Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application

I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is
a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks
in advance for any responses.

Dominic

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string
table.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
    Isaac Asimov

<dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is
> a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks
> in advance for any responses.
>
> Dominic

0
yr (150)

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

Is SQL Express for commercial use?
Hi, Am I licensed to use SQL Express freely in a commercial production environment? Or is it just for home use? Regards, SW yes "Steve Gr" <MSDNNospam235@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:O9l9V3wgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Am I licensed to use SQL Express freely in a commercial production > environment? Or is it just for home use? > > Regards, > SW > yes, use it anyway you like. "Steve Gr" <MSDNNospam235@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:O9l9V3wgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl....

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

debug sql, Watch, Command Window, see cotent
Hi, I know how to get into debug mode, place break point etc in a stroed proc in SQL Server Management Studio. But after it hits a break print, what actions I can take to peek the data? e.g. I try to see a temp table has just been populated? I can not put "select top 1 col1 from #tempTable1" in watch list. It says it could not be evalulated I can not execute it in Command window. How can I look at data? How can I execute addintion sql statements? What command supported in "Command Window"? Thanks, The easiest way is put a SELECT statement in you...

Connection to Sql-7 Database Fails
Hello All, Here is my problem. I have a Windows SBS 2003 Server with around 7 XP Clients. Since i have a SQL2000 database on the server, i installed a SQL7 database on one of the client machine which runs on XP. Now when my program access the same from database from the same machine it connects Now i tried to access the same database from a different XP machine , i am getting time out. Now if i give the user Administrative rights on my SBS server, i am able to connect to the machine. The problem seems with some security or rights issuse. How can my users connect to the dat...

Use the OBDC that GP10 creates when in SQL 2005
Some time back, when we first installed GP10 in our SQL2000, we were recommeded NOT to use the ODBC that GP10 created. We just upgraded to SQL2005 and fully installed all SPs. We also made clean install of GP10 under this engine. Should we the ODBC created by GP, or still use the use the same configuration of ODBC SQL2000? Is ther a link where we can click to and see step by step to create a proper ODBC for GP10? ...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

upgrading from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 with a clean install of CRM 3.
I just finished installing SBS 2003 and SQL 2000 along with CRM 3.0 no data or customization has been done in CRM. Then I received the SBS 2003 R2 disk, which has what I originally want SQL 2005. So now I have 2 instances of SQL running and CRM is attached to SQL 2000. My ? is how do I get CRM to recognize SQL 2005. Can I uninstall CRM, then uninstall SQL 2000, then reinstall CRM? What can I do. Alan Alberani Ticket Angels Traffic Ticket Defense 954-682-6020 Hi Alan, Did you install Windows SBS 2003 R2 in a different server or you did an upgrade to the existing server and have SQL ...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

If statement help #6
I am trying to write a formula using multiple if statements or some other method in Excel and I cannot seem to make it work. Here is the scenario: If B9 > 0 then calculate value (E9) using (B9/.8) else if C9 > 0 then calculate value (E9) using (C9/.9) else E9. This is an insurance application dealing with coinsurance and conversion to 100%. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -- ekfinch ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ekfinch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28658 View this thread: http://w...

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...

outlook ka-put
After I installed the service pack updates for Microsoft XP, my Outlook has been uable to send or receive any email. I have gotten a few error messages: "unable to connect to network," "server found but did not respond." etc. What the heck do I do? ...

Possible to sync Access front end to Sql Server 2000 back end using Access?
I work with Access front ends and a SQL Server 2000 backend. Everything works just fine when we collect data in-house because it is saved directly onto our SQL Server. The problem now is that we are going to collect data outside of our office, where we won't be able to connect to our SQL server. I can set up the respective tables in Access so that the data is collected within the Access database itself, but then I need to sync the data collected on our laptops to our SQL Server database. Is it possible to set up something within Access itself that would allow me to sync the the Access da...

NESTED IF STATEMENT USING DATE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C7B250.64254380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! Can some review the following IF statement. The error is stating that = there are too many arguments. =3DIF((TEXT((D2),"yyyy")=3D"2007"),"2007",if(TEXT(d2),"yyyy")=3D"2006","2= 006","2005 & Before") If the year of the date is 2007, state "2007", If the year of the date = is 2006, state "2006", otherw...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...

how to replace in sql

How do I put it back?
In Microsoft money 2003. Used to: When I put on my paycheck I would have a window pop up with seperate catagories, "taxes", "healthcare", ect. there were four of them. Now when I put them in I just get one "spit catagories" window. I don't know how I changed it or how to change it back. I can't even find any support that can/ will help me. If anyone knows Please let me know. I will be greatly indeted to you. thank You. Derek "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9D38C7E-D837-4376-99D3-79C760EC4F85@mic...

how to put constraints in excel
how to put constraints in excel You need to be more specific in your question. Perhaps Data Validation, on the Data menu, will do what you want. This will allow users to enter only values in a range of numbers in a cell. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "structures" <structures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFC87EE4-BC1A-4F88-9E35-0EB42F42881C@microsoft.com... > how to put constraints in excel ...

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

Put % in ( )

How do put a Logo on the Receipt
Is there anyway I acn put a logo on my Receipt. If I remember I simply copied out the file pos_symbol.gif in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\HTML\Images to get the size, and then renamed that file, uploaded one of my own. Chris "al" wrote: > Is there anyway I acn put a logo on my Receipt. that did not worked, can you be more detailed about it "Chris" wrote: > If I remember I simply copied out the file pos_symbol.gif in C:\Program > Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\HTML\Images to get > the ...

Excel as front end and SQL Server as back end
I read some documentation on the web today about using Excel as front end and SQL Server as back end. Actually, this link was pretty good: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321686 This is pretty good too: http://bytes.com/topic/sql-server/answers/486783-updating-sql-server-Table-using-excel This is very good; gets pretty complicated though: http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/t-sql-programming/sql-server-excel-workbench/ I’m still pretty confused about how it all works. I found a sample of VBA online that lets me import a couple columns from a Table: Sub Import() ' Decla...

File Association in Dialog-Based Application
Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my dialog-based application? In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() can't be called without a CDocument class. Thanks for any thoughts. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com >Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my >dialog-based application? > >In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template >using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() ...

alternative of xp_smtp_sendmail in sql server 2008
Hi, I have moved my database sql server 2000 to sql server 2008 and on 64 bit. For mail I used xp_smtp_sendmail but this is not working in sql server 2008 .. Please suggest me alternative for this Thanks, Hemant You should use sp_send_dbmail http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190307.aspx before doing this you should configure a mail profile http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189879.aspx Hemant wrote: > Hi, > > I have moved my database sql server 2000 to sql server 2008 and on 64 > bit. For mail I used xp_smtp_sendmail but this is...

putting photos into autoshapes
I publish a newsletter for a charity and would like to improve and vary the presentation. How do I make a standard photo go into an oval or other autoshape? I have done it once but can't recreate it. I have windows XP, publisher 03 and works suite 04. My photos are usually JPEG. Select the shape, fill, fill effects, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "christiredlady(removethis)@aol.com" <christiredlady(removethis)@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:069B7725-3...