Visual Studio 8.

I currently use Visual C++ Version 6.

Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8?

Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8?
0
TonyG2127 (95)
2/6/2008 7:47:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

TonyG wrote:
> I currently use Visual C++ Version 6.
>
> Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8?

Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9
is released.  :-)

> Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8?

Yes.

Bo Persson

0
bop (114)
2/6/2008 8:47:54 PM
Yes and yes.  No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion.

Tom

"TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message
>I currently use Visual C++ Version 6.
>
> Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8?
>
> Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8?

0
tom.nospam (3240)
2/6/2008 8:48:07 PM
Oops, I thought OP meant VS 2008.  That's what I meant OP should get.  I get
confused with all the cross versioning they do.

Tom

"Bo Persson" <bop@gmb.dk> wrote in message
> TonyG wrote:
>> I currently use Visual C++ Version 6.
>>
>> Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8?
>
> Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is
> released.  :-)
>

>> Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8?
>
> Yes.
>

> Bo Persson

0
tom.nospam (3240)
2/6/2008 11:37:38 PM
Go to VS2008, which is the latest version. AFAIK, you can upgrade from VC6.

---
Ajay

"TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message
>I currently use Visual C++ Version 6.
>
> Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8?
>
> Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/7/2008 1:55:16 AM
"TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message
>I currently use Visual C++ Version 6.
>
> Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8?
>
> Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8?

If you do any XML work with schemas, you may consider going to VS2005 and
skipping VS2008 right now.  The VS2008 team removed the XML schema designer
(something I use a lot) and replaced it with something that's on par with
notepad...

The added bonus is that VS2005 books are bound to be clearenced soon and you
may even be able to find a cheap copy of the software.

-Pete

xml utf-8 String to XPathDocument
Hi; I have a string that is an xml file. It starts with <?xml encoding='utf-8'... and it has the utf-8 2-byte sequences as 2 chars. How do I get that into an XPathDocument where the 2-char sequences are not treated as 2 characters? -- thanks - dave Hi dave, You don't need to care about the encoding, just create an XPathDocment object with the filename as the constructor's parameter. Or you can load the file into a stream and open the XPathDocument from the stream. Kevin Yu ======= "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

=?Utf-8?B?5LiL6LyJ5YWN6LK755qE5Y+N55eF5q+SIDgyNTY=?=
許多性能問題和安全性您的計算機造成惡意病毒,最好的辦法對付,這是得到承認和防病毒在計算機上安裝更新 殺毒軟件免費下載: http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/ 鏈接網站的內容: http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/ http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_617.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_8504.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_2183.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_3709.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_5872.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_7172.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post...

Microsoft Excel #8
I work with spreadsheets and consider myself fairly knowledgeable in working with Excel. There is a function that would make data entry much easier for me since I enter data by touch. For example, when I enter data on a spreadsheet and reach the end of the row then I'm ready to start at the next row in the first column. As of right now I am using my arrow keys to go down to the next row and go all the way over to the beginning of the next row. Most of the data that I enter are numbers so therefore I only use one hand 99.9% of the time. I would like to find out if there is a way of h...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Unable to debug clr procs on studio pro
When I attempt to debug aclr proc from a windows 2008 box that has studio 2008 pro I am able to deploy the proc. But I receive first a warning then an exception WARNING: Unable to determine if the windows firewall is blocking remote debugging. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. T-SQL execution ended without debugging. You may not have sufficient permissions to debug. Click Help for more information. I'm using Integrated auth in sql connections and am a domain admin on both of the servers. I see nothing in the logs on the sql box that is h...

conditional format #8
I want cell A1 to change to a green font if cell B1>0 and B2<=0 and B3="nw". All three conditions must be true before A1 turns to a green font. What would the conditional formula be? Regards, Gary =AND(B1>0,B2<=0,B3="nw") Regards, Alan. "Gary" <allge@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23HJCo9d4HHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I want cell A1 to change to a green font if cell B1>0 and B2<=0 and >B3="nw". All three conditions must be true before A1 turns to a green font. >What would the conditional formula be? > ...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold) #2
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...

eReq and Version 8
Hello, I plan to upgrade from Version 7.5 to Version 8 in a few weeks. We are currently running eReq and would like to continue using eReq until we can test the Business Portal replacement. Will eReq run with Version 8? Also, can anyone direct me to a whitepaper for moving eReq to another server (for testing)? Thanks, Mark ...

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Error #2
When I open Outlook 2000, the first time I ger the following error "RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE" It says this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. There are two of us on the outlook e-mail that we share. We have two profiles and sepaarate PAB & PST files. I get it the first time, and when I close it out, it will open on the second go around with no problem. When I open the other profile, I get it the first time I open it, the...

Visual Studio 8.
I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? TonyG wrote: > I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. > > Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is released. :-) > > Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? Yes. Bo Persson Yes and yes. No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message ne...

Images "sent to back" showing in Explorer Internet 8
Hi there, Publisher 2007: On each page I have a text box which is set "sent to back" and says "downloading". This is necessary for Internet Explorer 8 which is 'lumpy' in its download of my site. For the record Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox download images quickly and smoothly and all appears to work. Nothing is grouped. Any ideas as to why these text boxes are showing through the images using Explorer? Also, if anyone can tell me how to incorporate a more sophisticated 'downloading' animation that would be great. Thanks in advance, Soni...

Reloaded Ver.8 and Ver.9 and website .pub file
I need help, please. I created a website in the mid 80's using MSPublisher. I have continually upgraded my program, and the website using MSPub, and now I am running Ver. 8.10. I recently lost my hard drive; however, I have a good backup of my website .pub file. Unfortunately, after reloading Ver. 8.10 (and also using trying demo Ver. 9), MSPublisher will no longer read the website .pub file - it does however read and display my other .pub files. I keep getting an error window which says "The specified file cannot be identified as a supported type"; the file name is &q...

Excel 2007 #8
I am working on a two sheet workbook-- Sheet 1, labeled Jan-Dec, and Sheet 2, labeled Jul-Dec. I need to figure income on sheet 2 by multiplying cell F8 on sheet 2 by cell G22 on sheet 1 and cell F9 on sheet 2 by cell G23 on sheet 1, these are to be totalled together in cell G11. How do I create a formula to accomplish this? Nothing I have tried has worked -- shari The formula you want is ='Jul-Dec'!F8*'Jan-Dec'!G22+'Jul-Dec'!F9*'Jan-Dec'!G23 This is most easily in steps: 1) type = 2) click on the F8 on sheet 2 3) type * 4) click on cell G22 on sheet...

Great Plains Standard installation 8.0
On the test server we have installed the program and the data tables on the same server. When we go live, we intend to install the program on one server and the data on another. Will this be a problem? Is there anything in particular we need to do for this? How will license work. Will this be looking at Database server or the application server. What happens when I do upgrade or apply service pack. Please advice. Also, has someone run into this scenario. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the above scenarion. Thanks again By the sounds of what you describe you are simply ins...

visual aesthetics
does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a 'visual aesthetic' viewpoint. i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found very little on the finer points of aesthetics. ...

Delete Users Fails in Great Plains 8
Whenever I try and delete users in Great Plains 8, I get a SQL error, and the users are left in the SQL Server. The only way I can delete them is to turn off in SQL Options the Add/Delete Users from SQL, and then delete from both Great Plains and SQL Server manually. Anyone else have this problem? Hello did you update Great Plains with a service pack? If you did, then make sure that you have Performed Special Upgrade from Great Plains Utitlities. /timber\ On Nov 14, 5:04 am, "Jeffrey Foster" <jeff.fos...@westcoastturf.com> wrote: > Whenever I try and delete users...

Visual Studio SP1
Any ideas when it will be avaliable? why asking? Do u found any bugs? And which Visual Studio are you talking about? "JoeB" <joe____A_A_A_A_A_ANoSpamPleaseThankyou_@kybert.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:OmZecnJHEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Any ideas when it will be avaliable? > > > Im talking about VS.net 2003, i bought it a while ago and uninstalled it because its far too unusable. Im not using VS.net 2002 which is more stable, but still very buggy. joe "Dmitri Zhukov" <dimazhn@yandex.ru> wrote in message new...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgMjY1ODA=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

Trigger on RM00101 throws exception error in GP 8.0
I've added an AFTER UPDATE trigger to the RM00101 table (customer master) in a Great Plains 8.0 SQL Server 2000 DB. Upon a change to one of 21 fields (separated by "or"s), the trigger assigns field values to variables, constructs an update query, and executes the query on a table in a linked SQL Server 2005 DB. The trigger works fine when fired as a result of a direct field update made through Enterprise Manager. However, when the same update is made through the Great Plains GIU (customer card window), an exception error is thrown: "Unhandled database exception: A Sa...