What are the steps involved in compiling and linking Active x ocx?

HI,
What are the steps involved in compiling and linking Active x ocx using
VC++ 6.0 MFC

I have seen some tools like Rc, midl ,cl , link
but I am unaware that in what order these work...

Help
sandspiderX

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

if u r using VC++6, u need consider the order. VC6 IDE will do it for u.
following is the oder,
i)MIDL produce generates the tlb file
ii) RC file compiles resource files
iii) cl compilers ur cpp files and generates the obj files
iv) link will link all the obj's and generates the final executable

naren

"sandSpider" wrote:

> HI,
> What are the steps involved in compiling and linking Active x ocx using
> VC++ 6.0 MFC
>
> I have seen some tools like Rc, midl ,cl , link
> but I am unaware that in what order these work...
>
> Help
> sandspiderX

0
Naren1 (60)

Compile project in one file, stand-alone ready to deploy.
Hello all, This is a very quick question and maybe a real dumb one. I am doing a program, simple program to just shutdowm a computer. I am using the #include "stdafx.h" #include "windows.h" #include "winbase.h" #include "PowrProf.h" --> to use suspend What is my objective, do a executable to deploy to some stations. When I compile in my computer it works ok. But If I get the executable, and send it to another computer.... it says the application cannot initialize because incorrect configuration. How can I compile everythin need in one file .exe a...

In VBA how do I link the fields of a form to an on-the-fly SQL que
Hi. I have a form whose fields are linked to an underlying table of constellations and their variable stars. When the form opens it is initially linked to the entire table-- all the stars in all the constellations. On the form, I create a SQL query by searching on a single constellation, and I want to be able to do this over and over again as I work through the various constellations. I don't want to save the query-- just a temporary one in memory while I am adding new/updating old records for the selected stars. I can create the query OK-- the SQL works fine. But once a new qu...

Installing Office X on a new computer from an upgrade disk
Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions. I just bought a new iMac and would like to install my copy of Office on it. The problem I have is that the Office X installation disk that I have is an upgrade disk. After installing, the computer asks me to Browse to my original installation. The problem with that is that I can't find the original Office 2001 disks that I had. Any suggestions on how to move my copy of the software from one computer to the other? Can I use the migration assistant to just move that one set of programs (I don't want to use it to move everything from the old comp...

Refresh of links in shared file.
I have created a shared file that has a production schedule. It has links to another non-shared file so that I can use/refresh a query to pull production information from a database and put it into pivot tables. I have a vlookup to find the totals of the part in the pivot table. When I have the schedule file shared and open and I have the "update file" open and then update the query everything in my shared document updates. I save changes. The problem is others cannot see these changes by saving (it works if I type numbers instead of using a link to the update file...

Link error #8
I created a function to perform some tasks on vectors, and saved it in a file named VectorHelper.cpp: // // VectorHelper.cpp // #include "StdAfx.h" #include <VectorHelper.h> template< typename T > void vector_push_elements(vector<T>& vObject, int pos, T* elements, int sizeInElements) { vector<byte> chunk; chunk.resize( sizeInElements ); memcpy( &chunk[0], elements, sizeInElements / sizeof(T) ); vObject.insert( vObject.begin() + pos, chunk.begin(), chunk.end() ); } // ----------------- And created a header for it: // // VectorHel...

X & Z Report Lockdown in Microsoft Retail Management System
Cashiers can access X & Z report data through the Journal (F4) lookup feature and essentially piece together yearly store sales data. We have clients who want cashiers to be able to lookup individual sales receipts using the Journal (F4) feature, but would like to block cashiers from viewing previous/current X & Z reports. RMS administrators should not have to block the entire "Journal (F4)" button in order to prevent cashiers from accessing unlimited and confidential post-sales info. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to th...

View Notes list/activities in Information tab
One of the things that our users dislike about CRM is the effort it takes to get to relevant information. You cannot see notes, activities, or their details, without changing to the appropriate tab and then opening the item. We'd MUCH rather have it work like Act and display a section below the general details that contains the list of relevant items for the account, opportunity or contact. Anyone have any experience with this or thoughts on how to make it work without major effort? Thanks :) Keith, You should look at the Activity Summary add-on product from www.c360.com... HT...

Linking Sheets.
I know how to link separate files but I can't seem to find a way to link sheets in the same file. e.g. Sheet B contains a column which I can SUM and I want the result to appear and update in Sheet A as well as in sheet B Your help would be appreciated. -- * All mail scanned with Norton anti virus * On Sheet 2 enter =Sheet1!A1 and you should see the value of Sheet1's A1 cell displayed. The best way to enter these links when the sheets have more imaginative names is point and click; type = in Sheet2, open Sheet1 and click on A1; now click the green check mark in the formula bar. ...

Close Print Checks window when Post Checks window is active (UPR)
With version 10.0 in Payroll, the Print Checks window stays active when the Post Checks window is open. Users can mistakingly print checks again when the only option to reprint, void, etc. should be from the Post Checks window. There is no reason for it to remain active. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Sort order of activities
We track a lot of activities. It is really frustating that I can't seem to figure out how to add a date column to the Activities screen of an Opprotunity. Of course, I can add a date field to the Opprotunity Manger where all of my opprotunities are listed. But I have not figured out how to change the Activity screen once inside the Opprotunity. -Jason you cannot customize activity screens in the current versions of Microsoft CRM. The next version of Microsoft CRM will support full activity customization. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolu...

Prevent Excel chart flicker,when plots are linked to DDE data
I am using Excel 2003 to display an XY plot on a chart. The plot updates continuously to display real-time information to an equipment operator. The chart data series, on another sheet, receive their information continuously, twice a second, through a DDE connection. Whenever the chart updates, the chart has an annoying flicker. (The chart might be displaying a white background, then re-displaying the updated plots). Curiously, a textbox on the chart also updates some real-time data. Rather than flickering, the data simply changes in the textbox. I would hope that the plot could be ma...

How do I de-activate hyperlink in Excel ?
I am creating a spreadsheet that has email addresses and web-sites in some cells. I don't want them to appear as hyperlink. I know to remove hyperlink by right clicking on a cell but I want to learn how to de-activate hyperlink in the worksheet. try this code activesheet.hyperlinks.delete it will remove all the hyperlinks in the active sheet. "Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF501BB5-5344-481D-B73B-87CFCE8EAE30@microsoft.com... > I am creating a spreadsheet that has email addresses and web-sites in some > cells. > I don't want t...

class wizard / conditional compilation
Hi, I need something like this: #if defined(_PCA92_) #include "pca\\9.2\\Winawsvr.h" #elif defined(_PCA105_) #include "pca\\10.5\\Winawsvr.h" #elif defined(_PCA115_) #include "pca\\11.5\\Winawsvr.h" #endif The defines I control by setting up different release mode files, just like with Debug and Release versions, eg: .. Release - PCA92 .. Release - PCA105 .. Release - PCA115 I can then select this from the drop down menu to compile the right version. However, the files can not be compiled unless they are imported into the class wizard. Since the file names...

Dynamically linking fields to forms
In my form I have patient_Id as drop down list which is linked to main PATIENT table where it gets update by different department and the new values shows up in my FORM's drown drop list immediately. Along with patient_id I have 4 more values that need to be shown on my FORM from 4 different tables. Finally all the above values collected dynamically and some tested values from FORM base table ( testing table) should be saved into my testing table when some one clicks on the save button. Is this possible? with out distrubing the PATIENT tables or any other linked tables? -- ...

outlook email embedded links do not activate #2
The links embedded in outlook emails do not activate any more - no matter how you click on them. Is there any suggestion to find out what made them stop working? They worked for a couple of years - now they do not. Thanks eg Is this in Business contacts manager? Did it happen after you installed Service pack 1? >-----Original Message----- >The links embedded in outlook emails do not activate any >more - no matter how you click on them. > >Is there any suggestion to find out what made them stop >working? They worked for a couple of years - now they do >not. >...

Linking Form and Report
Good evening, I have a Main Entry Form for the entry of installation data. I have a Report set up to be used as an Audit tool. I would like to have the Audit Report pop up for review when the Save & Close button is depressed. The Form and the Report are linked by Folio No, unfortunately I have not been successful, when you push the Save & Close the form opens but its blank. I have checked the underlying tables and the data seems to be there. Is there something unusual about trying to attach a Report to a Form at all. Private Sub btnSaveRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnSa...

Conditional links
I am trying to creat a shipping list from a set of 10 worksheets. Ther are several cells that need to be linked to the shipping list only i "x" is indicated in a particular cell in that column. I am able to ge the cell I want to link by using the following formula =IF(Sheet1!S10="X",Sheet1!E10," ") How can I list only the lines with "x"? I do not want to link only 1 line at a time. I want it to check th first line. If there is no "x" then check the next line until it find an x and then link it. Thanks in advance Cand -- CNA4 -------...

OWA 2003 links not working
I have an email that has a link in the body of the message. When I click on that link from Outlook (2003) it redirects fine. But when I click on that link from my OWA (happens on both front and back-end server)the link fails and gives me an error "Unable to generate forwarding URL. Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException:0<_code=US" (I don't think this is helpful in this case, but wanted to supply the error code). If I take the link that Outlook generates and paste it in my browser(by the way this happens with IE and Firefox) it works fine. Its just when OWA tries t...

Excel linked vs non-linked column data
All, Here is the situation. We have a great clinical tracking database that captures almost all of the information we need, however, in some instances users need to capture a couple of additional pieces of information. The design of the database is on lockdown, so I am not permitted to add these additional fields to the tables, update the forms, etc. Someone told me that I could link an Excel spreadsheet to the database(specifically a query) then add the extra columns of information I need to track. In other words, I enter most of my info into Access, but the information it d...

step in-between printer (LPT)
I need to develop some software that will step in between a computer and it's printer. The software should read from one LPT port (connected to printing computer) and then redirect that traffic out a second LPT port (connected to printer). It will do stuff to the data as it goes by. Can you give me any direction on what is needed to develop this? How do I read/write to/from the LPT port in Windows? Are there any libraries available that can manage the communications? Do I need to develop a driver to do this? Thanks! werdna.sivad@gmail.com wrote: <snip> > develop this? Ho...

Excel file with macros involved really bring in danger?
Recently we designed a online questionair for enterpreneurs basing o Excel with macros functions. We workded hard on it and it is almost finished. However, when we invite enterpreneurs to have a try, it came out problem. When they open it online, they are asked to enable macros. As we al experienced, the computers warn them that macros may bring in viruses, then they started to fear and refuse to open it. If they do not use it, our whole work will mean nothing. I want to persuade these enterpreneurs that enabling macros will not b as dangerous as they think. But actually I am not very ...

Unwanted Linked files in Excel 97
Hi, Could someone please help. I have for a while now found that all my excel files have a linked file under Edit|Links, this file that the sheets refer to has long since been deleted, but still excel refers to it. I have tried everything and cannot seem to get rid of this link. Could someone please assist me on how to get rid of these links. Thanks in Advance Eduard Worry no more - Trot on over to the following link and download Bill Manville's superb FINDLINK addin. This will find the slipperiest little sucker, wherever it might try and hide. http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Defaul...

Importing status with activities
Hi, I'm importing some phone calls into CRM using the import wizard. I'd like to be able to set the Activity Status of the Phone Call to Completed (as this is historic data) as part of the import. However the import wizard throws a warning about the column with the status: "Ignored:Column not valid for create/update." - and this column is not imported. I could sort out the status with workflow following the import, but it would be easier to just set it on import. Any suggestions? Thanks, Simon Hi, The Status values with activities sholud be the numerical values. U n...

Activate Mailbox Calendars without logging on as user?
Hi Exchange experts, I have created a test site with an OU of 20 users with Exchange 2003 mailboxes. I would like to use PFDAVAdmin to grant everyone read only permissions to the calendars and grant publishing editor (or equivalent) permissions on the calendars so I can populate the users with test appointments. I understood that PFDAVAdmin synchronizes free/busy info at the same time as it assigns permissions. However, I am having two problems that I would appreciate you advice on : a) I cannot seem to access the mailbox calendar properties in PFDAVAdmin until I try to access them ...

Can't emulate in code steps I can do manually
I have a form where I am entering some data and then clicking a button to run some SQL statements. Sporadically, I am getting an error message. The error message is "Microsoft Office Access can't append all the records in the append query". If I move to the previous record on the form and then back to the current record before I click on the button, there is no error with the SQL statements. If I hit Ctrl-S before I click on the button, there is no error. But, if I do neither of these steps, I get the error listed above. I have attempted to band-aid the problem by just putt...