Visual controls

    Where can I found and install more GUI controls for VC6? I need
something like TPanel in Borland (Delphi or C++ Builder) tools. I need to
make small blue rectangle around picture and WebBrowser control. Which GUI
control is the best for it? I've tried to use CStatic, but it is allways
showing in a front of WebBrowser control. :( How can I "sent it" to
background?

0
my.fake (136)
12/14/2004 1:44:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Petar,

CStatic would do fine. You'll have to be aware, however, that in MSVC++ 6.0,
the controls are created in the reverse order from the resource editor, so
you should place the static on top of the browser to get it below :-)

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> a �crit dans le message de

>     Where can I found and install more GUI controls for VC6? I need
> something like TPanel in Borland (Delphi or C++ Builder) tools. I need to
> make small blue rectangle around picture and WebBrowser control. Which GUI
> control is the best for it? I've tried to use CStatic, but it is allways
> showing in a front of WebBrowser control. :( How can I "sent it" to
> background?

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

File Dialog Explorer style + manipulate existing controls #3
First, thx for your replies on my first question. I ave another question: in my application I have an online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the languages German, English and French. Can i manipulate the buttons and labels of the modern file-open-dialog at runtime? I don't want to add new controls only manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this possible with the file dialog which uses explorer style? thx ...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Strange Active-X control problem
I was experimenting with the Active-X control "Calendar Control" and everything seemed to be fine on my Win2K development system. I tried executing the program on my WinXP desktop system and as soon as I invoked the dialog that includes the control I got the dreaded "XXX MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close down..." message. Okay, strike one. Perhaps it means that the control isn't registered on that system and I'd appreciate either confirmation or correction on this. BUT ... Then I also tried executing the program on my Win98SE system an...

how to pass a control pointer to a Single Doc/View with CFormView ?
All: I am using .NET 2005 MFC Single Doc/View framework with CFormView. I have a edit box in the CFormView dialog. In MyTestView.cpp, I need to pass this edit box pointer before I generate my other object. My question is: 1. Where is the good place to pass this edit box pointer? View constructor, or OnInitialUpdate() ? 2. How do I pass this pointer? I have tried to (CStatic*) this->GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT_BOX) that doesn't work. Thank you so much awu > 1. Where is the good place to pass this edit box pointer? View > constructor, or OnInitialUpdate() ? Constructor is a bad ch...

User controls for MS CRM
I'm looking for using the MS CRM grid into an own developed page. Anyone succeed in using the grid control of MS CRM itself? Or which addons are available for ms crm controls (3.0)? Thanks, ...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Dynamically-created edit control wrong size
In an MFC dialog, I have a static control (CStatic), a checkbox (CButton), and an edit control (CEdit). I am dynamically creating additional controls identical to these, which must match in size. I have accomplished most of this by code like (shown just for the edit control; static and checkbox are almost identical) CEdit newEdit,*pEdit; CRect oldRect,newRect; // Get the size and position of the existing edit box pEdit=(CEdit *)GetDlgItem(ID_OldEdit); pEdit->GetClientRect(&oldRect); ScreenToClient(&oldRect); // adjust coords to relative to dialog, as rq for CreateEx // Positio...

list control #6
how can i delete an item from a list control > how can i delete an item from a list control CListCtrl::DeleteItem. Heres the link. Sample code is at the bottom: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/84fyba4z.aspx --- Ajay This should help you as well: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zdff988k.aspx Tom "dspman" <dspman@dspman.com> wrote in message news:%23kH3mlCpGHA.4812@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > how can i delete an item from a list control > i tried sth like this but is not working void CSpeedDial::OnSpeedDelete() { POSITION pos = m_speed...

Q about Virtual list controls
need help on virtual list control, I came across this problem when I'm writing a listcontrol which item's "lparam" property frequently changes. when using LVN_GETDISPINFO notify i can never get a hold with item that has LVIF_PARAM specified begin to think whether this flag will eventually be set anyway. THE MSDN HELP ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio.v80.en/dv_vclib/html/319f841f-e426-423a-8276-d93f965b0b45.htm do anyone has a clue?? thanks Hi Simon, I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you are using a virtual list your &quo...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Problem using Microsoft Web Browser control
I am trying to access the Custom properties of a Web Browser ActiveX control on a form and I keep getting a message telling me that "The Operation on the Microsoft Web Browser object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." I searched TechNet and MSDN and could not resolve this. I reinstalled Access 2003 (I have 2003 and 2007 installed on my workstation, XP Pro) and still no resolution. Has anyone else seen this and if so, can you tell me how to resolve this? Jim Does anyone know the name of the file the message...

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Error #2
When I open Outlook 2000, the first time I ger the following error "RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE" It says this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. There are two of us on the outlook e-mail that we share. We have two profiles and sepaarate PAB & PST files. I get it the first time, and when I close it out, it will open on the second go around with no problem. When I open the other profile, I get it the first time I open it, the...

Visual Studio 8.
I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? TonyG wrote: > I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. > > Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is released. :-) > > Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? Yes. Bo Persson Yes and yes. No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message ne...

visual aesthetics
does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a 'visual aesthetic' viewpoint. i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found very little on the finer points of aesthetics. ...

a CPicture control that ley user choose
I would like to find a Picture Control that can display bitmap and that either keep original image size or fit the control. I tried to write one but I am too stupid. So If you have any URL http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/default.aspx Tom "Vince" <biproc2004@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:41f17d82$0$16407$636a15ce@news.free.fr... >I would like to find a Picture Control that can display bitmap and that >either keep original image size or > fit the control. > I tried to write one but I am too stupid. > So If you have any URL > > Q...

Visual Studio SP1
Any ideas when it will be avaliable? why asking? Do u found any bugs? And which Visual Studio are you talking about? "JoeB" <joe____A_A_A_A_A_ANoSpamPleaseThankyou_@kybert.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:OmZecnJHEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Any ideas when it will be avaliable? > > > Im talking about VS.net 2003, i bought it a while ago and uninstalled it because its far too unusable. Im not using VS.net 2002 which is more stable, but still very buggy. joe "Dmitri Zhukov" <dimazhn@yandex.ru> wrote in message new...

Visual C++ versus Visual Basic
Hello, I am aware that this is not a very appropriate place for my questions, but I don't know any other more appropriate place. I have been programming for last 20 years, using Basic, Pascal, Fortran and C++. Of these I liked mostly C++. I usually learned languages by using language interpreter help. Only recently I had to go Visual. I started with Visual Basic for a easy introduction and despite minor starting problems (being Visual means conceptually different) I am now fluent in Visual Basic too. However, when I tried Visual C++, I hit solid brick wall for the first time ...

Error when Opening Control Panel
I'm working on an XP Home system, which in general, works fine. The requested work is done, but there's one leftover error I can't quite track down. When opening Control Panel (or when Explorer is pointing to a DVD drive and the disc is removed, or switching between category or Classic view), the search icon appears, and then a small error window appears that has to be cleared to proceed. The window title reads "Registry Error", and the text is "The system cannot find the file specified". On Clicking OK, the window closes and Control Pan...

How to make a USB control request in a timer callback...
Hi, I'm trying to make the following in a timer callback: VOID DpxMttCalibrationStateEvtTimerFunction( IN WDFTIMER Timer ) { NTSTATUS status = STATUS_SUCCESS; PDEVICE_EXTENSION devContext = GetDeviceContext(WdfTimerGetParentObject(Timer)); UCHAR CalibrationState; status = DpxMttGetCalibrationState(devContext,&CalibrationState); if (status==STATUS_SUCCESS) { if (devContext->Context.State.Calibrated==0) { if (CalibrationState==1) devContext->Context.State.Calibrated = 1; else devContext->Context.State.Calibrated...

Can my MFC Regular DLL run in C++ and Visual Basic?
I have an MFC based dialog application that I want to convert to a DLL. So, as a test, I created a simple MFC Regular DLL that is statically linked to MFC. The DLL has two functions: one to add two ints and return the result and the other to run a dialog contained in the DLL. I can build a simple MFC client app to test the DLL and it works. But when I try to run the DLL using Visual Basic I get a 'Bad calling convention' error. Apparently, this can be solved by adding _stdcall to the exported functions. As I understand it, the problem is due to the fact that there is a difference ...