VS 2005 resource problems

Very interesting discovery.

To corrupt resource file (assumes APS absent):
    1. Open project.
    2. Open resource from project.
        a. MS sees that an APS file is missing
        b. MS incorrectly constructs the APS file
        c. MS removes all languages except AFX_TARG_ENU
   3. Edit and Save the resorce using the MS editor
   4. All Languages removed.

To preserve resource file (assumes APS absent):
    1. Open resource from Windows explorer.
        a. MS sees that an APS file is missing
        b. MS correctly constructs the APS file
        c. MS preserves all languages.
   3. Edit and Save the resorce using the MS editor
   4. All Languages preserved.

http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer/browse_thread/thread/a83300a1dde976c5/fd505e134add439a?lnk=st&q=convert+.rc+to+vs2005&rnum=3&hl=fr#fd505e134add439a

There is a way to fix this permanently ?

Is it a bug ?

thank's

Marc

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

Analysis cubes with excel sql 2005 issues
The documentation on this is very poor. So I installed the product for the demo company TWO on GP 9 SP2. 1. To load the data from Great Plains to data warehouse, I am able to run the package from visual studio and the data populates the data warehouse. However, when I create a job, the job fails. Can you guide me into how to create a job for this? 2. I was able to load the cubes by running the package through visual studio. However, I dont know how to view these cubes and assign security to them. What is the way to do this in SQL 2005. 3. Thereafter I went to Great Plains and provide...

Complex Query Problem
I have a database with a number of fields Program, LTV, Amount, Price, Rate, Fee. Each row has the same Program, a given list of LTV's, Amounts and Prices. I want to retrieve only the lowest Rate and Fee at each give each program, ltv and amount. I used an update table query but it is inconsistant in returning the lowest rate and fee even though the table from which i am selecting is sort correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Try using a Totals query with Group By as the Total criteria in every field but either Rate or Fee and Min in the Totals row of tha...

Money 2005 Deluxe in Raleigh
Found a copy in the Best Buy in Raleigh, NC. Loaded it up and converted my 2004 data. Process seemed to go ok. Here's some initial impressions... 1. Slower... I kept task manager up and saw 100% CPU quite often. 2004 wasn't a speed deamon, but it was better than 2005 so far. 2. Etrade... apparently, it tried to match up my 2 accounts with those online and failed since 2004 has a bunch of 'X's as the first couple of digits in the account numbers. This caused 2005 to think that the accounts are different. So I ended up with 2 copies of the same account. The help indicated...

Problem getting a form to open to a related record.
I have a button on a form called "MainForm" that when clicked I want to open another form which should show all "Rental" records relating to the location on the "MainForm" In my MainTable which is what the MainForm" is populated by I have a field called ListingID (which is also my keyfield and as such is an AutoNumber). In my "Rental" table I have a field called "PremID" which is a number field that I want to use to tie the records into the MainTable. (I will be using the same field name in other tables to link them to the MainTable...

Excel 97 to Excel 2000 Problems
HELP! We are just about to convert our users to Office 2000 from Office 97. One user, in finance, has several linked spreadsheets, which when opened in 97 are fine, yet when they are opened in 2000 come up with #REF errors in most of the cells, even when you choose not to update links, unless you have the Autocalculation off, in which case it is fine, until you hit F9. Is there a difference between the way 97 handles the update compared to the way 2000 handles it? If so, is there a switch or something we can invoke to prevent this happenening. Or finally, does anyone have ideas how...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

text wrap problem
I have a problem with wrapping text around a clip art picture. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! I used the same text and the same picture to test it out. I've just got it to work, but I need to know if this is a bug because I'm writing a text book. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers. Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using 2003. >-----Original Message----- >I have a problem with wrapping text around a clip art >picture. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! I >used the same text and the same picture to test it out. >I've just g...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

Problem with screen painting/refresh ???
I have a listbox and a button which can be used to extend its height and then reduce it back again. Underneath this listbox is another listbox. When I extend the height of the upper listbox, it extends but the lower listbox shows through it. I got around this by making the lower listbox invisible and then visible again. Now my problem is that even when I reduce the height of the upper listbox and make the lower one visible again, the entries in the lower listbox do not fully re-appear. I tried repainting the form but it has no effect. I'd like to avoid requerying the listbox if possi...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

Problem with Huge PST File
When I went to start up Outlook 2003, I got a message that my PST file was not closed properly last time. Outlook went through it's process. Now, my PST file is 823MB, even though when I do a folder size on it within outlook, it says the PST file shou be about 10MB. Does anyone have some suggestions? --Nicholas Are you checking the .pst file size from the root of your personal folders? If you search your hard drive for the .pst file, what does Windows report as the file size? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Sw...

Download statement problem #2
I have a problem with Money 2006 while attempting to download a statement for one of my visa credit cards - I click the link on the banks website and Money prompts with the standard "Import complete" dialog, but instead of opening the account so I can Accept and reconcile the transactions, it takes me to the Account List screen, where it indicates 5 items to review from the statement. I click the account link to open the ledger but nothing happens. In the top-left corner it says "Item(s) to review: 5" but doesn't bold the entries and give my the opportunity to g...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

windows search problem....
Hello! I have strange problem with windows search engine... i have 100000 txt files and im looking for special phrase in few txt files i know that phrase exist but windows search give me no information - can`t find. But on the other computer on the same phrase and same files works good. I have reinstall windows search ... but problem still exist... how can i resolve it? regards - HE ...

Problem with IMF #2
We use MS Intelligent Message Filtering with Exchange2003. It works fine, except that one important message is blocked by it even when it should come through. Is there any way to say to IMF that one message (from or to) will not be processed by IMF ? ...

Crystal Report viewer problem in 1.2
We ran into an error message when trying to view any report "Information is needed before this report can be processed". This just after upgrade from Windows 2000 + CRM 1.0 to Windows 2003 + CRM 1.2. According to one tech kb note, we checked and has the "Everyone" and the CRM server in the "Pre-Windows 2000 compaible" account... Anyone know what could be the problem here? Thanks Any luck resolving this? I just ran across this too... ...

Organize Problem
One feature with Organize is to be able to selectively pick a sender and have all the emails that come in from the sender in a specific color (for example, all emails from your boss could come in red). Unfortunately for everyone I've talked to in my company, this does not work correctly. If you select a message from your boss, let's say "Mike Smith", every message from ANY Mike will come in red. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks! Try editing the Automatic Formatting rules directly and you'll be able to specify an e-mail address instead of a ...

not enough resources
I have code that does the following: Refreshes 730 X 26 cells from an external data source for the first item in a list Copies the refreshed cells to a new workbook removes rows for items that have no data for the item. do while <> end of list Refreshes the cells for the next item on the list. 730 X26 copies and pastes the cells of the refeshed data under the last set of data pasted. removes rows for the item that have no data Refresh the next item on the list end while I have 5000 items. I estimated the new workbook will contain a sheet with 10,000 rows due t...

Database Export Wizard Problem
Hi! I am trying to link a shape in an existing drawing to data base, i.e. an Excel File. I do: Tools->Add Ons->Viso Extras->Database Wizard Next Select "Link shapes to database records" Next Select "Shape(s) in a drawing" Next Select a Shape Next Select "Excel Files" Next Select an Excel File Now, I get a box in which I am forced to choose a "table". But the selection list shown is empty. When I try to create a "table" (whereas it is unclear how the field I define relate to the shape I am going to link to the external DB), I get...

Problems deleting email addresses from address book
I use Windows Mail and I have tried by several of the usual ways to delete individual entries but every time an error message comes up with "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and not possible. Last time the only way I could do it was to delete the address book and so when I started Windows mail it started a new one. I had to re-input the data which was a ruddy nuisance. Any ideas of what I could try next? Where did you try to delete them? Inside of Windows Mail? Try going to Windows Explorer to the Contacts folder and delete there, see if there is any diff...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

Business Portal Query Problems
I installed Business Portal for a client some time last fall. Since that time, the site has not been used, but I know when I installed it, it worked fine. As of today, I can't seem to get anything to load correctly. For example, I go to the vendor list, and it says "Query found no results." I know that there are vendors. We have the Human Resources Self Service Suite installed, and I can see the employees, but when I click to see pay informaiton, I receive the message "Query found no results." Can you give me an idea of where to start to troubleshoot this is...

How to grant Internet access t oXP workgroup sharing domain resources?
I understand that SBS 2008 default is Internet access only for domain member workstations. Am I wrong? But how is the best solution to integrate local windows XP workstations with single domain controller SBS2008 with DHCP/DNS role, still providing internet access for worksations? Workstations are planned to join to domain later but today not all PC fill minimum hardware/software requirement and therefore joining domain has to be postponed. Also migrating existing workgroup/workstation profiles may cause unexpected problems. Thanks! This is a multi-part message in MI...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...