Where is Class Wizard in C++ 2005?

Hi,

Its been a while since I worked in C++ and can't find my way in the new IDE.
Basically I am looking for what was in version 6 the Class Wizard, because
among other things, I want to make my CWnd derived class to handle the
WM_MOVE message and thus I need an entry in, e.g.:

	//{{AFX_MSG(CSplitterFrame)
	//}}AFX_MSG

--
Thanks in advance,

Juan Dent, M.Sc.
0
Juan_Dent (48)
3/28/2006 10:09:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It is sort of dispersed into other menus.  For example, you can right click
on a control in a dialog and add and event or variable.  It is not as
convenient for C++/MFC as it was in V6, but it still works.  You can also
add events for any class in the ClassView.

Tom

"Juan Dent" <Juan_Dent@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Its been a while since I worked in C++ and can't find my way in the new
> IDE.
> Basically I am looking for what was in version 6 the Class Wizard, because
> among other things, I want to make my CWnd derived class to handle the
> WM_MOVE message and thus I need an entry in, e.g.:
>
> //{{AFX_MSG(CSplitterFrame)
> //}}AFX_MSG
>

> --
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Juan Dent, M.Sc.

0
tserface (3860)
3/28/2006 11:58:24 PM
Class wizard has been replaced with other things. This explains what
happened to it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/vcgrfwhereisclasswizardinvisualcnet.asp

----
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Setting the "Class Cursor"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The documentation for SetCursor() reads, in part: If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make = sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. = If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor = each time the mouse is moved.=20 How does one set the "class cursor"? Jason ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 C...

How to use the template wizard with office 2003
I have been using the template wizard with data tracking addin for several years for my simple invoicing system. Recently instead of simply updating my software I bought a new computer and installed office 2003 without it being an upgrade to all my previous versions of office; now I cannot get this addin to function:- I run the install (tmplwiz.exe) but it doesnt appear in the addins list. so is there some way to fool the install program into thinking its installing into an earlier version of Office. Cheers Hi The Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy...

Default Labor class in BP 2.5 project time entry
I have setup the business portal and configured a couple of project users to access the project time entry screen. I would like to customize this screen by making the labor class invisible, however it is not populated by default on the portal web page (although it is on backoffice version). The clients are XP with IE 6 SP1, I searched the CustomerSource KB and entry 848372 looked promising, but on these machines there is no Java Sun setting (or MS JVM section although I see this on other machines). Has anyone else ran into this and figured out a workaround? Thanks, Dave I think I answered m...

A "C" in the middle of my chart
There is a "C" or "(" that is showing up in the middle of my Excel bar chart, and I don't know how to get rid of it. Any ideas? Thanks, Em Move the cursor slowly up to the character (it's a textbox) until the cursor changes to the four arrow icon, click once to select the textbox, and press Delete. It might be easier to select the textbox if you select the "Select Objects" button (looks like a cursor arrow) on the Drawing toolbar. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltier...

SEO and usability
Dear News Readers, I have a question about seo and usability for web site: 1. What should I prefered, to use blogger.com or my own blog? blogger.com is preformated, scalirbar - is a question, but most of contra is that- all user are not in my db, and I should import them 2. wenn I use my own blog, then I have all user in my db, but, the question is Rating(PR) of my blog is better or not vs. blogger.com I must subscribe my blog into blogger comunity and submission pages Please, tell me your opinion(pro and contra) about this thema. Best Ragards ===============...

Rule Wizard
I am having a problem with the Rule Wizard, I have setup a autoresponse email with this Apply this rule after the message arrives where my name is in the To box and sent to test-email1 have server reply using Auto - Response and delete it and stop processing more rules But when I try to add the From field I get this error "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." I've tried adding a manager to that folder and...

MFC class wizard and IDISPATCH
Hello In ATL projects wizard give us a chance to add class with Idispatch(Dual). In MFC add class wizard, there is an option for Automation but this cause to add dispintarface. Also activex control projects add interfaces with dispintarface which means user can only use late-binding. Mayeb this may performance problems. I am not sure? Is there a special reason to doesn't have an option for dual interface in MFC project wizards..? If we want to use dual interfaces in ou project, what must we do? Just manual edit? Thanks.. I think that if you want a more "COM-centric" ap...

how do I use MFC data member from a concrete C++ class from a COM interface
Hello I have created a new thread because the subject is somewhat different. I use a C# asp.net webbapplication which call different COM object using the defined COM interface for each concrete C++ class. So at the bottom I have a OpenDS method located in the concrete C++ class CHandle_DS. This method is also define at the IHandle_DS COM interface. Here is the sequence for my new design for the new concrete C++ object 1. I create a concrete C++ class from C# asp.net like this CHande_DS handle_ds = new Handle_DS(); This works perfect. 2. I call OpenDS like this handle_ds.OpenDS(); ...

Classes gone from class list
Why might some of my classes dissappear from the Class View in VS2005? I am also getting error 2079 for some classes that were fine half an hour ago and still exist in the Class View window. The header and cpp files for the missing and broken classes are included in my project. Everything was fine until about half an hour ago - I added 1 pure virtual operation to a base class and a concrete method to 9 subclasses, (I think this is irrelevant!) and half of the classes are now missing and I can't use the others. The method was called SortList() and calls a list sort operation specifi...

error message is sql reporting service 2005
I am new to sql reporting service 2005. I am getting an error message saying the 'command text' property is not 'initialized'. Being a .net programmer, I know the comand text is the sql in text format or a stored procedure is not being accessed. This error occurs after I have setup a report manually and I have changed the stored procedure that is being called or after I have made a modification to the report. Note: when I setup the report format initially myself, the report runs and displays all the data I want to see. Thus, can you make suggestion...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

Nested class using MFC
Hello! I'm using a COM Dll and a COM client that I have copied from a book. This COM dll is using MFC and the COM client exe file is also using MFC. I have removed some code just to make it easier to figure out my problem. The code that I have removed does't affect the question in any way. In the code you have one interface called IVisual you have it below. struct IVisual : public IUnknown { STDMETHOD_(void, Display) () = 0; }; As you know in Interface IUnknown are there three pure virtual functiones named QueryInterface, AddRef and Release. The functions QueryInterface, AddRef...

class + class-name ?
This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know it! In a code there was a line like : class Doc; ..... what does this do when you only use keyword "clas" and then a calss-name ? Thanks in advance, It is a forward declaration. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclang/html/_pluslang_elaborated_type_specifiers.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evc$zXHuEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know i...

Creating and Destroying a Window in CWinThread Derived Class
Hello, (Using VC++ 6.0) I am extremely frustrated with this and have burned many hours and still no solution. This should be simple. I have created a sample app that does the following: 1) Creates a CWinThread derived class from Class Wizard called SeperateThread. 2) Creates a modeless dialog box on thread initialization 3) Destroys it on ExitInstance() SeperateThread. Problem: ExitInstance() in cannot destroy the window I created just above on thread InitInstance(). Code Snippets: CTestThreaddingJunkDlg.h CSeperateThread ThreadA; declared in the base .h file In CTestThreaddingJun...

How can I change sale price to price A,B, or C
The wizard only lets you marks up or down Items in departments by percents or by a dollar amount most retailers have items in the same department that are price at round numbers like Regular price for a Adirondack chair $149.00 and sale price $99.00 but the foot stool for the chair has a regular price $99.00 and on sale is $79.00 the department is the same but the % of the price change is deferent am I over looking some thing ???????? Is there a work around for this Thanks HI Al, the first thing with your wording is that you are price strcuture set not base on department but base o...

Rules Wizard #3
I have both the Adult and Junk Mail rules on. Outlook should delete each email upon receiving it, instead it just un-highlights them. Any thoughts out there???............... Check the rule settings. Make SURE that it says delete and not mark as unread. The rules are on, but what is the rule being told to do? >-----Original Message----- >I have both the Adult and Junk Mail rules on. Outlook >should delete each email upon receiving it, instead it >just un-highlights them. Any thoughts out >there???............... >. > ...

Extending the Process class
The System.Diagnostics namespace contains a Process class which defines a static method GetProcesses. GetProcesses returns an array of Process instances of all processes running running on the PC (or another PC). I wish to subclass Process to include an additional property. My problem is with the GetProcesses method. Since its return value is a Process[], I cannot just downcast a Process element to MyProcess to access the my property as well as the ones the Process already defines. Since the fetching of all processes occurs frequently, and the list can be long, I would prefer to...

debugging DLL called from c# (interop)
Hi everybody I have a DLL library created with MFC (VS 6.0). I call some methods from this library from an ASP.NET project (c#). It works fine, but I do not know how I can debug the DLL. When I go to Tools - Processes in VS 2003 I cannot see my DLL because it is not running permamently so I cannot attach to it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Vaclav However you launch your executable which loads your library, you need to put that path in Executable for Debug Session in Debug tab of Project Settings. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "V�clav Jedli�ka" <no@...

Thread Pool Class?
Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? "Don Gurr" <dongurr@REMOVEshaw.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio news:2do6n.2339$RS6.61@newsfe15.iad... > Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? Have you tried CThreadPool from ATL (I believe it can be used in MFC code as well)? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9tz6fz1e(VS.80).aspx HTH, Giovanni Thanks, it appears to work. "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio@REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote in message news:Ose%23WA7mKHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > "Don Gurr"...

Can't code a css class that makes a span element the same size as a button element
I want a page where there are buttons all the same size. No problem there. But I also have a type="text" with some text in front. I'd like that combination to be the same size as the buttons. So I put them into to a scan element and applied the same css class to the scan as the buttons have. That didn't work so I modified the code a little as shown below and that does not work either. So I put together the test sample shown below and that does not produce a symetriacl layout. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks <%@ Page Title=&q...

VB Validating User or Class
Hi, Does anyone have an example of a VB script that shows me how to validate logged in user or the class I would greatly appreciate. Thanks. Hi Magda I have a packge which exposes the toolbar and lets you get the current user id. To get at the class would require you to look up the user id on the SY_User_MSTR table. To do this you would need to use RetrieveGlobals.dll and ADO to send a query to SQL. RetrieveGlobals will also provide the details of the current user id and company. Please have your partner contact me using the address below (remove the online. first) and I can sen...

Gereral guidelines to use ActiveX with Visual C++
I have a non-visual ActiveX created in Visual C++ 6.0 that works well in VB, Delphi, Excel, IE, etc... Now I´m trying to use it with the same VC++ 6 Reading some articles like http://www.codeproject.com/dll/vbactivexwithvc.asp I could call my ActiveX methods and set properties as well Now I´m trying to map the ActiveX events into my test application but I´m little confused.. - I´m trying to add my ActiveX into Project through Project -> Add To Project -> Components and Controls menu. In this dialog, I´ve selected my activeX but I receive an error message: &quo...

Web Publishing Wizard
I have installed both Front Page (2002) AND publisher 2000. One of the above programs also installed a nice program called the Web Publishing wizard. Unfortunately, the publishing wizard is broking, and gives following error message: The web publishing wizard cannot run due to the following error: Class not registered Please try re-installing the Wizard and running it Again My problem is I don't know which program installed the wizard! I have tried re-installing both Front Page, and publisher, and the above problem still exists. Further, I did not see the option in either...

Accessing procedures in another class
This is may be a problem of structure. I have a simple dialog application (in VC++ 6.0 using MFC) with - MainFrm class: Processes menu items and toolbar buttons. - xxDoc class: Stores app data and handles serialization. - xxView class: processes the dialogue which is the main window. There is a mechanism for accessing procedures in xxDoc from xxView. i.e. pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); This works ok and I can save and load data from a file into the dialog. What I want is a means to access procedures in xxView from MainFrm. i.e. when a menu item or toolbar button is selecte...

opened outlook express and on tools there is no email accountsto c