what is /safeSEH linker option ?

Can anyone tell me significance of /safeSEH linker option ?
Should I set it for my project ?

0
ajay8436 (23)
1/31/2005 11:14:23 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ajay@webtechdevelopers.com wrote on 1/31/2005 5:14 AM:
> Can anyone tell me significance of /safeSEH linker option ?
> Should I set it for my project ?

ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vccore/html/vclrfSAFESEHImageHasSafeExceptionHandlers.htm

is directly from VStudio help. a much better description than anyone
could type

Linker Errors
Hi Guys, After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a bunch of linker errors that have stummped me. It says it can't find _xGetMonitorInfo, _xMonitorFromWindow, and _xGetSystemMetrics. I suspect that I have to update my SDK, here is the question, if I'm using VS2003, can I update my SDK to get rid of this problem? AliR. AliR wrote: > Hi Guys, > > After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in > order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a...

Check store option hanging
Hi all Check store option hanging and i need the any solution to this problems and i'm sent the Question =================================== some time These problems occur in Machines 1- Hanging application HQServer.exe in Machine server RMS 2- Check store option is hanging and HQ client is Hanging and not work I hope you will help me find a solution to this problems thanks Best regards =================================== We have Mr. Terrible Tom graciously responded to that and I appreciate and thank him very much but i can not find a solutio...

Linker problem?
I have a MFC solution built in Studio.NET 2003. There are 2 projects(DLL), I can build one of it. For anotherone, it said link problem: can not link to the first. Which part I missed? Let say, I have built the first project and got first.dll and first.lib. Then I copy the first.lib to the second project and in second project setting->linker->input, add first.lib. But I still got link error said can not resolve external symbol which is defined in the first project. What I missed? btw, don't keep copying around lib files. Use project dependencies. Are you sure you have exported ...

resolving external references in linker
What is the order of resolving external references in linker in Visual C++ 6.0 ? I have a class in a library. I include the library in my MFC-project. In that project I have a newer version of the same class. How can I make sure that my source code in that project uses that newer class and not the older one from the library? Use namespaces? "Mikko Kuorisuo" <juppistuuk@online.nospam> wrote in message news:OqUNULfNFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What is the order of resolving external references in linker in Visual C++ > 6.0 ? > > I have a class in a libr...

what is /safeSEH linker option ?
Can anyone tell me significance of /safeSEH linker option ? Should I set it for my project ? ajay@webtechdevelopers.com wrote on 1/31/2005 5:14 AM: > Can anyone tell me significance of /safeSEH linker option ? > Should I set it for my project ? > ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vccore/html/vclrfSAFESEHImageHasSafeExceptionHandlers.htm is directly from VStudio help. a much better description than anyone could type ...

Disable Delete Batch Option for Payables
I would like to disable the delete option on the payable batch entry screen for a specific user in Dynamics v9. What is the procedure for this? Use Field Level Security (included in BRL but an extra cost option if you are not there yet). -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Sam Allen" wrote: > I would like to disable the delete option on the payable batch entry screen > for a specific user in Dynamics v9. What...

Access Data Page filter option
I have a basic Access Data Page designed where all pertinent information is displayed for the overall. However, based on the person who is reviewing the information, how do I filter out the irrelevant information from the page without creating a seperate query for every single person? Essentially, I am thinking of some type of dialogue box that will display before displaying the page of information. That dialogue box will ask for the userid of the person seeking the information and then match that up with the relevant information. Then only the information attached to the userid is ...

OL2003 Junk Mail Options
I only ever expect to receive mail from my safe senders and contacts and want anything identified as junk mail deleted instead of moving to the junk mail folder. My current junk mail settings are "Safe Lists Only", "Permanently Delete Suspected Junk Mail instead of...." and "Also trust e-mail from my contacts". When I go Send/Receive no mail is moved to my Inbox, the Send/Receive window opens but sticks for an eternity downloading message 1 of howevermany and I have to cancel Send/Receive. If I take off the "Permanently Delete Suspected Junk Mail in...

Startup Options
I would like Excel to start without opening a blank document. The help file says to add a /e to the end of the target path in the shortcut properties tab. But when I do this I receive a message saying "The name is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct". I have tried it using a space and without a space, using quotes and without quotes and nothing works. Can anyone help me out? Edward You are probably putting the space/e inside the quotes". Try putting it OUTSIDE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Edward" <...

How can I generate a file dependent on linker output, which the linker then needs to generate the final dll using VS2005?
I need to process the map file that's generated by link on a C++ project, in order to generate the the .DEF file I really want to link with. Effectively, I want to make only some of the exports from my DLL available, and also I want to reference them by ordinal only. For those of you who have looked at how MFC works, will recognize this as being similar to the method in MFC80.def I can't really see any way to do this, as there doesn't seem to be any simple way to run the link command again with similar arguments to those generated automatically. However, I did come up wit...

Discounts Options
- How do I make a discount where a customer buy 3 different items and pay only for 2 items of higher price? - How can I create a scenario where customer spend certain amount of money & they are entitled for discount/coupons/gift cards? Thanks :) warning: any time i asked about discounts here it either went unanswered or people told me what i already knew... i'm unsure about the first issue--it's possible that there's a way to do this in RMS but i need to look again--there's some cool discounting features but here's what doesn't mix with the discounts in RMS-->...

access2007 option group dotted line box around text
I have an access 2007 application with a form with a unbound option box with three option buttons and labels. When I select them sometimes the dotted box shows around 2 of the labels. The options have values 1, 2 and 3. Not sure why it is not just showing the dotted line box around the selected option? Any tips to fix it? Mark see my previous post for suggestions and resolution. I accidentally thought a deleted this one and it didn't post. Mark "Mark Andrews" <mandrewsNOSPAM@rptsoftware.com> wrote in message news:Okuv5ohaKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05....

Problem with linker
Hi, i am in the process of migration of my project from vc6.0 to vc 8.0. i have a problem here. i describe it here. can anybody help me plz. i have code in my cpp file like below. ****************************************************** char *cpFromDataPoint, *cpToDataPoint, *cpDataPoint; ....... /* first if condition*/ if( (cpToDataPoint = const_cast<char *>(strstr( (const char*)lpszKeyWordData, (const char *)","))) == NULL) { ............... } else *(cpToDataPoint++) = '\0'; **********and********* /* Second if condition*/ if((cpDataPoint = const_cast<char *...

Review options
Hello, how do you set the default settings so that when I open a document it goes to the "review final" rather then the "review Final with Markup"? In Word 2007, Office button - Word Options - Trust Center - Trust Center Settings - Privacy Options, remove the check next to "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving". This will affect ONLY your own settings. It will not affect how things open on somebody else's computer. It cannot be set on a per-document basis. Now that I've told you how to do it, let me advise you NOT to use disab...

linker error because of unresolved external symbol
Hi there, I have a linker error I cannot get rid of. Here it is: nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc nafxcw.lib(filelist.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype nafxcw.lib(apphelp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype nafxcw.lib(timecore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype I have been searching the newsgroups and haven't found a solution for me. Usually , one get this error when mixing up run-time libs. But I...

Spelling options
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom dictionary in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add it to my dictionary nor ignore it. I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out. Can anyone help please? Sorry, this was meant for a Word group! "janey" <janey@newsgroup.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBA3B8D6-BE56-4D12-98BD-E38B94249D07@microsoft.com... > > I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom > di...

Option circling in form
Hi, Need help urgently. I'm working on a fill-able form (template). Let's say I have a selection of words to choose from, and I want the user to circle his/her option, how do I do that? Ex: Present on this visit? Yes No I want the user to circle either one option "Yes" or "No" by just clicking on the word of choice. Please help me with this. Your prompt respond and help is very much appreciated. Thank you This is going to be difficult to achieve in Word. If you're making a protected form with for...

option to warn if subject is empty
Is there an option to warn the user if the subject line is empty? Blah <Blah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there an option to warn the user if the subject line is empty? See if something here helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=126 -- Brian Tillman You'll need to use VBA code http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040902.htm#blank -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Ti...

Evaluating multiple option buttons on a subform
Hello, I have a tab control with 8 pages with a subform 1 for each comitte that i am collecting data for I only want to run the code to select the max auto number 1 time if atleast one of the add to committe option button is selected. If none is selected no need running the query to pull the max number. It will just enter the basic information in the main table with nothing going into any of the commitee tables. What is the easiest way to check if any of the 8 option buttons on each page on a tab control is selected? they have different names . My current code alwas defa...

Linker warning
I am getting the following linker warning: LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to "comdlg32.dll" discarded by /OPT:REF How can I get rid of this warning? Thanks. Jess To turn off the linker warning, you can add following line to your source code #pragma comment(linker, "/ignore:warning number") or add "/ignore:warning number" to project linker option. -- Shin, YoungJin http://www.jiniya.net "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a4ZLf.39750$H71.16939@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... >I am getting the followin...

Sheet tabs are hidden...option is checked
Anyone know how to make the sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar show up at the bottom? I created a workbook for my mom's work on Excel 2000 containing 5 different sheets, which I can navigate to by clicking the tabs at the bottom. However, my mom can't see the tabs (or the horizontal scroll bar) using Excel 2003. There's nothing else at the bottom except the status bar. I got her to check Tools>Options>"View", but both the sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar options are checked to be shown. Is there something else I can tell her to do? -- okamico ----------...

Linker Problem
VC++ 2003/XP I've got a solution that contains a .dll project and an application project. The app is dependent upon the .dll, and I have that set in the solution settings. Problem: In Debug version, if I edit the code in the .dll and rebuild, the .exe project does not re-link with the newly built dll .lib file. (It says the project is up to date) The Release version doesn't experience this problem. I'm using the project settings option page to link to the .lib in the app project, as opposed to using a #pragma statement somewhere in the code. Any ideas why a project wouldn&#...

The dynamic worksheet option is gone
Hi, For some reason, when I click the export to excel button, I now get only 2 options : static worksheet with all records from current page and static worksheet with all records. The dynamic worksheet option used to be there, but it's gone now! I have no idea why ths happened. On a small custon entity, I even directly get asked to save the excel file without any option. Any idea? Thanks! "m1sterd" wrote: > Hi, > > For some reason, when I click the export to excel button, I now get only 2 > options : static worksheet with all records from current page and ...

Wot no linker settings for library projects ???
I have a library project "CoreLib" and want to call some functions in a seperate DLL ("TrackDll") I have created. Unfortunately the "Linker" tab disappears when I select the "CoreLib" project ... so how on earth do I inform the project that it needs to link with TrackDll.lib ??? TTFN, Jon "Jon Evans" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d447$0aea7550$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a library project "CoreLib" and want to call some > functions in a seperate DLL ("TrackDll") I h...

Linker errorLNK2001
I have an unmanaged MFC project that I am referencing from a managed MFC project. The unmanaged project builds successfully, but the build of the managed project fails during the link because it cannot find the external symbols from the unmanaged class. In what directory should the dll file be placed for the unmanaged project? The intellisense operates correctly referencing the unmanaged class within the source for the managed class. However, the linker is not finding the external symbols for the compiled class. Any suggestions? ...