Well not exactly MFC....though I am using it in MFC :)

Okay actually I am trying to write a DLL which my MFC dialog imports, but
for some reason I cannot get something really simple done.  Basically all I
want to be able to do is copy a string that is given to a function, and then
return it to the user unchanged (as within my program I modified the two
strings which are given as parameters).
What is weird is simply that I CANNOT delete a char * which I created using
NEW???
Here is what I am trying to do....
I have char * tempString;  //define in my .h file for the DLL.

in the method
void ChangeString(char * a, char * b)
{
    tempString = new char[strlen(a)];
    strcpy(tempString, a);
//do some things to modify a here;
    strcpy(a, tempString);
    delete [] tempString;
}
Now this always crashes at the delete [] tempString line...and I don't
(unfortunately) have a clue why (I know it is more a general MFC type
question, but you guys at least respond to queries...haven't had much luck
elsewhere).

Now what really confuses me is that if I add a constructer and deconstructed
to my dll, I can:
in the constructor pass the size of the string
STRINGM::STRINGM(int StringLength)
{
    tempString = new char (StringLenght);
}
and in the deconstructer call
    delete [] tempString;

and of course it works fine....
I know I'm missing something pretty simple (and fundamental) to classes in
that I can pass an integer and create my string without and problems (and
delete it later) but if I pass THE CHAR * to the string, and get it's length
for construction I'm doomed to crash whenever I attempt to delete the
string...can somebody help me here please (a link would work just as well as
an explanation if you've got one, I've tried googling for this (being able
to use new but not delete) but unfortunately I haven't yet come across what
seems to be stopping this one from working.

Ohhh, and questions number 2 which is definitely MFC :)  I am planning on
having this DLL being shipped to different user who may (or may not) be
using an MFC framework.  What I need to be able to do, is to bring up a
messagebox when my DLL is called, that will ask for some specific
information...now is their any reason why I can/cannot create my dialog and
display it when my dll is initialized (currently I am just using a straight
C++ class)....I figured it's better to know if I can display a dialog via my
DLL first, rather than attempt a lot of coding and figure out it won't work
(or else that I have made some minor mistake).
Thanks for any help everyone,

0
Arlis
2/18/2005 8:34:51 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<Sigh> alright seems my first idea (somehow) was actually wrong...no
apparently I cannot create a string in my constructor then destroy it in my
deconstructed...(could have sworn it worked earlier but now)... ah google,
where art though answer LoL

"Arlis Rose" <arlisATendevouraerospace.com> wrote in message
> Okay actually I am trying to write a DLL which my MFC dialog imports, but
> for some reason I cannot get something really simple done.  Basically all
> I want to be able to do is copy a string that is given to a function, and
> then return it to the user unchanged (as within my program I modified the
> two strings which are given as parameters).
> What is weird is simply that I CANNOT delete a char * which I created
> using NEW???
> Here is what I am trying to do....
> I have char * tempString;  //define in my .h file for the DLL.
>
> in the method
> void ChangeString(char * a, char * b)
> {
>    tempString = new char[strlen(a)];
>    strcpy(tempString, a);
> //do some things to modify a here;
>    strcpy(a, tempString);
>    delete [] tempString;
> }
> Now this always crashes at the delete [] tempString line...and I don't
> (unfortunately) have a clue why (I know it is more a general MFC type
> question, but you guys at least respond to queries...haven't had much luck
> elsewhere).
>
> Now what really confuses me is that if I add a constructer and
> deconstructed to my dll, I can:
> in the constructor pass the size of the string
> STRINGM::STRINGM(int StringLength)
> {
>    tempString = new char (StringLenght);
> }
> and in the deconstructer call
>    delete [] tempString;
>
> and of course it works fine....
> I know I'm missing something pretty simple (and fundamental) to classes in
> that I can pass an integer and create my string without and problems (and
> delete it later) but if I pass THE CHAR * to the string, and get it's
> length for construction I'm doomed to crash whenever I attempt to delete
> the string...can somebody help me here please (a link would work just as
> well as an explanation if you've got one, I've tried googling for this
> (being able to use new but not delete) but unfortunately I haven't yet
> come across what seems to be stopping this one from working.
>

> Ohhh, and questions number 2 which is definitely MFC :)  I am planning on
> having this DLL being shipped to different user who may (or may not) be
> using an MFC framework.  What I need to be able to do, is to bring up a
> messagebox when my DLL is called, that will ask for some specific
> information...now is their any reason why I can/cannot create my dialog
> and display it when my dll is initialized (currently I am just using a
> straight C++ class)....I figured it's better to know if I can display a
> dialog via my DLL first, rather than attempt a lot of coding and figure
> out it won't work (or else that I have made some minor mistake).
> Thanks for any help everyone,

0
Arlis
2/18/2005 8:57:45 PM
Arlis Rose wrote:

> Okay actually I am trying to write a DLL which my MFC dialog imports, but
> for some reason I cannot get something really simple done.  Basically all I
> want to be able to do is copy a string that is given to a function, and then
> return it to the user unchanged (as within my program I modified the two
> strings which are given as parameters).
> What is weird is simply that I CANNOT delete a char * which I created using
> NEW???
> Here is what I am trying to do....
> I have char * tempString;  //define in my .h file for the DLL.
>
> in the method
> void ChangeString(char * a, char * b)
> {
>     tempString = new char[strlen(a)];
>     strcpy(tempString, a);
> //do some things to modify a here;
>     strcpy(a, tempString);
>     delete [] tempString;
> }
> Now this always crashes at the delete [] tempString line...and I don't
> (unfortunately) have a clue why

Maybe

tempString = new char[strlen(a)+1];

Also, why do you need tempstring at all? Why don't you just modify a if
that is what you want to do? And what is b?

I suspect that this code is not actually what you have in your DLL.

HTH,

David Wilkinson

0
no-reply8010 (1791)
2/18/2005 9:07:29 PM
Arlis Rose wrote:

>Okay actually I am trying to write a DLL which my MFC dialog imports, but
>for some reason I cannot get something really simple done.  Basically all I
>want to be able to do is copy a string that is given to a function, and then
>return it to the user unchanged (as within my program I modified the two
>strings which are given as parameters).
>What is weird is simply that I CANNOT delete a char * which I created using
>NEW???
>Here is what I am trying to do....
>I have char * tempString;  //define in my .h file for the DLL.
>
>in the method
>void ChangeString(char * a, char * b)
>{
>    tempString = new char[strlen(a)];
>    strcpy(tempString, a);

You have a buffer overrun here. You need to allocate one more character to
account for the nul terminator, e.g.

    tempString = new char[strlen(a)+1];
    strcpy(tempString, a);

>//do some things to modify a here;
>    strcpy(a, tempString);
>    delete [] tempString;
>}

Is there any particular reason you don't do all your work on tempstring?

(BTW, using a string class such as CString or std::string will save you from
these allocation headaches and help you make your program exception-safe.)

>Now this always crashes at the delete [] tempString line...and I don't
>(unfortunately) have a clue why (I know it is more a general MFC type
>question, but you guys at least respond to queries...haven't had much luck
>elsewhere).

Could be the buffer overrun. The debug heap might detect this.

>Now what really confuses me is that if I add a constructer and deconstructed
>to my dll, I can:
>in the constructor pass the size of the string
>STRINGM::STRINGM(int StringLength)
>{
>    tempString = new char (StringLenght);

That allocates a single character and initializes it with StringLength. You
need to use brackets to create an array, not parens.

>}
>and in the deconstructer call
>    delete [] tempString;
>
>and of course it works fine....
>I know I'm missing something pretty simple (and fundamental) to classes in
>that I can pass an integer and create my string without and problems (and
>delete it later) but if I pass THE CHAR * to the string, and get it's length
>for construction I'm doomed to crash whenever I attempt to delete the
>string...can somebody help me here please (a link would work just as well as
>an explanation if you've got one, I've tried googling for this (being able
>to use new but not delete) but unfortunately I haven't yet come across what
>seems to be stopping this one from working.
>
>Ohhh, and questions number 2 which is definitely MFC :)  I am planning on
>having this DLL being shipped to different user who may (or may not) be
>using an MFC framework.  What I need to be able to do, is to bring up a
>messagebox when my DLL is called, that will ask for some specific
>information...now is their any reason why I can/cannot create my dialog and
>display it when my dll is initialized (currently I am just using a straight
>C++ class)....I figured it's better to know if I can display a dialog via my
>DLL first, rather than attempt a lot of coding and figure out it won't work
>(or else that I have made some minor mistake).
>Thanks for any help everyone,

You can do that. Look in the docs for MFC "regular DLL". Start with:

Kinds of DLLs
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/vcconKindsOfDLLs.asp?frame=true

TN011: Using MFC as Part of a DLL
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_MFCNOTES_TN011.asp?frame=true

--
Doug Harrison
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++
0
dsh (2498)
2/18/2005 9:33:35 PM
Actually the (strlen(a)+1) is what I needed (I had though I had tried that
already but I couldn't get it too work for some reason...perhaps just the
Friday afternoon breakdown :(
Basically all I was trying to do was create a temporary copy of my char *,
the reason I did this was I pass in two string to my compression/encryption
program, and it runs around 10 different functions on these strings
(modifying them back and forth) until the 2nd string is the new
compressed/encrypted string I want back as output.  The problem is that the
first strings contents were thus getting modified, and I wanted to be able
to pass back out that strings as if nothing had changed for it.  In
retrospect this function could have been written to accept one char * and
return another (basically that is all it is trying to do), but when our
student created the function, (for whatever reason) he decided to pass it
two variables rather than have it return anything (I guess we could NOT use
CStrings or MFC at the time (we were using Allegro which doesn't seem to
like MFC :( and he wanted to make sure that the size of the strings was
determined in the original program BEFORE the function was called.
So yeah, basically I guess the function was not written correctly in the
first place (well as to that I'm not entirely sure...anyone have 2 cents to
through in on whether or not it is incorrect to have what is (essentially)
your return variable as a parameter passed to the function (and then simply
return void) instead of return a char *???).
I guess (if anyone else reads this post :) that would be my next questions,
essentially my function does this:
void ChangeString (char * a, char * b)
{
char * tempString = new char[strlen(a)+1];
strcpy(tempString, a);
function1(a, b);
function2(b,a);
function3(a,b);
function4(b,a);
//etc......
strcpy(a, tempString);
delete tempString;
}

(where "a" is the string to be compressed, "b" will be the compressed string
upon exit)...
Already I can see that I could use tempString instead of "a" inside the
function (which would remove 1 strcpy....(is it even worth it LoL)....but
does anyone have a reason why this type of function (which returns via a
passed parameter instead of using a return) is wrong?
Thanks for the help anyways David, the function works now (and doesn't leak
or anything), in case anyone is wondering aye this is the sign of a Java
programmer (these whole pointer initialization and destruction generally
make sense, but at times it just seems odd that things like this happen (and
the message returned didn't SEEM to say what had been done wrong)...ah well,
live and learn :)

"David Wilkinson" <no-reply@effisols.com> wrote in message
> Arlis Rose wrote:
>
>> Okay actually I am trying to write a DLL which my MFC dialog imports, but
>> for some reason I cannot get something really simple done.  Basically all
>> I want to be able to do is copy a string that is given to a function, and
>> then return it to the user unchanged (as within my program I modified the
>> two strings which are given as parameters).
>> What is weird is simply that I CANNOT delete a char * which I created
>> using NEW???
>> Here is what I am trying to do....
>> I have char * tempString;  //define in my .h file for the DLL.
>>
>> in the method
>> void ChangeString(char * a, char * b)
>> {
>>     tempString = new char[strlen(a)];
>>     strcpy(tempString, a);
>> //do some things to modify a here;
>>     strcpy(a, tempString);
>>     delete [] tempString;
>> }
>> Now this always crashes at the delete [] tempString line...and I don't
>> (unfortunately) have a clue why
>
> Maybe
>
> tempString = new char[strlen(a)+1];
>
> Also, why do you need tempstring at all? Why don't you just modify a if
> that is what you want to do? And what is b?
>
> I suspect that this code is not actually what you have in your DLL.
>
> HTH,
>
> David Wilkinson

0
Arlis

using the CListView
I decided to not try to use the CListCtrl directly in the splitter pane, but instead go with CListView. As I understand it, CListView is something of a container for CListCtrl. But I am unsure as to how this works. Do I need to add CListCtrl objects to the CView? If so, how do I do this? What methods do I need to override, etc.? Thanks, Chris "Chris" <ijkdc@spamhater.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eOpgIc0oEHA.3460@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I decided to not try to use the CListCtrl directly in the splitter pane, but > instead go with CListView. As I underst...

I'm well aware this is heresy...
But I've just discovered why D.A. loves PagePlus - in many respects it *IS* superior. Now, if only I had a printer to print my experiments on... Any recommendations for a �1000 ($1800) colour laser? -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ On Wed, 4 May 2005 15:18:59 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote: >But I've just discovered why D.A. loves PagePlus - in many respects it *IS* >superior. Now, if only I had a printer to print my experiments on... Any >recommendations for a �1000 ($1800) colour laser? It's not...

MFC/ATL 7.0
Hey all, I finally just upgraded to VS2003.NET, and I want to take advantage of this new MFC/ATL version. Where can I get the documentation for the latest version of MFC/ATL? Thanks, Joey Try this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnnews/2001/sept/vcnet/vcnet.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "icypyro" <icypyro@icynet.net> wrote in message news:gJoKb.216912$Eq1.47268@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com... | Hey all, | | I finally just upgraded to VS2003.NET, and I want to take advantage of this | new MFC/ATL version. Where can I get the documentation for the latest | ver...

Deleting Rows Automatically using a Text File List
I have a text file list of .jpg files that I want to delete (rows) from Excel. The list has 800+ items in it. Deleting these rows one at a time in Excel (after doing a "find") is terribly time consuming. Does anyone know how to make Excel read my text file and delete the rows with that filename in it (automatically). The filename (listed in the text file) is in a column (in my excel sheet) called "filename". Any help would be most appreciated!!! Seriously! I may have to spend hours on this otherwise! Thank you, Arielle -- mirdonamy ------------------------------...

Any point to use BufferedStream when we have internalbuffer
Hi! I know about the dispose pattern so you don't have to remaind me about that. In this small code snipped(marked Ex1) an internal buffer(exist by default) is used to store the data and when we do a flush or when the internal buffer is full the data is forced to to underlaying stream. Now to my question is it any point to use BufferedStream(Ex2) when you write to a FileStream. I mean we always have an internal buffer by default and this internal buffer is probably large enought most of the times ? Ex1 FileStream fs = new FileStream("Test.txt",FileMode.Create)...

Re: Using sheetname variable in a formula
Hello. Suppose a cell (say A1) contains the name of a valid worksheet (sa Sheet1, Sheet2, and Sheet3). I would like to use the *contents* of cell A1 in my formula to get a data on that sheet. Something like: =*SheetNameStoredInCellA1*!A23 I know *=Sheet2!A23* is valid but when I try =A1!A23, that does not work Hope someone can help -- mm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1653 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31386 Hi look at the f...

Wells Fargo
Just tried to setup my Wells Fargo online services in Money. Money says that a 4 character PIN is required and rejects any passwords longer than 4 characters. My password is 5 characters long, and Wells Fargo will not allow passwords less than 5 characters. So basically, this is a catch-22. Any work arounds? "swalker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1d3101c4a2a6$8dcb7a90$a301280a@phx.gbl: > Just tried to setup my Wells Fargo online services in > Money. Money says that a 4 character PIN is required and > rejects any passwords longer than 4 ...

EPS2003 or later
Does anyone have any experience with using MS Project (Server/Enterprise) with SCRUM project mgmt? over time our processes are moving more and more to SCRUM style and not sure how to best utilize the features of MS Project to adapt to the ever moving iterative processes.. Any thoughts on this topic would be most appreciated. thanks, Jackie I'm sure that there are a tonne of scrum add-ins out there, but I simply added custom task fields around the number of scrum items required and achieved during a period, and used this as a measure. I guess it depends on what you are me...

MFC DLLs in Windows CE 6.0?
Hi: MFC dlls was no longer part of Windows CE 6.0 platform builder, so MFC App have to use static library. If we still want to use MFC DLLs, where they are? Thanks On Jan 6, 10:03=A0am, ydlu <yudian...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi: > > MFC dlls was no longer part of Windows CE 6.0 platform builder, so MFC > App have to use static library. If we still want to use MFC DLLs, > where they are? > > Thanks I got it. the MFC dlls under: $(BINDIR)\$(ARCHFAM) directory. Thanks ...

Outlook used by other programs
I get a pop up box from Outlook that says another program is trying to access outlook, could be a virus. Do you want to allow the program to continue? I choose yes and nothing happens, pop up box reappears right away. You can check a box and let the program access the outlook up to ten minutes. Is there a setting to bypass this? Thanks. "Shane" <12blue@whtrans.com> wrote in news:0c7701c39ef9$0f1beec0 $a301280a@phx.gbl: > I get a pop up box from Outlook that says another program > is trying to access outlook, could be a virus. Do you > want to allow the p...

Re-using Saved Imports from a button on a form
I used the wizard in Access 2007 to import a spreadsheet into a new table. From there I run code to manipulate the data and clean it up to enter into another table. After the import I was asked if I wanted to save the steps, I said yes. On the Ribbon bar, this is stored under Saved Imports. I would like to automate this import process. How do I set up a button to run the import? How do I edit the saved import if it isn't exactly what I want? How do I extract the code in the saved import so that I can use it for several different imported spreadsheets of the same structure, ...

How to use AdvancedFilter wildcard to match end of string?
Using AdvancedFilter, I would like to match fields whose text values END with a specific character. For example, I'd like *o to match 'hippo', 'banjo', but NOT 'support'. Currently, when I apply the *o criterion, I get results that include all fields with an 'o' in any character position. Can someone please show me how to restrict the match to the end of the string only? One caveat: I imagine this may require use of a formula criterion, rather than the more simple form using column headings in the criteria range. But if it's possible to accomplish this...

EXACT function #2
Can you use the EXACT function on a range? The help says you can, but I have been unable to get it working. A1="burt" B1="burt" =Exact(A1,B1) = true HOWEVER.... A1="burt" B1="ernie" B2="big bird" B3="burt" {=Exact(A1,B1:B3)} = false Whats up with that? -- chrisrowe_cr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chrisrowe_cr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25220 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390163 Try this...

static functions in MFC classes
I have a bunch of static API functions I would like to use in my MFC app. So far I haven't had any problem dumping them right into my .cpp files. Is there a preferred method of their use? Any guidance on this will be greatly appreciated. Steve, A very general advice: If you are going to use them in several apps, try to see if it easy to move them. If this is not the case, you might want to rearrange their organization :-). You might also want to consider to put them in a static lib, to really simplify use. Other than that, I must admit that I don't fully understand what you mean w...

MFC and RequestPowerNotifications
Hi I've been trying to use RequestPowerNotifications which depends on the existence of a message queue. MFC uses message maps. Do message maps hide a message queue I can use to pass to RequestPowerNotifications? "joaommp" <joao.paredes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191231885.826457.231540@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I've been trying to use RequestPowerNotifications which depends on the > existence of a message queue. MFC uses message maps. Do message maps > hide a message queue I can use to pass to RequestPowerNotifications? > No,...

Display Alerts property in MFC
Hi, I am writing an Excel automation program using C++ and MFC. I am setting several properties for the Application class and most are working. However, the DisplayAlerts property is giving me an error. If I step through in the debugger, it works fine. But when I run it, I get the message "Unable to set the Display Alerts property of the Application class". Any ideas??? Here is a code snipet: //Then get the worksheet's application. app = wb.GetApplication(); app.SetDisplayFormulaBar(FALSE); // Works Fine app.SetDisplayAlerts(FALSE); //Gives error message T...

how to use sam9260's hardware ECC controller
Hi, All I try to use SAM9260's hardware ECC controller in the nandflash driver of my CE5.0 system. The Nandflash I used is large sector, K9F2G08U0A. The problem is that if ECC_MR is set to 2112(page size), the NK is failed on booting. The Nandflash driver is working OK without ECC. Please let me know if any ECC programming code is available. Thanks very much! BR Cheng Shi Emtronix On Jun 21, 7:33=A0am, "x10" <x...@emtronix.com> wrote: > I try to use SAM9260's hardware ECC controller in the nandflash driver of= my > CE5.0 system. ...

Bug fixed?
Hi! Visual Studio .NET MFC Applications May Not Run on Windows NT 4.0 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;325014 Our beta testers who use Win 98 gets this message: "Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version File OLEACC.dll, error 1157" due to the bug above. I can't find a service pack for C++.NET 2002. Has Microsoft released a new service pack? Thanks, Simon Try to add OLEACC.DLL to a list of delay-loaded DLL in the linker settings. "Simon" <simon.bjorklund@no_junk_.frontbase.fi> wrote in message news:408bf1bc$1@...

Using a different template then Normal.dot
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Microsoft Word 2003 as my email editor. I know that Outlook uses normal.dot as the template for creating a new email. However, I would like the template I use for sending emails to be different then the template I use when I open up Word to produce a document. Is there some way to have 2 different versions of the Normal.dot...one for Outlook to use and one for Word to use? If not, is there some other way to achieve what I want? -Brian No... and no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All ...

Get Work Hours using SDK
Hi, I am trying to get the Start Time and End time from work hours of a system user using SDK. Anyone know how to do that? thanks, H ...

Converting MFC application to a second language
After a lot of MFC programming, it looks like one of my apps needs to be converted from English to other languages (Spanish and French). This will be a first for me, so I'd appreciate some advice from those who have been there before. I did think about internationalization when I wrote the app. There are no hard coded strings. All strings seen by the user are in the string table, including every word shown on the dialogs. I tried to leave plenty of room on my gui for longer strings, so I'm hoping I'll not have too many layout problems. I know that I have to have an alternate ...

Online Updates/Statements not working well
I have about 7 Banks/cc/401s that can download transactions. I have been using MS Money since its inception and have never had this many "MS money cannot update your account". I would say 50% of the time MS money cannot download the info. Mind you these are the same accounts I used with 2004 and never had problems. Between all of the online frustrations, the continuous redownloads of transactions (all of the MS money work arounds are pathetic), and MS money entering sells before buys in my ameritrade account.... it's getting time to look at quicken or even an abacus....

Wells Fargo Password
So I am fairly new to MS Money and am trying to setup my Wells Fargo Chacking with Money. Money says my password to my WF acct can only be 4 digits but WF says it has to be 5 - 16 character long. What gives? =?Utf-8?B?Z3Jhdml0eWZlZA==?= <gravityfed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 10 Apr 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > So I am fairly new to MS Money and am trying to setup my Wells Fargo > Chacking with Money. Money says my password to my WF acct can only > be 4 digits but WF says it has to be 5 - 16 character long. What > gives? Call the Wells Fargo tech...

Use values from a form as criteria in a DSum
Hello All, I have a report in which the end user selects a single person or multiple people from a form and then I store their selection(s) in a temp table (ttmp_Prn_Isu). I have a report that uses this temp table as its datasource so that I can sort and group it properly. All the fields are populated via DSum function because the final report resembles a crosstab report that may contain rows with no data and yet the rows still need to be seen. My difficulty is in referencing the personID stored in the temp table ([ttmp_Prn_Isu].[IsuNm]) as criteria in my DSum function. I also have...

Exch 2003, able to use Send As or Send on Behalf in public folders OWA ??
we have users at various divisions/sites that were thinking of having them use OWA only but will need to "Send as or Send on behalf of" in OWA for public folders. is that possible ?? if not anyone have a "workaround " ?? thanks gang ! On 13 Feb 2007 07:28:49 -0800, "Biglou" <louiem@gmail.com> wrote: >we have users at various divisions/sites that were thinking of having >them use OWA only >but will need to "Send as or Send on behalf of" in OWA for public >folders. >is that possible ?? > >if not anyone have a "workaround...