresions when usin...

Help! Character Encoding Problem when exporting from Access to XML
I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provider who distributes the file in XML form to online clients. Recently characters have started to not translate onto sites; usually quotes and apostrophes. I have been told by the third party service that this is due to a problem from cutting-and-pasting btw Excel, Word and Access. How can I 'clean' this data in Access so it is uniform? On May 11, 5:31=A0am, Mark H <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provide= r > who ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Creating DTD using DOM
Hi, I want to create a DTD in an XML file in memory. The XML file is created using the DOM in C#. I am new to all this, but couldn't find anything about creating DTD's using the DOM (well, I found some references but it doesn't tell me how to do what I want). Here's my code: XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlElement root = xdoc.DocumentElement; XmlDeclaration xdec = xdoc.CreateXmlDeclaration("1.0", "utf-8", null); xdoc.InsertBefore(xdec, root); xdoc.AppendChild(xdoc.CreateDocumentType("Config", null, null, "<!ELEMENT Config (S...

Win XP won't load properly after using Regrun reanimator
Hi All, I am having a problem running win XP on my HP Presario notebook. Everything was fine until I tried to scan my system for root-kits using regrun reanimator program. It asked me to restart now as it will check for those root-kits at next restart. Now the system starts up, win XP logo screen with progress bar comes up and then the next screen comes up which is supposed to be the login dialog. But, here, nothing comes up. only the mouse cursor is there that can be moved. keyboard is not active, I have to use power button to shut down. I have searched many discussion threads...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Who's using OWA?
We use Citrix pretty heavily and that is how most people check their email while away from the office. Those that can't use Citrix for whatever reason use OWA. Is there an easy way, other than just going through IIS logs to see who is actually logging in to OWA? All users are enabled to do so, but AFAIK only a handful do - maybe 30 ppl... On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:03:28 -0800, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use Citrix pretty heavily and that is how most people check their email >while away from the office. Those that can't use Citrix for ...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

How do I Return a Value Using Multiple Criteria?
I need to return a value (a $AMOUNT) based on the following information: TITLE, LEVEL 1 2 3 or 4, and a percentage range. Ex: If the [TITLE, ie: Store Manager] exceeds their sales plan by a percent in the [PERCENTAGE RANGE, ie: 5-6.99%], then they receive a certain bonus [PAYOUT AMOUNT] based on their [BONUS LEVEL]. The static information is currently set up in a chart as follows: TITLE/BONUS LEVEL/INCREASE OVER SALES PLAN % RANGE/PAYOUT AMOUNT Store Manager 1 5.00%-6.99% $600.00 Store Manager 1 7.00%-8.99% $800.00 Store Manager 1 9.00%-10.99% $1,000.00 Store Manager ...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Using "Select Case" inside Worksheet_Change() subroutine.....
I would like to monitor when any of the data in my group of cells gets modified or deleted. Here is how my code looks: Private Sub Worksheet_Change (ByVal Target As Range) Select Case Target Case Range("A1") MsgBox ("A1 was just modified") Case Range "B1") MsgBox ("B1 was just modified") '..... etc. etc.. etc... Case Range ("M20") MsgBox ("M20 was just modified") Case Else ' Do nothing End Select End Sub Does anybody see anything wrong with this approach?? Is my code correct?? How can I code t...