VS 2005

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone have problems installing MSDN for VS 2005.  I installed VS 2005
yesterday, then told it to install the documentation, but it wouldn't take
the MSDN for VS 2005 disk.  So I started the installation myself, by running
setup on MSDN disk.  But even then, when it asked for disk 2, I put it in,
but it wouldn't recognize it!

AliR.

0
AliR3470 (3235)
1/6/2006 4:04:52 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Looks like a bad CD/DVD.

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Did anyone have problems installing MSDN for VS 2005.  I installed VS 2005
> yesterday, then told it to install the documentation, but it wouldn't take
> the MSDN for VS 2005 disk.  So I started the installation myself, by
> running
> setup on MSDN disk.  But even then, when it asked for disk 2, I put it in,
> but it wouldn't recognize it!
>
> AliR.

0
nish (347)
1/6/2006 4:14:13 PM
It can be.  But it's still kinda odd that the Visual Studio Setup didn't
recognize MSDN CD 1 but then I could run the setup myself from the CD.  And
that I can open CD 2 in Explorer and look at it, but MSDN setup doesn't
recognize the CD.

Maybe I should download the CDs.

AliR.

"Nishant Sivakumar" <nish@nospam.asianetindia.com> wrote in message
> Looks like a bad CD/DVD.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nish [VC++ MVP]
>

> "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > Did anyone have problems installing MSDN for VS 2005.  I installed VS
2005
> > yesterday, then told it to install the documentation, but it wouldn't
take
> > the MSDN for VS 2005 disk.  So I started the installation myself, by
> > running
> > setup on MSDN disk.  But even then, when it asked for disk 2, I put it
in,
> > but it wouldn't recognize it!
> >
> > AliR.

0
AliR3470 (3235)
1/6/2006 5:16:18 PM
Hi AliR,
Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup!

Based on my experience, it may be your MSDN Disk(For example MSDN 2005 Oct)
mismatch for VS2005. VS 2005 couldn't recognize this version of MSDN and it
should be installed separately.

I hope the above information is useful for you. If you have any questions,
please feel free to join the community and we are here to support you at
your convenience. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Terry Fei [MSFT]
Microsoft Community Support
Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

0
v-terryf (64)
1/9/2006 5:49:49 AM
Hi AliR,
Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup!

The Visual Studio 2005 installation requires the MSDN version is MSDN for
Visual Studio 2005, not a self-alone MSDN version (e.g. MSDN 2005 Oct), so
which's MSDN product do you used with the VS2005 setup installation?

By the way, the MSDN for Visual Studio 2005 would be included in your
VS2005 product DVD.

I hope the above information is useful for you. If you have any questions,
please feel free to join the community and we are here to support you at
your convenience. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Terry Fei [MSFT]
Microsoft Community Support
Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

0
v-terryf (64)

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

Money 2005 Deluxe in Raleigh
Found a copy in the Best Buy in Raleigh, NC. Loaded it up and converted my 2004 data. Process seemed to go ok. Here's some initial impressions... 1. Slower... I kept task manager up and saw 100% CPU quite often. 2004 wasn't a speed deamon, but it was better than 2005 so far. 2. Etrade... apparently, it tried to match up my 2 accounts with those online and failed since 2004 has a bunch of 'X's as the first couple of digits in the account numbers. This caused 2005 to think that the accounts are different. So I ended up with 2 copies of the same account. The help indicated...

Analysis cubes with excel sql 2005 issues
The documentation on this is very poor. So I installed the product for the demo company TWO on GP 9 SP2. 1. To load the data from Great Plains to data warehouse, I am able to run the package from visual studio and the data populates the data warehouse. However, when I create a job, the job fails. Can you guide me into how to create a job for this? 2. I was able to load the cubes by running the package through visual studio. However, I dont know how to view these cubes and assign security to them. What is the way to do this in SQL 2005. 3. Thereafter I went to Great Plains and provide...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

Money 2005 Can Be Updated Externally
I don't know if this will add confusion or be of help to some, but FWIW, the recent Money 2005 update (not the 2004 to 2005 upgrade) was downloaded and installed when I visited MoneyCentral.MSN.com, as I regularly do for news, fyi, etc. on specific investments we hold. Apparently, the Web pages now share so much code (e.g. ActiveX Controls) with Money (msmoney.exe) that updating one inherently updates the other. Of course, I still had to go through the file conversion process the next time I opened each of our Money files. For anyone experiencing problems completing the update (software ...

Budget vs. Cash Flow
Hi, Thanks for taking time to review my question (and it might be a stupid one). I'm using (just installed for the first time) MS Money 2004 Premium. It seems Budget and Cash Flow are duking it out, and Cash Flow is winning. What I mean is to ask is, is it possible to create a budget that balances out fine according to one's income, yet Cash Flow shows that the sum of flow will gradually go farther and farther into the red every month? Or, is it that the Cash Flow is independant, and I have to tell it that everything is going to be alright? Btw, I've already setup reoccuring deposi...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...

new 2005 money install only freezes
I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went from 2004 to 2005 but within 5 seconds it always freezes. It sounds like Microsoft does not really want to support this product??? Why?? This is the small business edition and I thought they would support their products. In microsoft.public.money, Shawn wrote: >I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the >serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went >from 2004 ...

2005 Accounts
I am using 2004. When I install 2005, it downloads all my accounts at my bank. How doIi stop it from using all of the accounts. This distorts all the reports. Of the 9 accounts I only want 4 of them in money. 2004 was great, but 2005 is a headach so far. I found that MBNA would even donwnload closed accounts. You might try listing the accounts you don't want as closed. I know that will hide them from the screen, but I don't know if it will hide them from reports. Jonathan On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:59:03 -0700, "Mykel" <Mykel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

Print Preview
Hi, I had posted this earlier. But no answer. I wish to request for help again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently just tried to upgrade a VC++6.0 app to a VC++7.1 version (ie. Net). I found one difference in the Print Preview. In 6.0, the print preview fills up the whole app, i.e it fills up the MDI main frame window. But when I ported my app to 7.1, it fills up the MDI Child frame instead. Now I did a search and it seemst hat microsoft has been changing this behavior back and forth since V4.x onwards. I al...

2003 vs previous version
Hi, I use MSNStockQuote functions in 2002 version. Now, it seems no longer exists in 2003. I can use the smart tags, but it works entirely differently. Wonder if anyone knows if I am missing something or MS does it again, like the new ASP.net does not back support ASP...! -- thanks in advance for your input, EM I don't have 2003 but it might help to do a windows find on *iqy to see where they are in 2002 and in 2003. Copy over or download? I really don't know if this will help but it's what I would try. BTW, I use Yahoo and download quotes with an query instead of the iq...

Money 2005 Problems #2
It amazes me that people are having so many problems with Money 2005. I installed Money 2005 some months ago after using 2004 and have never had a problem of any kind at all. I have even had to do a complete reinstal and still no problems. I am not a computer genius, just an ordinary pc user. If, for example, there exist one million users of Microsoft Money 2005 and only one percent experience problems, then you'll find ten-thousand individuals on this forum discussing difficulties. The remaining 99 percent are unlikely to post success stories. I upgraded from Money 2004 Premi...

CRM 3.0 Units vs Teams vs Territories Which to Use
We recently certified on CRM 3.0 and now have a major debate going on as to what should be defined as a Business Unit, Territory or Team or even Site. For example, we have two offices: east (also Head Office) and west. We have a large sales group in the East office and groups of service staff: consulting, professional, technical, infrastructure, training as wel as Coporate (Finance,HR, Admin). We are a major IT Reseller and service provider. It has been suggested that teams should be more temporary or smaller sections of units. Any advice on what should be a business unit: just...

CRM 3 SBE vs PRo version?
Hi, where I can find a simple sheet which compare these 2 versions? the small business edition is flagged to be easier to install... but what else??? thanks. Jerome. Functionally they are virtually similar. The only real functional difference is that SBE takes advantage of the built-in SBS fax capabilities. SBE is also limited on user count. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "J�j�" <willgart@BBBhotmailAAA.com> wrote in message news:urxYyhx6FHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Hi, where I can find a simple sheet which compare these 2 versions? the small business editio...

Calculation
I don't fully understand how Excel's manual vs automatic setting works. We work with large formula-intensive spreadsheets, and NEVER want the setting to be automatic. What I have figured out is that if I crash, the setting resets to automatic. And, if I save a spreadsheet with Manual setting, it stays Manual next time I open it, unless Excel is already open with Calc = automatic. Is this right? But my key question: Is there any way to ensure that Excel remains calculation=manual at all times when a file is opened? If nothing else, can we add a piece of code to our template...

VS Tools
At the PO customization screen, i had added new button using 'modify current window'. How i can access this button event through VS tools? I had re-generate the dictionary assembly, but i still cannot find the object i created in the visual studio .net. You're on the right track. Here are few things you need to verify. 1) When you used DAG.exe to create your application assembly for the modified dictionary, be sure that you used the /F flag. That tells DAG to create an assembly for the forms dictionary. 2) You'll see that the assembly created has the ModifiedForms tack...

static numbers vs formulas
Hello, I have what I am sure is a very basic question but I am clueless. Can someone explain to me the difference between a static number vs formula/calculation? Does it mean the number is constant? How do I change a calculation into a static number? Thanks for any help -- mlk7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mlk72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1631 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27704 Hi a formula gets re-calculated if the refereced cells are changed. You can ...

Fantacy Baseball Draft 2005
Dear Excel Experts, Every year in our fantacy baseball league we use microsoft excel to keep track of our picks and to calculate salaries durring the actual draft. Usualy, our picks are anounced by the host by yelling it out after he has entered them into his excel sheet. Provided I can set up a wireless network and get everyones notebooks connected, I would like to be able to set it up so that the when the host updates his excel sheet, we all can view it and even edit our own copy. Does anyone here know how I can accomplish this? Thank you! Jason Can you use NetMeeting? Then...