what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?

I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a
dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog
to hold the characters from txt?
0
sclxf (8)
8/18/2003 1:35:31 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Something like :-

while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr))
{
    str += tmpstr;
}

m_edit.SetWindowText(str);

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

"liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message
> Thanks first!
> I know that Edit control can receive and edit input.
> and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt.
> but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit?
> Thanks!

0
nish (347)
8/18/2003 2:49:22 AM
Thanks!
I'll try to do it.

0
sclxf (8)

Excel display Fault
Out of about 50 people using an excel program I wrote, three people exhibits a problem after running a macro, where a worksheet shows parts of other worksheets. Moving a mouse over the areas clears the problem area. I believe some update from Microsoft has created this fault as it has only started to fault last week. All 3 people are running excel 2003 professional Turning auto calculate off fixes the fault, however turning auto calculate back on, immediately produces error I use the following commands trying to overcome problem with no positive results Application.Cal...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Can this be done? #2
I need a formula at cell A11 to pick up the last non-empty value of the range (A1-A10). For example A1 101 A2 102 A3 103 A4 104 A5 105 A6 A7 A8 A9 A10 A11 -> 105 ---------- A1 101 A2 102 A3 103 A4 104 A5 105 A6 106 A7 107 A8 A9 A10 A11 -> 107 Thanks in advance for any help! Hi for a full explaination of the whole subject check out http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html for a simple formula which assumes that you've not got text and the last number won't be a zero =LOOKUP(2,1/(-A1:A10<>0),A1:A10) Cheers JulieD <jkclub2000@yahoo.com> wr...

I can't use outlook express to send mail
Hi, I need you help. My problem is that I can not use outlook express (window mail with vista) to send e-mail out. The error message is as following: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'ljkljlkjkl', Account: 'public.tpt.tj.cn', Server: '202.106.187.158', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can you please help me to find out how to settle this problem. Thanks, Grace Windows Mail is Windows Mail, not Outlook Express. '202.106.187.158' is not a server name. Call your ISP and ...

Howto get standard SystemInfo dialog
Hello, does anyone know how to call the 'Microsoft System Information' dialog from mfc? The same dialog you get e.g. at the Microsoft Word -> About -> System info button. Thanks in advance, Arno Try a ShellExecute[Ex]() / CreateProcess() of msinfo32.exe -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Arno" <Arno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA524CFD-AF69-4606-888C-D3BF60BEA4DB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > does anyone know how to call the 'Microsoft System Information' dialog from > mfc? > T...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why can't i insert a chart in excel worksheet?
I have created a worksheet and formattted it according to our textbook in class. i am up to the point of inserting a chart, but when i go on the ribbon to insert a chart the choices are greyed out and i can not insert a chart. i opened a new worksheet to check, and the chart choices are not greyed out. i also opened a previous worksheet and i can still insert a chart, but i can not insert one in this worksheet for some reason. HELP!! Is the worksheet protected? Is it shared? Is it grouped (are more than one sheet selected)? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Excel creating tmp files
I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I make a change to an excel file it wants to create a separate file labled with a tmp extension ie f5de4221.tmp. Why is it doing this and what can I do to stop it. Jim S Hi Jim, Have you solved this problem? I'm also facing the same problem but can't solve it. If you've found the solution please let me know steps to follow. Best regards, Gus "Big Jim" wrote: > I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I > make a change to an excel file it...

help. i can write an email but have no idea how to send it in mic.
anyone who can please help me send an email by microsoft outlook 2003 please help. so far all i can do is write a draft and have absolutley no idea where to go from there to actually send off the email. thankyou natalie wrote: || anyone who can please help me send an email by microsoft outlook || 2003 please help. so far all i can do is write a draft and have || absolutley no idea where to go from there to actually send off the || email. thankyou Try pressing "Send"? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Hello Nat...

Help! Character Encoding Problem when exporting from Access to XML
I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provider who distributes the file in XML form to online clients. Recently characters have started to not translate onto sites; usually quotes and apostrophes. I have been told by the third party service that this is due to a problem from cutting-and-pasting btw Excel, Word and Access. How can I 'clean' this data in Access so it is uniform? On May 11, 5:31=A0am, Mark H <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provide= r > who ...

what is watch.wtc file
Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone know. I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on thier computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks ! How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality? smiles_ny wrote: > Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,...

Can't delete mail address
Hi I have a small problem with an Exchange 2003 server. I have a e-mail address that I can't delete. The address is in use but it is not assigned to any user or public folder. Is their any way to get past this problem? Best regards Lasse Who is it assigned to? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Lasse" <Lasse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CD89461-B673-4AE2-B2D1-853264F1279E@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a small problem with an Exchange 2003 server. > &...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Dialog is not showing
My SDI app runs a COM object that can open multiple windows. If this COM object opens just one window I can click on a button on my app to open a modal dialog which works. If the COM object opens two or more windows when I click on the button to open the modal dialog it does not appear and my app no longer responds to input. When I close one of the windows of the COM object (there can still be multiple windows opened by the COM object) the dialog appears and my app now responds to input. Any ideas on how I might troubleshoot this problem? The COM object is started and controlled by a hidd...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Where can I find the icons for "create new file" etc ?
I am writing a training manual for Publisher and need to insert the icons fo various Microsoft functions. I have searched online but must be using the wrong words. I want the little pictures of say a file with a star on the top right side etc. http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Utilities/Icon_Extractor/article.asp -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RRDTC in Lao PDR" <RRDTC in Lao PDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C3A2513-3333-4D95-9C1D-C37302CF4CD1@microsoft.com... >I am writi...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

problems reading email
I have a yahoo email account sychronized to Outlook. =20 Several bizarre things are happening: Occasional emails from Lotus Notes users appear as=20 garbled text (like this for example: = azj'{+hj&#1874;'$Vz)&#52585;ej&#1576;j. &#1832;^j&#485;z&#1630; ). The emails when read using the web interface = (yahoo, internet explorer) are fine. Emails sent to one site (again Lotus Notes) in particular=20 are switching the Sender and Receiver - they come back to=20 me as if from the other person, but it is just my=20 original message. This happens only sporadically ...

Office 2007 forms

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

HELP!!!! priv1.edb file corrupt
my exchange 2003 server will not allow me to mount the store, i get "internal error, restart imformation store service and retry" I put exchange onto a different server and populated the new machine with the users mailboxes, i attempted to copy the priv1.edb file into the new server, but users don't have access to the messages within that database, users can send and receive messages but all folders, messages, contacts etc from the old server are not accessable and the mailbox store shows 2 accounts for each user, one account with the new mailbox info and one with the o...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...