What message can be get, when a a usb drive is going to removed?

I have a question, that is how to get message when a usb drive is
going to removed.
When a usb drive is going to removed, the wnd can not get WM_DEVICECHANGE
message.

0
tanyuheng (17)
10/13/2005 12:48:53 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to register for the device class to get such messages.
				joe

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:48:53 +0800, "tanyuheng" <tanyuheng@etang.com> wrote:

>I have a question, that is how to get message when a usb drive is
>going to removed.
>When a usb drive is going to removed, the wnd can not get WM_DEVICECHANGE
>message.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Manually Removing Exchange Attributes
All, Anyone know of a way to remove Exchange attributes from a user when the message store they were originally set to is gone? I was hoping there was a way to do this without actually having to delete the user and re-create them. Thanks, Pair if you right-click the user, and select Exchange tasks, does "remove Exchange attributes" not work? you might try using adsiedit... "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com> wrote in message news:OAvKnx71EHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > All, > Anyone know of a way to remove Exchange attributes from a user when the ...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Can I use a Powerpoint design template for a file in Publisher
I wish to use the online brainstorming template (Powerpoint) images in Publisher. Is this possible? Did you try copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Joy" <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0057E1CA-7D06-4952-B606-B50D7B6E4C9E@microsoft.com... >I wish to use the online brainstorming template (Powerpoint) images in > Publisher. Is this possible? Do you have PowerPoint? If you do simply copy/paste. View, Master, slide master. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micr...

can you disable spell check on email replies?
Hi, I use Wordmail on Outlook 2000. I have spell check configured to check my emails before they are sent. When I am responding to emails, it checks through not only my response but also the original text. It stops at every email address, every person's name, and any mispellings they have. Is there a way for Outlook to just spell check MY response, and disregard the original text in email replies? Thanks for any help, Amy >Is there a way for Outlook to just spell check >MY response, and disregard the original text in email >replies? Yes. "Tools">"...

SFO Installation Error
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. Please make sure that the user you use to login on your pc is also known in crm with the same user name and password. this is required! Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Troy" wrot...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook can't get mail
I have Outlook 2000 and XP Home Edition. I can open Outlook and it will stay open -- until it tries to receive email. Then I get an error message that says it has encountered an problem and must close down, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I can reopen it and no problem -- until the email starts to come in again and then it closes with the same error message. My ISP is Charter and the email is a POP3 server. Any suggestions? Run scanpst.exe against your pst-file and try again. If this fails to solve the issue locale outcmd.dat and rename if to .old -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outl...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

How can you confirm Product Key ?
I have a copy of Office 2003 Professional installed on a computer. I also have (obviously, I would hope) a set of valid CDs with a Product Key. However I am not sure that the Office 2003 installed on the computer was from the disks in question. (I think I had two copies, one each on two computers, at one time ...) It is possible to confirm that the Product Key on the CD is the same one used to install the software on my computer? Download and run Belarc Advisor. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" ...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

How to get the ID of a dialog?
Hello all: I create a single document and insert resouce,and then select Dialog,I find this dialog's resource ID is IDD_DIALOG1,I want to know how to get this dialog's ID?thanks. CWnd::GetDlgCtrlID() ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > I create a single document and insert resouce,and then select > Dialog,I find this dialog's resource ID is IDD_DIALOG1,I want > to know how to get this dialog's ID?thanks. > > GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_ID); -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > I create a single document and i...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

Excel 2003 get text after wraptext problem
Hi all I have a problem that is, to get the texts row by row and count the text line in one cell that wrapped in Excel 2003. After google search, in the previous excel, I can find and count "char(10)" to determine the line break in text string, but in Excel 2003, no any char(10) exists, even char(13) after wrapped (unless I type ALT-ENTER manually). Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks for help I don't know of any good way to count lines in a cell if the text wraps because of columnwidth. But you could use something like this to count the number of alt...

Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object
Tried running the Payroll Update Engine and I am getting this error message. I have tried reinstalling it and still no luck. I have been able to run this update in the past, but not sure what has changed to cause this. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_5DCA272E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit A 'new' PUE.exe file was temporarily posted on the tax update web site, but it was found to cause these Active X errors. About 10 days ago, the former (original) version of the PUE.exe was put back out on the web site. If you install the PUE.exe from the tax u...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Removing Decimal
I have a cell that has a value of 197.80 but I need to remove th decimal so the value shows as 1978 -- bhusse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bhussey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3124 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54295 bhussey wrote: > I have a cell that has a value of 197.80 but I need to remove the > decimal so the value shows as 19780 Multiply by 100? Socks Awesome thank you. -- bhussey --------------------------------------------------------------...

CRM Demo VPC
Does anyone have any documentation on the correct way to setup the CRM Demo VPC image using an external hard drive? What specific .vhd file should you be pointing where using an external hard drive - what works best adn should you use a differential hard drive for best performance? Any help would be appreciated. Download Microsoft Virtual PC from Microsoft site and install it on your computer. Download *.vmc and *.vhd file (virtual hard drive image) from Microsoft site. Save this on your external hard drive. Run Microsoft Virtual PC and on Virual PC console, select New Click on "N...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Some users can't email mail-enabled public folder
I've had a problem that recently started somehow. Environment is clustered Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1. Outlook 2003 SP2 clients. I have a mail enabled public folder. Internal and external users were at one point able to email the folders. Recently, some internal (including myself, enterprise admin) and external users have been unable to email just these specific folders. The users in question can still email all other public folders. Also, other users can email the public folders that are having trouble. It appears that only specific users are having t...

Remove "group by" header bar
Hello all. How do I remove the grey bar above my messages that says "Drag a column header here to group by that column." I had my messages group by something at one time, have removed that grouping and can't get this bar to leave. Thanks for the help. Display the Advanced Toolbar and click once on the Group By button. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Josep...

Autoarchiving to network drive
Wer have a conlict of opinions here. One person wants to have users autoarchive to thier local drives and copy the archive to thier network home spaces Another Person wants users to autoarchive directly to thier network homespace. Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003. All active mail stored on exchange server. Which is right? The first person is correct. Microsoft does not support .pst use across = a network. But copying a file is always OK. You'll just have to do it = when Outlook is not running.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http:...