What version of MFC ships with what version of Windows OS?

Hi! I am been trying to find out which version of MFC ships with which
Windows operating system but can't locate that information. I need to know
when did Microsoft start shipping MFC 7.0 and 7.1 in their OS.

Note: I already know which MFC version ships with which Visual Studio
version.

Sanj

0
hidden (4)
10/1/2003 4:13:49 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try searching that information ( search for files MFC42.DLL,MFC70.DLL &
MFC71.DLL ) in the DLL database.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/fileversion/dll
info.asp&SD=MSDN&FR=0

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

"Sanj" <hidden@fromyou.org> wrote in message
> Hi! I am been trying to find out which version of MFC ships with which
> Windows operating system but can't locate that information. I need to know
> when did Microsoft start shipping MFC 7.0 and 7.1 in their OS.
>
> Note: I already know which MFC version ships with which Visual Studio
> version.
>
> Sanj

0
CheckAbdoul
10/1/2003 7:53:26 PM
Of course, since you will be distributing your program using a standard installer of some
sort, the presence/absence of any particular version of the MFC library on any particular
operating system is irrelevant. Or do you still believe in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter
Bunny, and that copy == install?
				joe

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:13:49 -0400, "Sanj" <hidden@fromyou.org> wrote:

>Hi! I am been trying to find out which version of MFC ships with which
>Windows operating system but can't locate that information. I need to know
>when did Microsoft start shipping MFC 7.0 and 7.1 in their OS.
>
>Note: I already know which MFC version ships with which Visual Studio
>version.
>
>Sanj

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

US version of money 04, to aussie vers. ,Will it convert?
I've just upgraded from M2000 to M04 ,with great difficulty ,I kept getting incompatible vers error ,I transferred what I could via QIF files ,finally got it to work losing reports and other stuff. It turns out I really did have a US version I thought was an Aussie(Australian) version, I Bought it at a swap meet.(buyer beware). My Question is will I be able to convert back it to an Aussie version in a few years,or will I run into the same problem again? Jan S Unless things radically change in how international versions of Money are designed, the drill will be exactly the same. &quo...

Host cmd.exe in my own window.
Hi all, I was wondering if it was possible to host the cmd.exe command line in my own application window. Is this possible? Basically I'd like to have my application show a window which works just like cmd.exe. Thanks in advance. Diego. dbarros@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I was wondering if it was possible to host the cmd.exe command line in > my own application window. Is this possible? Basically I'd like to have > my application show a window which works just like cmd.exe. > > Thanks in advance. > > Diego. > http://www.codeproject.com/dialog...

Windows Explorer doesn�t recognize my 2nd HD
Hi I�ve just conected a 2nd HD (Samsung 80 GB). I�ve changed it from another computer also as a 2nd primary HD and it was O.K. It�s formated NTFS and working fine. Partition Magic did recognized it. Acronis True Image found it and I was able to made a Clone from a Seagate 250 GB (only 10% full). The bios Setup recognize it and after the Clone I could even boot from it changing the boot sequence in BIOS. Windows Disk Manager show it either. Then came the problem: Windows Explorer doesn�t show it and Second Copy also ignores it. I want to configure Second Copy to make exact copies of ev...

Downloading Trial Version
I have downloaded and ran the installation software that appears on my Desktop several times and Publisher never shows up in any of the program files or on my Desktop or Start Menu, etc. I have also searched the computer for it. It is important that I have Publisher asap in order to finish a project for a college class... Any suggestions greatly appreciated! ...

Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Pro 2010
With Windows 7 Ult (X64), I have MS Office Ult 2007 (X86) installed. I am trying to install MS Office Pro 2010 (X86). I selected an 'upgrade' install and it failed with the subject line message. I then tried to uninstall Office 2007 from control panel; same result. Log shows: Description Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 14.0.4763.1000 Problem Signature...

Windows 98 and XP Professional
I recently had AOL on both these computers, since then I have changed to high speed access, cable. I have removed the AOL program, and all related AOL files but the AOL icon still appears in upper right hand corner when I open either Outlook or Outlook Express instead of the Windows Icon. Appreciate anyone that can help me get rid of this annoying icon? Thank you ...

pop up window and sound on deleting a message
How can I stop the pop up the window and sound when you delete a message in windows mail?? It wasn't doing it yesterday when I synchronised email address' with windows mail ... It is a problem as if you receive a lot of messages there are a lot that you have to delete and I do not get this on gmail or hotmail .... another question is: I don't get a popup or sound when I delete messages. Exactly how are you deleting the messages? Are you deleting from the Inbox? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com...

SP1A on version 8.0
I just installed sp1a on version 8.0 The problem is the users that do not have admin rights get a message you do not have rights to run this application. They are set up as power users and all was well before the service pack upgrade. Would like to keep these user out of the admin group ...

I have a pre-loaded version of Money2002 but....
.....I would like to know if I can successfully install it on my (soon to be purchsed) new notebook. I have the Cert. of Authenticity. Any ideas? -- Darren Your original computer should have come with a set of install disks for all the preloaded programs. If you still have these disks, you should be able to install Money on your new notebook. Also, you might see if Microsoft Works comes with your new laptop. Most times, the latest version of Money is included as well and you won't need to install the older version unless you like it better. "Darren Vaughan" <Darre...

Which version is the current version
PLease confirm which is the current latest fully released version of CRM is it 4.0 or still 3.0 ? Dave CRM 4.0 is the latest version although different companies are still working with CRM 3.0. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Windows Live version 12
I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank you -- Jennifer I don't like version 14 either. If you find where to get version 12 please post back here. thank you. "Jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft> wrote in message news:B2BA351D-A163-4DE1-9C56-36F6539521C5@microsoft.com... > I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the > previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank > you >...

Problem with MFC application that uses win32.dll file
Hello, (I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 6.0) I made win32.dll file-CppAIRPlug.dll with these project properties: - precomplied header - automatically - run- time library - Debug/Multithreaded DLL (depending of prepocessor definitions) - not using MFC classes After that I made testing of CppAIRPlug.dll functions by making win32 Console application. I included static library CppAIRPlug.lib and folder with header files and it worked without any problems. (win32 application properties were the same one as in project where I made CppAIRPlug). Next step is to integrate use CppAIRPlug....

Fail to load debug version of a DLL
Hi. I want to get some log messages from a DLL, so after the installation of the product I replace the release version of that DLL with its debug version. It's used during Widows authentication and first time it must be loaded by 'winlogon.exe'. After restarting machine an error occures presumably at the step of Windows authentication, stating, that the abovementioned DLL failed to load. I've checked the 2 versions of it (debug and release) with DependencyWalker, they both are dependent on the the same modules... So, the question is somewhat abstract: what are the main reasons...

windows 2000 server secedit.sdb(?) problem
We have a windows 2000 server that is the PDC of our domain. Last week we started having these errors in the event viewer. Event Source: ESENT Event ID: 427 Description: services (256) The database engine could not access the file called C:\WINNT\Security\edb.log. Event Source: SceCli Event ID: 1202 Description: Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x5 : Access is denied. For best results in resolving this event, log on with a non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for "Troubleshooting Event 1202s". I ran the instructions...

Skinning MFC app
I want to add skinning support to beautify my MFC Wordpad Application. Here I want to put skins for the menus, options dialog and about dialog. How do achieve this beautification? I want to apply the skin on the fly to my app. How can this be done. Any pointers will be appreciated. Cheers Find a skin library that supports MFC, such as BCG or codejock's MFC extension libraries "shubhishubhi" <shubhishubhi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5106AA1F-06D4-4EDC-AB8C-6C22643D9B2E@microsoft.com... > I want to add skinning support to beautify my MFC Wordp...

Adding Forms from earlier versions
I ues OL 2002. I just downloaded RealEstate Forms that was used in OL 97/98. Can it be used in OL 2002? How can it be installed? IIRC, the add-in forms were a .pst file. Run the .exe and see what happens. I still run the Diary application and I used to run the While You Were Out form from 97/98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I ues OL 2002. I just download...

Find the Windows Sidebar under Vista/7 using FindWindow(Ex)
What is the caption of the Windows Sidebar and what is it's class as I am having trouble using Spy++ to find that info. -- ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org On 10/08/2010 14:44, Leo wrote: > What is the caption of the Windows Sidebar and what is it's class as I > am having trouble using Spy++ to find that info. For what purpose? The sidebar in Window 7 does not have a single window. For each Gadget, there is a root window of class "SideBar_HTMLHostWindow" with no caption w...

Windows Mail not viewing properly
Got a client saying that a view might be blocking her attempt to see e-mail. What needs to be fixed? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance "The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message news:hrfscg$rmn$1@gallifrey.nk.ca... > Got a client saying that a view might be blocking > her attempt t...

2003 version to 2000 version
I created a file using publisher 2003 on my laptop, emailed it to work, where I have publisher 2000, and now I can't open it. Is there any way to open this on my machine at work? The only way you can open it is by save the file as a Publisher 2000 file format. You will have to go to a machine that has Publisher 2003 on it and go to File > Save As and change the file save as type to Publisher 2000. Note that there may be some formatting loss going to a legacy version. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

Regsvr32 failed for debug version of Dll, why?
Hi There, I am working on a MFC application with sone Dlls. Development environment: Visual Studio 6.0 / Sp6 on Windows XP/Sp2. I login the system as an administrator. When I was registering debug version of my dll using regsvr32, it failed. Result of debugging points to: BOOL COleLinkingDoc::RegisterIfServerAttached(LPCTSTR lpszPathName, BOOL bMessage) The lpszPathName is my dll file name, which is empty; although I am sure the path name has been sent to the regsvr32. I tried to register the same dll file programmatically: // Start of the code ///////// #ifdef _WIN32 // this call ...

Has anyone found a fix for this in 2004 version?
When I receive an Advisor FYI about my checking account I click on the FYI and receive details about the FYI along with a snapshot of the Cash Flow Forecast. However, for me the Cash Flow forecast at this page shows a very old (3 yrs) and closed Bank One checking account (with no history of course) and not my current checking account. If I click on the Cash Flow it takes me to a page with the correct information and bank account. Why would this one page in Money revert to a closed account with no history for the past 3 yrs. I have attempted to resolve by saving my file, renaming it and th...

Dail-up Connection Window
My dail-up connection window keeps popping up even when I am working in other programs. I cancel it and then a few minutes later, it pops up again. My operating system is 98SE. Thanks. You should post this to a win98 group, but chances are there is some = software that's prompting the connection. Check your running tasks = (Ctrl-Alt-Del). You can disable start-up items by going to Start -> Run: = msconfig. You might also have spyware. Ivan -------------- "Stewart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:05d701c3df13$47fb4c90$a301280a@phx.gb...

Windows XP 'forgets' power settings
I have run WinXP (SP3) for several years and the one thing that has been a constant annoyance is that the power settings (to shut down the monitor and disk drives) do not persist more than a couple of days and often will not stay more than a couple of hours. It is a desk top machine (Dell XPS-400) and on the Power Options Properties I set it to "Home/Office Desk" and set Turn off Monitor to "After 15 mins" and Turn off hard disks to "After 30 Mins". System Standby and Hibernate are set to "Never". Each time I "Apply" and "...

version
Does your query have a start time and end time. If so, you can't run the query to see your time on Paper with Paper still open as you will not have an end time and the query will (when you try and open it) try a half calculation (that like say 1 + = intead of 1 + 1 =). Maybe I am not understanding. Can you post the sql so we cna see it -- Wayne Manchester, England. "relativehunter" wrote:version > I am having a problem with a form and a query. When I open the form (called > Paper), it runs a query that adds a row to a table called Time. If P...

Direct Access I/O ports under Windows 2000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C38907.AAF0A5A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, Our application deals with ISA card directly through IO port address. It = is working under Win98, but not Win2000. The problem is I/O privilege access controlled by Windows 2000. I am doing research to see if possible to update the current source code = for Win2000. The current source code simply includes <conio.h> and uses _inp(...) and = _outp(...) to deal directly with hardware. The ...