VS 2005 beta question

All,

I need to complie some code.  I am going from 16bit to 64 bit.  The job do
not want to spend the money on VS 2005.net.  If I compile the code with the
beta version or trial version of VS 2005.NET will it time bomb on me?

Thanks in advance

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The code won't, but eventually the compiler will stop working.  Don't know
if the trial will support 64 bit though.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Tom

"karibbean" <sharp_mind@REMOVE.this.email.msn.dotcom> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I need to complie some code.  I am going from 16bit to 64 bit.  The job do
> not want to spend the money on VS 2005.net.  If I compile the code with
> the beta version or trial version of VS 2005.NET will it time bomb on me?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
tserface (3860)
1/9/2006 10:50:00 PM
You will need to move to VS2005. I recall express editions to be free
for some time. I am not sure if those have the features you are looking
for. Worth a try.

--------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

karibbean wrote:
> All,
>
> I need to complie some code.  I am going from 16bit to 64 bit.  The job do
> not want to spend the money on VS 2005.net.  If I compile the code with the
> beta version or trial version of VS 2005.NET will it time bomb on me?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

Analysis cubes with excel sql 2005 issues
The documentation on this is very poor. So I installed the product for the demo company TWO on GP 9 SP2. 1. To load the data from Great Plains to data warehouse, I am able to run the package from visual studio and the data populates the data warehouse. However, when I create a job, the job fails. Can you guide me into how to create a job for this? 2. I was able to load the cubes by running the package through visual studio. However, I dont know how to view these cubes and assign security to them. What is the way to do this in SQL 2005. 3. Thereafter I went to Great Plains and provide...

Fiscal Year Set Up Question
We would like to change our fiscal year from 12/31 to 6/30. Specifically, we are now in December, the end of our 2006 year. We want to be able to end 2006 on 12/31, but start 2007 on 1/1, and end it on 6/30. Can we just create the 2007 fiscal periods with 6 periods ending on 6/30? And what are the ramifications if, come June 2007, we needed to continue on with a 12/31 year-end... Could we just "extend" 2007 for 6 more periods? Or would we be locked in to those 6 periods? Or... looking at it the other way, what if we set up 2007 with 12 periods, then come, say March, decided that...

Money 2005 Deluxe in Raleigh
Found a copy in the Best Buy in Raleigh, NC. Loaded it up and converted my 2004 data. Process seemed to go ok. Here's some initial impressions... 1. Slower... I kept task manager up and saw 100% CPU quite often. 2004 wasn't a speed deamon, but it was better than 2005 so far. 2. Etrade... apparently, it tried to match up my 2 accounts with those online and failed since 2004 has a bunch of 'X's as the first couple of digits in the account numbers. This caused 2005 to think that the accounts are different. So I ended up with 2 copies of the same account. The help indicated...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

Catagory Question Please
I would like to use my Outlook 2003 for repeating reminders. The instructions say I should use an appointment rather than a task to accomplish this. My question is, can I set the appointment to a certain category and then tell Outlook not to display that category as I don't want it to show in the regular monthly view? (Of course I want it display at the appropriate time) (Did that make sense?) Bob "Bob Newman" <bob.newman@cox.net> wrote in news:mJlFd.15545$B95.10784@lakeread02: > I would like to use my Outlook 2003 for repeating reminders. The > instructions...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

Formatting Question
Hello, Is it possible in Excel 2003 to "freeze" the formatting so even if I copy text with different formatting and paste it into Excel the pasted text will take on the formatting of the other text in Excel instead of changing? Is this possible? Thank you in advance! Make use of Paste Special Option. After copying the different formatting text go to the cell where do you want to paste the values without formatting. Do Right Click>>Paste Special (Paste Special will get enabled after doing copy command)>>Select VALUES option Button and give ok. Now the ...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

Simple Question
I have a set of 20000 numbers , some of which are in one form, some in the other. How do I convert a number - like 3, to 003? Thanks, Jim Berglund Select all the cells; use menu command Format| Format Cells -> Custom Format and specify 000 as the format best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jim Berglund" <jazzzbo@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:D43_h.153712$DE1.42938@pd7urf2no... > > I have a set of 20000 numbers , some of which are in one form, some in the > other. > > How do I convert a number - lik...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

Tracking home improvements, and depreciation question
I'm going to replace the windows in my home which I own, and not all at once. I have an asset account set up for the house that is tied to a mortgage account. How do I keep track of the appreciation of the house due to improvements? 1. Should the value increase by the total cost of window replacement or the market value of the improvement (market value percentages of common improvements can be found on the Internet)? 2. Is the cost of installation also included in the appreciation amount? I know the answer is probably 'no', but how do I account for the installation c...

Quick SQL Question
If "Select salary from Employee" returns the following: 120000 70000 95000 How can I get the numbers to line up RIGHT JUSTIFIED? You can't format the results of a query without exporting them and using some other application. File | Export... Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Luminox" wrote: > If "Select salary from Employee" returns the following: > 120000 > 70000 > 95000 > > How can I get the numbers to line up RIGHT JUSTIFIED? Try this one select right(replicate(' ', 12) + salary,...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...

Money 2005 Can Be Updated Externally
I don't know if this will add confusion or be of help to some, but FWIW, the recent Money 2005 update (not the 2004 to 2005 upgrade) was downloaded and installed when I visited MoneyCentral.MSN.com, as I regularly do for news, fyi, etc. on specific investments we hold. Apparently, the Web pages now share so much code (e.g. ActiveX Controls) with Money (msmoney.exe) that updating one inherently updates the other. Of course, I still had to go through the file conversion process the next time I opened each of our Money files. For anyone experiencing problems completing the update (software ...

How can I send picture of my question to this newsgroup
How can I send picture of my question to this newsgroup? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer Osaka, Japan Can you post a link to it? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm "Khoshravan" <khoshravan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:474609DF-F0B4-43D8-A22F-C98D3E52601F@microsoft.com... > How can I send picture of my question...

new 2005 money install only freezes
I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went from 2004 to 2005 but within 5 seconds it always freezes. It sounds like Microsoft does not really want to support this product??? Why?? This is the small business edition and I thought they would support their products. In microsoft.public.money, Shawn wrote: >I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the >serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went >from 2004 ...

Budget vs. Cash Flow
Hi, Thanks for taking time to review my question (and it might be a stupid one). I'm using (just installed for the first time) MS Money 2004 Premium. It seems Budget and Cash Flow are duking it out, and Cash Flow is winning. What I mean is to ask is, is it possible to create a budget that balances out fine according to one's income, yet Cash Flow shows that the sum of flow will gradually go farther and farther into the red every month? Or, is it that the Cash Flow is independant, and I have to tell it that everything is going to be alright? Btw, I've already setup reoccuring deposi...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...

2005 Accounts
I am using 2004. When I install 2005, it downloads all my accounts at my bank. How doIi stop it from using all of the accounts. This distorts all the reports. Of the 9 accounts I only want 4 of them in money. 2004 was great, but 2005 is a headach so far. I found that MBNA would even donwnload closed accounts. You might try listing the accounts you don't want as closed. I know that will hide them from the screen, but I don't know if it will hide them from reports. Jonathan On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:59:03 -0700, "Mykel" <Mykel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

Print Preview
Hi, I had posted this earlier. But no answer. I wish to request for help again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently just tried to upgrade a VC++6.0 app to a VC++7.1 version (ie. Net). I found one difference in the Print Preview. In 6.0, the print preview fills up the whole app, i.e it fills up the MDI main frame window. But when I ported my app to 7.1, it fills up the MDI Child frame instead. Now I did a search and it seemst hat microsoft has been changing this behavior back and forth since V4.x onwards. I al...

Outlook 2003
Here is what I found in this newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=054201c3dc47%2449db1870%24a001280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=12&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Doutlook%2Bsubject%2Bsorting%2Bgroup:microsoft.public.outlook.*%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26group%3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook.*%26scoring%3Dd%26selm%3D054201c3dc47%252449db1870%2524a001280a%2540phx.gbl%26rnum%3D12 " This is the message I received from the user: (it is set up as default view). I am having a problem with Outlook and sorting messages. When I...